Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[3e]: The Sentinels [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [3e]: The Sentinels [OOC]

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 pm

The reason I put it in there in the first place, is that if Metal gets separated from his Guitar, he is at least able to hold his own at a PL10 level. When you bring in the Flight and Speed/Quickness arrays, that gives him mobility, and an ability to invent at a very respectable speed.
...also, he's a cyborg. He should be able to hit someone respectably hard.

As for saving 10pp for future use, that's not how Invention works. To invent things, you need to spend time and make skill rolls. You can't spend PP on the fly as a regular thing, unless you want to do something like:

Gadgets (Variable Power 2, Easily Removable) [10pp]
Which would let you spend 10pp on powers and reconfigure.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Millennium » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:00 pm

And the attempted Resurrection begins!

I hope now that all the stress and jumping about that's hit me the past couple of weeks has gone (My car was a total write-off, but it's all dealt with now and I got a cheque from the insurance company. So life goes on).

Can I get a hands up of who's here? It is my intention to get things going again tomorrow night (Tuesday), based on a positive response.
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm willing to be here.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:39 pm

I am the bubblegum, that sticks to your shoe.

I am the principle, you are sent to see.

I am the nails, on the chalk board of justice!

I AM SHADOW WING!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:38 am

Don't ever try to swim against the mighty tide of justice!

I'm still here.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm carrying on with the game as it stands. I'll wait to see if Insaniac, Belial and Mellow are still on board (I should give them a few days to be fair, I'm just back myself...)

Depending on how it goes I don't think I'll be stressing about recruiting anyone else. I'll be happy to keep this game going only with those that are interested, if the players are happy with that.
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Not to confuse realism with cynicism... the date "October 22nd" was announced as the renewal date in advance. If these folks were keen, they'd have checked in by now.

If some magical event takes place to rekindle this game, I'd like that quite a bit. I think the Terror Twins are a neat character(s) to play. But... I don't want to let misplaced loyalty to this game keep me from applying to other options that may become available. I haven't seen anything that I'm sure I'd like to apply to... but I'm thinking about it.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Millennium wrote:...

Depending on how it goes I don't think I'll be stressing about recruiting anyone else. I'll be happy to keep this game going only with those that are interested, if the players are happy with that.

So much on me keeping an eye on this thread... :wink:

I submitted to the original recruitment:
viewtopic.php?p=1025165#p1025165
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Millennium » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Well if the others don't show an interest then I'm happy just to keep going with the current roster if at least the three of you (Fell, Red and Hound) are happy with a small team.

The hint of others waiting in the wing (Walking Dad and others) is nice to hear. If it looks like the space is there then welcome aboard. I'll make that decision in the next week.
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:24 pm

So, first things first... Spam reported.

UHm...

Here's what I see happening. Insaniac and Mr. Mellow haven't chimed in. Belial hasn't been on board for about a month. This game hasn't had any forward progress in over a month. I communicate regularly with Red Bastard, and we're both holding off for about the same reasons: disinterest in wasting effort in a game that's probably going to fold.

Consider what's going to happen next... it's Wednesday. Tomorrow you "go dark" for the weekend, and we still haven't seen anything from half the PCs in this game. Next week will probably be similarly wasted... there will be no word from the aforementioned absentees. Then what? we recruit more people? Wait more? Two more weeks? Three?

I think it's pretty clear that it's time to stick a fork in this game.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 pm

My poor shadow wing...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Or we carry on with the three of you, and new players can come in. I put the new IC post up in the hope that the three players that had expressed interest would come in, helping to get the momentum back with a small group

But I won't force the issue. I understand my regularly missing Friday through Sunday is a frustration, for which I can only apologise, and that the past few weeks have sputtered. If you'd rather devote your energy elsewhere then I'll hold my hands up and let the game die quietly.
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

We shall give it a proper Viking burial, and BURN IT TO THE GROUND!

Thus it can live for ever in Valhalla, where it can kill Frost Giants, and mate with beautiful elf girls.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I guess what I'm really saying is that I no longer have enough enthusiasm for this game to continue.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Millennium, thank you for running this game even though it didn't work out in the end. I look forward to your future games.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room