Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

WD's Taking Back the Streets [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: WD's Taking Back the Streets [OOC]

Postby Omega Girl » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Really, really sorry about the long delay, guys. Next time you don't hear from me for two days, just go ahead and skip my turn and assume Mia's babysitting or something :)

Work gets kind of crazy on unpredictable schedules.
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Alright, everyone, I will update after the weekend. Sounds like the Fixer will miss your next meeting, but there will be still a place for him when herosyndrome returns.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm very sorry, but I should have taken the earlier advice. D-Fens, even the more moderate version, just isn't a good match for this game. I really sincerely hope that you have a wonderful game. I look forward to reading it.

WD- if you want to keep D-Fens in the background, please feel free.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

That is unfortunate. Personally speaking, I think a little in game tension between the characters makes the game more interesting. I think it's boring and unrealistic if a bunch of strangers suddenly meet and are instant friends and colleagues. I wish you would reconsider.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Thank you the kind words.

I suspect that its a bad sign when out of the three remaining other characters, D-Fens is willing to kill two of them without much more of a thought. The jury is out on the third.

He has taken a really strange turn and I suspect that that isn't going to improve without a miracle.

I really, really hope that you guys have a great game.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:00 am

Short update:
Herosyndrome posted in his own game, so it will be likely that the Fixer will return soon.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 am

If I haven't completely burned my bridges, would there be any interest in:

'Retired' Economic Hit Man

Inspirations: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confession ... ic_Hit_Man), Michael Westen from Burn Notice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Westen), Amerika from Rammstein (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrpN8sSgqA) and numerous espionage movies.

Basic background story: You've heard the story a dozen times, young man goes into the intelligence field to serve the American way, God and Coca Cola. Served as an 'economic adviser' to several developing countries, concentrating what little money was available into a few hands, putting everyone else further into debt and making them even more independent upon First World nations, and America in particular. Very good a his job until a classic story of love, betrayal and revenge ending in his 'retirement' from the service. He has recently come back to the US and is applying his skills as a freelancer as well as trying to make the world a better place.

General build: Very skilled at trade craft, some passing knowledge of small arts, and a very good head for social and economic hacking- knowing just the levers to push to get the results that he wants. Might have some psychic/supercharismatic abilities.

He was the 'other' concept that I initially pitched to WD.

And no is an acceptable answer :)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Walking Dad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 am

I actually don't like a supercharismatic psychic "I destroy the system from within" concept for this game...

Sorry :(

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:29 am

No problem- and oooh, I like the new image.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Alright, I will finally admit that I have to pause the game. Much is going on, I have to live with friends until December, because my new apartment will not be ready until then. It is hard to explain, but it is much easier to participate in a game, but I have currently not the energy to GM. Sorry. :(

I hope at least some of you will be still here when I try to resurrect the game in a month. Thanks.

Edit: I officially close this game. Sorry.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room