Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Scarecrow

Postby Evolución » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 am

Marriotte had been busy identifying the drugs. They were primers, base paste with which to make other kinds of drugs, extending them with different processes. He was a bit frustrated to not being able to identify the origin, but that would have to suffice for now, he was getting late to his appointment.

....

A shadowy figure can be seen dancing its way through the gravestones. Its undulating silhouette mockingly rolling over the gravestones and through the cemetery, until he spots Grave Robber. The man was of course intimidating, but the good doctor had a persona to maintain.
"Good evening to you,
it seems we are but two,
Quite a scene to choose
I'd have picked a park or zoo."

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 pm

A tall bald man steps into the courtyard. His hard gray eyes looking in every direction, constantly, at once.. Seemingly he has to take care to not hug walls, trying to actually stay out in the open.

He approaches the two men already there, his voice hoarse from disuse. "Graverobber. Scarecrow." Its those hard eyes that give him away, that hard glare of so much pain and a willingness to share it. When he approaches closer, there's an odd shift in complextion, a racoon's mask of weathered skin where the rest of the race is almost new and corpse pale.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Huntress

Lacy arrived a little early for the meeting with the others she had encountered just a couple of days ago. Her research had turned up vague references to the Rhyming Scarecrow man, the Grave Robber, and the homeless man. Oddly enough, the homeless man had a rather active online presence. He might be a little unhinged, paranoid even, but he seemed determined to make the city safer. She could respect that.

Her questioning of the Garras de Aguilas she had snared last night had turned up a little information about the girl. They didn't know much about her except that it was rumored that she was causing the Midtown Sharks major headaches. According to the gang members she had interrogated, rumor was this girl could dodge bullets. Lacy had laughed at that. This wasn't the Matrix, people couldn't dodge bullets. At least that information had given Lacy a clue to the girl's abilities. Based on that information, it was fairly easy to conclude the girl was quick and agile.

It was fortunate the meeting was tonight. Father was back in Washington and mother had flown to L.A. last night for a major marketing party being thrown to kick off a new cosmetic line. This left her alone for the next few days.

She approached the old church cautiously, keeping to the shadows. As she got closer, she saw the Grave Robber waiting on a stone bench. Standing nearby were two others. One was obviously the Scarecrow. The other she couldn't identify from here.

Stealth = 1d20+10=29 Perception = 1d20+8=28


She read the sign on the cemetery. How appropriate, she thought, Mount Hope cemetery. She remembered her father mentioning they had ancestors buried here.

When she was close enough, she sprinted and vaulted over the short fence and landed a few yards away from the bench.

"Good evening gentlemen."
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby whiteprofit » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Grave Robber
HP: 1

I stand when the Huntress announces her arrival. "Hello, everyone. I'm glad you came," I say to the figures. "Shall we wait a few more minutes for the others or are we ready to start this party?"
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:39 pm

(bump1)
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby Walking Dad » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:02 pm

I was giving Omega Girl a bit more time to post for Sunrise, but I thing you can do ahead and start talking and I will find a reason for her late arrival, well, later.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
User avatar
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2599
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 am
Location: Germany

Scarecrow

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:51 pm

"I think we should start,
if we aim to thwart,
the evil deep in the men's heart"
suggests rhythmically the Scarecrow.
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Grave Robber
HP: 1

"I've uncovered very little," I say, pulling out a list of notes. "I have a short list of names from the fingerprints on the briefcases, but all of them check out to be gang members. Nothing on the suits. We could try to follow or hit the gangs, but those aren't the problem. Gangs run on the money that they're making from these unknowns. I'll try to follow up with my contacts at the police department, see if I can get any more information on anyone brought in that night. But I'm guessing it's a dead end, unless you've found something."

I wait for the others to answer, wondering what they've spent their time gaining.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Huntress

Lacy looked around at the others. Not everyone had arrived yet. Then again, there might be reasons why they won't be joining the rest of them.

