Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Batch 9: Wicked Witch of the West [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Millennium » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 am

Bob was first off the mark but through nerves, instinct or terror, the rest of you begin to move. Jesse stepes behind the vehicle, stretching her mind out to grab hold of the handle. At a thought the rear door begins to eerily open, just as Ross runs toward the front of the van.

Inside the second man pulls the trigger and Bob braces for the worst... but it doesn't come. Unbelievably the shot from the taser misses, embedding the prongs in the door of the van!

GM wrote:I rolled attack for Jesse and she succeeded, as did Ross with his attempt to deflect the attack... Crusher is up!
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Bluecross » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Crusher

HP:1 ……………. CND:Fine

As the van came into sight, Helen mentally steeled herself. She was ready. She could do this… …right?

The speed with which events happened froze Helen in place. She was used to reporting, to being an observer, watching on from outside the situation. This was way different. She saw the others spring into action, moving towards the van. Only Richard seemed as uncertain as her.

’I can’t just stand here watching, I should do something…’

Stepping onto the side of the road, gritting her teeth and closing her eyes, Helen concentrated, trying to bring about her transformation. At first a few grains of sand, and then a mini-whirlwind of dirt, stones and asphalt surrounded her. Moments later, Helen was gone, and Crusher stood ready.

Taking large strides, she moved to the rear of the van, ready to either lift the back wheels off the ground, or deal with anyone coming out of the back doors.



Move Action to Transform, second move action to move toward the rear of the van.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby darkslayer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Fallout
Seeing Crusher take the field stirred Richard out of his stupir. He noticed the former driver of the van laying on the pavement still moving. Richard rushed over to the individual and stood over him.

"Stay down! I don't want to hurt you if I don't have to....but trust me..." Richard's fists lit up with the bluish-green tint of his power "I can and will..."

OOC: Move action to get to the fallen driver and standard action to Intimidate him into giving up. 1d20+3=18
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit
User avatar
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Millennium » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 pm

As quickly as it started, the whole thing comes to an end. The driver, now lying on the road, looks toward Richard's hands with horror. Without saying a word he lies flat against the road, putting his hands behind his head.

Inside the van, the other guard drops his taser and mumbles out a quick "Please, don't hurt me!" before cowering back in his seat away from Bob.

At the back, Helen and Jesse both get a good view as the van doors open. Inside is what looks like a metal and glass sarcophagous. There's a woman inside, not moving, illuminated by an odd green light. It makes your eyes hurt just looking at it.

GM wrote:And we're back...
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Speed
HP - 1
Condition - kind of angry

"Don't hurt you?

"Dude, you tried to taser me! Not to mention that you're driving around in some sort of kidnap van!

"How many scared people have asked you not to hurt them, huh?"


Reaching into a the front pocket of the hoodie he's wearing, Bob pulls out the syringe of sedatives he'd been given. In a blur of movement he stabs it into the man's thigh.

"Good thing for you I'm a nice guy..."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Bluecross » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am

Crusher

HP:1 ……………. CND:Fine


Crusher stood at the rear of the van, looking in through the open doors. She kept one hand on the rear bumper, ready to lift if someone tried to move off before they were ready.

Inside the van was… a coffin? Made of metal and glass, it allowed Crusher to see a woman inside, although the light was so bright as to hurt her eyes.

Crusher looked around the sides of the sarcophagus, wandering if there was a power cable or something to give light. Squinting, she looked at the woman. Was she breathing? Or just asleep?

”I got it. This van’s not going anywhere until we’re ready…” Crusher speaks to no-one and everyone, her voice low and rough.

”Who is that?”
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby darkslayer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am

Fallout
HP-1 CND-Fine

Fallout looked down at the driver and grinned.

“Smart choice. Now hold still…”

Fallout extinguished one of his fists and quickly pulled out a sedative filled syringe to quickly take the driver out of the equation. Richard was relieved that no one, on either side, had been significantly hurt. Dragging the now unconscious driver out of the road, Richard joined the rest of the group at the van.

“Hey what’s going on?”
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit
User avatar
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby sweetja713 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 am

Wildcard
HP 1

Ross studies the woman in the sarcophagus. "Well we definitely have proof now that all is not well in the hospital. Should we try and wake her or should we wait until we make our exit from the facility?" he asks while examining to see if the woman is breathing or what exactly is going on.

Perception 1d20+6=7
Hmm in the words of one of my deadlands players, I have toes!
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Millennium » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Both of the men guarding the van are now safely unconscious.

Inspection of the "coffin" in the back reveals no cables or any connection to an external power source. The figure inside does appear, upon close inspection, to be breathing. There is what appears to be a control panel on one side but, unlike the movies, there are no "Release The Damsel" buttons conveniently marked. None of you have any idea what it's doing.

Richard notices, through a vent in the base, and perhaps from a knack for these things, a symbol on something that might be connected to the electronics:

Image

GM wrote:No-one passed the Tech check, Richard gets a good Perception roll
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby darkslayer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am

Fallout

Richard looked over the "coffin" with the rest of the group until he noticed the symbol he has become familiar with since his emergence.

"Well I think I know why she's glowing....also I suggest you all back away."

Richard points out the symbol to the others and while they may recoil from the discovery, he felt a kinda of kinship with the girl. Sure he was radioactive as well but at least he had some control over it. It looked like this girl may not.

"So should we set her free or stick with the original plan and free her afterwards? Either way, I'm letting her out before the night is through..."

Lost in his thoughts as he stared at the girl's face Richard couldn't help but wonder....was this what his father had in store for him as well....?
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit
User avatar
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 am

Speed
HP - 1
Condition - worrying

"Yeah. She needs to be let out of there. But I'm not even sure how to open that thing.

"And I really don't like the idea of dragging her into a dangerous situation when she can't even run away if things go south, y'know? So, maybe we should figure something out before going on with the mission."


He looks from person to person in the group, hoping someone has some idea of how to handle this type of situation.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Millennium » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Further inspection of the van by Richard reveals a geiger counter, which only seems to pick up a signal from his own hands. There's nothing coming out the box. If there's a radiation source there, it's well contained.

You all scratch your heads but can't see anyway simple way of opening the box.
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby Bluecross » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Crusher

HP:1 ……………. CND:Fine

Crusher can’t really get a good view of the box, being so broad across the shoulders that fitting her and the others in the back of the van is a real squeeze. She contents herself with looking over people’s shoulders. When everyone comes to an impasse, she racks her brains trying to think of ways to open the box.

”Uh, I could maybe tear it open, but that might not be the smartest thing…

Has anyone tried talking to the woman inside? Waking her up?”


Those words start her thinking of something else, and she leaves the van for a moment, returning with the unconscious driver tucked under one arm like a sack of flour. Unceremoniously hauling the other guard out of the back, she holds them both up.

”Speaking of waking up… …what are we going to do with these two? Take their jackets, wallets, phones and stuff and leave them here, perhaps?”
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:30 am

Speed
HP - 1
Condition - helpful

"Um, I could run 'em out a few miles into the middle of nowhere if you want. Leave 'em in a field in just their underwear somwhere."

He smiles slightly at the thought.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: Batch 9: Yellow Brick Road [IC]

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:36 am

Wildcard
HP 1

"We need to take any communication devices they have and leave them where they won't be able to make contact with anyone for hours."
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests