Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Kenseido's Force Ops: OOC

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 am

No to hit roll, no adjustment feats. You can add Super-strength because it is an object, though it takes a Full Round action to do so.

Other powers are also possible to use against the Snare, depending on the descriptor. Your Unyielding Impact doesn't fit, however.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 am

I understand that, because it would imply me punching a contagious sticky snare which wouldn't end up good for Bastion!
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:19 am

I am not really sure I understand what you are hoping to gain from using the HP for that? I already said you broke free form the ground, the you are still entangled.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 am

A hero point can be used to modify the scene, I figured the additional leverage may be worth a circumstance bonus, plus it gave me height. From your post I assumed that I could move next round, so I used Extra Effort and Surged for a movement action at the end of the full round escape attempt.

If any of the above is incorrect I can edit my post.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 am

Keep the HP (or use it to counter the fatigue from Extra Effort), the rest is fine. The snare has to fail by 10 to be completely free of it.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 am

Alright, applied the Hero Point to negate the Fatigue, and checked the Entangled condition on Bastion.
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am

Wow, does Bastion ever feel useless now.

Not only did I not miss every single attack I made the whole fight, just when I thought his skills would be useful Chi Healing kicks my ass.

Oh well. Will work on tweaking the build to lower my defenses as per Ken's request.
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 am

Yeah, sorry about that. One of them had to escape, so as soon as one went down, the other was going to fiat an escape. As for the first one, that would have ended the fight against Jack too easily and you guys needed to see these guys as nasty killers.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 am

Zen_Gypsy wrote:Wow, does Bastion ever feel useless now.

Not only did I not miss every single attack I made the whole fight, just when I thought his skills would be useful Chi Healing kicks my ass.

Oh well. Will work on tweaking the build to lower my defenses as per Ken's request.

At least you are in one piece. 8)
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 am

Yeah... sorry about that also. Hopefully the extra HP will help the both of you shine a little bit in the next part.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 am

kenseido wrote:Yeah... sorry about that also. Hopefully the extra HP will help the both of you shine a little bit in the next part.

I don't mind. Storytelling wise it opened up thier first appearence with some shock and awe. At least to me.

Now we get to see if anyone can repair PAGAn. :)
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 am

Got it covered.

At least this time...
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 pm

I don't mind either, it highlights some of the direction to go with Bastion. Defensively he's incredibly tough ... and he can take a hit like nobodies business ... but offensively he's a little weak ... I think he is going to spend some XP & Time training with Golden Tiger & Gargoyle.

As well as pick up some Taunt, Set Up & Redirect type skills so he can do stuff in combat that would make people want to take him out. With Interpose he's real good at parking beside a melee type and soaking the occasional hit for them, but our two real melee types have pretty solid defenses anyways, and neither Stunner nor Pagan will want to be in the thick of things with Bastion.

Growing pains.
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kenseido » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 am

Any more roleplaying before I move things back to base?
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 pm

No I'm all good .... just sleepy
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext