Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

Postby McGuffin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:OOC bit, are all of the players on-board with the current action and know what's going on?
Aye aye!

Stealth (1d20+5=9)

Yeah, no. HP : 3 -> 2 (1d20+5=14), re-roll makes that 24.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Crazyivan777 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:OOC bit, are all of the players on-board with the current action and know what's going on?

Aye! Hank's in Paris, driving up the side of the Eifel Tower, while Xerses chases down the rogue were-raptor that stole Warp's comic book collection!

...Wait, wrong game.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby McGuffin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 am

"That doesn't change the fact that I still want my comics back!" *shakes fist at his archenemy*

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 am

Which leaves only "Best in the World" who last posted saying he was ill on Tuesday and Femme Fatale who hasn't logged in since the 28th. I guess that we're pretty much covered under the active players. :) We've got Red Ranger and Warp taking cover.

American Patriot, are you handling all of Hex-Mistress's actions, or would you prefer that one of us take her on given you may be puppetting at least one other character in addition to your GMing duties? Since she has a tie to Xerxes, I'd be willing to post actions for her.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:Which leaves only "Best in the World" who last posted saying he was ill on Tuesday and Femme Fatale who hasn't logged in since the 28th. I guess that we're pretty much covered under the active players. :) We've got Red Ranger and Warp taking cover.

American Patriot, are you handling all of Hex-Mistress's actions, or would you prefer that one of us take her on given you may be puppetting at least one other character in addition to your GMing duties? Since she has a tie to Xerxes, I'd be willing to post actions for her.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Sorry i've been silent. my two trips to Salsbury left me hurting a lot more than i realized, and i have to make that trip again in the morning. :( they called me up on Wednesday morning and said i had to come in for an appointment at 1100 and then stay there for a second appointment at 1300. Thus i have to be asleep before 2200 tonight, so i can get up at 0530 to catch a ride into Charlotte before 0730 to take one of my roomates to work, while her husband then takes me to the appointment. Then we leave Salsbury, we then rush back to Charlotte to pick her up at 1630. And after we pick her up we then go get shopping done.

:sighs: yeah... it's gonna be a real pain.

Adapt and overcome. there aint nothing i can't do... expect run. and i was always taught to out-gun whatever you cant outrun. So guess what that means now. :D

But have no fear... i will be posting on Saturday when i wake.

Oh... i can't believe that i'm saying this, but i've gotten use to the C-Pap thing pretty well. it's the one that goes on the nose and doesn't make any kind of noise. but the cat doesn't like it, since she can't sleep on my chest anymore thanks to the hose. :)

So I'm getting better sleep now than i was! :D
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 am

Just checking in on the game... did Best in the World ever return to the boards? Femme Fatale? We might have to push on despite them.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:57 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:Just checking in on the game... did Best in the World ever return to the boards? Femme Fatale? We might have to push on despite them.

Not sure... ended up having to spend yesterday in the ER with my roommates. her job paid for everone there to get Flu shots on Friday... and now she's having a really nasty reaction ot it. And i have an appointment on Tuesday with my primary care physician... which thanks to yet more new regs form the current admin, because of the meds that allows me to have what passes as a life... they want me to get several different types of lab work done almost EVERY month now. :(

Sorry for the delay. I'll post tonight or tomorrow morning. Got to get my notes and craft the best post for when the fight gets started...
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry i've been off the boards for the past couple days. Yesterday's doctor's appointment went good... even if you count the fact that the current admin has been screwing around with the way the medical side does their jobs. i'm still upset over the way they've gotten involved in the perscribing of meds (not just pain meds now, but all meds). and that i'm going to have to go in every other month for a pee-test, i asked if it would be possible for me to pick up my pain meds when i do that... but they said they aren't allowed to do it that way.

Not only that... thy've changed the rules that if someone was to rob me, and steal my meds. they will NOT refill them. Even if you have proof (a police report and the police themselves contact them to state that the meds were stolen). this isnt just my pain meds. but ANY of them.

