Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 OOC

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:50 am

Each of you please repost your characters here. You have gained 1 power level and 15 power points. You also each now have 3 Hero Points (I don't require that you lose them between adventures)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Cometeers of Viking Bay: Issue 2 OOC

Postby Hound » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:26 am

Character Name: Mark Swanson
Description:
Height: 5'10”
Weight: 165lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black

Complications:

Never give up, never surrender: Mark loved to play strategy games, he is obsessed with any game where strategy is required. Anything from poker, to magic the gathering. The problem is, he hates losing. So much so he is obsessed with learning new strategies for any game he can. Mark's personality is the type where he won't know when to retreat, or stop which could cause problems both for him and those around him.

Straight red blooded male: Mark loves beautiful women, has the ability to be invisible, and intangible. There is a reason the women's locker room is rumored to be haunted.

Asthma: In his human form, Mark suffers from Asthma and requires to carry an inhaler at all times. While in ghost form he does not suffer from his Asthma, however if he returns back to normal while under conditions that would normally trigger asthma, it could cause him to have a severe attack where his concentration is too poor to return to ghost form.

While human, random Fortitude checks determined by the GM. Simple activities might only be DC 5, or 10, extremely physical ones can be 15 or 20.

If ever de-powered during combat, must perform a Fortitude DC15 check every turn before performing an action. Failing causes him to be vulnerable and take a full turn action to use his inhaler. Every Failed check increases the DC by 1.

PL: 9, 135 PP

Abilities: 8 PP

Strength: 0
Stamina: 0
Agility: 0
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 0
Intelligence: 2
Awareness: 2
Presence: 0

Offence:
Initiative: 0
Melee Attack: +0
Range Attack: +9 "Spirit Gun" Ranged Damage (DC 24), +9 Move Object(DC 19)
AOE: "Spirit Shot Gun!" Damage, Cone Area (DC 24)

Defenses: 28
Dodge (AGL): 6
Fortitude (STA): 6
Parry (FGT): 7
Toughness (STA): +0(Human)/+12(Ghost Form)
Will (AWE): 11

Skills: 19 PP (38 Ranks)
Deception (PRE): +6
Insight (AWE): 9+2=11
Perception (AWE): 8+2=10
Persuasion (PRE): +6
Ranged Combat(DEX)[Ghost Power Array]: +9

Advantages: 6 PP
Assessment
Favored Environment[Air]
Move-by Action
Precise Attack[Ranged Concealment, Cover]
Equipment 1: Smart Phone, Video Camera, Multi-tool

Powers: 74 PP "Going Ghost!"
Alternate Form(Ghost) [Transforms as a free action] For a free action, Mark becomes a ghost. His skin and hair becomes white, and his body becomes transparent.
Noticeable Effect: While in Ghost form, absorbs the heat from the room making any room he is in a few degrees cooler. [-1 PP]
Quirk: Can not pass over a line of Salt. [-1 PP]

Ghost Power Array:
    "Spirit Gun" Ranged Damage 9: DC 24, Affects Corporeal 9, Precise, Dynamic Effect (29 PP)
    [Alternate Effect]"Spirit Shot Gun" Damage, Cone Area 9: DC 24, Affects Corporeal 9, Dynamic Effect (2 PP)
    [Alternate Effect]"Spirit Healing" Healing 9: Affects Corporeal 8, Persistent, Resurrection, Stabilize, FLAW: Distracting, Noticeable: Big Bright Green Glow (1 PP)
    [Alternate Effect]"Spirit's Grasp" Move Object 9: Move 12 Tons, Precise, Affects Corporeal 9, Dynamic Effect (2 PP)
    [Alternate Effect]"Spirit Haunting" Concealment 8: All visual, All scent, All hearing, Dynamic Effect (2 PP)
    [Alternate Effect]"Spirit Flight" Flight 14: 32,000mph, 60mpr, Dynamic Effect (2 PP)

Immortal 1: Returns after 2 Weeks (2 PP)
    Immunity 11: Life Support, Aging (11 PP)
    Insubstantial 4: [Incorporeal] Precise, Limited: Can not pass through Cold Iron, Cold Iron hits him as if he were solid. Quirk: Salt Hits him as if he were solid (16 PP)
    Protection 12: +12 Toughness, Limited: Cold Iron ignores toughness, Quirk: Salt Ignores Toughness (5 PP)
    Regeneration 2: Every 5 Rounds (2 PP)
    Senses 2: Dark Vision (2 PP)

