Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Perfectibilists! Part Three: Paradise, Lost![IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: The Perfectibilists! Part Two: Each Thing A Thief![IC]

Postby dreamking89 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 am

Cheshire Cat
Condition: Pretty much this
HP: 3

Cheshire Cat stares for a long while at the gold before appearing onto the pile of gold and speaking to Eidolon and Willow,"We interrupt this heist to bring you all an important message: JACKPOT!!!" He laughs and hugging gold bricks to his chest, giddy as a schoolboy, "Have you seen all this gold?!" He leaps off the pile of gold, still hugging the gold to his chest, "What am I even going to do with all this!?! I can buy a new mansion.....to hell with the mansion, I can buy a country!!! HA! We've got the wealth of dozens of countries in our hands!! I....I'm gonna...." He laughs wildly again, letting the gold bricks he collected fall to the ground. "I don't know what the heck I'm going to do!!! This is the heist of the century!!!"
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am

Hound wrote:Jack
HP: 1 Luck: 5

Jack bowed, and gently tipped his hat before standing up right, replacing his head dress and smiling brightly, "Mr. Stranger. Good day to you. My name is Jack. I assume you have heard of me? Well, I have heard much of you. I was flying by and spotted you, and thought, were in a similar business you and I. Would you like to get a spot of tea and talk shop? I hear they have an excellent earl gray at the shop two blocks over."

Stranger eyed Jack & didn't flinch. It was a long stare ... seconds passed - then, " ... just flying by were you, Jack ? What a coincidence, especially with this crowd here. Word on the streets is something big was going down soon - you hear anything about that, Jack ? "

Stranger sits perfectly still, taking no aggressive action - he just keeps his hands on the grips & waits for the Woodsman's response ...

Kevin wrote:Stranger looks like "Grifter" from Jim Lee's "WildC.A.T.S.", except the hair is under a mask & the colors are gray & black - Jack is up ..."
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Jack
HP: 1, Luck: 4

Jack offered a friendly smile. "Truth be told, I spotted that fair lass, Essence on the new. I thought to myself, 'Jack that looks fun!' so I put on my sunday bests, and headed straight out the door. But then what do my eyes see? Why you mister stranger! I must say I do love your work. So vicious, so bloody, so efficient. We have much in common." The man in green, grinned ear to ear. "Much in common indeed. Why you have more common with villians that heroes. Sure you kill evil, but it's still murder. You still enjoy it. You still get a stiffy everytime you pull that trigger." Jack let out a sigh of ecstasy, "Death is such a beautiful thing? Don't you agree?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Stranger leans back some on his motorcycle, staying silent a few seconds again. The stares at Jack, then says, " You have no idea. But, there is a key difference between us, Jack: I flush society's @#^%!! down the drain, maybe making the world a better place. YOU - you're just a Psychopath, taking anyone off the streets that tickles your fancy. "

Stranger twists his left wrist & the Harley's engine growls, " You want the Fed, take it - if you can. I wont tangle with you - not now anyway. But, don't forget %#@-hole, you aren't the only $%&!# crook with a plan ..." Stranger turns his wheel & speeds off down Liberty Street against traffic, wheeling in & out of traffic!
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Jack
HP: 1 Luck: 4

Jack frowned as the man drove away. In away, it was a victory, but not one Jack enjoyed. "How... pathetic." He said with a sigh before tapping his communicator. "Gentlemen and Lady, the hero is gone, but I am currently appearing on about several dozen cell phone cameras, which are most likly being streamed, or uploaded, or what ever it is to the youtube. I recommend we wrap up as soon as possible."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby dreamking89 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:54 am

Cheshire Cat
Condition: :mrgreen:
HP: 3

The Cheshire Cat had been stuffing his pockets with the shrunken gold, as much as he could carry without hindering him when Jack announced that the Stranger had left.

