Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Have I Got a Deal For You

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Bastion
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Frustrated.

While Golden Tiger's chi healing, whatever that was, got Stunner up. It was against Brent's better judgement, plus there was the fact that the healing seemed to be accelerated, meaning that some fragments could be still be in the wound and possibly go septic. He carefully manipulated his clamps, removing any foreign debris beneath the skin, and in the muscle tissue. He could see Stunner biting her lip, and he knew how much it had to hurt.

He leaned in close and whispered to Stunner as he put down the clamps and picked some sterile pads and tape. "Hey Stunner, I'm gonna be sticking with you through this while you heal up, ok? I'm sorry I let you down. This shouldn't have happened." As he applied the gauze and pads to the traumatized area he squeezed her hand and turned towards Duncan.

He was angry, and he couldn't tell if he was angrier at Pokerface for dropping Stunner and Pagan, or himself for not being there when his team mates needed him.

"We went in, and we got split up, distracted by the situation. Should we get the trucks, should we nab all the thugs. We Pokerface and Jack dropped in on Pagan, I thought they were both going for the trucks. I didn't even realize that Pagan had already disabled the vehicles." Another mistake for a growing list. "But Pokerface slipped past us, while Jack tied us up, sprayed me with some compound, and tried to disengage. That's when we heard the second ..." He winced remembering. " ... and third shotgun blast. I rounded the corner, he blasted me then headed through a ladder to the roof. By that time Golden Tiger and Gargoyle had already secured Jack."

Brent took a deep breath, he'd been a paramedic for just over a year, had seen things. Even dealt with gun shot victims, but when he rounded that corner and almost slipped in Stunner's ...

"Golden Tiger got in there and stabilized Stunner, we grabbed her, grabbed Pagan and got out. Barely."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby badpenny » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 am

Golden Tiger

With his Chi Mastery, Nolan knew where his free flowing Chi had been disrupted by injury. Through concentration, he realigned the Chi flow. As went his Chi, the body followed, and the injuries healed.

He was not much for recrimination. Mistakes had been made, he had learned from them, and with foresight, would not be repeated.

"We captured some. Some got away. I have Jack of Diamond's scent." That was the sum of it.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:09 am

Duncan just stares at you as each of you describes your version of events. He finally nods and heads over to the computer and begins typing without a word. You get the distinct impression he isn't happy with the results but doesn't want to say anything.

After a few minutes he finally says, "We'll get started once Mike gets back and PAGAn is back up."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Golden Tiger

Nolan checked in on Allison (Stunner). "How is the patient?" Nolan asked Bastion. He observed the man and the look he received from him. "Something wrong? I can heal her again. Her meridians aligned quite well when our Chi was connected."

He stood by the side of her bed. "She'll make a full recovery," he said matter-of-factly.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 am

Stunner
HP: 0
Condition: Getting Better (Staggered; Bruised x1 & Injured x1)

As they waited for Mike to return with help for Pagan, Alison could feel herself growing stronger, the sheer and utter exhaustion she was feeling had started to fade and things were starting to look up. Then Bastion once again checked over her injuries with a manner that was surprisingly gentle.

Zen_Gypsy wrote:
"Hey Stunner, I'm gonna be sticking with you through this while you heal up, ok? I'm sorry I let you down. This shouldn't have happened."

Her head was still a bit fuzzy and her body ached all over however Alison thought Why was he saying sorry, he seems to taking this really hard, reaching up and putting her hand on Bastions shoulder “It’s not your fault, Bastion.” Alison said, “It was my choice to open the door and guess I found out I‘m not bullet proof". Returning her hand to her lap Alison tried not to wince at her poor joke “I am going to be fine as we got the best looking after us here and then we can teach them a lesson”

badpenny wrote:
Nolan checked in on Allison. "How is the patient?" Nolan asked Bastion. He observed the man and the look he received from him. "Something wrong? I can heal her again. Her meridians aligned quite well when our Chi was connected."

He stood by the side of her bed. "She'll make a full recovery," he said matter-of-factly.

“Ah I am still awake” Alison said in a good-humoured manner after Golden Tiger spoke and then after a slight pause more seriously “Is it too soon to use the Chi healing again or does it have side effects” as she had recalled her Gran talking about an acquittance of hers that was able to heal people but then suffered the injuries themselves.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:28 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

When Summers moved to the computer J.R. read his body language and got the idea that the older man wasn't too happy with their results. Hell he couldn't argue the point much, things had went wrong pretty much from the start and as the field leader it was all on his shoulders.

