Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Have I Got a Deal For You

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
HP: 0
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

Duncan looks back at the group. "Since you didn't get any intel from the people in the warehouse, I took the liberty of accessing some of the nearby security cameras to get the license plate numbers offf those trucks. Follow up on them and find out what those explosives were for." He hands Gargoyle two pictures with grainy images of the license plates.

Gargoyle took the pictures without a word. Summers was right; they'd screwed up and not questioned any of the goons they'd taken down. Now they had to do a lot of leg work to figure out what Cardshark had planned for those explosives since there was a good chance he'd still try to pull it off.

The strongman seperated from the group, sitting himself at the nearby computer and did what he could to track down information on the plates as well as calling out to some people he knew in the streets. Maybe they could find out what the buzz was about Cardshark better than he could.

World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 am

Gargoyle

Your research turns up that the trucks were rentals. A phone call to the rental agency reveals that while the trucks were paid for with cash and the address is bogus, the clerk remembers that the man renting the truck was raving about a club he goes to every night, The Garage. That and a good description of the man are your only leads.

Pretty excellent Get Info roll you had there.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 am

Bastion
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Apologetic.

Brent had been watching Gargoyle tap away at the computer following up leads, he'd been thinking about their first outing. Pagan's almost fatal malfunction, Stunner's life threatening injuries, and his own inability to protect them.

He hopped up and walked towards the group, his gaze sweeping over his teammates. "Listen guys, I feel like I owe you all an apology. We went in as a team, but it all went to hell pretty quick. Pagan got tagged by that Pokerface guy after he disabled their vehicles, you all got in and took out that crowd of henchmen, and rather than stick with Stunner, I let myself get swept away towards Jack. I mean obviously Garg and Tiger didn't need my help, I shoulda stuck with Stunner."

He looked up, but couldn't maintain eye contact with Stunner, feeling his failure deeply, slowly he turned his attention to the calm eyes of Tiger. "When we get this situation all wrapped up, I'd really appreciate a few pointers, so I can be more useful than just punching air and taking shots."

He walked over to Gargoyle, and looked at the screen over his shoulder. "What did you find boss man? Any leads for us to follow? I really want to take it to these guys and make sure they don't get away with whatever they are planning?"
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
HP: 0
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

As he finished working on the computer Gargoyle listened as Bastion apologized to the group. Hell as far as he cared Bastion had nothing to say sorry for, he should be the one apologizing to the group; it'd been his plan to send half of them in alone and that had bit them in the collective ass.

It was all on Gargoyle in his own opinion.

It was one reason he'd been so quiet since coming back, he was running over the events of the warehouse trying to see if he could figure out where it all went sideways and if there'd been anything he could have done different.

So far it was a matter of his entire plan being flawed from the start. He'd made assumptions, that had cost them and Gargoyle wouldn't do that to them again.

Bastion wrote:He walked over to Gargoyle, and looked at the screen over his shoulder. "What did you find boss man? Any leads for us to follow? I really want to take it to these guys and make sure they don't get away with whatever they are planning?"

"The bad news is that the trucks were rentaled with cash and all the contact info given is fake."

"The good news is that the clerk said that the guy who rented the trucks couldn't stop talking about a club called the Garage. He said he goes there all the time and we've got a good descripton of him. So we're gonning to go looking for him and find out what he can tell us."

He looked around to the others. "Some of us will go into the club dressed normal while the others keep eyes on outside in case he gets away. Who wants to go clubbing?"
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Force OPS HQ

"OH GOD, YES!" You turn to see a new boy in his late teens appear dressed in odd garb, that Golden Tiger recognizes as traditional student robes at Shambhala.

Duncan looks at Mike, "With you, I presume."

"If you want me to help, figure he can tag along with your team from time to time."

Mike look at the newcomer. "Go get changed. Your clothes are upstairs." The kid runs upstairs and heads straight for one of the rooms.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 am

Golden Tiger

"Initiate," Nolan said to the young boy by way of acknowledgment.

Bastion wrote:He looked around to the others. "Some of us will go into the club dressed normal while the others keep eyes on outside in case he gets away. Who wants to go clubbing?"

"I'll go inside. I might recognize someone by their scent."
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:25 am

badpenny wrote:"Initiate," Nolan said to the young boy by way of acknowledgment.

Mike looks at you. "Not really. Just visiting."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 am

Golden Tiger

Nolan wasn't all that interested, but this seemed a little strange and he was a trifle curious as to who this "Mike" guy was. He carried himself well enough....

Assessment on Mike. Sense Motive (1d20+16=36) :shock:
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Stunner

Tattooedman wrote:He looked around to the others. "Some of us will go into the club dressed normal while the others keep eyes on outside in case he gets away. Who wants to go clubbing?"

Perking up, "Clubbing, count me in. I will need to go home and change first" Stunner said as the new arrival rushed upstairs to change.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Force OPS HQ

"Dress Grunge," Mike says as Stunner heads for the door.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Stunner

"Grunge ... sure, won't be too long then" Stunner called back over her shoulder as she made her way back home to change.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:42 pm

kenseido wrote:Force OPS HQ

"I don't know what that is," Nolan said. Mike would understand why if he was affiliated with the Temple; you don't spend three quarters of your life sheltered from society and come out an expert in fashion trends.

"Can I borrow some clothes?"
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Force OPS HQ

Mike looks you up and down. "There might be something upstairs in Jason's things that fit you."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Stunner

About an hour or so later Stunner returns to the warehouse, it hadn't taken long to find a pair of Doc Martins, old jeans, long sleeved tee and a flannel shirt from the pile of clothes on her bedroom floor. As she found a chair as she tried not to show the fact that she was feeling a little self conscious being out of costume and unmasked.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Hero Points: One.
Condition: Cautious.

Bastion nodded, mostly to himself as he headed out into the crisp night air to clear his head. He walked over to where the Ducati was parked, it's gas tank beaded with moisture from the night air. It rumbled beneath him as he started it up and headed to his cheap apartment.

He couldn't help but think of Grace as he ran through his thoughts about the warehouse. He'd screwed up, left his teammates unsupported, Stunner and Pagan almost paid the price. He might not be Tiger like Duncan, or a detective like Gargoyle, but he wasn't going to let them down again. He pulled up to his place, and quickly ran up the stairs to changes. A pair of loose fitting jeans, some chunky army boots, his wallet chain, and a an old army surplus jacket and he was good to go.

When he got back to the warehouse with the others, he had started to feel a whole lot better. Maybe the ride had done him some good.

"Hey guys, we ready to do this thing. We know which guy hangs out at this club we're hitting? One of the card goons, or that Pokerface'd punk?" Brent recalled the mans face as he levelled a shotgun at his chest and pulled the trigger. "Nah, probably not him right, I don't think a stone cold killer like that could ever really relax." He tilted his head and cracked his neck ... What's that thing they say, pray for peace, and prepare for war. Well, you've got our attention now.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room