Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Freedom's Avengers: Earth's Unlikeliest Heroes OOC

Postby Best In The World » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Taking the advice of everyone here, i unevened the skills.

dropped acrobatics, computers, disable device, knowledge (streetwise) to +10

dropped Japanese

dropped intimidate completely

bought bluff to +15

bought drive, knowledge (current events) and sleight of hand to +10

dropped acrobatic bluff

changed distract to bluff from intimidate

dropped startle, got taunt

bought skill mastery (acrobatics, bluff, notice, sense motive)

You know, i said "tony stark as batman" earlier, but i'm seeing him more as "gambit as nightwing" vibe now.

As for why he's joined Freedom's Avengers, i figure it will be that he's on the same case as them and follows their lead. We'll say it's a mutually beneficial thing when he sticks around afterwards. I didn't know there was animosity between the teams! That will be interesting though. He's always trying to impress Callie, this is just another thing on the list :P Their relationship is "friendly but could be more". Since they've been friends he's grown feelings for her. Whether or not it's mutual, i don't know if I should answer that. if she does and i get the "my character is so awesome that he's nabbed one of the canon big names" vibes of suedom. As for her support, yeah they have the same haunts so they help each other out, as partners at least when they need it.

Hm, the name he's made for himself. As Ashton Park, it's obvious to see. He's one of those celebrities you always see on entertainment camera. Scarlet Crow's career is fairly new. 6 months to a year by now? He's cleaned up some street violence and organized crime. It's been known early on that Scarlet Crow is Ashton Park. He was unmasked after getting caught by some mob enforcers You know that scene from Kick-Ass where they unmask him in front of a live audience? Think if the unmasking had been successful, but they still got their asses handed to them by, well not Hit Girl, but The Raven. It's an open secret in this setting. Everyone knows but no one goes out of their way to bother him about it (except maybe some unscrupulous criminals)
Best In The World
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Best In The World » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:36 am

Made Scarlet Crow's sheet more up/down instead of left/right, since that seems to be the more popular way to do it around here.

Got rid of the shock rods part of the combat batons because i couldn't make it fit. replaced it with a grapple gun, because what self-respecting crimefighter doesn't have a grapple gun? :P

I think he's ready, but you guys decide my fate :mrgreen: Scarlet Crow
Best In The World
Groupie
Groupie

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:17 am

Just or the record, it's not animosity between the teams...

it's just that the people in charage (Freedom City Police, AEGIS and especially the Mayor's office) keep saying that Freedom's Avengers aren't a real team. AP knows that they're an unknown quanity and excepts that, it tempers him from totally blowing his cool and hurting someone... but it's when they are told that if the Freedom's Avengers find something 'Big' that they have been told to alert the authorities, keep an eye on the scene without being noticed, and then only engage when the Freedom League shows up, and if the League feels they are worthy... work under the league's authority.

The Freedom's Avengers are seen as being nothing more than 'Minor Leaguers' who are trying to pretend to be 'Major Leagues' by the FCPD and Mayor's Office. And their representivies comments during all the all the meetins about the official paperwork that AP has been fighting to get through has been repeatedly making remarks that the Freedom's Avengers only were successsful during the "Time of Crisis" because of dumb luck... and unable to deal withy any real threats.

Here are some examples of the kinds of comments that have been made...
The Woman-in-Black is a crook and in need of being put in jail
Red Ranger is a punk with a bad attitude and strange fetish for the Power Rangers
Warp is just a high school kid who is in over his head trying to be a 'super-hero'
If Thunderer is gonna be a costumed super-hero he needs to ditch the cab driving and do it full time (the crude jokes about cab drivers really pissed him off)
Zap's red skin must make it impossible for her to find clothes to wear (a really vain lawyer form the mayors office said this)
American Patriot is just a pale nock-off of the real Patriot

Now it's been behind the scenes that the Freedom League has been footing the bill on alot of the things that the Freedom's Avengers are getting to establish themselves as a team. And are the ones who are responsible for getting Mrs. Cadbury & Wainwright as the Freedom's Avengers 'handlers'... to get them ready for the big leagues. AP talks with Captain Thunder and Johhny Rocket on a regular basis. and if not for them and Thunderer, AP would have flipped out during the last round of insults and paperwork that got dumped on him several days prior to the start of the current mission.

