Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

Postby Arkrite » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Bobby
HP: 2

Bobby jumps at the realization of what Shelby had just said.

"What?!" He snaps, stareing daggers at Sebastian.

How could he have told him about that!
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 pm

Steven Mason
Cnd: Healthy
Loc: Museum

Since the man in the lab coat had started to ignore him Steven gave the man a dirty look, put off by the rudeness. Then, turning about, he returned to the dastardly trio of Sebastian, Shelby, and Mark. While they finished up some conversation that had gotten Bobby's attention Steven glanced around for the ever elusive Jaymie. After a thoughtful 'hm' his attention returned to the group.

"You guys find out anything? Dude in the coat told me that they hired out to some wiz-kids from Industrial Light and Magic to work on the video. He clammed up after that."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Israfil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:32 am

Sebastian
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Shelby's statement sent a shock down Sebastian's spine. Apparently Bobby was just as taken aback as he was, but he was also a very good actor. It was possible that he had told Shelby (they hung out all the time after all) and was just covering his tracks, or maybe there was more to Mr. Lane than Seb had previously thought...

He decided to ignore Bobby's unspoken accusation for the moment, and answered Steve's question.

"Nothing from the video that can really help us at the moment. But Mark said he saw some interesting things down in a lab here. There's a device called the Ark, and it has something to do with nanotechnology that rewrites the genetic code. In addition, this video only seems to be affecting those who have been altered."

He turned to Shelby.

"Maybe the genebots also changed the ocular processor regions of the brain, so we see something in this video, but it's nothing that we can visually comprehend. Think of it like a new color. Have any of you noticed changes in your vision, like seeing higher or lower energy waves such as infrared or ultraviolet?"
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 am

Alanis seemed to listen to the conversation closely and said, "Looks like the same old fuzzy video to me."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Arkrite » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Bobby

Bobby crosses his arms, looking between Sebastian and Shelby before finally agreeing with Alanis, "Yeah, it's just a bad video with some touch-up work."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Israfil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Sebastian

"Just going on a theory here, I've personally noticed changes in my vision. I visually observe things a lot faster since the change, like the crinkles at the edge of eyes, or a slight twitch of the lips. If any of you have experienced this, like low-light vision or what have you, it would be one explanation of the video-hypnosis.

"In any case, we do need to decide a plan of action. Or even decide if and when we want to act."

OOC wrote:Almost all of the characters have some kind of Visual Sense power, another similarity among the high intelligence, which is why I went off on this (unimportant) tangent :wink:
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sakuro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Steven Mason

Steven's eyes glazed over as Sebastian got all sciency. But he tried to listen and pay attention. When the brainiac mentioned low-light vision he nodded one.

"Yeah, I see better in low-light."

Then he seemed to muse on something for a while. His eyes shifted back and forth betwen Mark and Sebastian.

"So ... there is a huge lab in the back rooms? I knew it! OK ... Sebastian, do you need to get back there personally, or can you write some kind of virus into a flash card that Mark plug into the computers? You know, to suck up all the information on them. I'm sure he could take a camera with him to ... to snap pictures of all the stuff back there."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Shelby continued to rub his chin as he stared first at the screen and then at some of the other displays. Stepping away, the young man considered the question. "I don't think it would be a good idea to try to get into the system from here. I think perhaps the internet might be our best bet, and I think Seb may be our most effective operative."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Mark Swanson
HP: 3

"Hmmm well... I can see in total darkness while in ghost form. In does not effect my normal form. Perhaps the Television is emitting a signil that only those with nanites in their blood can pick up? An attempt to draw us in? I mean... we've been standing here... infront of this video for like... an hour now, and Steven was infront of it for an hour before that. Maybe... it's like bait to fish for supers..." Suddenly Mark began to look uneasy and his eyes began looking around the museum. "Or am I being paranoid again?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:00 am

Steven Mason

Steven sniffed a little as Shelby suggested withdrawing. He didn't like the idea of backing down, but it made a certain kind of sense. Especially after Mark started into talk about the video being bait. Which echoed some of his unvoiced concerned.

"Nah man. I was thinking the same thing. Which is why I'm cool with hitting the road and letting Sebastian do his thing from a far off computer like Shelby suggested. But, uh ... did you see any comet chunks back there Mark?"
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am

Mark Swanson

"Didn't see any, but I wasn't really looking. I could go back for a second look." Mark shrugged, still on edge.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Israfil » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 am

Sebastian

"I think a little paranoia is a healthy thing right now," Seb reassured Mark "But you should see if there's any samples down there, then we can leave. I don't think that they will be moving them any time soon."

He yawned. The lack of sleep was getting to him, which would make him sloppy if he ignored it.

"Can any of you drive my ride back to Viking Bay for me?"
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sakuro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Steven Mason

"I can drive."

Steven announced after Sebastian's question, his fingers wiggling menacingly in the air. Perhaps there was a reason he didn't have a car. Other than the fact he could get from point A to point B faster without one these days.

"Lets hang around until Mark finishes his second run though."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Arkrite » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 am

Bobby

Bobby looks around from person to person before turning to Alanis and whispering, "Did I miss something? Are they trying to rob the museum? I mean, the video wasn't that bad."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Mark Swanson

"Robbing a museum... he makes a point. I thought you all wanted to play hero... this sounds more like villain talk now that I think about it..." Mark paused for a moment, "Isn't there a DC villian called Gentlemen Ghost? I guess that will make me... Gentlemen Ghost lad? Man all the good names are taken..." Mark sighed heavily. "What ever, you want me to steal a chunk, if they have one, I will."
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room