Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Have I Got a Deal For You

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
HP: 0
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

"OH GOD, YES!" You turn to see a new boy in his late teens appear dressed in odd garb, that Golden Tiger recognizes as traditional student robes at Shambhala.

Duncan looks at Mike, "With you, I presume."

"If you want me to help, figure he can tag along with your team from time to time."

Mike look at the newcomer. "Go get changed. Your clothes are upstairs." The kid runs upstairs and heads straight for one of the rooms.


Golden Tiger wrote:"I'll go inside. I might recognize someone by their scent."


Stunner wrote:"Clubbing, count me in. I will need to go home and change first"


Gargoyle nodded and noted that Bastion headed out in his car, he wasn't sure what the other man was doing but assumed it was something for the team. It was a good grouping for going in, Tiger's whole deal was fighting up close and from the looks of the kid his probably was as well. Stunner was a good choice to back them up since most most guys didn't think a pretty girl was a threat, plus Tiger's enhanced senses would be a bonus.

The others could stay outside and back them up as needed.

When Stunner came down her nervousness showed. Gargoyle wondered if it was over how the fight had went when it finally hit him as she continued to glance at his fully masked face while hers was uncovered. Smooth J.R. He thought as he rolled his eyes under his mask at the obvious reason and he pulled his own mask off, an act to show Stunner he trusted her as much as to try and help make her a bit more comfortable.

Then Bastion showed back up, dressed to go in as well. It wasn't a bad idea to have the invulnerable man as back up but Gargoyle wondered if it wouldn't leave the 'back-up' a little short handed to have the majority of the team on the inside. He'd bring that up once they got there however, as Bastion started to fire off questions.

Bastion wrote:"Hey guys, we ready to do this thing. We know which guy hangs out at this club we're hitting? One of the card goons, or that Pokerface'd punk?" Brent recalled the mans face as he levelled a shotgun at his chest and pulled the trigger. "Nah, probably not him right, I don't think a stone cold killer like that could ever really relax."


"No clue who this guy is exactly, Jack's outfit did a decent job of keeping his face from being easy to recognize. But from what you've said about this 'Pokerface' guy so far, he might be the type to be all buisness on the 'job', then cut really loose when on his own time. It's hard to say really. Course it could just be one of their goons who likes to party a lot just as much. Either way I want everyone who's going in to be extremely careful and not take any uncalled for risks. We don't want any civilians getting caught up in this."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 am

Force OPs HQ

PAGAn is standing by Duncan while the rest of you prepare. You hear the android say "Affirmative" before he flies out.

Duncan turns to Gargoyle, "I sent PAGAn on another lead."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 am

Golden Tiger

Nolan came downstairs wearing jeans, a black t-shirt, Converse, and a tuque hat. He was just in time to hear Gargoyle's admonishment about unnecessary risks.

He nodded in agreement.
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

So everyone is going inside except Gargoyle?
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 pm

The Garage

As most of the team goes inside, Gargoyle waits outside. There is a bar area on one side and a stage with a live band playing Pearl Jam and Nirvana hits, with a larger area where people are half-dancing, half-moshing.

Jason takes Stunner out to the "dance floor" leaving Bastion and Golden Tiger to look around the bar area.

If I have the people wrong, feel free to correct me.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Gilliam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Stunner
HP: 0
Condition: Okay (Bruised x1 & Injured x1)

Making her way out onto the dance floor with Jason, Alison starts to move in time with the music as she looks round for anything that looks unusual.

Notice & Search Checks (1d20+9, 1d20+7=[15, 9], [8, 7])

Opps still coming to terms with how to use the different options in IC so slightly stuffed up here :( )
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 am

Golden Tiger

Nolan grabs a beer to help his cover and periodically shifts his position to various locations to sample the air.

User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
HP: 0
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

From the top of one of the buildings across the street from the club Gargoyle watched as the rest of the team went in and then kept scanning the crowd for any signs of the man the group was looking for. Maybe might spot him and could give them a heads up before he got into the club.




World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 am

Bastion
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Trying to blend in ...

When Jason led Alison out onto the dance floor Brent almost followed them, he wanted to make up for failing to protect her at the warehouse. He shook his head slightly, trying to get back into the game.

He needed to keep an eye out for this guy, and letting some kid break his wrist by slamming into him wouldn't help keep a low profile. He bought a beer at the bar along the side of the garage, he noticed but didn't acknowledge Nolan's presence and he walked around the dance floor. Walking through the crowd, while keeping an eye out for any unusual movement or activity, he smiled at a waitress and took up a position by the rear exits.

OOC: Spot check while scanning the crowd. (1d20+7=14) Yup, he's brooding! Apparently >.>
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Inside the club

As the three of you scan the room, you are unable to spot the man that Gargoyle got the description of. Golden Tiger is able to pick up some faint smells that are familiar but with all the booze, sweat, and other bodily fluids, its hard to get a specific source or where exactly they came from.

Outside the club

Gargoyle doesn't spot the man outside the club either, but he does notice something - a man in a gas company uniform working on the gas meter. Odd because its well past midnight.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Golden Tiger

Nolan wrinkled his nose at the variety of odors assaulting him. This was the proverbial needle in a haystack. He passed by Stunner and Bastion to make eye contact. It was impossible to verbally communicate over the blaring current track of Pushing Forward Back.
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:23 pm

<bump>
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Gilliam » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:29 am

Stunner
HP: 0
Condition: Thirsty (Bruised x1 & Injured x1)

As the moshing gets more energetic, Alison indicates to Jason that she is going to get a drink and after checking if he wants one, heads towards the bar double checking where Bastion and Golden Tiger are.
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Bastion
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Trying to be cautious ...

He saw Alison leave the dance floor, her head turning slightly, as she took in the scene from her peripheral, probably looking for Nolan. Brent picked his way through the crowd, avoided a few of the bigger guys, and tried to make sure none of the dancers hurt themselves by surging against him. Eventually, he got to the bar, and ordered a drink beer from the guy behind the counter.

"So you see anything?" Damn it, it would be impossible to hear anything under the heavy beat of the music. He settled for holding the cold beer against his forehead, feigning he was overheated from exertions, and the press of the crowds. He took another look at the crowd trying to find Nolan, curious where the other man got to.

"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Golden Tiger

Now that he had the scent, a grin appeared on his face. Who was going to be first, he wondered? He followed his nose, searching for that familiar scent: those cretins who would do harm to caregivers.

User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron