Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:46 am

As posted in my other games, my computer finally died. So I will be sourcing a new one that will suit my needs, most likely going with a lap top this time, for convenience. So I will be sourcing it this week and most liely absent from these boards until Friday at best, hopefully Monday at the latest.

As Millennium is on vacation until Monday I hope that my own delay won't slow down the game and that I am back up and running by then. I do apologize for this and eill see you all in game soon!

~ Zen
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby darkslayer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:27 am

Happy Hunting!
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit
User avatar
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Millennium » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 am

Hola folks,

Just back from hols and ready to go. Is there any more conversation to be had in the kitchen or will we move things forward?
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby timothy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:02 am

Can't speak for everyone, but anyone who hasn't chimed in on the coffee talk probably isn't going to at this point.

I'm ready to go to the next scene anytime.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Bluecross » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 am

Ready to go. :D
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 am

ready
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby darkslayer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 am

Next please :D
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit
User avatar
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Millennium » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:52 am

Sweet. I'll try and skip things ahead shortly then :-)
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Millennium » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Small update just to cement Harcourt's position (and add in a couple of things that may have been missed).

Essentially, there's no hand hold to the next scene. I need a plan before we skip on. What I'd suggest, if you're going to do recon, is just to ask me questions OOC and I'll fill in information so that we're not dragging this on describing the recon of the facility. Once you have all the info I think is suitable we can skip into whatever you're going to do.
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Bluecross » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 am

Ok... Helen /Crusher would like to see what images of this place are available. Starting with things like Google Earth and so on. Also looking at city council records, historic places records, that sort of thing. Maybe we can find out when and who built it, perhaps get a set of plans...? Search for info on the organization that runs this place.

Basically doing a journalistic approach to trying to find out the layout. She has Investigate (+8) and Expertise: Journalist (+8).

Also will try and dig into the backgrounds of any people Mr Harcourt can name - what's on public record about them?
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby darkslayer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

Richard will take a more physical approach and with a pair of binoculars to watch from a distance. Looking for how guarded it is, any patterns, who comes and gos, and any other things that pop up. I will check at night and during the day. Richard has a Perception of +10 and Insight +10.
"I throw de cards. De cards go boom! End of bad guy. End of story."- Gambit
User avatar
darkslayer
Henchman
Henchman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Millennium » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 pm

It's relatively easy to get some images of the place from Google (some identical images appear to have been used by Nathanial to ID the location of his body).

Imagine something like this: Image

The layout of the building is on public record, although a recent update to the blueprints has been listed as "unavailable". The plan you get a hold of is around 2 years old (I've had a super busy day and haven't had time to finish putting this together...)

The organisation that runs the place? That's a bit of a nightmare. There's a known board of individuals, but the funds for the hospital are largely provided by a series of Venture Capital groups and other monetary funds. It's almost impossible to find out who actually has the controlling interest in the operation.

As far as individuals, Harcourt can only give you the names of those he knows to have been invited to inspect the place (he can't guarantee that there are others). They are General Ranulph Fairweather (Pentagon Hawk), Richard Moss, Brandon Rochester, Richard Heppelwhite, and Michael Schermer. The Four names on that list are all very wealthy men, known industrialists with huge ties to the arms industry, private security forces and a mass of other business interests. They're all on the list of the richest men in America and all donated to the sitting President's campaign fund. You can't find anything to link them to the hospital. There's very little else on public record that would mark them out any more than you'd expect from four wealthy white men.


Physical recon of the place confirms that it is more heavily guarded than you'd expect a standard hospital to be. The building is in the middle of reasonably large expanse of private land. To drive in you have to go through one security checkpoint (2 men) at an entrance gate, and then drive 400m to get to the hospital itself. The main door has another security checkpoint staffed by 2 guards, and a team of 4 men with dogs do routine sweeps of the building exterior and grounds during the day and night. The grounds are fenced off by a 8' spiked fence and there are regular security cameras. You'd guess, apart from security guards, there are around 20 staff (doctors and nurses) on any one shift.

At 10:30 every night a black van drives onto the grounds and disappears into a doored parking garage. It comes out at 06:30 every morning.
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:45 am

A couple things have me concerned, obviously well set up, walled compound, half a click past the wall to the building itself. I am assuming well kept, trimmed lawn without much in the way of natural cover. Dogs, security teams, and cameras. Tight, scheduled vehicle entry, organized by a security team that is in radio communication with one another, and could easily just contact police if an intrusion was detected.

A medical, and possibly, administrative staff upwards of sixty people, but they will obviously have detailed files, and unless we have a changeling / shapeshifter, getting their passes *still* won't get us in. Publicly what sort of hospital is it? What does General Fairweather's military record look like? Well at least the portions that haven't been redacted. Does the hospital have a board of directors, a governing body, who sits on that board.

At 10:30 every night a black van drives onto the grounds and disappears into a doored parking garage. It comes out at 06:30 every morning.


Also, the above is of *extreme* interest to me, and I'd like to set up a rotating tail on the van, three vehicles, no one vehicle tailing it for longer than two blocks, etc etc, to find out where it is going. No bugs or tracers (even *if* someone had access to those) as I would assume they do a sweep on the van at the point of origin and destination.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am

I'd like to use my connected to call in favors to get any information that may show up in government files since they treat soldiers. Possibly do some meet and greet campaigning to get first hand accounts from those that have been in there. After all any place treating our military is a good target for extra funding and it wouldn't look out of place for a politician to do some investigating.
I have +15 persuasion and skill mastery so assume rolls of 25 for connected and well informed.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: [3e] Batch 9 [OOC]

Postby timothy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Bob is completely out of his depth when it comes to this sort of thing.

He will happily assist wherever he can. Particularly good at putting together summaries of piles of paperwork and data.

Also, happy to fetch snacks & etc from, well, nearly anyplace when you get right down to it...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests