Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Have I Got a Deal For You

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: Troubling times

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:15 am

Bastion
Hero Points: One
Condition: Tug of War!

This was getting him no where, and another shotgun blast echoing through the warehouse only punctuated how much time was of the essence. Noticing a fire station on the wall beside the loading dock, Bastion plunged his hand through the glass, grabbing the reinforced fire house, with a quick throw he wrapped the heavy weighted nozzle around the duct work in the roof above, grabbing both ends of the fire house he strained to pull himself out of the resin.

Snare Toughness: 1d20+6=19 Injured again, I will assume however, that this breaks you free from the ground, so you can move ...

Stunner!!!

Dropping from the makeshift sling, Bastion hit the ground running to clear the corner of the office and check on Stunner's condition.

OOC: Using a Hero Point to modify the scene to give Bastion access to the Firehouse for additional leverage, once clear I will use Extra Effort to Surge a 2nd standard action, convert it to a move action, switch my Strength to Movement and run towards the office.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Gilliam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Stunner
HP: 0
Condition: Not So Good (Bruised x1; Injured x1; Unconscious & Dying)

Although Stunner was expecting a follow up blast from the shotgun it still came as a shock when the pellets ripped into her. Biting her lip so hard that she draw blood she tried to maintain consciousness but it was just too much and as her eyes rolled back the last thought she had was At least I didn't scream ... sorrry ... Granm ....

Firstly a concentration check to maintain her Force Field
Concentration DC14 (1d20+6=22)

So far, so good now
Toughness DC24 (1d20+6=10)

At first look it could have been worse but I forgot to deduct the point from being injured so it is actually a fail by 15 and Stunner is now unconscious & dying.

Fortitude Save DC10 (1d20+6=17)

Whew now have an hour to try again
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Pokerface

Pokerface makes no reaction to the falling Stunner, instead turns his attention to Bastion, and fires. Even the fact that the slug doesn't even cause you a moment's hesitation fails to cause any kind of reaction.

Attack roll: 1d20+16=28
Not a crit, so it doesn't penetrate your Impervious

Jack of Diamonds

"You two are making me laugh. We've killed two of your buddies, and all you can manage is love taps."

He throws a spread of diamonds at Golden Tiger and moves away.

PA[3], Autofire: 1d20+12=28
DC25 Toughness, +1 for every 2 he hit by, upto +5.

Golden Tiger, Gargoyle, then Bastion
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Golden Tiger
Condition: Bruise 1, Injured 1
HP: 2-1=1

Golden Tiger stepped back at the unexpected successful attack by Jack of Diamonds. The diamonds sought his heart, but he turned barely in time and they cut furrows across his chest. He snapped a kick out, but it was without focus. He began to chide himself, but his old mentor's voice called out to him to calm himself and to redouble his efforts to bring this man to justice.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Golden Tiger

Jack smirks as your kick misses. "We were only tasked to kill two, maybe I should hang around and take you two out for fun."

Gargoyle is up, followed by Bastion.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:59 am

Gargolye:
[J.R. Carlton]
HP: 0 (-1 for temp feat)
Luck Point: 1

Condition: Bruised & Injured

Jack’s last joke made Gargoyle’s blood boil, beneath his mask he grinded his teeth as he closed in on the other man and let loose a haymaker punch fully intending to do as much damage as possible.

OOC wrote:Spending an HP to get the Power Attack feat.
Using All-Out Attack & Power Attack, -3/+3 each.
Melee Attack [AoA & PA -3/+3]: (1d20+8=23), that’ll be a Toughness DC 27.
Gargoyle‘s Defense is 15.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:06 am

Gargoyle

Your blow catches Jack as he zigs when he should have zagged and send hurtling to the ground unconscious.

Toughness: 1d20+6=13
Technically he's just staggered, but close enough for government work

Bastion's up.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Bastion
Hero Points: Zero.
Condition: Entangled. And Angry!

Bastion noticed Stunner's blood first, then the lunatic standing over her with the still smoking shotgun. He hardly even registered the blast as it chewed through his jacket.

"I don't care who you are, or why you're here. I'm stopping this, I'm stopping YOU!"

With that Bastion lept towards Pokerface, arms wide, in an attempt to pin that murderous shotgun against his body, and prevent him from using it.

OOC: Move action to move adjacent to Pokerface, Free Action to switch my Speed & Leaping to my Super-Strength. Currently Entangled (So -2 Attack, -2 Defenses, -1 Speed) Using my All Out Attack at full ranks, for a further net total of +3 Attack (+5 & -2), and a -7 Active Defenses (-5 & -2). Grab Attempt vs Pokerface. +5 (All Out Attack; -2 Entangled) (1d20+12=30) Grapple Check if initial Grab was Successful. (1d20+16=17) Also, the Snare was Contagious, so Pokerface may be stuck to me either way.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Bastion

The man makes no reactions to your boasts. He easily avoids your grapple, then fires at the ceilng. Some debris falls down on you getting in your eyes. When you clear them you see him moving into the office. As you pursue, he is heading up a small ladder on to the roof. You follow onto the roof only to find Pokerface is gone.