History:

Mark's father passed away to cancer when Mark was only 5. The only good thing to come out of the tragedy was the home Mark lived in was completely paid off by the life insurance, allowing Mark's mother to easily support Mark on an office assistance salary. With out a father, Mark became very close with his mother, who was always a little over protective to begin with. However when Mark developed asthma her protective nature kicked into high gear, becoming almost smothering.

Mark has had to work very hard to gain his mothers trust to keep her from embarrassing him. He has done everything in his power to keep her as far away from school and his friends as possible. So far it is working, he's a mildly popular guy, neither a geek nor a joke. He's even been able to keep his asthma a secret, which has not been easy.

Mark pretty much defines his life by being cool, he's constantly watching his back to make sure he doesn't do anything to be perceived as uncool. The problem with the way he lives, is he has no close friends, the friends he does have are superficial, all trying to latch onto his cool. None of them are real friends, and they would all turn on him like piranhas in a heart beat. The problem is this means he has no one to confide in when troubled.

Despite always being surrounded by people, Mark is alone, and isolated.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Here is Steven's updates build. Some notes on tweaks/PP expendatures.

* His "Water Mobility", which was previous Speed limited to swimming, has become "Wave Rider". Something akin to Ice Man's ice slide.

* To counter that lose of underwater speed he gets Enviromental Adaption "Underwater" added to his "Aquatic Adaptation" mulptile power suite.

* He also gets "Move-by Action" to go along with his general improvement in mobility.

* Steven becomes power/damage shifted with his "Water Manipulation" Array.

* He gets even more Dodge/Parry shifted.

* I changed "Favored Enviroment" from Underwater to Surrounded by Water. Subtle differance, but given his elemental nature, it seemed justfiable. A snow field should be just as advantagious as a lake in my mind. Let me know if you have issue with that.

STEVEN MASON

PL: 9 PP: 135

ABILITIES: STR 0 AGL 3 FGT 0 AWE 1 STA 3 DEX 3 INT 1 PRE 2

DEFENSES: Dodge 12 Parry 12 Fort 9 Tough 6 Will 9

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4(+7), Athletics 7(+7), Insight 5(+6), Perception 5(+6), Persuasion 4(+6), Ranged Combat[Water Manipulation Array] 5(+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll 3, Favored Enviroment 1[Surrounded by Water], Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
"Water Manipultion", Create 10 [Flaws: Quick 1 (acts like normal water after Steven leaves the scene) ; Extra: Increased Duration Continuious(+1), Indirect 4, Innate, Subtle 1, Precise] * 36 PP
AP - "Exponge/Dehydrate", Ranged Affliction 10 [1st Dazed, 2nd Stunned, 3rd Incapacitated, Resisted by Fort ; Extras: Cumulative(+1), Increased Range(+1), Indirect 4, Subtle 1, Precise] * 1 PP
AP - "Droplets like Bullets", Ranged Damage 10 [Extras: Increased Range(+1), Multiattack (+1), Indirect 4, Subtle 1, Precise] * 1 PP
AP - "Hydro-Surge", Shapeable Area Damage 9 [Extras: Shapeable Area 2, Indirect 4, Subtle 1, Precise] * 1 PP
AP - "Floods and Tidal Waves"Enviroment 6 [Impede Movement 2 ranks ; Extras: Selective(+1), Precise, Subtle 1], Move Object 10 [Flaws: Limited to Water(-1) ; Extras: Indirect 4, Precise, Subtle 1] * 1 PP
"Aquatic Adaptation", Immunity 3 [Enviromental Cold and Pressure, Drowning], Movement 1 [Enviromental Adaptation "Underwater"] * 5 PP
"Sense Water" Senses 4 [Detect Water(Ranged, Accurate)] * 4 PP
"Wave Rider" Flight 6 [Flaws: Platform(-1), Limited to "60 ft. from a surface or source of water" (-1)] * 3 PP
"Eye Dialation", Senses 1 [Low-Light Vision] * 1 PP

OFFENSE:
Affliction , +8 [DC 20 Fort]
Ranged Damage, +8 [DC 25 Tough]
Shapable Damage, [DC 19 Dodge, DC 24 Tough]

COMPLICATIONS:
"Need ... water", Steven's Water Manipulation array is dependent on the pressence of water, or sufficient moisture in the enviroment. He can control it, not create it. Steven can gather dispursed moisture, he can even take it out of plants and animals, but if there isn't enough in the area he has nothing to work with.