While they waited J.R. simply sat at the table they'd originally gathered around, looking over the files Summers had provided them, searching for something he might have missed before. From time to time he'd glance over to where Stunner was being cared for by both Bastion and Golden Tiger then over to where he'd put PAGAn's body. He hoped this 'somebody Mike knew' could do what had been claimed. At least Stunner was recovering pretty well from the look of it but J.R. knew it was more thanks to Golden Tiger's efforts than his own.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:53 am

Golden Tiger
Condition: normal
HP: 1

Gilliam wrote:“Ah I am still awake” Alison said in a good-humoured manner after Golden Tiger spoke and then after a slight pause more seriously “Is it too soon to use the Chi healing again or does it have side effects” as she had recalled her Gran talking about an acquittance of hers that was able to heal people but then suffered the injuries themselves.

Golden Tiger shook his head slightly. "No, there are many types of healing in this world. With some forms of magical healing the practitioner assumes the injury state, but this is not so with me. While I do 'feel your pain' so to say, my merging with your Chi simply guides it back to proper functioning again. Observe."

He once again went through the hand ritual to focus and then he laid his hands on her. "Feel the flow of your Chi correcting itself. You are doing that. I am simply a guide."

+6 bonus to recover from Staggered.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 am

Warehouse/Force Ops HQ

You wait around making small talk while Gargoyle sits alone and Duncan works on the computer. After around an hour, the door opens and a young man around seventeen comes skulking in. Behind him is Mike, whose demeanor hasn't changed a bit.

Mike walks the kid over to the table with PAGAn on it. Duncan walks over as the boy examines PAGAn.

"Interesting choice."

"Small selection. Didn't feel like flying to Emerald City."

The kid looks up. "It's scrap. Can I go?"

"HE is most certainly NOT SCRAP!" Duncan replies. Mike just looks at him without changing his expression, and you see a visible shiver run down the kid's spine.

"Fine." He places his hands on PAGAn and the robot seems to put itself back together as if by magic. Golden Tiger sees an odd similarity between what the kid is doing and the hero's own Chi Healing ability.

As PAGAn comes back online, the kid backs up. "Woah! Weird power source."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:33 am

Stunner
Condition: Much Better (Bruised x1 & Injured x1)

As Golden Tiger placed his hands on her shoulders Alison felt a sense of warmth travel through her body washing away all traces of fatigue. Smiling thanks to Golden Tiger she slipped off the bed and tried a few gentle stretches and was relieved that everything was okay apart from a couple of points of soreness that she was sure time would fix.

Over the next hour she made small talk with Gargoyle, Bastion and Golden Tiger until Mike returned with a sullen kid. With some curiosity she watched the kid almost magically repair Pagan and bring him back to life Huh, what did he mean by weird power source

Another Fortitude Check to remove Staggered condition
Fortitude DC10 (1d20+2+6=26)
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby hero4hire » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:55 pm

PAGAn HP: 2 Conditon: ?

Pagan jolted to an upright position. Small amounts of purplish energy leaked from his eyes for a moment. "PAGAn unit online. Request Update of Mission Status."

Meanwhile inside the confines of his Positronic Matrix the infernal being writhed in frustration at his prison's repair. Though if the robot's first outing was any indication he may not have to wait long to be freed.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:32 am

bump
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:50 am

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
Luck Points: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

Gargoyle got up from the table and files when Mike returned some kid and went right over to PAGAn's remains, staying a bit back to give the kid room to work.

So when the kid simply touched the dissasembeled android and somehow put him back together Gargoyle surprised to say the least and assumed the kid possessed some kind of technopathy based power to be able to do that. Whatever it was though seemed to work fine as PAGAn's eyes lit up and he asked how the mission went. Gargoyle wondered if PAGAn was even bothered by his being ripped to bits, but he answered the question instead of asking his own.

"We stopped the bombs from being moved, caught all of Cardshark's goons and a guy who called himself the Jack of Diamonds. He had a partner that got away."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 am

Force OPS HQ

The kid fidgits as everyone stands around the repaired PAGAn. Mike gives him a half look and says "Go."

"Really?"

"Don't make him tell you again." Duncan replies.

The kid runs out of the warehouse.

Duncan looks back at the group. "Since you didn't get any intel from the people in the warehouse, I took the liberty of accessing some of the nearby security cameras to get the license plate numbers offf those trucks. Follow up on them and find out what those explosives were for." He hands Gargoyle two pictures with grainy images of the license plates.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

*Bump*
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Stunner
Condition: Wondering (Bruised x1 & Injured x1)

kenseido wrote:
Duncan looks back at the group. "Since you didn't get any intel from the people in the warehouse, I took the liberty of accessing some of the nearby security cameras to get the license plate numbers offf those trucks. Follow up on them and find out what those explosives were for." He hands Gargoyle two pictures with grainy images of the license plates.

That was unexpected about the photos, "We are not going after the card guys then?" Stunner asked in a slightly surprised voice.

OOC.
Wants revenge and hasn't made the connection between trucks and card guys.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room