Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Have I Got a Deal For You

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 pm

They are all around the club, at least a dozen. Probably more. Unique scents all with those familiar scents that all the Southside C's had. They all seem to be drinking and socializing, spread out into small groups of 2 to 4. None of them seem to have made any of you.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Golden Tiger

Nolan will seek the others out and tip them to the Southsider's presence. He will single them out and suggest to his teammates that there are too many civilians around to try anything openly--the Southsiders are indifferent to harming innocents.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 pm

That may attract attention. Need a Bluff check to see how well you hide it.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Golden Tiger

Bluff (1d20=7)
Haha, it's kickin' off now!
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
HP: 0
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

kenseido wrote:Outside the club

Gargoyle doesn't spot the man outside the club either, but he does notice something - a man in a gas company uniform working on the gas meter. Odd because its well past midnight.

Noting the unusual time for someone from one of the utility companies to be working, Gargoyle moved to a point where he could get a better view of the 'gas company worker'.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:58 am

Gargoyle

He seems to be covering up what he is doing pretty well, so you can't geta clear view of his actions. As you move closer, you see a small wooden box next to him, exactly the same as the boxes holding the bombs back at the warehouse.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Inside the bar

A couple of the groups of Southside C's take notice of Golden Tiger's "subtle" attempts to point them out.

Need Gargoyle's reaction to the attempt to plant a bomb on the gas lines.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
Luck Points: 1

He seems to be covering up what he is doing pretty well, so you can't geta clear view of his actions. As you move closer, you see a small wooden box next to him, exactly the same as the boxes holding the bombs back at the warehouse.

What the hell!? Gargoyle thought when he saw the box the man had. That can't be a coincidence but how the hell did he get one of those? I thought we'd made sure those had been disabled....were there more we missed?

There was no way that Gargoyle was going to let this guy continue doing what he was doing. He had some questions for this guy to answer, but first he needed to secure him. So he moved in closer so he could grab ahold of the man.

OOC wrote:Trying to sneak up on the guy, Stealth: (1d20+8=12), yeah....so this elephant tried sneaking up on a guy instead.....
Going for a grapple.
Melee Attack: (1d20+8=14), so I guess it's my days for crap rolls....
In the event that somehow manages to connect, Grapple Check: (1d20+22=33)

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Gargoyle

As you approach your target, he seems to be caught up in his work. But as you grab him, he moves out of the way at the last minute, spinning around to face you.

"Man, I don't know which is worse. The bullhorn you set off trying to sneak up on me or your aftershave. I'm sure you know what this is." He holds up his hand which appears to be holding a dead man's switch. He looks like he is wearing a wig, but otherwise matches the description of the man you are looking for.

"So here's the deal, hero. Boss doesn't want you folks dead... not yet. He wants something special for your deaths. But this club is full of Southisde C's. They don't get a pass. So pull your people out without making a scene and the bad guys go boom. Otherwise, we all do; you, me, and everyone in the club - your team included."

Notice: 1d20+5=15
That means the attack is a miss.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
Luck Points: 0 (-1 for re-roll)

Gargoyle cursed mentally. He didn't have many choices at the moment and most of them were bad in some way, shape or form. So he went with the most direct one.

"You realize there's a problem with using a deadman's switch?" Gargoyle moves faster than most people would believe possible for a man of his physical size, grabbing hold of the other man to keep him from moving away while making sure he grabbed the hand that held the deadman's switch in a way that prevented the other ma from letting go of it. "You have to be able to let go of it for it to work."

Then he activated his communicator. "Gargoyle to everyone else; get everyone out of the club now! Target is outside with me and has set more bombs up inside."

OOC wrote:Trying to grab hold of this guy by the hand holding the deadman's switch and keeping him from letting it go.
Melee Attack: (1d20+8=17)...seriously IC? I somehow think I'm going to need a better roll than that so drop last HP to re-roll.
Re-Rolled Melee Attack: (1d20+8=12)...sigh and that's a 22 total with the re-roll bonus....here's hoping it's enough.
And a Grapple Check: (1d20+22=33).

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:31 am

Golden Tiger

Nolan looked up at one of the Southies just as Gargoyle's command came over the commlink. "Everybody out!" he shouted. "This is the police! This is a RAID! Outside now!"

He shook his head. He'd take a bite of these Southies soon enough.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Gargoyle

"You crazy sonnuva..." the man cries as your grab his hand and hold it firmly closed while your other arms locks his free arm and you check him against the wall.

Yeah, you got his best grapple check beats by like 7.

Inside the club

The reaction isn't as big as you expected. The music drwons out anything more then 20 feet away, but the people around you are reacting. The news begins to slowly spread as the people closest to you head for nearby exits.

Having already drawn the attention of several groups of Southside C's, they have a very different reaction. Guns, knives, chains, and clubs start to become visible from the various club members who don't seem to happy their recreation is being interrupted.

And I was worried you were going to do this without a fight. Silly me.
Initiative for everyone inside.

PAGAn

Having been sent to find a specific van by Duncan - that wasn't there - you are now on a block away from the Garage, where the rest of the team is following another lead.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Golden Tiger
Condition: normal
HP: 1

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Bastion
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Apprehensive.

"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Gilliam » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:49 am

Stunner
Condition: Bruised x1 & Injured x1

Initiative Check
1d20+7=25
Gilliam
Superhero