Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 pm

The video is much cleaned up- to the point that it seemed like that it might have been recreated from scratch. If someone did, then they recreated the conditions that day at Viking Bay PERFECTLY. As Jaymie watched the video, it seemed to catch her attention. Something seemed to flash behind her eyes and reach deep into her mind. A word came to the forefront of her thoughts: phylogenesis.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Steven Mason
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc: Museum

"Took you long enough to show up."

Steven delivered a playful punch with no real force to Sebastian's shoulder when he came barging into. Oddly enough he didn't seem surprised. The cometeers tended to magnetically pull other cometeers to each other. Especially this group. There had to be something to that, but Steven would save that discussion for another time. Instead he explains ... for the third or fourth time ... what he'd experience. Then gave Sebastian a supportive smile.

"... you're the brainic. Do your one man Think Tank thing."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby CelticREI » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Jaymie
Condition: aloof
HP: 1

"Phylogenesis..." Jaymie absently-mindedly said before Seb pulled her away from the screen.
She blinked a few times then walked back to hold onto Marks arm "Whoa, like, hypnotic suggestion video is hypnotic..." she looked to Seb "Do you know what phylogenesis means?" she asked, turning to everyone else as well, leaving the question open to all. "Cause I don't..."
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Mark Swanson
HP: 3

I apologize in advance it Mark's beliefs offend anyone

Mark gave Seb the stink eye for grabbing Jaymie, not realizing Seb had actually helped save her from it. When she asked, Mark casually answered, "The sequence of events involved in the evolutionary development of a species or taxonomic group of organisms." He knew much about evolution. His mother was a devout Christian, who went church every Sunday. Mark however was a man grounded in science and fact, he hated church since he was six years old. Even at such a tender young age, he couldn't understand how people put so much faith in something with out any facts.

As a result he liked to read scientific theories about the creation of the universe that could make more logical sense. His particular favourite theory was the "recycling universe" theory, where the universe would eventually get so big it would collapse upon itself, then it would get so small, so dense, it would create a new big bang and start all over in a never ending cycle.

"Basically it's like tracing how a species developed from one thing, to another. The most classic example is ape to man."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Israfil » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Sebastian
Condition: Normal

Instinctively Seb rolled with Steven's playful jab, turning his shoulder so that the other's fist barely glanced his body; he didn't really like anyone touching him. He certainly didn't like the look he received from Mark, but the boy wasn't wrong with the word's definition, so that was something.

Mark wrote:"The most classic example is ape to man."

"Or more recently, humans into us." Seb addressed the group "And someone knows how and why."
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arkrite » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Bobby

Bobby watches, from a distance, as Sebastian joins the rest of the Viking Bay crew, "Oh, good grief."

He looks over at Alanis, shaking his head in disbelief, "Did everybody from Viking Bay come here today? I'm half waiting for Mrs. Darque to walk in, and for everybody yells happy birthday or something."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Steven Mason

Steven didn't pay any mind to Sebastian 'I don't like to be touched' reaction. People were way too sensitive about that lately. Instead he gave Jaymie a weird look when she suddenly asked about something she didn't know the definition of. After Mark explained, and Sebastian confirmed what the word meant he raised an eyebrow.

"Why were you asking about poly-whats-it?"

Still, it seemed like a distraction. There was a hypnotic video in the middle of a highly populated area and no one seemed concerned about that. After giving Jaymie a chance to explain herself he looked to Sebastian expectantly. He'd stormed in as if he were going to solver a problem and ... quickly lost momentum.

"Sebastian, don't let Mark show you up. Stop standing around looking smart and do something smart. Pull out a pocket crime lab. Investigate. Heck, see if you can do some techno mojo with the video if you want... something. Because if I start mucking around there is going to be a big mess."

At the word 'big' Steven spread his hands wide to help with the exaggeration. As if to make due on his warning .... or was it a threat ... Steven looked over to one of the museum employees.

"I wonder if I can find out who worked on that video ...."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby CelticREI » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Jaymie
Condition: Clingy

"Phylogenesis." Jaymie repeated. "It just popped into my head as I was watching the video. Maybe it is part of a hypnotic suggestion and I, being of the more evolved female brain, was able to catch it where you didn't" she put her nose in the air for a moment, in a dignified snobby way, then stuck her tongue out in a very un-lady-like manner and chuckled a bit.

She looked to Mark then to Seb "Kinda freaks me out though..." her grip on Mark's arm tightened a bit.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Alanis leaned into Bobby and asked, "Do you want to leave?" She gave a knowing look over at Shelby. He was after all your ride.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Arkrite » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Bobby

"And ditch Shelby? Nah." Bobby shakes his head, "That'd be a little mean. He doesn't look to comfortable, even with Sebastian there."

"Besides, I'm just saying. Weird."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Putting her arm through Bobby's, Alanis snuggled into her boyfriend and said, "Glad to hear it. As for being weird. I like weird. It's better than snobby and bitchy." Bobby got the distinct feeling he just passed some kind of test.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Mark Swanson
HP: 3

"So how do we find who made the video? Do we just ask a guide? Or should we ask our benifactor to find out?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Israfil » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Sebastian
Condition: Normal

"Yeah, because I just happen to have a mass spectrometer with me." Sebastian sarcastically remarked. He didn't want to be, or even mean to be, short with the group, after all they all had the same goal, but these type of things were more complicated than people tended to realize.

"I need a sample of the comet and a lab. I want to compare it to a few things."

He was tentative about his needs. He wanted to make sure that whoever left him the flash drive hadn't given him fabricated evidence, and then he wanted to compare it to the powder he collected in the chop shop earlier.

"Can any of you help me with that?"
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arkrite » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 am

Bobby

Bobby tunes out the world and leans in towards Alanis as she snuggles up against him.

Who cared if everybody who's been acting strangely in the last few months just crashed his quasi-date? Who cared if they were having a PDA in the middle of a busy museum? Who cared if tomorrow was going to be cold and miserable?

Not Bobby. He sighed and hoped the moment lasted.

"Well don't let the snobby and bitchy people know, or everybody will want to be weird," He says with a little smile.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Steven Mason

Steven gave a snort in response to the combination of Jaymie's 'higher evolved female brain' and Sebastians snakiness. He seemed more amused than offended by either though. But when Sebastian asked about getting some help for his own research Steven bobbed his head.

"Sure buddy. You help us figure out this ... hypnotic thing ... and I'll siphon off a tiny bit of the comet they have on display here. They have some here, right?"

At that he began looking around at the displays. Comets were ice, they probably melted, so ... maybe anything they had would be kept in storage somewhere. Given that though he pointed up at the ceiling.

"Otherwise I could try to pull down some of the ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. As for a lab ... we could ask Mrs. D. She might know someone who'd let you use one for a little while. Though really, we should try to set one up for you someday."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room