Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[3e]: The Sentinels [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [3e]: The Sentinels [OOC]

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am

Belial666 wrote:About Storm Queen joining, I'd like to have her in her apartment, having some downtime after some serious supervillain-smacking in Europe a month or so ago. She'd hear of the whole thing either via a personal communicator from the team or from the news or other people discussing it as the winds bring in information to her. After that, she could fly to where the rest of the team is (or plans to be) within a minute or two at most.

Does that sound OK to you guys?

That sounds good to me. As long as the other heroes know her already, we should have no distracting "who the heck is that?" discussions and we can just assume that she was rounded up with everyone else when we started planning our deployment to Australia to deal with the giant Nazi.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 am

With the pacing of this game, I'm not sure if it will matter, but I wanted everyone to be aware that I just switched the city in which I am doing research. My internet connection is currently crappy but hopefully I can get something more reliable as early as tomorrow.

If I've been relatively inactive the last few days, please don't take it as a sign of diminishing interest.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for my non-existence this week. I caught a bug at the weekend and it pretty much floored me for several days. Just catching up with things now. I'm going to put a post up later tonight detailing a bit more about what the Sentinels have access to in the way of HQ and equipment. I still have to go dark this weekend so nothing is going to move until Monday.

I really am sorry for the continued delay!

M
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Millennium » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am

Ok, here's an update on the Sentinels position:

The team has HQ's in each of five nations: The United States (New York), United Kingdom (London), China (Beijing), France (Paris), and Russia (Moscow). The HQs have all following stats in common.

HQ: Large, Toughness 10, Communications, Computer, Defenses, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Living Spaces, Personnel, Power System, Security Systems.

Each HQ also has a Teleport that allows transport between each of the five bases. These teleports have been refused in the embassies of other nations largely because of defense issues. If required the team can get access to rapid transport jets. These jets travel at Mach 3, and can use high altitude travel to reduce their travel time (feasibly getting from Beijing to, say, Melbourne in a couple of hours).

Storm Queen has been a reserve member of the Sentinels for some time. After the chaos of Zurich Beltane stepped down and Queen was called up by a vote of the Security Council.

Is everyone still good to go, or are you all sick of me? :-)
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm good to go...just hope things can progress a bit more smoothly for a while, so the game can find a groove.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Lord Fell wrote:I'm good to go...just hope things can progress a bit more smoothly for a while, so the game can find a groove.

I agree with Lord Fell.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 am

And hello again. To quote Blackadder "The path of my life is strewn with pats from the devil's own Satanic herd".

I was involved in a car collision on Tuesday (in which the guilty party fled the scene!) and I spent most of Tuesday night talking to insurers, and a good chunk of last night talking to the police. I'm unharmed and the damage to the car is (I think) largely superficial.

I feel like I've been making a lot of excuses for the slow game recently and it's annoying me. I'm also aware of a trip I've got coming up. I agree with Red and Fell that I'd like more pace and consistency to the game.

What I'd like to ask of the players, is an ok to put the game on hold until Monday 22nd of October. That way the game won't get any more false starts, I'll have time to get life and work issues out the way, and hopefully we'll finally be able to move apace.

Is that ok? If not please let me know. I won't be angry or upset if you'd rather devote your energies to games that are currently running smoothly!
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 am

At the moment, the only reason I haven't officially dropped out is that it doesn't look like it will even be necessary.

I would like to be excited about this game, and hopeful about a "restart" two weeks hence... but I'm largely indifferent.

We don't know the status of Mr.Mellow/Metal, I don't really know Insaniac so I have know idea whether he's been around or what his posting frequency is. One of the reasons I balked at Belial666 is I don't believe the player is reliable... I'm perhaps missing someone, and that's a problem too.

If you take a rollcall on October 22nd, I'll poke my nose in to see if anyone else shows up.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 am

Millennium wrote:I was involved in a car collision on Tuesday (in which the guilty party fled the scene!) and I spent most of Tuesday night talking to insurers, and a good chunk of last night talking to the police. I'm unharmed and the damage to the car is (I think) largely superficial.