"Too bad. I was looking forward to making a fool of some heroes today." He says with his trademark grin, "I guess I'll just have to settle for the chance to build a solid gold fort in my living room." He cackles, letting the tiny gold bricks run through his fingers before stuffing them in his pockets. He looks back up at Eidolon, taking out a piece of paper and starting to fold it into a shape "How long until you got our escape route ready? I wanna start planning where I'm going to keep all these bars.". The Cheshire Cat puts the piece of paper on the floor gently. It is now folded in the shape of a Cat's head, a huge grin drawn upon it.

CC isn't taking too much gold, only enough of the shrunken bars so that it doesn't cause an encumbrance penalty. This is mostly for the sake of feeling the gold on his person, and so he can escape with a small fortune in case something goes horrifically wrong.
Last edited by dreamking89 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:23 am

Eidolon
HP 1, Luck 2
Condition: Normal

Since time is short due to Stranger's arrival, Eidolon dispenses with the need for any bombs set behind for heroes. In all likelihood, heroes would be hitting the streets in search of them, not digging around for clues. Besides, there wouldn't be any clues. As a parting gift to the Fed, Eidolon starts a countdown on his nanotech, ensuring that they'll self-destruct in an hour and destroy all of the sensitive equipment into which they burrowed. None of the tech should be in any shape to provide clues to their whereabouts or even who committed the crime.

Eidolon finishes shrinking the gold in the four rooms and then surveys the room for anything out of the ordinary. After ensuring that his men are all with him, he addresses his fellow villains. "You heard the man; let's make this quick. The gold is all loaded," he looks to Tyrannosaur, who is holding most of it. With a click of the button, he activates the teleportation device to take the Pact to the location of their headquarters, a building designed like a sci-fi film studio set. More of Eidolon's men would be waiting there, along with the trucks necessary to move the gold.

OOC wrote:Eidolon would be carrying his share of the gold, or as close to his share as he could have estimated in picking up shrunken loads of gold bars.

The rest of the villains might want to be there, waiting in reserves for the possibility that someone tries to stop their escape from the city.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Prof Weird » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Lithos
HP : 1
Condition : Fine

"So this is what a competent plan looks like !" Lithos noted to herself as she picked up the shrunken gold for transport, "The only resistance we've faced so far was that pompous twit of a security chief ! As if anyone who'd rob a federal reserve could be talked out of going through with it !

'Let me use the radio to tell my men to surrender' ? I'm not the brightest person around, but even *I* wouldn't fall for that bit !"

She hefted the pallets to feel their weight, and her strength. She had close to a hundred BILLION dollars within her grasp ! A number so large it was beyond understanding !

She'd have to spend a million dollars a day, every day for thousands of years to make a dent in it !

She wouldn't mind trying, but it would be an EXTREMELY bad idea just now - with so much gold stolen, she doubted anyone will be able to pawn a class ring without the Feds and other 'enforcers of goodness and the status quo' giving them the third degree for years to come.

She grinned at the irony of it all."Money money everywhere, but not a cent to spend !

But at least the heroes don't know that the gold has been shrunk down. It will be so much easier to hide this way, and they'll probably be examining ships, trucks and trains big enough to carry thousands of tons of gold."

She mulled a bit more before Eidolon signalled them to teleport out.

"I wonder how long it take for the 'heroes' to set aside their ethics and morals to 'deal with' us.", 'knowing' full well that when things get tough, heroic ethics are the first thing to go.

"The 'good' and 'just' leaders will probably send the most powerful, dangerous and psychotic heroes they can rummage up to resolve the crisis." she noted to herself with a smile, "Well, we've got them beat at all three things !"
Last edited by Prof Weird on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm

The sound of sirens has been constant throughout the morning, increasing just as the heist began, due to Essence's airport assault. Now, it intensifies ... & winds towards downtown! Several police cars enter the block where the Fed sits from both directions, a few vehicles mounting the curbs to avoid the traffic! Five cars stop outside the Fed & a multitude of armed officers, handguns out, exit their vehicles, running for the Fed entrance! The crowd of pedestrians outside move to the side as FCPD officers rush to the blocked doors & cops snap radios to their mouths, barking responses as they find the entrance blocked by heavy vines!