"Damsels in Distress", Steven has a bit of a hero complex. He can't resist trying to help someone in trouble. Even if it is a kitten in a tree.

"Comet Quest", It isn't quite an obsession, but Steven is intent on collecting as many pieces of the comet that he can.

Abilities 26 + Powers 53 + Advantages 6 + Skills 15 + Defenses 35 = 135/135

BACKGROUND:
Steven's father is a historian and his mother is a professional landscaper. They moved to Viking Bay shortly after Steven was born. From an early age he was an active child. Sometimes it was even hard to keep him at school, as during recess he would wonder off on impromptu field trips of his own. Adventures, he called them. Steven liked to explore, and a lot of his childhood was spent running around Viking Bay doing just that, and sometimes he managed to persuade a few people to join in on his adventures.

School itself wasn't all that interesting to Steven. Except English, where in reading books he could learn about new places and creative ideas; and gym, where he could be active a mobile. Steven is largely an unmotivated underachiever when it comes to the classroom. While he's a personable guy, repeatedly has neglected a social life too. Parties and chasing girls weren't nearly as exciting as sailing, hiking through previously unexplored nooks of the surrounding landscape, or concocting his own adventures. Steven has also taken a curiosity to the local rune stones, and he's usually on the look out for something, anything, linked to them. Certain that there is more to uncover about them.

When the comet came Steven was surfing. Out in the water, away from any reasonable shelter he sat and watched it's approach. Yes, he was freaked out. The impact would be worse than a nuclear missile. But he was also in awe. When he didn't die Steven immediately began a search for pieces of the shattered comet. Weird things started happening during his quest for pieces of the comet ... wet, and weird things. He still doesn't understand what is going on, but he knows what he can do.
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Bobby

My name is Barret Otis Barker but all my friends call me Bobby. Or Bob. Most people think it’s just a run on the last name, like I’m the old host of the Price is Right, but a few people catch on to why people really call me that.

What can I say about me?

I don’t know, I’m not all that interesting. My mom and dad are still married, and relatively normal in a way that means I’ll never be able to introduce them to a girlfriend until after she’s too invested to dump my ass because they’re weird.

If you ever had parents you know what I’m talking about.

My Mom’s a secretary for lawyers office and my Dad runs an outdoor sporting equipment store.

I also got an older brother but he left the scene awhile ago. Had a bit of a falling out with my Dad over how his life was going to be run. Left at the age of sixteen to do… well, I don’t know, honestly, he hasn’t really called back to let us know what he’s up to now.

We get a Christmas card every once in awhile.

And me? Well, if it wasn’t for my brother I’d be the big disappointment. Thanks bro!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a good student, or at least I was. Or, well, at least I wasn’t a terrible student. I tried to do my homework.

Really!

It just never really seemed to matter. I got decent marks, but when in the hell is knowing who created paved roads, or who created the cotton gin (which isn’t even alcohol!) going to be important? Why in the hell am I learning all this different math when I might never use any of it? Why do I care about photosynthesis?

Why am I spending what people call the best years of my life locked away in a dark dank school instead of… having fun?

But I’m the good son, so I tried anyways. I tried to get the good marks, I tried to get involved in the school like my parents wanted, I tried and you know what? It really didn’t make me any friends.

Only thing I’ve ever been good at is acting. Problem is I’m not great, I mean, I’m better than anybody in school but I’m not Oscar material. And I’m not pretty either, but I’m not ugly or unique ether.

No way I’m going to make it as an actor if I’m not great, or drop dead sexy, or different enough to stand out. Hell, Steve Buscemi can make it big because he’s unique, even if he is kind of scary. Me? I’m average.