"I took the liberty to do some research on everyone. I would expect the same to be done on me. I was unable to turn up anything outright criminal in nature which is why I decided to show up this evening. Obviously what we witnessed the other night was a common drug deal. Why someone decided to tip us off about it is yet to be determined. Well dressed men in nice suits handing out briefcases of money is something I would not have expected. It would seem as though someone wants us to work together for reasons unknown. The big question is how do we accomplish that? We all have out own motives for fighting crime, mine is personal. If we are somehow going to work together, where will we meet? How do we communicate information to each other that we might uncover?"
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Scarecrow

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:55 am

"The drugs are rather common and plain,
Primers of what you can buy at the station of a train,
or in a dark alley at night,
pretty strong sh*t, ask you might.

The results of the analysis are here...."

He contorts and extends from his sleeves a simple A4 sheet with the results of the chemical testing.
User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm

D-fens turns and looks towards Huntress. "And what did you learn about us?" He hilts his head to the side, continually looking out and around. "I was ambushed last time we met. Forgive me for thinking that the same thing is going to happen. And where's the other girl?" His hands slip into his coat, handling something bulky in one pocket.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Huntress

Lacy turned to face D-Fens, acting braver than she actually felt. It was possible he had a gun so she had to be careful. Based on their last meeting, he was quite paranoid.

"No need to be concerned. Most of the information I was able to turn up was anecdotal or hearsay in nature. Your blogs, however, were very interesting and enlightening. Had I turned up any information on any of you that I was either uncomfortable with or felt bordered too closely on criminal I would not have shown up tonight. Each of us has been pursuing personal agendas for some time now. Some of us have been concentrating their efforts on combating the gangs while others have been going after bigger fish."

She looked around to see the reactions of those gathered before continuing.

"We have no reason to trust each other at this time. Trust takes time and must be earned. I have the feeling that we do not have a lot of time to build that level of trust. Let me be the first to start."

Taking a chance, she tosses her trusty crossbow to the ground.

"If you don't trust my motives, then go ahead and take me out. The choice is yours."
User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Grave Robber
HP: 1
Location: Church Grave Yard

I take the list from the scarecrow and try to avert my eyes before I roll them at his antics. Everyone has a mask to wear and mine is just as crazy at the right angle. Glancing at the read out I say, "I was expecting more." The list is exceptionally boring. Why would we be called to something so simple. Was it just to get us together?

When Huntress disposes her bow on the ground, there isn't a second I would believe she's unarmed. But the action isn't without merit and concern. But there's not way to address it, she's just young. She hasn't been stabbed in the back enough times to know that there is no such thing as trust in this business.

"Thank you, Huntress. Your motivations are not questioned and I hope you find I am trustworthy enough to call an ally. I will help with this as far as it goes," I say.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:03 pm

D-Fens

D-Fens glared at Huntress, his jaw moving (the acute of observation would see that he's counting- twice).

He turns his back on the group and begins to walk away, "You have a way of contacting me when you get serious about the War. I'll send you items as I find them, maybe you'll stop playing long enough to pay attention." he shakes his head as he approaches the shadows. "Nothing but spoiled children playing with wooden swords."

Stealth to Hide In Plain Sight 1d20+7=19
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [IC]

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 am

Grave Robber
HP: 1
Location: Grave Yard

"I guess he didn't have any information to share," I offer playfully to the outburst and insults. Raising an eyebrow to the others I can't help but try to keep things on track. "So we have an ordinary drug deal, up until the mystery men in suits. I'd still like to find out who they are, but perhaps this was more simple than I'm thinking. Perhaps our benefactor just wanted to introduce us."

"So, I say we keep doing what we're doin until a time comes that we need to reach out. And if our mystery texter calls again, I'll answer, so don't shoot me." I offer a wayward smile and wait for any response before leaving.
did anyone else have anything else to add? I feel like we're dragging yet I'm happy with the pace as long as we're all still interested. And if there's no more business I think we need a push or hook or something. Maybe another text with some direction.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Evolución, metool2, Neo-Paladin, Shock, XeroKhan and 9 guests