Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

Postby McGuffin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:06 am

I think the only parts different from the standard Freedomverse so far are the timeline shift so usual alien races apply. Doesn't mean you can't add your own if you feel the need, though.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Walking Dad wrote:Does this game use the standard Freedomverse alien races?

The only changes to the Freedom-verse has been to push the timeline up... ie, the end of the Iron Age & start of the Modern Age to 2002 so that the Terminus Invasion is still fresh in everyone's minds. And to make the tenth anniversery to coinside with Lord Omega's attempt to destory the Omni-Verse as seen in Time of Crisis.

:)

I'll be posting tomorrow... i would post today, but it's 0050 and i've been going since 0900 at the homestead with my mom & sister going over all the things we need to get done. Anyone here know any good scrap metal dealers who'd like to haul off a couple tons worth of various types of metals?
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Visitor

PL 10/PP 160

STR 14/34 (+2/+12)*
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 28 (+9)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 10 (+0)

Powers:
Alien Durability: Immunity 12 (Aging, Critical Hits, Life Support), Protection 4 • 16 points
Natural Telepath: Super-Senses 2 (Mental Awareness, Radius) • 2 points
Shapeshifter: Shapeshift 1 (5pp) • 8 points

Enhanced Ruluan Powers: Dynamic Array 18 • 36 points (51 total)
• Density: Enhanced Strength 20, Impervious Toughness 10, Sustained • 1 point
• Ghostform: Insubstantial 4 (Selective, Subtle 1) • 2 points
• Concealment (Visual) 4 • 2 points
• Mobility: Flight 13 • 2 points
• Mind Scan: Super-Senses: Detect (Minds) ranged (2) [Radius (1), Accurate (2), Acute (1), Analytical (1), Extended 4, Rapid 4]) • 2 points
• Force Vision: Perception Force Blast 10 (PF affect insubstantial, Quirk: needs line of effect) • 2 points
• Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 (Subtle 2) • 2 point
• Mental Broadcast: Communication 9 (Mental, Power Feats: selective (invert), Subtle; Extras: Area, Two-Way) • 2 points

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 2, Move-by-Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge (hearing)

Skills: Bluff 6 (+6), Craft: Electronic 2 (+3), Disguise 6 (+6), Drive 1 (+1), Investigate 4 (+5), Language 3 (English, Hindi, Lor), Notice 5 (+8), Pilot 1 (+1), Search 7 (+8), Sense Motive 2 (+5), Stealth 3 (+3)

Combat:
Initiative +8
Attack Bonus: +4
Force Vision -, Perception, Damage 10
Unarmed +8, Close, Damage 2/12
Defense +7, Toughness +13
Fortitude +9, Reflex +7, Will +11

Power Points: Abilities 30 + Powers 75 + Feats 10 + Skills 10 + Combat 22 + Saves 15 = 162

Complications:
Identity: Visitor maintains a human identity as Ajay Sidhu, an Ind-American scientist, and wants to protect both his own secret and the fact that the real Ajay Sidhu perished some time ago.
Motivation—Responsibility: Visitor strongly believes it is his responsibility to user his powers to help others.
Prejudice: Visitor’s alien appearance and origins sometimes provoke mistrust and hostility.
Reputation: Solek Gwon was a rebel on his homeworld, a history that may come back to haunt Visitor. Additionally, Visitor is an alien on Earth, and there may be those looking to capture and exploit him.

Background:
The inhabitants of the planet Rulu IV (ROO-loo) were a peaceful people, just achieving spaceflight and exploring their solar system, when the shifting fronts of the centuries-old conflict between the Lor Republic and the Grue Unity came to their world. A Grue fleet surrounded the planet, and the Ruluan authorities surrendered after the invaders demonstrated their might by vaporizing a population center. So began what the Ruluans called the Occupation, and the formation of the Resistance.

The engineer/scientist Solek Gwon joined the Resistance after Grue troopers killed his sister and his brother, a government minister and collaborator, chose to do nothing. Fighting against the telepathic- and shape-shifting Grue was a daunting task, even for a race like the Ruluans, possessed of considerable strength and energy projection abilities. Solek, along with other rebel scientists, sought ways to neutralize the Grue’s advantages or, at least, even the playing field. An isolation of Grue neoplasm had promising potential. Several rebels, including him, volunteered to test it but, before they learned its effects, the Grue and Ruluan government forces raided their base.

