Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 IC

Postby CelticREI » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Jaymie
Condition: Aloof
HP: 1

Jaymie had been a duality for this trip, playful and talkative, yet every once in a while you'd catch just a hint of something, and something serious by the look, on her face... until she noticed she was being looked at and she'd be happy-go-lucky again.
She was about to join in the conversation with Mark and Steven when the lady walked up to them "Nothing more for me, watching my weight." she said, even though the two boys knew she could adjust that much like her height and appearance with but a thought, it was a convenient excuse to let the woman know she didn't have to pay attention to Jaymie anymore.

Once the woman left, Jaymie began "I'm not sure, I've been thinking about it too, but... we have these powers yeah? Is it irresponsible to not use them to help if we can?"

"Oh and side-note if we do a charter: 'Shift' is probably -not- what I'll be going with Mr. Slushy, 'k?"
she said while giving Steven a glare, though it was clear she was in a joking mood.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Israfil » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:03 am

Sebastian
HP: 2
Condition: Working

Sebastian let out an audible sigh, his planning was off. The guys that left were definitely not the last ones, and further more the power was back on which meant that they could start going through the cars again. On top of that, Seb found a drug stash next to a safe-full of cash.

Chopping cars was one thing, and so was stealing money, but drugs were a whole different ballgame. One that he did not want to play.

What were his options? Getting Charming's car back, if it was even here, was out. He could ignore this whole thing and call the police, which frankly was probably the best idea. Or he could risk robbing them of just the cash...

"Nertz."

He stuffed the bundled bills into his backpack and shut the door to the safe. He would call the police later to report a possible drug deal going down at this location, but now he just needed to leave. Back the way he came would be best, so he attempted that first above his other options.
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 am

Jaiyme and crew

The waitress smiled at the young girl and turned to the boys, "Can I get you gentlemen anything else?" (Yeah it was THAT kind of food courts- my goof, but we can go with it.) It was then that they noticed the little button she was wearing: It was a news photo of the action at the courthouse a few weeks ago. Bobby and Steve were dealing with the giant mech and the fire. Under the photo as the word: Sexy?

Bobby

Alanis looked at Shelby's disappearing back and then over to Bobby and asked, "He's having some difficulty adjusting to life at Coach's. I think it's survivor's guilt."

Sebastian

As Sebastian made his way out the window, the place suddenly went dark. There was a strange buzzing all through the garage, and the sounds of a struggle below. There was definitely the sounds of fists on flesh. Something angry buzzed around the hero's head a few times and then flew off. It was blacker than the night around it, and appeared to be about the size of a humming bird.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Arkrite » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 am

Bobby

Bobby nods, "Yeah. Not sure there's much we can do until he's ready to talk about it."
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Israfil » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Sebastian

When the lights went out, Seb became nervous. When the thing flew past his head, he freaked out. Luckily he was able to gain some composure to decide what to do next. His conscious screamed at him to get out while he could, he already finished what he came there to do. But ultimately his flight response was overruled by his curiosity, and what was happening in the garage.

So he drew out his video camera, set it on the night vision mode, and cautiously made his way to see what was going down. He was ever so careful to control his breath and movement as he made his way.

OOC: Any other information regarding the (I'm assuming) fairy? Seb has rapid vision, so that possibly might get him some more detail. If you need a Perception check, here it is:

1d20+8=14
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Mark Swanson
HP: 3

Mark nodded, "Shift is... eh. Though truth be told all the best names are taken. Hell most comic book series even make jokes about that, now days." He sighed, "I see what people mean about wanting to do something with their powers to help the world... but I wonder. If spider-man had sold his web technology, if he had gone into the science field, and used his mind to help solve problems... how much money could he have earned, then donated it to those in need. How much more good could he have done instead of fighting Electro or Sandman every other week."

"If he used his powers to become a professional stuntman in television, or become an action hero who does his own stunts like Jackie Chan, again he could have earned millions, and used the money to help people." Mark frowned and looked to Jaymie then to Steven, "Jaymie can look like anyone she wants, she could be the greatest actress of all time, taking on any roll, never needing make up or special effects.

Steven you could use your powers to be a one man fire fighting team. You could control the water, and steam perfectly to put out fires in half the time. What could I do with my powers beyond going out and stopping a few muggers?

My powers have a lot of versatility... The most obvious being search and rescue, I can go where few others can with ease and with out danger. When I find trapped people I can lead the specialized teams to them with ease. I can already carry small things with me like a cell phone, or a pizza... maybe with training I can make entire people Intangible like me, and completely buy pass the digging to save lives." Mark shrugged.

"Or maybe I could just go with my original plan of be coming a pharmaceutical technician and living a plain boring life with a decent income."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Steven Mason
Cnd: Healthy
Loc: Millenium Mall

He blinked at Jaymie and decided not to argue with her. Still, Shift was a cool name. A lot better than the one that he'd gotten stuck with. Before the waitress arrived Steven had time nudge Mark with his elbow.

