Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sapphire Cove Adventures (2e OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures (2e OOC)

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Question, are flynnarrel's posts even relatable to the rest of the players? Or are Cold Steel and I just limited to communicating with one another and Sakuro?

Also, who said anything about killing the weather manipulator? I was just positing that we can convince him to do it, and threaten him with me riding mental shotgun to shut him down if he isn't.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:33 pm

I know N'KIE's Communication Link is only with it's wearer. In previous posts N'KIE mentioned abouting Lotus's mental communication.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm

I am unsure how Immunity Mental Effects (Limit: Half Effect) would work on Mental Communication, I'd like to be inclusive for conversations, just not sure how much Lotus' would be picking up.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 pm

As I understand it, Communication can't be forced on someone. They can block it out if they want to.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:59 pm

That could be an interesting application of the power to think about. Lotus and N'KIE could link their communications to allow for the group to have private conversations without anyone else hearing.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I am assuming that as a player, they wouldn't, but I could be wrong. In either case, my question would be how would the Immunity interact with the Communication in the event that Flynn did wish to communicate (through Lotus' mindlink) with the other players?
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Mr. Sandman wrote:That could be an interesting application of the power to think about. Lotus and N'KIE could link their communications to allow for the group to have private conversations without anyone else hearing.

Lotus can be a communication system for the team on her own.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:11 pm

True. Anyone can willingly fail a save so I am guessing youu would just do that.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, the one point Communication Link can only communicate to another person with Communication Link (which the Suit grants the wearer), Lotus has a much spiffier power to allow the whoile group to communicate. I've always had it where N'KIE can be part of the link, but its never done so. Up to now it only communicates with LDM. It can even speak, but has not done so yet aloud.

I will have N'KIE open up to the rest of the group but haven't done so yet.

I hope this isn't frustrating for anyone.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Cold Steel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Galatea did sort of made the wrong conclusion about believing the others might want to kill the poor slob. :cry:
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 pm

OK, What is the final plan?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Lotus and LDM get in the Enforcers head and try to convince him to help out while Galatea drives us to the prison.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 am

Have a training day ahead of me I need to prepare for, office has been hellish for the past few days, I'll have Lotus' mental push against the enforcer up tonight.

Sorry about the delay gang.
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 pm

I have just found out that Bending Equalist has returned. I have invited him to return at the beginning of the next adventure as well as inviting Millennium to fill the spot formerly filled by Weyrd.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Right. Forgot knowledge couldn't be used untrained. Hint is: Why do hurricanes form close to the equator?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room