Batch 9: Wicked Witch of the West [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by darkslayer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 am

Fallout
Hp-1 CND-Mischievous

"I like the way you guys think. Speed, can you take them to two separate locations, strip'em, and pour alcohol on them? That way if they do manage to find someone they will be hard press to get them to help."

Richard looked at the box containing the girl.

"I don't think we should break this container. That there is a geiger counter. The only reason it would be there was if they were afraid of radiation from her. Now that might not affect me but don't know bout you guys. Besides if you were placed, sedated or whatever, in a glass box and woken up in the middle of the night what would be your first reaction? You really want to risk that here? I say leave her loaded up for now and take her with us when we bolt. Besides, the guards at the hospital and going to be expecting her in this state."

Richard knocked on the glass to check the structure of it and to see if the girl was awake.

"I think this is for the best...at least for now. If nothing else we will have a tactical nuke with us. Now Speed pass me one of their jackets and catch up with us when you’re done."
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit

User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by timothy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Speed
HP - 1
Condition - having a surprising amount of fun

Bob grins and sets about his business. In a blur of movement, the two men are stripped down to their underwear, their clothes neatly folded and stacked in the back of the van with their various belongings piled tidily next to them.

With a grunt of effort, Bob hauls the first man into a fireman's carry and is gone in a flash...
ooc wrote:with my speed, using a double movement action i can haull each of them 10 miles and be back in a minute (4 miles per round = 20 miles per minute). different directions, as far out in the boonies as possible.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Millennium » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

In no time at all, Speed has dumped both the guards out in the middle of nowhere, without clothes and reeking of alcohol. Both men will have a lot of explaining to do.

You have their uniforms, and there's enough room in the van for two of you to sit up front with the rest squeezed in the back (assuming Crusher shrinks back down). You all realise it's possible that you might be able to drive right in.

The question is, who goes in front?
GM wrote: Just trying to keep things moving

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Bluecross » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Crusher

HP:1 ……………. CND:Fine

Crusher follows Speed a short distance off the road, just far enough to be out of sight. She shouldn’t feel shy about it, but her transformation still felt weird, and she tried to avoid doing it in front of others. Finding a somewhat secluded spot, she concentrates for a moment, and the change begins, layers of rock crumbling off, her bones and muscles returning to normal.

A few seconds later Helen is walking back to the van. Speed has already returned, both the guards gone

”I should probably be in the back, out of sight. Maybe right near the rear doors, so I can get out quickly if need be.”
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by darkslayer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:06 am

Fallout
HP-1 CND- Fine

Richard took one of the security jackets and put it on.

"I call shotgun! Being crowded in the back is a little too close for comfort for me. Not that I don't like you guys or anything but well.....you know...."

Richard glances down at his hands ands moves to the passenger seat of the van.
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit

Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Millennium » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow the...

Within 10 minute you've driven through the security gates of the compound that, allegedly, contains Harcourt's son. As you pull up to the parking garage one of the security attendants present peers into the van and says "Where's Gerard?"

GM wrote: Someone, whoever is in the front seat, give me a Persuasion roll

darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by darkslayer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Fallout
HP-1 CND- Calm

Richard focused on some paperwork that he found on the front seat when he first took the seat trying to act nonchalant.

“Gerard? You mean he didn’t tell you about it the other night? You did know that he and his old lady was having issues right? He was able to get on her Facebook and found that she was supposed to be meeting someone tonight. He was trying to keep everything hush hush and act normal which is probably why you thought he was coming to work tonight. After he told me that story at the bar the other night, I volunteered to cover his shift. Of course I can always use the OT as well, what with gas prices going up again. But I ramble on…. we gots to get this one set up quick.”

Richard hooks a thumb toward the girl in the glass tomb still keeping his focus on the paperwork trying not to make eye contact with the guard. After all he did want the mission to end before it began because he was recognized.
Persuasion Roll 1d20+3=23
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit

Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Millennium » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 am

Inside the estate

The guard, who's badge identifies him as Esteban, glazes over a little as Richard tells his story. "Trouble with the lady huh? Not surprised, he's an ugly son'a'b**ch...Ha!". He grabs the paperwork out your hand, signs one of the sheets at the bottom and hands it back, waving you into the garage. "Boss man says make the hookup quick this time. Something 'bout wasting power. She's to go in bay 2".