I can’t even figure out what I’m going to do for the future. My parents have always been pushing me towards being a dentist but I don’t have the marks and I don’t even want to be one.

But I tried.

And school? Well, I’ve got friends. A few of them. But I might as well be a loner. I don’t do sports, I’m not handsome enough to be popular with the girls, I’m not in one of the cliques, and I do well enough in classes to annoy the people who aren’t. Oh, and I’m a ‘drama geek’.

Might as well past a big sign on my ass saying “kick me and don’t date me!”

Who wants to date the loner? I don’t know. Law of averages says somebody out there thinks I’m hot but who? And irony, I’m too terrified of being rejected to really try. Yeah, figure that out, giant crowds of people I have no problems with, but one girl and I get stage fright.

Un-bloody-believable.

But the thing is I’ve been trying, and trying, and trying and then… then the world’s going to end.
And I’m like “Is this really how my life is going to end?”

I’m a nobody, a nothing, and I’ve done nothing with my life but go to school!

I was mad, I was scared, and I sure as heck wasn’t going to bunker down with the people who pushed me into this… so I was out there when it happened.

Doing what? Trying to make something of myself before my life ended.

Didn’t work out the way I’d hoped.

I mean, yay, I’m not dead but… I kind of thought something would change. Maybe things would be different now but here I am. My life is still the same, I’m still the loner, and none of the girls will even look at me.

But I’m different.

Something’s… wrong with me. Except it isn’t wrong. I mean, it’s wrong, stuff goes through me, but… it’s kind of cool in a “when I can stop hyperventilating” way. Think of what I could do with that.

A part of me wants to go pick a fight with the captain of the football team, humiliate him in front of his cheerleader girlfriend.

Part of me wants to try robbing a bank, why in the world should I be working when I can do this?

Another part of me? It’s terrified that the government will try to lock me up, kill me or worse if they find out.

What am I going to do?

I don’t know.

I need time to try to figure this out, I need time to think. So I’ll go to the one place that gives me hours of time to think to myself. I’ll go to school and maybe inspiration will strike.

Dust - PL 9

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 1, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Equipment 1, Improved Critical: Sand Blast: Blast 9, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9

Skills
Deception 8 (+10), Expertise: Current Events 1 (+3), Expertise: Pop Culture 2 (+4), Expertise: Theatre 2 (+4), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+6), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 1 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+2)

Powers
Desert Warrior: Morph 1 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form)
Dust to Dust: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Made of Sand
. . Hard to Hit: Enhanced Trait 8 (Traits: Dodge +4 (+6), Parry +4 (+6))
. . Harder to Hurt: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness)
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Safe Fall)
. . You Can't Hurt Sand: Impervious Toughness 10
Sand in the Wind: Teleport 11 (8 miles in a move action, carrying 200 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 2)
. . Dust Devil (Kick Sand in their Eyes): Cloud Area Dazzle 8 (Alternate; Affects Sense: Vision, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cloud Area 2: 30 feet radius sphere)
. . Sand Blast: Blast 9 (Alternate; DC 24, Advantages: Accurate Attack, Improved Critical, Power Attack)
Supernatural Senses: Senses 3 (Detect: Magic 2: ranged, Low-light Vision)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Smartphone)

Offense
Initiative +0
Dust Devil (Kick Sand in their Eyes): Cloud Area Dazzle 8 (DC Fort 18)
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 10)
Sand Blast: Blast 9, +9 (DC 24)
Throw, +9 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6/2, Parry 6/2, Fortitude 6, Toughness 12, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 80 + Advantages 10 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 135

Reputation - Guy who slept with the football star's girlfriend, hangs out with the gay kids, whimp
Reputation - Hero who saved the twins
Prejudice - Doesn't like or trust football jocks, he's had enough bad experiences
Obsession - Bobby feels like he let down Raven, and is trying to use his power to keep other people from being hurt

Secret - Bobby doesn't want anybody to know that he has powers, much less what he's been doing with them
Accident - Bobby's secrets have a way of coming out, regardless of how well he tries to keep them.
Relationship (Family) -Bobby isn't close with his family. They're not adversarial, but they close to being strangers.
Relationship (Alanis) -After their first real encounter Bobby isn't sure what to expect, but he does honestly like her and would do what he can to help
Relationship (Mrs. Darque) -If somebody asked him to call his mom he'd call her first.
Relationship (Shadow, Shelby, Sebastian) -Bobby doesn't have many friends, but most of them have names that start with S and he'd do a lot to keep them safe.