Still weak and having an unstable form, Solek was the only one to survive the assault and all equipment was destroyed. He only remembers fleeing and stumbling into a space craft where he instinctively used his new abilities to hide. The experiment also lowered his intelligence and greatly reduced the possibility for him to ever redo the treatment.

He later emerged from the wrecked ship, not sure what happened to the the Grue crew that had obviously abandoned the ship some time ago. Assuming the identity of a deceased scientist at the ASTRO Labs, he feels the urge to defend the people of his new adopted home from sharing the fate of his world. And perhaps, with time, he will find the allies he needs to bring the fight back home.

---

Notes on appearance: Rulans look basically alike to humans, regardless of gender. His costume (based on the same space suit design Xeno used) is very similar to Xeno's, but uses light blue instead of yellow and the bands are not crossing, but stop, forming a "V" instead of a "X" on his chest.

If you don't want to use Xeno anyway, I would like to keep the picture and just change the name to "Visitor".
Last edited by Walking Dad on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:15 pm

I don't know what's happening to my laptop. almost everythinig i've done on it is... gone. all my writing files are gone. the programs are still there. just not the files i have created. :(
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Man, that's a real pain... and weird. I live in constant fear of my laptop finally dying on me what with the way it keeps shutting down on me due to overheating or something. Three years should not be the extent of a laptop's lifespan. Should backup all my files again soon.

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:44 pm

McGuffin wrote:Man, that's a real pain... and weird. I live in constant fear of my laptop finally dying on me what with the way it keeps shutting down on me due to overheating or something. Three years should not be the extent of a laptop's lifespan. Should backup all my files again soon.

i just got this laptop. that's what's scary. the programs i've installed are stilol there. but i can't find my word files, MP3s, PDFs and the like.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Huh. Like I said, weird.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Some viruses change extensions. Look for some file names.

Also, I use Google drive for my important files. You get 5GB free. Install the app on your PC and it creates a folder that is automatically synchronized to the cloud. Very useful.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Hm, I'll have to look into that.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:05 pm

One other advantage of Google Drive, versions. it remembers the last version, somtimes more.
That means if a virus (or you) alters the files, you can go back to an earlier version through the web interface.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:18 pm

this is werid... even going in and having to show me hidden files, nothing is coming up. and it's really screwy... at least it's still in it's waranty phase i can take it to best buy and see if they can help me recover my files. if not... i've got a lot of work to try and recover. :(

i had all the npcs done and everygthing. i can't believe this happened.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Guys can you check out Walking Dad's build for Visitor?

I'm so flustered i've got a migrane. :(
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:44 pm

It's probably best to leave that until he's had time to properly convert it from 3E to 2E. Right now the sheet's still half-finished.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Okay... quick update about the laptop issues.

I found the files, I am just not sure what's going on with the laptop... and not sure what data has been lost. I will be going tomorrow to Best Buy so i can get the Geek Squad guys to figure out how to get the files put back where they belong so i can start accessing what i've lost. :fingers crossed: it'll just be the stuff I had been working on writing today. because if that was all that was lost, it's not as bad.... the stuff i was writing today was transcribing mostly personal notes about what i need to get done around the apartment and around the homestead. :sighs: if this is all because of some maleware... i will be really ticked off. because i've gotten three different anti-maleware programs already.

Now for my meds to kick-in and make the migrane go away...

God i want to drink a beer...
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm hoping all goes well for you, man. I'll say that Best Buy has never been my tech-place of choice, but then again, I was using them pre-geek-squad days, so maybe they're better?

Anyway, this past weekend was long and stressy- opening night for the show- and now on my 'days off', I have to do a major clean of the apartment (inspection on Wednesday) and set up to start chauffeuring my dad around (his ALS has progressed to the point that he doesn't have the physical strength to turn a steering wheel any longer). So... Fun fun fun. :/
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room