The sound of helicopters - two FCPD helos appear over the Fed, circling - fills the air over the short block of Liberty Street. People scatter around the area, looking at the helos & sudden police presence - there's a gaggle of conversation from citizens wondering what's going on!

Several FCPD officers try to knock through Willow's barrier with brute force, which fails - then an officer calls for heavy equipment to assist! The traffic outside the Fed is at a stand-still as drivers bottleneck to see what's going on! Some drivers exit their vehicles, like a few taxi drivers, to protest FCPD's inability to handle local crime - and challenge parking tickets ...

All across downtown & adjacent areas (the Waterfront/Riverside, Midtown, & Wading River) cops saturate the area, speeding around looking for anything "suspicious" ...

Kevin wrote:Pause here for posts & once I work out Essence's situation, we'll move on ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 am

Eidolon
HP 1, Luck 2
Condition: Victorious!

Having secured the gold, Eidolon addresses his fellow villains, "Remember, valuable allies, that we still have much work to do. This gold will not be worth nearly as much if we don't play it smart from here. I would suggest no back-stabbing..."

Not wasting time with more words, he begins scanning the gold for any evidence of tracking.

OOC wrote:Eidolon is using some serious, heavy-duty scanner systems set up in the headquarters to check the gold for tracking of all sorts - radioactive signatures, tracking beacons, shrunk heroes, the whole works. Obviously, magic is outside of Eidolon's area of expertise, but he wants to be as thorough as he can.

Note: Edited in light of Kevin's PM; Eidolon would have been prepared with the scanners.
Last edited by RedBstrd on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Nineofspades » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Willow
HP 4

Willow felt the officers at the door as they struck at her barrier, unable to get through. That said, the act itself was still not something which could be accepted. As Eidolon spoke, Willow went off to deal with the officers herself. Merging with her plants, she reappeared at the front door, green eyes vibrent as she stared down the officers. With one hand, she slightly caressed the wall of vines and branches behind her "Which ones hurt you?" Though the lawmen assembled would only hear the slight shudder of leaves as the plants shuddered, Willow heard them speak, pointing out those who'd tried to take the wall down. "Bleed. Now!" From the ground came dozens of sharpened, thorny brances. Like spears, they shot up and stabbed at those who'd attacked her door, sparing the rest. For now.

Brambles against whichever officers tried to attack the plants blocking the door. DC 25 Damage, indirect, shapable. Its also sustained, so anyone moving through the area will also take damage.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 pm

When Willow emerges from the tangled plant life, the officers jump back, shocked! The draw their handguns, aiming at Willow, who is paying her plants far more concern than the police officers! Upon command, the thorny braces struck like spears, stabbing & impaling the officers, who never even get off a shot! Blood paints the steps of the Fed & the crowd of civilians nearby scream in terror as they scatter in all directions! People even abandon running vehicles to escape down alleyways on foot!

The entire block is complete chaos, as Willow now stands over the skewered bodies of nearly a dozen incapacitated policemen, but one of the police helicopters comes to hover less than a hundred feet over the street! From the aircraft speaker, a command is issued:

" Willow! You are surrounded by the Freedom City Police Department! Surrender yourself quietly or we'll put you down! Now! "

The other helicopter comes to hover about a hundred feet to the side of lead helo - a sniper dressed in black fatigues aims his rifle in Willow's direction! From the radios of the fallen officers, Willow can hear the FCPD chatter & it's focused on her! The sound of sirens gets louder, echoing closer ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Nineofspades » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Willow
HP 4

Willow enjoyed seeing the people scatter. She enjoyed the fear in their eyes. They'd remember what they'd seen. And perhaps a few may even have learned from this demonstration. After witnessing the cost of such action first hand, they would be hesitant to strike out against The Green in the future.