:slams head into wall:

also got updated by several other vets and reps about even more changes to the VA care. and it was even worse news. service connected medical problems that the VA are suppose to cover fully is going to be changed. originally all care and equipment needed to deal with service connected problems were to be without anykind of co-pay. but the administration has changed that... and not only are we going to get charged co-pay, they are jacking up the co-pay we have to pay for non-service connected medical problems... with the goal of forcing us out of the VA system and into something that hasn't even been created yet.

and i found out why i have been getting so much paperwork to fill out... they've added several more layers of burecratic bs. while i am quallified for several programs/grants, the new layers of BS (such as having to make a four hour drive to the rgeional office to get the paperwork to fill out for the grant to make my living area safer for me due to my phyiscal disabilities) are being added to make it hard for anyone to be able to get the help they have earned with their blood, sweat and tears.

sorry for the rant. it's just... i can't find the words to say how messed up this news all has been.

on an up note...

I had created a new word that i shared with one of my friends who works at the VA. I called her "Bouful" (pronoced 'Bow-ful') and when she asked what it was... i told her. It means "Bounty of Beauty without Measure" and is the combination of bounty and beautiful.

So gentlemen... that's a word to use with the women you love. just amke sure you use it as if it was a natural term of indearment that you've been using for centuries... and when they ask what it means, tell them. and they will love you for it.

heck, the women working the reception desk at the VA clinic were so amazed by the word, and said that my wife was a lucky woman to have someone with such a romantic streak. my friend set them straight pretty quickly. to which they looked at me and said, "that <censered word rhymes with witch> didn't know how good she had it."

but they all loved the term, and are going to share it with as many people they can. I even posted it on my face book page. so i wanted to get everyone here to get a jump on it. and say it to the women in their lives. and earn the goodie points that it brings.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby McGuffin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:14 am

Sorry to hear about your troubles AP, hate it when they pile bureaucratic bullcrap like that on top of more of the same. It's sadly more glaring when it's used to tie up stuff like VA.

As for the game it's probably best to move on when we can, leaving the game in a holding-pattern indefinitely while waiting for one or two players often ends hurting the game.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 am

I'm with McGuffin. We're losing ground on this one, particularly painful given what happened to earlier iterations of the team.

Incidentally, I tried the "bou-ful" bit with my wife and got confusion even after I explained things. :) Part of the problem, I suspect, is that pronunciation sounds a little too close to "bowel-full".
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 pm

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45703

Well... that explains why they disappeared at the same time.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Femme Fatale » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll reiterate the same thing I said there here. If any closure is needed for my characters, I'll be more than happy to oblige. Scarlet Crow is easiest to say "nothing was really there", but if you wish to keep him as a NPC, you're more than welcome. Same goes with my name sake. If Femme Fatale works for you as a NPC, go for it, I give my full blessing.
Femme Fatale
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:14 am

Femme... as i posted on your other thread.

I shall keep you in my prayers, as i keep all my friends. Do NOT give up... doctors aren't always right, and saying you have only a short time is just guess work. My grandfather showed me that. He was given 4 weeks to a couple months to live when they realized his prostate cancer had spread. But he lived for five years... because he didn't give up.

And when you do get promoted to live in Paradise, please don't take my spot on the bank of the river of life... but take the spot right next to it so taht we'll get to spend a very long time talking about our loved ones. and who knows. we'll get to game with some of the most famous and creative minds that have already passed on.

Of course, this is an invite for all my friends. when i died, it was one of the most... amazing things to happen. paradise felt like home, i felt loved and i felt safe.

I will be posting this evening... so we can keep the game going. and remember Femme... don't give up. take every second from those that would dinye them from it from you.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:18 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:I'm with McGuffin. We're losing ground on this one, particularly painful given what happened to earlier iterations of the team.

Incidentally, I tried the "bou-ful" bit with my wife and got confusion even after I explained things. :) Part of the problem, I suspect, is that pronunciation sounds a little too close to "bowel-full".

yup. that can be a hard thing... i would have said it as boo-ful. but that might be seen as a slur... and it's not to be anything but a complliment. :) any ideas on how to get the prouning better? i tried for a combination of beautiful and bountiful that would convey how wonderful it is to see someone whom you find their company to be precious.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:59 pm

I nominate Red Ranger for +1 'clever bluff' points. Good tactic there! Let's hope you sow some confusion!
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room