I feel like I've been making a lot of excuses for the slow game recently and it's annoying me. I'm also aware of a trip I've got coming up. I agree with Red and Fell that I'd like more pace and consistency to the game.

What I'd like to ask of the players, is an ok to put the game on hold until Monday 22nd of October. That way the game won't get any more false starts, I'll have time to get life and work issues out the way, and hopefully we'll finally be able to move apace.

Is that ok? If not please let me know. I won't be angry or upset if you'd rather devote your energies to games that are currently running smoothly!

Man, I hope you're alright and that the accident doesn't cost you too much.

I'm understanding of how real life interferes with games, so I'm pretty sympathetic.

I'll keep watching the thread and see how it looks on the 22nd. I'll still be around if we have enough dedicated players to make it work, but I agree with Fell that things haven't been working out in a way that gives me too much optimism. Hopefully we'll still have a strong player base and be able to continue. If not, I'm leaning towards the point of view that we shouldn't do another round of recruitment. Unfortunately, at this point, enthusiasm seems to be dropping and the game likely won't be able to do much beyond limp towards a slow death.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am

I really want to play this game, and am willing to try to revive it on the 22nd.

Good luck Mill.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 am

Millennium wrote:What I'd like to ask of the players, is an ok to put the game on hold until Monday 22nd of October. That way the game won't get any more false starts, I'll have time to get life and work issues out the way, and hopefully we'll finally be able to move apace.

Depending on how things go (and how time zones match up), I may be unavailable on the 22nd and 23rd. I'll be in Darjeeling from October 19th until 23rd. I may have internet access, but I may not. Regardless, I'll be back to my apartment by early evening on the 23rd (early morning on the 23rd for most US time zones; noon on the 23rd for London time) so I'll check in then at the latest. If I'm quiet for a few days, please assume that I'm still interested as long as we have enough fellow players.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MrMellow » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 am

Well, I feel right awful about having messed this game up. So I'd be more than willing to get it back up to speed again. Metal's been re-worked (and you were blessedly helpful here, Lord Fell) and my right arm is functional again. And best of all, I've had a dump of cash into my account and some more time on my hands now, so everything should work out just fine.

Also, what is it with us and cars, Millennium?
Last edited by MrMellow on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
“That all men are equal is a proposition to which, at ordinary times, no sane human being has ever given his assent.”
MrMellow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 am

RedBstrd wrote:Depending on how things go (and how time zones match up), I may be unavailable on the 22nd and 23rd. I'll be in Darjeeling from October 19th until 23rd. I may have internet access, but I may not. Regardless, I'll be back to my apartment by early evening on the 23rd (early morning on the 23rd for most US time zones; noon on the 23rd for London time) so I'll check in then at the latest. If I'm quiet for a few days, please assume that I'm still interested as long as we have enough fellow players.

I just booked a place in Darjeeling and they claim that I'll have internet access from the 19th to the 23rd. Given past experience here, there's a 0% chance that they're telling the truth, but I'll irrationally hope against all past experience that I can indeed log in and keep up to date on the 22nd and 23rd...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Mr. Mellow,
It looks to me like you pretty much cut/pasted what I cribbed together for you, with very minor modifications... You probably still need some touch ups... your modified version is actually 23pp short. Let me take what you've got, and put it together for you one more time...

Metal
Abilities - 38 power points
Str: 3 Sta: 2 Agl: 2 Dex: 0
Fgt: 2 Int: 6/10 Awe: 2 Pre: 2

Defenses - 16 power points
Dodge: +12/2, Parry: +12/2, Toughness: +8, Fortitude: +10, Will: +10

Advantages - 15 power points
Attractive, Accurate Attack, Benefit 3 (Wealth), Benefit (Aural Gift*), Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Expertise: Music), Jack of All Trades, Inventor, Improved Critical 2 (Thundercaster), Improvised Tools, Second Chance (Technology Checks), Skill Mastery (Expertise: Music)

*Use Int modifier rather than Pre for Perform checks with musical instruments; generally gifted with such things as perfect pitch and excellent singing voice, etc.