In fact, it' why Thunderer & AP mentioned that Wainwright needed to restock the beer stores.

most people don't know just how much paperwork there is to do anything that deals with the government, and beleive me, it's not easy. you have to fill out paperwork just to fill out paperwork. yeah. it's that stupid. and AP is trying to get several months worth of paperwork done in a span of a couple weeks. and he's been getting alot of flak form the officials whom are suppose to sign off on it.
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Best In The World » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:59 am

What's the extent of Woman In Black's methods to be labeled a crook? Batman or Punisher? Is everyone else on the up-and-up with this?

Is Power Rangers canon? If so, how much?
Best In The World
Groupie
Groupie

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:35 pm

None of us are aware that Woman in Black is a psychic vampire. We just know that she's psychic. Red Ranger sees her the same as any other vigilante.

As for Power Rangers, it's not something widely believed in outside of where they operated back in Angel Grove. Ranger Corp existed briefly when Xerxes signed on, but was apparently destroyed in a hostile takeover bid, and since then, Xerxes has found no evidence of their existence, leading him to wonder if maybe he imagined the whole thing and got his powers elsewhere. Nowadays, he no longer sports the red bodysuit, although he's kept the mask over his features.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Yup. Woman-in-Black is seen as a vigilante who's methods have been extremely voilent. :)

sorry for being silent this weekend. in the middle of getting ready for a VA appointment on Monday morning. not looking forward to it... but when the doctor's say you have to come in for a special test you've got to go. i just wish they would be having me go to the medical centre closest to me, and i dont have to lave here at 0530 to make a 0900 appointment. on the upside, i get travel pay to cover the expenses. :)

but i swear that i'll post tonight.
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Best In The World » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:04 pm

So, am I in on this or do I have to wait or should I shoo off?
Best In The World
Groupie
Groupie

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Best In The World wrote:So, am I in on this or do I have to wait or should I shoo off?

As far as I am concerned, I beleive that you're in... unless anyone says otherwise. the idea that you're already on the case and showing up at the same time we are ould be great way to bring you i.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 pm

We're about to storm the compound, so-to-speak. Now might be an excellent time for your arrival.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby McGuffin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 am

Welcome aboard Best :)

As for Warp's reaction to the last round of abuse heaped on top of the team? "Hey, I'll have you know I'm in college and..." "I probably shouldn't have said that." But seriously, he'd probably shrug off stuff like that and proceed to dig up a pile of dirt on the person responsible and dump it on them anonymously on the internet.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby American_Patriot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 am

Oh that's gonna be fun when, Warp getting back with the truth. worths every tme. :)

just got back from the VAMC.... they gave me a C-Pap machine thing. i've got two different face masks. one makes me look like darth vader, and the other makes me look like an elphant. and the one that jus fits over the nose is the most comfortable one. so i might end up using it. :(

but i do have some good news. if i loose 30lbs. i won't need the thing. yet another reason to get my weight back under 200lbs. :)

next visit up there is on thursday. and i'm not looking forward to that appointment. because they are going to be doing things with my legs. seeing if they can get my knee to bend without the surgery to remove scar tissue....

so thursday night and most of friday, if i post something crazy and off the wall... it's the drugs.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:44 am

Okay, well, keep us posted. I've done the cpap thing for... A little over a decade now. It takes some getting used to, but trust me, it's a hell of a lot better than apnea.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Crazyivan777 wrote:Okay, well, keep us posted. I've done the cpap thing for... A little over a decade now. It takes some getting used to, but trust me, it's a hell of a lot better than apnea.

My sister stopped by with my 2 yr old neice, waking me form a nap... and Zoe didn't like the thing, it scared her. :(

got to admit that it didnt take too long to get use to the thing once i got it on my nose, and was afraid it would take a while to fall asleep... but i was asleep before i knew it. :)
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Best In The World » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm

I'll be redoing my post since it was totally wrong. Sorry.
Best In The World
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Femme Fatale » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 am

Who's with who now?
Femme Fatale
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room