Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: OOC

Postby kenseido » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:25 pm

I hope everyone is fine with me just retconning Sharpshooter out. It's so early in the story and nothing critical had happened prior to her departure.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Waiting for Zen and Penny to respond to Duncan.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 pm

For the record, healing effects do not leave projectiles in the body.

And Pokerface was firing slugs, not buckshot.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Yup, but I am sure that a trained paramedic wouldn't just assume ... hence the medical stuff, and not being a paramedic just made it sound as serious as her wounds seemed to be. /shrug
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Just so you are clear that it wasn't "pellets" and there wasn't actually anything to remove.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:16 pm

You basically have an hour before Mike gets back. Let me know what each of you is doing.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:44 am

Sorry all, have been distracted by Thanksgiving, just getting back to the swing of things now. As discussed, I made some tweaks to Bastion, reducing his Impervious to a more acceptable level, and trying to make him more annoying in combat so people will have a reason to want to take him out.

I went with Interaction skills, using Acrobatic Bluff, Redirect, Set Up, Teamwork and stuff, while keeping the Interpose and Reactive damage. Rather than take a Strike power, I borrowed a page from some Role Call builds, and bought the increased hand to hand damage as additional strength with the limit only for damage effects.

Here's the build for critique ...

Bastion

Power Level: 9; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +4 (18), CON: +9 (28), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +12, Fort: +12, Ref: +9, Will: +6

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Climb 4 (+7), Drive 5 (+9), Knowledge (current events) 4 (+5), Knowledge (life sciences) 6 (+7), Medicine 6 (+9), Notice 4 (+7), Profession (Paramedic) 4 (+7), Sense Motive 4 (+7)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attack Specialization (Unarmed Attack), Challenge - Improved Feint, Diehard, Equipment 1, Interpose, Last Stand, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-Up, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Teamwork 2, Ultimate Effort (Toughness Check), Untapped Potential

Powers:
Enhanced Athleticism (Speed 3) ([0 active, 0/3 PP, 1/r], up to Speed: 50 mph, 440 ft./rnd)
. . Leaping 3 (Alternate; [0 active, 0/3 PP, 1/r], up to Jumping distance: x10)
Impenetrable Skin (Protection 3) (+3 Toughness; Impervious [6 extra ranks], Reflective (Melee) [6 extra ranks])
Invulnerability (Immunity 12) (critical hits, damage type: Falling Damage, environmental conditions (all))
Punishing Blows (Enhanced Strength 8) (+8 STR; Limited (Damage Effect Only))

Equipment: Cell Phone, Commlink, First Aid Kit

Attack Bonus: +7 (Ranged: +7, Melee: +9, Grapple: +12)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +11 (DC 22)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -10

Initiative: +4

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 40 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 43 + Combat 26 + Saves 11 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

The falling damage Immunity was just so Bastion could make Neo-esque landings from sky cycles without sucking up the DC 31 terminal velocity damage!

As per your suggestion, I was able to fit Reflective 9 onto my Impervious defenses, so that's a great way to do it! Anything at or under an effect value of 9 is reflected back at the attacker automatically, that's exactly what I was looking for!
Last edited by Zen_Gypsy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:54 am

Zen_Gypsy wrote:And question, Reaction Damage based on being hit shows a +9, do I have to roll to hit, or is it assumed if you hit me and it qualifies for the reaction it auto hits?

Technically, you need Aura for it to effect anyone who touches you without an attack roll.

Edit: You might be better off with buying Reflective on your Impervious, with a limitation that it only affects Melee attacks. Good luck getting Hero Lab to deal with that.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 am

Does anybody want to roleplay this out some more, or should I just move on to the club?
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 am

Updated my build above with the Reflective 9, as suggested. Also posted IC, and ready to roll :)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:58 pm

kenseido wrote:Does anybody want to roleplay this out some more, or should I just move on to the club?

Sorry, I was waiting to see if any of the others were going to post about what they were doing while Gargoyle was looking into the plates. I'll get something posted.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:54 pm

T-Man's weekend are busy, so we can move to the club scene on Monday. If anyone else wants to roleplay, feel free.
The only thing I need is who is going inside and who is waiting outside.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Orthopedist says I will make a full, but slow recovery. Until such a time I can go online without pain I am going to have to call it for all the games I participate in.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:59 pm

It's a shame to hear that Hero, you take care of yourself, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you rejoin us :)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

T-Man mentioned this in his post Ken ...

Gargoyle wondered if it wouldn't leave the 'back-up' a little short handed to have the majority of the team on the inside. He'd bring that up once they got there however, as Bastion started to fire off questions.

So I got the feeling he was waiting for the scene to be set before he decided who went in and who stayed out. Also, having our back up team look appropriate might not be a bad thing either, less conspicuous than spandex! ;)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room