Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Steven Mason
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc: Museum

Steven didn't even look at the display when Sebastian pointed, trying to draw his attention to something on screen. He'd seen enough of it. An hour's worth.

"That's cool and I want to hear all about it later but I need you to ... Focus Sebsastian!"

Steven reached his hands out as if to grab hold of Sebastian and shake some sense into him. Instead he mimicked the act in the air right in front of his comrade.

"You can work on your theory of alien life later. Right now people are at risk of mind rape by a TV. Jeeze ... prioritize bro."

With a huff he turned his attention to Shelby and tried to see what lab rat he was talking about. Did museum staff wear lab coats? Shaking his head Steven meandered away from the distracted Sebastian once he found the guy Shelby was pointing out.

"Try to keep him on track Shelby."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Israfil » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Sebastian
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Hmm? Oh right, sorry." Sebastian said as Steven left the scene. He began running several tests on the tape, looking for any hypnotic indicators, such as infrared patterns, or ultra high-pitch frequencies that theoretically induce a person into a trance-like state.

"It's not like the actual life forms are important, right Shelb?" he put on a smile until he knew that the others weren't paying much attention.

"Shelby." his tone went flat, a deadpan serious tone, and he stared into the eyes of the other teen "We haven't talked in a while, but I want to know how you are holding up. This, all of this, has taken a toll on us in one way or another, but you were handed the worse of it."

He regarded him well, drinking in all the information he could off of what was physically presented. The comet stuff was all very important, but Seb empathized with Shelby, he was one of the only people he might consider a friend.

"Are you doing well?"

OOC wrote:Brilliant Deduction (Postcognition, Investigation Check for observing Shelby): 1d20+15=30

Science Check (for cause of hypnosis): 1d20+14=22
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Mark Swanson
HP: 3

Mark found a corner of the Museum with no one in it, and went "ghost" as quietly as he could. Next he turned invisible and began his search...

Investigation Search of the building for anything to stick out at Mark: 1d20+2=8

HP Re-roll: 1d20+2=20

Next PP allocation, I am boosting Investigation.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Sebastian
The video seemed to be normal. The teen was unsure if the little glitches he was catching every now and again could be seen by anybody or just a select few. He noted that most of the normals who came up and watched the video were not affected by it the same way he, Shelby, or the others were. It seemed to be aimed a particular group of people.

Mark:

This place was less like a museum and more like a research center. Sure there were displays and areas that the public could see mockups and displays of the events surrounding the comets. There was also speculative displays that seemed to be centered around the cometeer phenomenon, including the Graveyard Shift, and the kids of Viking Bay. However deeper in the museum were state of the art research facilities complete with a scanning electron microscope and complete medical facilities.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Mark

Mark floated around, inspecting the facilities. He tried to take note of any secruity lock outs, guards, cameras, and other security systems. He also tried to find any people working in the lab, and tried to listen in on their conversation to learn what they were up to...

If able, he will find a security pass and swipe it.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 am

Shelby looked up at Sebastian, and blinked as if he noticing him for the first time. He blinked as is his eyes were dry, and said, "Under the current circumstances, my physical condition is as close to optimum as it has ever been. Emotionally, I am recovering.". Turning back to the screen he added, "This this video however, is fascinating. It seems to be emitting pulses at an odd frequencies that are interacting with a small sample of the population- that particular sample I would wager is the individuals who've experienced radical genetic upgrades from exposure to the comer.". His then-babble was reminiscent of several fictional boy-geniuses from fiction.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Israfil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Sebastian

Sebastian stood up from his position keeping his attention on the teen, but his gaze was not returned.

"Yes, yes, high-frequency electromagnetic radiation originating from the comet and all that. Shebly," Seb snapped his fingers in front of the other's face. "tests are running now, don't look at the screen or you may change its quantum state."

"But seriously, you're being altruistic, and that's not right on my part. To my knowledge I haven't done anything to help you out, I've been selfish. So, after all of this is over, is there anything I can do?"
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Steven Mason

"Hello my good man."

Steven said to the man in the lab coat in a rather formal manner before relaxing and offering him a smile to accompany the greeting. Then he raised his right hand and pointed his thumb over his shoulder, in the general direction of Sebastian and Shelby.

"I was wondering if you could tell me who put that video together. They really cleaned it up. I didn't know you could fix such a messy video so well.."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 am

Mark Swanson

Mark once again found a quiet corner, not watched by security camers or people and returned to normal. Keeping a casual pace he returned to the group, finding Sebastian and Shelby still near the television. Remaining relaxed, Mark approached the two and whispered in a hush voice. Something that shouldn’t be too odd in a museum.

"Guy's... this place is weird. There is a really advance lab down below. It's got everything for medical... engineering... chemical. There is this doc down below, a Haylee (Thank god for name tags), she is working on something called... The Ark, and genebots." He spoke in a single breath, rather excitedly. "Man this sounds like some crazy nano-bot sci-fi story. Oh man, do you think we all have nanites in our blood? Is our powers the result of human engineering? Oh man are they making an Ark to go to another world?" Mark's mind was filled with sci-fi clichés from the dozens of comics, books, movies, and shows he had read or watched.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 pm

The man looked over at Steve and with a British accent said, "Ah yes. The director imported some software from Industrial Light and Magic, and some of their whiz kids. They were able to use their software to clean up video taken, that was evidently originally from a mobile phone."

Shelby turned his head toward Mark and said, "Genebots- if they are designed to rewrite human genetic code- would explain a lot. It would also explain why most of the cometeers are from near ground zero of the event. However, that still would not explain what force it was that shunted the power of what should have been a planet-killer blast into the sky. "
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Mark Swanson

An idea came to Mark. He paused for a moment. He had a bunch of alien theories earlier. Tuff thankfully never laughed at him for it.

"What if... what we saw in the video... the thing with the wings was a prototype... us. Some sort of mutant grown in a lab. Filled to the brim with these... machines. It was sent to stop the planet killer. It stopped it... but it... died doing it... or was hurt. It... exploded? Releasing all of the microscopic machines with in it, and spreading it all over the place... The machines... fought to survive? Some sort of basic intelligence... Maybe a self replication program? Maybe?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Steven Mason

Steven nodded slowly a couple times. The name didn't ring any bells. Sebastian might know it, or could look it up. Using his ignorance to his advantage Steven he went on to throw out a couple more questions with the typical curiosity of a youth visiting a museum.

"Industrial Light and Magic. What's that, a software company? I'm not much of a techie. They did a good job anyway. I saw the original footage when it was on the news."

Causing he glanced around as if looking for something before his attentions settled on the man in the lab coat again.

"Are any of those whiz kids around here? I have a friend who might want to talk to them. He's into that kind of stuff."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Israfil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 am

Sebastian

"It seems as always that we get more questions than answers." Seb said. "It goes without saying that we need to get into that lab if we want more information."

OOC wrote:I'm going to be away for the next several days, so feel free to write me out for a bit.
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Mark Swanson

"So... how do we get you back there? Break in at night? Put on masks and go in charging? Or should ... I don't know... Just walk up and ask?" Mark gave a dry laugh and shrugged. It was easy for him or Jaymie to get in, but how would the others?
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Listening tot he other teens, Shelby stroked the fine stubble that was beginning to appear on his chin and said, "Well, first we probably need to know what the labs' official capacity are. That sounds like a job for the same person who managed to convince a destroyer commander that he was a colonel. After that, we can decide how to approach them. Perhaps we should regroup at our favorite coffee house back home." He looked around the museum and added, "After determining what other information is to be had at our present environs." Was he actually blushing?
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room