"You need to stop belly-aching man. You have too much potential for that. We can change the world. If you want to go the white picket fence route, that's fine. But I bet doing nothing would tear you up inside. I know it would for me."
OOC wrote:Yes, that bit of dialog was edited a few times. Didn't think it'd be a big deal since no one posted after me while I was doing it.

Steven was quick to stop talking about their other lives when the waitress showed up. Even though a couple things had been said that he wanted to respond to, he had the self control to keep from blabbing on. He offered the waitress a polite smile.

"No, I'm good. Thanks."

He paused on noticing the waitresses button and his smile grew. He saw this as an opportunity to feel things out with the public.

"Hey, cool. Nice button. I heard a rumor on the net that Snowhead asked the government for permission to fix the climate and get it back to normal."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Bobby, Jaymie, and Steven

The waitress smiled at Jaymie, and said, "I understand." Then turning to the boys she listened to what they said, and then glanced down at her button and asked, "Are you guys fans too? There's a whole cosplay fan club getting started on Liberty City U. It looks to be soooo much fun. There's even a naked lightning chick costume out there."

Sebastian

No information on the faeries. Without any light, they are virtually invisible- even with the camera's night vision.

However the guy moving downstairs is NOT. He's giving off a definite heat signature as he's kicking the crap out of the guys below. In a scene out of the fifties Superman series, one empties a revolver into him, the flashes from the muzzle accentuating each shot. When the newcomer keeps coming the gunman throws the gun at him. All too quickly, the fight is over.

Bobby
Alanis smiled at Bobby and said, "I know. Sometimes he seems to want to talk, but then he seems to clam up. I think part of it is that he's trying to figure out where he stands in the world. What's happening to him in other areas isn't helping either. This whole cometeer thing is really screwing with his head." She sighed and added, "And I think Bruce managed to get inside his head too."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Mark Swanson

"Why do I get the feeling the only people who cosplay the naked lightning chick is fat, hairy men, who don't know who a deoderant stick is?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Bobby

Bobby's eyes darken and he focuses on the menu, "He got to a lot of us, Alanis."

"Hard to believe I thought I was friends with that... monster."

He sighs, closes the menu and sets it on the table, "How is this cometeer thing bothering him? He didn't...?"

He raises his eyebrows inquisitvly and wiggles his fingers as if to suggest some kind of hocus pocus.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 am

Steven Mason

Steven gave a shake of his head when the waitress asked if they were fans. The guy had a healthy ego, but to say he was a fan of himself was a bit much. besides, if he didn't have super powers, he wouldn't have given a rat's butt about super heroes. Steven didn't even like comic books. He maintained a casual disposition though.

"Nah, not a fan. Cosplay isn't my thing either. But some of the stuff those people can do is neat."

Then when Mark made his comment about fat guys dressing as naked women he gave a playful laugh before teasing his companion.

"Sure, but part of you would still want to check out the 'naked lightning chick' girls on the off chance they aren't. Right?"

As if just remembering the Mark and Jaymie had a thing he gave the blonde a small smile to let her know he wasn't serious.

"That is, if you didn't have a fine woman to keep you on the straight and narrow."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby CelticREI » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:24 am

Jaymie
Condition: Aloof but playful
HP: 1

Steven wrote:"That is, if you didn't have a fine woman to keep you on the straight and narrow."

Jaymie smiled to Steven "Just means I'll have to cosplay for him to show up all those ugly fat men" she winked to Mark in a way he knew there might be some private cosplays in his future...
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Israfil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 am

Sebastian

Seb gulped. This guy was as tough as, well, Tuff. He also knew how to handle himself in a fight, which made a dangerous combination. Still, Seb couldn't go back now. Well, technically he could, but on the off chance this guy caught him with a boatload of cash it wouldn't look good for him.

Descending from the top, he soon found himself on the same level as the powerhouse.

"You know, this kind of raid is usually reserved for the police." he began "Although in that scenario, all of these guys would still be conscious."
Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am

Mark Swanson

Mark had chosen that moment to take a sip from his milk shake when Jaymie had said something quite unexpected. Thankfully this was not a cartoon, and Mark did not spray his drink all over Steven's face. He did however cough as the drink went down the wrong tube. Mark could feel his face grow warm as his cheeks flushed with a light pink hue and his eyes widened. He forced a smile while trying to surpress his desire to continue coughing.

His gaze fell on Jaymie, and all at once his nerves steeled, and his confidence returned, "Jaymie is the one person I need." He stated plainly. "Anyways, whats the plan for this after noon?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Steven Mason

"We could go to a movie. Oh! Or the amusement part. Ride some coasters and stuff. Anything you guys want to do?"

Steven seemed mildly excited by the prospect. But there was something daring in the teen's eyes. What he really wanted to do was look into the meta-human scene. News had a lot of stuff going down in Liberty City. Gangs with powers and the like. But he couldn't very well bring this up with the fan-girl waitress looming nearby.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room