Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:54 am

Bending Equalist wrote:By the way, I'll be posting full blast tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

I take it that you managed to get yourself removed from psychological observation? Or at least that's my understanding of how the Baker Act kept you away...
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 pm

I haven't read Civil War but this does feel a bit Stamford-y. Of course I probably just made the situation a heck of a lot worse but I don't think Warp could see the gun from where he was in the street.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bending Equalist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Plans were wrecked. I thought I would be around today, but I was not.

I really don't want to leave this game, but if my constant absence is troublesome, I would understand of you don't want me around. I don't want to be your load to bear. You can most likely get a more reliable player. I'll leave it up to you guys.
Stuff I've Made - Obligatory Character Thread
Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Bending Equalist wrote:Plans were wrecked. I thought I would be around today, but I was not.

I really don't want to leave this game, but if my constant absence is troublesome, I would understand of you don't want me around. I don't want to be your load to bear. You can most likely get a more reliable player. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Meh, American Patriot is out for days at a time due to his medical appointments. We can deal with occasional absences.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Bending Equalist » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 pm

i just found out about Femme Fatale. Are we just going to exit Woman in Black or is she going to sink into the background?
Stuff I've Made - Obligatory Character Thread
Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:48 pm

Bending Equalist wrote:i just found out about Femme Fatale. Are we just going to exit Woman in Black or is she going to sink into the background?

I haven't seen any further updates and the impression I got from his or her posts is that they were going to they were going to simply leave the boards. Given the explosion, the best route may be to have Woman-in-Black be one of the bodies not retrieved. Scarlet Crow simply never showed and we act like he never existed.

That's what I plan to run with in the next arc anyhow. :)
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

My VA C&P check hasn't arrived yet, so i've not been able to take my laptop to Best Buy to get it fixed... but i've been able to back up all my files (we found them in a temporary area... and so far i'm finding everything I had done).

Also I just want to let everyone know that i'll be making a game post either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I was going to have Woman-in-Black being a little shaken by the bomb blast, so that she'll be on the inactive reserve roster until she gets better. And if her player does loose their fight and goes on to paradise... she'll become one of the first of the marble memorial guardian statue that will be in the meditation garden of the Freedom's Avengers Estate so that she will be remembered and honored fallen bretheren of the team.

I am still wokring on improved maps of the estate, mansion and grounds... not sure how much longer it's gonna take. but i just wanted everyone to know that i'm still working on it. and if there is anything anyone wants me to add... plaese contact me on this thread or via email or PM.

Also, I would like to say that I am sorry about my slience here for the past couple of days, and explain why... it's getting down to the wire for the 2012 election cycle here in the United States, and I've been working with other concerned citizens in the area in making sure that all the arrangements necessary to help anyone and everyone who are regiestered to vote will be able to get to their assigned poling places no matter whom they are voting for.

I've been trying to make sure that there are plenty of people capable of giving someone a chance to get out to vote are able to get in touch with those whom do not have a way to get out and do their solem duty to the Republic. Been trying to get shuttle buses arranged to help the assisted living and convelessant homes in the area to take those whom want to go and vote in person, and helping make sure that they can get their absentee ballots in if they can't go out and vote in person.

I am also on the list to be a volunteer vote watcher to help make sure no one is committing voter fraud during the next election cycle, and I am hoping that I'll be doing it for every election following.

I Love this Republic and want to keep serving it in any way i can. And if being a volunteer making sure that the ballot box is not being screwed with. I will proudly do that.

So if you're registered to vote here in the States, please check out all the issues and vote accordingly to your heart, and support the ideals that our nation was founded upon. If you'r not registered to vote, please take the time to get registered and take the time to research all the candidates during the primaries of all the parties in your area before you vote. That way you can be knowledgeable about them... and be comfortable with them if your candidate doesn't get elected. Because the one who get's elected is still YOUR representative, and no matter if they are or aren't your candidate... hold them all accountable by the same vaules that you hold to be true.

I'm proud to admit that i've only missed getting to vote in one election cycle since turning 18, and that was when i was in the VA Hosptial in 2008 and couldn't get an absentee ballot in time to vote. And trust me... being in the military and making sure your vote is able to get in before the deadline and be counted can be a real pain.

And if they whom are standing on the line to protect you and your freedoms, are willing to do all that to have their voices heard... it's not all that hard for you to get informed on the candidates and their platforms so that you too can go out and vote.

Sorry for the long-winded statement. It's just that this is one of the things i hold to be most dear to my heart. And I really do feel that everyone's voice needs to be heard. So that we all take part in how our country does things. And I really wish that more of my fellow countrymen would take the time to get informed about all the issues and where all the candidates stand on them. To many only pay attention right before an election and allow themselves to be swayed by pretty words or scare tactics.

it really hurts to see one of the most important duties that every citizen should hold dear and take seriously ignored so readily. it's no wonder apathy has become one of the problems in modern day life.

So in summery, I am saying that everyone should take the time to research all the candidates to find which one really deserves your vote. And that you hold all elected officials to the same high standards that you whould hold someone whose ideals are those that are not shared with you. :)

But not matter what, even if you decide not to vote, please still get educated and informed on all the issues... because knowledge is power. And the more knowledge you pocess, the more powerful you become. :)
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 am

I'm having Xerxes proceed on what he knows so far, which is that no one is responding. Possibly, American Patriot and the rest of the crew lost their communications gear in the explosion? :)

As regards voting, I'm all for people getting informed on the issues and voting. I have a bit more of an issue with the campaigns where they just encourage people to go out and vote, sometimes even busing large groups over who otherwise wouldn't have bothered. To me, if people don't care to take the effort to vote, the odds are that they're not informed voters, and therefore they just add noise to the system.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:04 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote: As regards voting, I'm all for people getting informed on the issues and voting. I have a bit more of an issue with the campaigns where they just encourage people to go out and vote, sometimes even busing large groups over who otherwise wouldn't have bothered. To me, if people don't care to take the effort to vote, the odds are that they're not informed voters, and therefore they just add noise to the system.

Exactly my point as well. I take voting extremely seriously. When the Primaries start to come up, i start researching EVERYONE who is running. Especiall those on the opposing side so i can know hom they are going to be putting forward, and give me a feeling that they will either do the job right, or be a real pain in the butt towards thouse who didn't vote for thm... which is wrong in my book. When you win an elected office, you become their voice when you ake your position. it does matter what poltical party they support, all that matters is that YOU ARE there to represent THEM. And sadily there are to many in politics today who does not see it that way.

And that hurts. Big time.
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 am

I don't believe this. :(

Best Buy didn't have my laptop's info in their computers. Which is weird since i bought it from them. They had the computer and monitor my roomates bought before and after I got my current laptop. So i'm having to try and find the proof that i bought this thing from them so they can work on it. Or I take it across the street to the PC Guru. Yeah... i'll more than likey take it to him. and probly get it back faster. i'll just have to pay for the repair work instead of getting the warranty cover it. :(

Oh well.

I will be posting a little later today... :)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes... we're gonna get a little bit of character interaction at the moment until the 'professionals' show up.

The CEMA (Civil Emergency Management Agency) will show up shortly after the police, fire & rescue arrives...
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Still here, just busy and moving slowly. Will try to post more tomorrow.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm

I finally had the time to made the character updates. Please take a look and consider:

viewtopic.php?p=1058178#p1058178
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 am

Walking Dad wrote:I finally had the time to made the character updates. Please take a look and consider:

That can work from my point of view. American Patriot?

As of now, we haven't heard from Bending Equalist or Femme Fatale in some time. If they're still absent when we start the next arc, I'm just going to go ahead and run with the reduced team plus Visitor and handle "tryouts" when we get back. I've got a module which scales nicely, so we should be good.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:16 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Walking Dad wrote:I finally had the time to made the character updates. Please take a look and consider:

That can work from my point of view. American Patriot?

As of now, we haven't heard from Bending Equalist or Femme Fatale in some time. If they're still absent when we start the next arc, I'm just going to go ahead and run with the reduced team plus Visitor and handle "tryouts" when we get back. I've got a module which scales nicely, so we should be good.

Works for me. :) as soon as I get back from the VA tomorrow, i'll be making a big post. sorry for the silence.. the election kind of took alot of out of me. My state all went great, it's just that the national scale that hurt. i can't believe that i personally know the Governor and several of the men and women who got elected to high offices here in NC. it's... wow. I helped them get there. and they actually listened to me and my opinions (one who didn't think he had a hope in heck to get elected acutaly said i should think about gettin ginto poltiics... but who wants to vote for a crippled vet with massive abandonment issues?).
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room