An updated version of him, now at PL 9

The biggest change is the addition of the Desert Warrior morph which will allow him to hid his true identity by changing to look something like this.

Without the weapons, of course.
Last edited by Arkrite on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Here's a primer on the setting as we know it so far and the npcs who inhabit it.
Let me know if I missed anybody, I'll add them to the list.

Viking Bay

Viking Bay is a small coastal town in Massachusetts. It is just far enough from the nearest metropolis, Victory City to not be a bedroom community, but close enough for it to be somewhat convenient. Several rune stones have been found in the general area of the coastline hence the name Viking Bay. It has a population of just under 3,000 and has weathered the ups and downs of various economic disasters with a typical New England unfazability. The primary industry is fishing, and lobster trapping, since the old textile plant closed forty years ago. Tourists love the town because of its New England charm.

There is one high school- the Viking Bay, Vikings (what else?) one middle school (VBMS Eagles) and two elementary schools (Central and Coastal). There is a single one screen movie theater in the town that usually gets second or third round movies, so most people travel to nearby Newcastle. There is a coffee shop/music store/venue where the “in-crowd” kids and the goths like to hang out called the Hammer. It's a place for alternative music, overpriced coffee, tea, and sweets can be acquired. It's run by a middle aged woman named Rihanna Darque, a woman with a definite New Age bent to her lifestyle. There are two catholic churches, and two protestant churches (One Baptist (damaged by the meteor strike) the other Episcopalian) in the town.
Locations of Note
The Hammer - Coffee shop and hang out for students, run by Rihanna Darque. Chosen hangout for in crowd and for goths.
Victory City - Closest major city to Viking Bay
Liberty City - Another major city
New Castle - A nearby town, larger than Viking Bay with more amenities.
Bale's Point - in Viking Bay (Secret: possibly the last place on earth Raven was suspected to be. Also the location a couple of kids got caught in an intimate moment by a photographer)
The Lion and The Unicorn - Gaming/comic shop in Liberty City

Important Dates:
1/01/12 - When the world should have ended. Strange object flew from earth into the meteor destroying it saving the world.

People of Note in Viking Bay
Please note: Anything with in the secret brackets is not common knowledge. Unless you were there your character shouldn't know it.

Rihanna Darque - Owner of the Hammer coffee shop, mother to Raven Darque. Has hinted at having extensive contacts in powerful places. (Secret: May know magic)
Raven Darque - Son of Rihanna Darque. Openly gay with boyfriend Bruce, Bobby's best friend. Drama student. Missing since the "end of the world. Dead body washed up in the bay recently. Cause of death appears to have been stabbing. (Secret: Has reached out to people from beyond the grave?)
Mr. Flag - Daytime manager of The Hammer now that Rihanna is "busy"
Shadow - Cute goth girl, Raven's cousin, Waitress at The Hammer.
The Lightning Lady - Went around naked blowing up vehicles one night (Secret: Was the History Teacher at the local highschool. Seems to hate things that are bad for nature, specifically cars thus far)
Doctor North - Local doctor
Judge Bean - Local judge
Doctor McFadden - Shelby's Doctor
Janet Downs - Real Estate Agent

Chief Gillicutty - Not entirely sure, but he's a chief of something.
Deputy Frye - Local deputy

Mrs. Nenton - Governess for Victoria. Appears to be armed with a pistol, may not be all she appears.

High School Staff
Ms. Moore - Assistant Principle at the High School. Late fifties, prudish prim and proper clothing.
Principal Andrews - Principle (surprise!) of the high school
Coach Stephenson - Phys Ed teacher, imposing figure and football coach. Not necessarily in that order. Edward's father.
Rhonda - Office worker at high school (somewhat chatty)
Mrs. Bayes - School Councillor, believes Sebastian cheated on his exam
Mr. O'Brien - the high school English teacher
Mrs. Kermit - Teaches Calculis (Probably has heard all the frog jokes in the world)

High School Students
Alanis - Cheerleader. Rumoured she had sex with somebody who wasn't her boyfriend during the imending doom of the comet. Broken up with boyfriend, Scott, after rumours started flying.
Penny - Head Cheerleader, Evan's sister. One of the most attractive/popular girls in school. Schemeing, high and mighty so-and-so.
Evan - High School student, currently not in school (Secret: supposedly had pictures of some classmates having sex at bale's point)
Shelby Lane - Social outcast, high school student, "That Strange guy". His entire family was wiped out during the elementary school shooting. (Secret: Body was covered in welts, possibly beaten). Adopted by Coach Stephenson. Rumours are he might actually be the Coach's illigitimate son.
Jeremy - Former student, expelled, current status unknown. Was beaten up by "the entire football team" before getting expelled. Was believed to be spreading rumours about Edward and the football team being gay. (Secret: Edward may have had something to do with his expulsion)
Bruce - Raven's boyfriend. Drama student. Missing for the last few months. (Secret: Killed Raven. Kidnapped some twins for an unknown purpose. Seems to have mind controling powers. Has hinted at being the mastermind behind the Elementary School shooting)

Elementary School Staff
Mrs. Carter - Teacher at the elementary school. Mid-twenties and attractive.

Elementary School Students
Rogers - Swat team member who entered the Elementary School during the shooting incident (Secret: Saw some super powered people during the event)
Adrian and Frank MacKenzie - Sebastian's little brothers. Twins. Special needs students.
Dorothy "Dottie" Annabel McCoy - Tuff's little sister, elementary student. Mouthy, but cute, and not above weedling for what she wants.
Carolina Lane - Shelby's little sister. Died during the elementary shootout. *Deceased*

New Castle
Charming -a pretty African American teenage girl who showed an interest in Sebastian.

Military
Captain Gallagher - Navy, in charge of handling the Viking Bay submarine incident
Colonel Dave Plissken - Mysterious army officer for the DIA who gave Captain Gallagher information on the Viking Bay submarine incident (Secret: Was actually Bobby masking his voice and using information given to him by Sebastian)
Lieutenant commander Huster - Coastguard, worked with Steve during the submarine incident
Donald Rumsfeld - former Secretary of Defense, Huster's uncle

Rogue's Gallery
Bruce- Formerly friends with Bobby and Raven. Killed Raven, instigated an armed attack on an elementary school, kidnapped children (suspected human sacrifice), currently missing for months without sign.
Mech- First appeared in New Castle after attacking the Federal Building and demanding a confrontation with "Dust" and his thieving friends. Was quickly disabled by an unknown man, aided by a man known only as Snowhead
Dust- Dresses like a greaser rendition of the Fonz, talks with a heavy jersey accent, and appears to have superpowers which involve being immune to bullets fired from high power rifles. Apparent leader of a game of similarly dressed greasers
Graveyard Shift - Dust's gang of greasers.
Joey (deceased) - Member of Graveyard Shift. Unfortunate enough to be behind Dust when Mech shot him with the high powered rifle.
Megalodon - It's a Giant shark. Attacked a submarine, ran for it's life after an underwater encounter with subaquatic people, a russian sub, and Steve Mason. Not known to public.
Captain Nikita Gasparov(?) - a career military commander first commissioned after the fall of the Soviet Union. He's politically linked to Putin and believed to be sympathizer for the hard line communists. Captain of a Akula 1 Class submarine K-157; name is Vepr. It's a hunter killer sub designed to kill American subs, not launch missiles. It carries a crack Special Forces team. (Current status as ally/villain unknown placed here for time being)

Issue 1 IC
Issue 1 OOC
Last edited by Arkrite on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:28 am, edited 5 times in total.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks Arkrite. This is very helpful! Give yourself and extra HP. (Trust me, you'll need it. *grin*)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Lidia Swanson
Height: 5'7”
Weight: 115lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde.