Skills - 27 power points
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise: Music 10 (+20)
Expertise: Science 6 (+12/16)
Insight 6 (+8)
Perception 8 (+10)
Ranged Combat: Thundercaster 10 (+10)
Technology 10 (+16/20)

Powers - 104 power points
Euterpe Algorithm (Expanded Mind Container, Flaw: Must listen to music at a loud volume) [24]
Enhanced Intelligence 4, Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Dodge 10, Enhanced Feats: Won't Get Fooled Again (Second Chance: Mental Affliction), Speed of Thought

Made With Metal [32]
Mr. Roboto: Protection 6, Immunity 4 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Own Powers/Devices) [10pp]
Power Slave: ("I don't want to die, I'm a God -why can't I live on?" Immortality 2, Flaw: Central Nervous System and "Black Box" must survive, Requires Technology check -by someone else), Feature -can be Repaired when damaged using Technology [2pp]
I am Sound: Feature -Metal can broadcast his personal Sound Track
Better than Blaupunkt: Senses (Accurate, Analytical, Extended Hearing, Counters Visual Concealment (Echolocation), Danger Sense) [5pp]
Ram It Down: Strength Based Damage 7 (Feats: Accurate 4, Improved Critical) [12pp +2AP]
*AP: Flight 6
*AP: Speed 6, Quickness 6

SinisTech Mk. IV Stratophone Thundercaster (Easily Removable Device (-2)) [48pp]
Rock It: Move Object 10 (Extra: Reaction +3, Flaws: Reduced Range -Close, One Direction -Away; Feat: Feature -Awesome Pyro) [31 +1AP] Should send an average sized person who dares lay hands on Metal packing -one mile. No backstage pass? Get the rock out of here!
*AP: Create 10 (Extra: Continuous, Selective, Impervious, Flaw: Reduced Range -Close, Single Shape -Dome -2, Feats: Stationary, Tether) Creates an impervious, toughness 10 field centered around Metal; before anyone can hurt him, they need to break down the field first
Face Melting Solo: Damage 10 (Extra: Ranged, Feat: Homing) {linked} Affliction 10 (Extra: Ranged, Feat: Homing) [42 + 5AP]
*AP: Weaken (Extra: Affects Objects, Ranged, Secondary Effect, Feats: Homing, Incurable)
*AP: Damage 10 (Extra: Cone Area, Selective, Secondary Effect, Feats: Penetrating 1, Incurable)
+3 AP, etc...
Device Feat: Touring Grade Shoulder-Strap: Second Chance vs. Disarm

Ok... but that's not done yet.
Where I've highlighted +3AP... means you can design 3 more alternate powers for your Thundercaster, with 42pp each.... That's a LOT of AP.
Also... that sumbitch only adds up to 200pp. You've got 210 allowed, so you've still got 10pp to play with.

When I did my initial build for you, I cut a lot of skills and several advantages, you could bring some of those points back in. You could also add Regeneration 2 (Feat: Persistent) to "Mr. Roboto" for 3pp. Since Metal is easier to hurt, it's not a bad idea for him to have a Regeneration.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby MrMellow » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:37 pm

You're right in that I'm not quite finished yet, but they did say we have until the 22nd. Also, yes, I was working on those APs that you've added there. Considering the tech involved, I was actually planning on having the "flight mode" be one of those, working as a DAP. And I'll actually see if I can't squeeze together the present powers even more with the aid of separating the Affliction...

The reason I took out Ram It Down is that... well, frankly, Eddie has no real potential outside of tech expertise and ranged attacks, and he isn't supposed to engage in melee combat. What he does is he uses his rock to either drop the hammer from a distance, or he literally blows the bad guys away when they get too close. With the feat bonuses to ranged attacks in melee that one might add, this really makes any melee bashing rather redundant.

Also, forgive me if I seem like more of a jackass than usual, but I actually want to conserve maybe 10pp on the side for the same reason I stated earlier - to have a go-to in case I need him to build more equipment or learn some new skills or techniques overnight with the use of his impressive brains, yada yada.
“That all men are equal is a proposition to which, at ordinary times, no sane human being has ever given his assent.”
MrMellow
Sidekick
Sidekick

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room