Once you get the van in the garage Esteban closes the door, staying on the outside, and you find yourselves alone. The space here is big enough to hold 3 of these vans side by-side. In the space to the right of the van you see a trolley which is big enough to hold the 'casket' in the back. The observant among you notice scuff marks, probably from the trolley wheels, on the floor leading out a door connecting the garage to the main building.
GM wrote: You got a hidden +2 bonus for use of the guard uniforms and you nailed it.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by sweetja713 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Wildcard
HP 1

Ross hops out of the vehicle. "We need to be careful. We should head towards wherever the bay is and see what we can find on the way."

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Bluecross » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am

Crusher

HP:1 ……………. CND:Fine

Making sure her concealing hood is in place, Helen opens the van rear doors and climbs out cautiously into the garage. She quickly checks for any cameras that might be observing them. If someone was watching they would either have to move quickly, or try and fool the observers.

”You’re right, Wildcard. Let’s keep moving. I’ll get the trolley, if someone can give me a hand. I want to keep the mystery woman with us, if we can. I think she might be a victim of this scheme.”

"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by darkslayer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 am

Fallout
HP-1 CND-Fine

"Agreed. I'll give you a hand Crusher."

Richard moves out of the vehicle and helps load the sleeping girl onto the trolley for transport.

"I did not like the way the guard said 'hookup'. What are they doing to peolpe here? This place is kinda creepy."

Richard looks around the room looking for emergency exits, emergency shut-off switches, and everything inbetween. If things went wrong, he wanted to make sure they knew the way out.
Perception Roll 1d20+10=18
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit

Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Millennium » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

On the inside

Two of you in uniform, the rest in fatigues that could be mistaken at a distance, move the trolley and through door. You don't see any cameras, but rest in the hope that Harcourt's devices do what he said they would and keep you obscured.

Bob disappears in a blur, rushing on ahead faster than you can see to scout the area out. As you move through the building you pass several spacious, individual patient's rooms. All those inside appear to be asleep. You do see one or two doctors and nurses but, surprisingly, none of them see to react to your presence. The wide corridor you follow eventually takes you to the centre of the building, at which point Bob appears again.

"I think I know where we're going. There's what looks like a good's elevator to the rear" he says, hooking a thumb toward the back of the building. "No-one guarding the door". Sure enough the trolley trail on the floor leads where Bob thinks. You get the trolley into the lift, clamber in and press the only button on the inside.

A few seconds later the doors open and you see down a cold, white corridor lit with fluorescent light. The corridor is about 100' in length and appears to open out into a larger space beyond. Somewhere back there you can see a similar green glow to the one in the 'casket' you're transporting.

Sat at the end of the corridor is what appears to be a complex computer desk, with two men in security uniform sat at it. As soon as they see you coming one of them shouts "There's only supposed to be two of you with this shipment"
GM wrote: I'll ask for initiative rolls from the group. Although good ideas / rolls might stop this becoming combat...

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by sweetja713 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Wildcard
HP 1 Condition: Fine

"Easy son, just showing some new people around. We've got to train sometime," Ross says looking the man squarely in the eye.
Initiative 1d20+0=17, Persuasion 1d20+15=30 And just like a good politician he never actually lies.

darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by darkslayer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Fallout

HP-1 CND-Fine

This was expected...but unexpected. RIchard knew that they would eventually run into someone that would notice that they did not quite belong here. Richard started judging the distance between himself and the guards. If Wildcard couldn't pull off the bluff then he would need to get the the two as soon as possible.
Initiative 1d20+3=13
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit

User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Post by Bluecross » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 am

Crusher

HP:1 ……………. CND:Fine


Things had gone far more smoothly than Helen had expected… …Until they came to the checkpoint and were challenged. Oh crap. She had no idea what to do, but fortunately Wildcard stepped in with some smooth talk. Across the trolley from her she could sense Fallout start to tense up, ready to do something.

Maybe she could help Wildcard’s bluff. ”Wow, I know you said security was tight here, but this is… wow.” she says to Wildcard.

Initiative Roll: 1d20 → [4] = (4)

Well, she’s not going first this time, either… :lol:
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights

Locked