Job
Assistant in a Law firm.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby CelticREI » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Jaymie - PL 9

Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Trip, Weapon Bind

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+10), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+8), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Arcane Lore 1 (+3), Expertise: Cooking 4 (+6), Expertise: Current Events 2 (+4), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+4)

Powers
Attractive Curves: Enhanced Presence 3 (+3 PRE, Advantages: Attractive)
. . Chameleon: Enhanced Trait 7 (Alternate; Traits: Stealth +10 (+12), Advantages: Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery: Stealth)
. . Scary Features: Enhanced Trait 7 (Alternate; Traits: Intimidation +10 (+12), Advantages: Daze (Intimidation), Skill Mastery: Intimidation)

Scary Claws: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 22; Penetrating 5)

Shifting Brain Patterns: Immunity 5 (Mind Reading)

Skin Change: Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group; Precise, Reaction: reaction; Quirk: Reaction Skin Change limited to small changes)
Voice Lessons: Feature 1 (Notes: Able to mimic many noises, accents and speech patterns.)
Give an Inch, Take a Mile: Feature 1 (Notes: Able to increase or decrease her height from 4'0" to 6'5")

Tough Skin: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness)

Equipment
Camera, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Jeep, Video Camera

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
Scary Claws: Strength-based Damage 5, +11 (DC 22)
Throw, +1 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 17)

Complications
Are you copying me?: Jaymie has a subconscious habit of shifting her appearance and voice when around others, be it shifting her weight and bust size when around models to picking up an accent or even a tan shade, she does it without even knowing it; sometimes to others annoyance.

Mousy: Much like her habit of changing to be like those around herself, Jaymie also shifts her appearance slightly dependent upon her mood; shrinking an inch or two when scared, her teeth shiny when she is all smiles, or her eyes shifting color in subtle ways when she is sad or angry, an observant person could notice there is always small slight things different about her.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 7, Toughness 8/6, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 28 + Powers 49 + Advantages 12 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 135

--------------------
Jeep - PL 9

Strength 4, Defense -2, Toughness 7, Size Large

Powers
Movement: Movement 2 (Sure-footed 2)
Speed: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)

Power Points
Abilities 1 + Powers 9 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 10

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Change Log wrote:-2 Close Combat (Unarmed) skill
+3 Close Attack advantage
+ "Chameleon" AE off the Scary/Attractive array
Changed "Martial Arts, Str-based Damage 4" into "Scary Claws, Str-based Damage 5 (With 5 Penetrating)"
+1 Dodge, +1 Parry
+1 to "Tough Skin, Protection"
+ Precise, Reaction and Quirk to "Skin Change"
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Israfil » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Sebastian McKenzie

Abilities:
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 11 (0), Intelligence 10, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit (Model Student), Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Technology), Speed of Thought, Well-Informed

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+2), Expertise (Science) 4 (+14), Insight 5 (+7), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+5), Technology 5 (+15)

Powers:
Anything you can do...: Variable 3 (15 points, for observed Skills and Advantages), Continuous, Free Action • 30 points

Ingrained Fighting:
Enhanced Fighting 11
Defensive Roll 4 •26 points

Brilliant Deduction: Senses 4 (Postcognition), Investigation Check Requires (DC 17) • 1 point

At a Glance: Senses 1 (Rapid Vision) • 1 point

Offenses:
Initiative +10
Unarmed +11, DC 16

Defenses:
Parry 11, Dodge 9, Toughness 6 (2), Fortitude 5, Will 8

Equipment:
Smart Phone (2ep)
Multitool
Video Camera (2ep)

Van
Size- Large
STR- 5
Speed- 5
Defense- 8
Toughness- 8

Power Points:
Abilities 34 + Advantages 9 + Skills 16 + Powers 58 + Defenses 18= 135pp

Complication:

Responsibility- Sebastian is charged with caring for his autistic siblings whenever his parents are not around.

Alienated- Sebastian feels awkward around his peers, since many do not appreciate the intellectual dimension of school like he does.

Motivation- Get good grades. Get into a good school. Get a good job. Don't end up like parents.

Reputation- Teachers like Seb, while some fellow students despise that about him, feeling like he gets 'special treatment'

Sebastian Mackenzie, or Seb as he often goes by, is often separated from his peers due to his higher end intellect. Not only that, but it disconnects him from his blue collar parents and his two autistic siblings. He buries himself in his schoolwork, fearing that if he slacks off, he might end up in a dead end job like his folks. He's seldom seen at school events not pertaining to intellectual pursuits, not because he doesn't like them, but because he feels out of place there and also has to look over his siblings. Students however might see him as arrogant in that manner, since many do not know about his siblings' condition.