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:" Willow! You are surrounded by the Freedom City Police Department! Surrender yourself quietly or we'll put you down! Now! "

Willow only smiled. Such tiny things, these people. Riding about in their machines, and thinking themselves tall. She might be surrounded by men, but Willow had this city surrounded. Every garden on the windowsill, every office plant, every blade of grass, each beautiful spore of mold benith the sink. And the far vaster expanse of green beyond the city limits. A handful of officers had her surrounded, yes, but Willow had their entire city surrounded and she knew it. How small a task to remind them of their true place on the food chain.

But she had no time for that right now. "Harm my plants again, and I will not be so kind as to let civilians flee."

Not waiting for a response, Willow once more vanished into the thick branches, and rejoined with the rest of the team in the vault.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 am

(the building lower right)

Near the corner of 10th & Foster, three blocks Southeast of the Freedom City Masonic Temple, Eidolon's rented building is awaiting the team, as warm breezes nudge the shrubbery lining the sidewalks. The streets are very busy with vehicle & pedestrian traffic, as the Lindroos Bridge looms almost directly overhead the site. Inside the building on the rented lower-level, a handful of local aspiring actors, driven by dreams of fame & a decent day's pay, stand around chatting.

The 10' tall x100' wide x100' deep-space looked to be recently-renovated, from a group of smaller office spaces into one giant area with fresh white paint & gray carpeting. There was a long 10' table with two containers of hot coffee, a stack of Styrofoam cups, three boxes of assorted pastries, napkins, a screenplay & a collection of props (fake handguns, sunglasses, fake police badges, ect.) scattered around. In the corners were rolling wardrobes displaying copies of Los Angeles police uniforms, space suits, business attire & other casual clothing. Stage costumes, no doubt. The gathered men talked, gazing out the tinted, floor-to-ceiling windows facing Foster Street, consuming coffee & donuts, eager to begin. The "Hollywood hopefuls" were told this morning's shoot was "... an action scene, with a chase & a twist or two ..."

In the center of the space were two 3 & 1/2' high x 10' long chrome coolers - locked. Inside one was Eidolon's "PC", a computer array with the advanced capabilities designed to handle whatever the criminal genius needed in the way of super-electronics. The other "cooler" contained assault rifles, ammunition & explosives, for Eidolon's crew of mercenaries - again, just in case. Eidolon also refitted the space with anti-detection devices to prevent law-enforcement from tracking the team or the gold to this site. To top it off, the mastermind had made sure to have his own secret "Panic Room" concealed in the floor of the space. All locks & equipment was completely under Eidolon's remote-command, to better ensure safety against any unexpected attack.

Parked outside on the 10th Street side, there were three trucks - a "U.S. Postal" delivery truck, a large moving van & a smaller "Ice Cream" truck - all sitting in a line outside the site, the drivers patiently waiting while going over the falsified identification from their wallets. The names should be easily-remembered & spoken in the very best English they could muster. It all should be, as Eidolon had demanded repeatedly, flawless ...

Kevin wrote:A little scenery for when the team arrives - Essence shows up first ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: The Pentacle Pact! Part One: Nothing Gold Can Stay![IC]

Postby Belial666 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Essence
HP: ???
Condition: :twisted:

The encounter at the airport had gone both better and worse than expected. Better, because a hero had been -for the time being- taken out of the picture. Worse, because the heroes' interference had prevented her from achieving her intentions in their entirety; instead of throwing the entire city into chaos, she had to retreat. But unlike other partially or wholly insane scions of darkness, Essence was not a megalomaniac. She knew she could not face all of Vanguard on her own and win.

Focusing her magic, she'd performed a couple minor spells. One of them had guided her -not very precisely- to the rest of the team's getaway location. Any competent wizard could do so if measures were not taken but not nearly as fast as someone who knew the exact names of the rest of the team, had personally met them, had discussed potential plans of escape with them and knew what they'd be carrying and the rough timetable of their arrival. Be that as it may, Essence had still had trouble arriving without putting off too much of a magical signature that others could trace. As she approached the studio under partial cover, she still was not entirely sure whether she'd been successful.
Belial666
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room