Take an HP for the fiatted escape.

Combat is over.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger made his way over to Stunner's side and knelt down next to her. He slapped his palms together and rubbed them several times in succession, then he laid his hands on her chest wound. His Chi flowed into her strengthening her life force. The immediate threat was over: she would not die. Now they would all have to see how great was her own resolve to survive.

Healing: Stunner is automatically Stabilized from Dying and she gets a +6 to her Recovery check.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 am

Gargolye:
[J.R. Carlton]
Luck Point: 1

In the aftermath of Jack finally went down and his buddy making his hasty exit Gargolye let Golden Tiger and Bastion tend to Stunner while he made sure that Jack wasn't going anywhere; emptying a nearby shelf of its contents he wraps the metal frame around the lead criminal and his goons who had been took a dose of MAX.

No sense in taking a chance them possibily waking up and getting away before the cops showed.

Gargolye then grabbed some bungee cords he saw and tied the broken parts of PAGAn into one large bundle and carried the remains of the artifical man with him.

Joining his other two teammates finally he looked at Stunner for a moment, mentally repremanding himself for her getting hurt before speaking to the others. "We're outta here, grab Stunner and let's get going. We can't leave her here for the cops."

Once they had everyone secured Gargolye led them all back to the skybikes then back to the warehouse.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 pm

The group of you arrive back at the warehouse. Duncan is talking with another man, he seems to be a contemporary of Summers though he is in almost perfect physical condtion. And while the man is leaning casually against the table and wearing faded jeans and a black t-shirt, something about his bearing reminds Golden Tiger of his mentors from Shambhala. There appears to be no sign of Agent Davies.

The two of them are up quickly as the group comes in, Stunner moving slowly and Gargoyle carrying PAGAn. Duncan directs the group over to a small area with two medical guyrneis and what Bastion recognizes as the typical contents of an ambulance. As Duncan and the stranger look over Stunner and PAGAn, Duncan pauses.

"Everyone, this is Mike. I have known him for... a long time."

Mike nods without looking up from the injured PAGAn. "This is beyond any equipment you have here. I know a guy, I'll be back shortly." Duncan rolls his eyes slightly at the 'know a guy' part.

Mike leaves and anyone paying attention would notice that he makes no noise as he walks casually out of the warehouse.

After Mike is gone, Duncan looks at the group, then his eyes settle on Gargoyle. "What happened?"
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Gargoyle:
[J.R. Carlton]
Luck Points: 1

Gargoyle wanted to say that ‘It went to hell in a hand basket in record time.’, but didn’t. That was his frustration and anger at work so instead he gave a different answer.

“We arrived at the warehouse and it was like you’d said; lots of mooks working on something. Seems they were planning on blowing something up – they’d loaded up two trucks with explosives. So we disabled the explosives and the trucks then moved in to deal with the mooks.

“That went good, some of them took Zoom and Max while the rest used some blasters but we handled them pretty well but there was a pair of guys there we didn’t know about; one looked like the Jack from a deck of card that’s good enough in hand to hand to hold off Bastion, Golden Tiger and me off at once and the other one wore a trench coat with a fedora and packed a shotgun.”

Gargoyle pauses here for a moment as he recalls the series of events “Those two got PAGAn alone first then split up, that Jack guy taking on the three of us while the one with the shotgun got Stunner before taking off. His voice is a bit heavier sounding as Gargoyle tells Summers this. “We managed to get Jack finally though, we left him and all the mooks tied up for the police.”

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Duncan sits quietly as Gargoyles recaps the evening.

"The police and fire department were called to the warehouse on reports of an explosion and two trucks on fire. It would have been nice to find out what their plans for the explosives were, but you all got out alive so that is the most important thing."

He sits back and looks at the rest of you.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Stunner
Condition: Staggered; Bruised x1 & Injured x1

Sitting on the medical bed Stunner listened to Gargoyles diplomatic rendition of what happen at the warehouse. Taking short steady breaths she attempted to ignore the pain that was flaring from every part of her body, she had never felt pain like this before even that 24 hour dance marathon had been a cakewalk compared to this.

As her mind wandered she recalled coming to on the back of one of the skybikes with Bastion fussing over her, he told her that Golden Tiger had saved her life in the warehouse yet Bastion seemed to be as skilled as a Doctor himself, did he say he was one or not. Once off the bikes she had made sure that she thanked both men for their help and yes she would be fine, really. She had even managed a wry smile that faded when she saw Pagan, he needed a lot more help as she would heal.

After Duncan had spoken Stunner replied in a quiet voice "Stuffed up, I was over confident and wasn't careful enough this time" Pausing for a second "Did that Jack guy say anything? and thinking to herself next time you are mine Pokerface

Constitution check to remove Disabled condition
Constitution Check DC10 (1d20+2+6=17)

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room