After the rescue of the kidnapped kids and the disappearance of Bruce, Sebastian decided that he needed to do more with his abilities. He needed to push the limits to how much information he could take in. Sleepless night went by watching and learning techniques of various styles of martial arts, Wing Chun, Jiujitsu, Escrima, Jung Fan Gung Fu, the list continued for what seemed like forever. The days off were spent by learning the techniques of observation, remembering who was wearing what down at The Hammer 10 minutes after he left, who had crushes on whom by the way they looked at each other, and judging how many pull ups someone could do before they became fatigued. He wasn't perfect at it, he would be the first to admit, but he was getting better.

This however came with a price. Time. For all the ambition that Sebastian had, the second hand never stopped for him and eventually ended up isolated from his friends but more importantly his family. Whereas once he devoted himself to taking care of Adrian and Frank, slowly and subtly Seb became more selfish with time. Eventually, after he missed his mother's birthday investigating an incident in Victory City, he realized how much his gift had changed him.

Now Sebastian is reining himself back a bit, allowing him to naturally develop instead of forcing it to happen.

What do you, I actually have a picture this time!

With the additional points I oriented him to become more of an investigator, giving him some Perception along with some Talent-based powers. I gave him the Inventor advantage as well, because it would seem a waste not to. He can still easily hit the PL caps with his Reflex Memory though, so that's good. I'll also probably add some sort of Complication like Addiction to Thrills sometime in the near future.

EDIT: Changed DC for Brilliant Deduction to 17. As C-REI pointed out, it makes a lot more sense.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm

I am sorry to inform everyone, that today when I arrived at work, I was handed orders, informing me that I will be deployed from August 17 till Sept 18, I will have limited to no access to internet, so I am hoping Cobalt Blue is okay with running Mark on Auto-Pilot, or simply having him "vanish" until my return.

Heck we could come up with an interesting story about it if you want.

Saddly I will not have much time to do it now, as I have to gather things for my trip and ensure my wife has everything she needs for me departure.
My Characters

Israfil
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Israfil » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Best wishes! We will await your return.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm

That's about a month? A month isn't too long in PbP time. We might even still be on this adventure when you get back.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Be safe. There is always a place reserved for active duty personnel. We sailors have to stick together. *grin* I'll work something out.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Hey all sorry for not being around much RL has been getting to me. Could do with players thoughts on working out a headquarters together as a team.

Character updated

Victoria Windsor 3E - PL 9

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 3, Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Attractive, Benefit, Status: Aristocrat, Benefit, Wealth 2 (indepently wealthy), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative 2, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 3, Ranged Attack 5, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills
Deception 4 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+6)

Powers
Force Field: Force Field 6 (+6 Toughness)

Predictive Defense: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +8 (+8), Parry +8 (+8); Limited: to those with minds to predict actions for)

Psychokinetic Abilities
- Group Flight: Burst Area Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Selective)
AE Telekinesis: Move Object 8 (6 tons)
AE Create Forcefield: Create 5 (Volume: 30 cft., DC 15; Impervious)

Telepathic Abilities
- Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 8 (DC 18; Cumulative)
AE Illusion: Illusion 6 (Affects: Two Sense Types - Visual/Auditory, Area: 60 cft., DC 16; Selective)
AE Mental Blast: Damage 6 (DC 21; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Mind Link: Mental Shapeable Area Communication 3 (Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic; Limited: Team mates)

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Mental Blast: Damage 6, +8 (DC Will 21)
Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 8 (DC Will 18)
Telekinesis: Move Object 8, +8 (DC 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Phobia: Victoria suffers from chronic seasickness and will turn green as soon as she is onboard a vessel
Quirk: Stand-offish – Victoria comes across as a snob due to the private lessons she has received in the past. She is also reluctant to physically touch people as from time to time her mind reading powers will surge and she will learn more than she ever wanted to.

Languages
English, French, German, Latin, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 8/0, Parry 8/0, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8/0, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 59 + Advantages 22 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 135

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm keen on the idea of a solid HQ. We could each donate 1 PP towards a team HQ next time we get some.

Return to “M&M Game Room”