Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 am

I'm guessing that American Patriot is still out for medical reasons. How's everybody else doing?

Given we've lost another two players, I'm guessing we're probably going to have to do some additional recruiting at some point, at least assuming we plan to move forward at this time.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:37 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:I'm guessing that American Patriot is still out for medical reasons. How's everybody else doing?

Given we've lost another two players, I'm guessing we're probably going to have to do some additional recruiting at some point, at least assuming we plan to move forward at this time.

you got it... sory about that. the bad thing about the VA is that while it takes a long time to get in to see the doctors, when they get an opening they call you and expect you to be there when they say show up. Especially with the new regs that the current administration has come up with. if i miss three appointments in a row (or canncel three in a row) i'm out of the system and have to go through the process of getting back n, which consider the new regs could be over a year. :(

the new regs on meds... it's worse than i had originally thought. every other month i'm going in for lab work, and if i miss said lab work... they will stop providing me with my meds. and if someone was to break in and rob my house, and the take my meds (even with police report) they will not refill the prescription... and i will get put on a form of probation of every month getting lab work done. :slams head into wall:

anyway... i'll be posting tonight.

Whom will pick up the baton of GM after the tryouts.... please hold up your hand so we can get a chance to talk about the blending of the next story arch.

And if everyone can, let's start recruiting. the tryouts will be perfect stepping on place for new characters. :)

i'll set up a new thread for recruitment... I really want to get Walking Dad into the game, i really like his Martian Manhunter-styled characters. Anyone know anyone that they'd like to bring in??
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 am

I'd be willing to run the next arc. :)
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:I'd be willing to run the next arc. :)

Kewl beans!

send me a PM so we can exchange IM and Email contact info. and we can start working on it.

i had a good post ready to go... but the damn twitchy interface caused the page to go back... and i lost it all. :shock: So the post will be showing up with a couple hours as i have to rewrite it.

But i can let you in on a little spoiler.... the mob is ripping themselves apart at the very thought that someone would question their loyal to Conqueror work and Legira. I know that wasn't what Red Ranger was after... but it's what he triggered.

But I can also provide another spoiler, Mrs. Cadbury gives some praise to a member of the team. :)
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 pm

American_Patriot wrote:...

i'll set up a new thread for recruitment... I really want to get Walking Dad into the game, i really like his Martian Manhunter-styled characters. Anyone know anyone that they'd like to bring in??

If you want me, you got me.
Still 160 PP / PL 10 / 2e rules?
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Walking Dad wrote:
American_Patriot wrote:...

If you want me, you got me.
Still 160 PP / PL 10 / 2e rules?

Sure would. :)

and yes, characters are built with 2e rules, PL10/160pp.

The scene with the new Conqueror Worm & Legira, and their mind-numbed mob is about to get to be either a severe mess that just might be able to provide the two and their hired guns to escape to give the Raven (both father and daughter) severe trouble, is going to draw to a close and move into the open try-outs the next morning.

After the completion of this arch, Fuzzyboots is taking up the reigns as GM for the next story arch. when we get about half-way through the arch, we should ask who's ready to take up the baton so that they can work together to make the switch over... and if there is any foreshadowing they want to have in this arch to have call backs to.. it can be incorprated into the arch. :)

sorry for the late post... had computer problems that locked up my computer for several hours. i had to turn it off and reboot, so i lost all i had been working on for the post. :(

the post will be up no matter what by morning.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Bending Equalist » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Have I been keelhauled yet?
Stuff I've Made - Obligatory Character Thread
Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Nope... :)

you're about to get into the party. Hex Mistress & Woman-in-Black are hiding in lockers... the mob has passed by them bfore they turned into a pure violent chaotic bloodbath. i'll have the post up soon. :) when i get the scene set, the group will have to decide if they are gonna chase after the albinos twins, and their extremely loyal hired guns... or stop the mob from killing each other.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Bending Equalist » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Just tell me when I can jump in :)
Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Bending Equalist wrote:Just tell me when I can jump in :)

don't worry. :) everyonne will be able to jump in after the post. i'll get on the fifth re-write... this time. i'm gonna be doing the post in word, instead of the posting window here. I really don't want to repeat of what has been happening all day. :/
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Bending Equalist » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Also a frame of reference would be nice. Why did our characters get stuck in lockers? What all did we see? How long ago was this? Where are the other characters?
Bending Equalist
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Bending Equalist wrote:Also a frame of reference would be nice. Why did our characters get stuck in lockers? What all did we see? How long ago was this? Where are the other characters?

AP ordered Able Team (Hex Mistress, Red Reanger, Warp & Woman-in-Black) to take cover once they where close enough to the kids to rescue them after the mob rushes toward where Bravo Team (American Patriot & Thudnerer) is ripping apart and trashing all the traps. the plan was that once the mob moved past.. Able would then rush in and save the kids. Red Ranger blended in with the crowd to get close to the kids while Hex Mistress, Warp & Woman-in-Black took cover inside the school lockers that were big enough for them to hide in... and be completely ignored.

Warp decided to jump the gun and teleported the kids out of there, teleporting them to the HQ Command Centre.

The bad thing though is that the lockers are amplifyin gthe sounds of the crowd. Espceially when they rush past and the cahos that insues when Red makes them think that someone is betraying their dear beloved leaders...

It's a scene of total chaos... :) and the group will have two options, to keep the mob from tearing themselves apart.... or catching the albino twins, who are being protected by what looks like professional mercs. but there is a little something strange about them.

Which reminds me, Red Ranger needs a Notice or Listen Check at DC14 or better. The better the check, i'll be able to tell him what he's noticed.

Fuzzy can post the check here, or via PM. :)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 am

American_Patriot wrote:Which reminds me, Red Ranger needs a Notice or Listen Check at DC14 or better. The better the check, i'll be able to tell him what he's noticed.

Fuzzy can post the check here, or via PM. :)

I'll go ahead and Take 10 with Skill Mastery for a total of 22. :)

*grumble* Which, I suppose, means I should delay posting an action until I'm certain as to what it is I'm seeing. Ah well, we have five other characters who can post, right? :-P
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:52 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:I'll go ahead and Take 10 with Skill Mastery for a total of 22. :)

*grumble* Which, I suppose, means I should delay posting an action until I'm certain as to what it is I'm seeing. Ah well, we have five other characters who can post, right? :-P

LOL.

Yup. :)

what ranger noticed, was this. the merc was muttering in spanish. And his gear was very high quality and he just feels like he was a professional soldier. there is no identifiying items on him. but there is just something screaming that they are former commandos.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Does this game use the standard Freedomverse alien races?
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room