Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[3e]: The Sentinels [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [3e]: The Sentinels [OOC]

Postby Millennium » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 am

Ok, the conversation is now drifting into one more about game mechanics and/or gaming philosophies rather than the specific build of the character.

I've had a look at the revised build and I'm happy that Belial has now addressed all of the issues that were raised, so I'd like to draw a line under the matter.

Now that my hand has been slapped (rightly) for being slap-dash in my review of the builds, I'll be paying attention to everyone with an eye on potential abuses of the system during game time. If it occurs, it's something we can all work together to sort out.

So... can we move on?
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

I was going to suggest the same thing. I think the conversation here is already derailing things, so it's time to get back to the real business.

Ok... since the Terror Twins were celebrated Nazi Hunters up until about 2 years ago, odds are they might know something about our current giant-sized nazi. Let me drop some rolls...
(Bicep) Current Events (1d20+5=9) (Torrid) Investigation, History (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=17)

And while I'm rolling dice OOC, does Bicep know anything interesting about the Black Hand? (Bicep) Theology & Mythology (1d20+10=13)

Apparently Invisible Castle hates Bicep... a little lukewarm towards Torrid too, I'd say.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Millennium » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 am

You've got nothing on the nazi giant. The only info either twin has on the Hand are the rumours that Hitler employed their services when investigating the occult matters of the Reich. They don't appear to have had any major influence though (In fact, some suspect their last major act was at the start of WWI...)
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby insaniac99 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 am

Okay, this is my fault for following a different gaming convention without getting clarification first. I figured if I asked the GM for info and he wanted me to roll that he would then ask for it or give me the info outright if he let's me take 10 on it.

Assuming you won't let me take 10 on investigation, for a total of 25, here are my two rolls (because the first is so bad, I'm fine with blowing a HP to get decent results.

Aldwyn will do research into the Black Hand with his contacts in the mystic and supernatural realms

Investigation (1d20+15=18)

Investigation re-Roll (1d20+15=24) That is (Still*) less than 10 on the die, so add 10 for a total of 34.

*SEE?! SEE?! I told you IC hates me!
insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Millennium » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 am

Sorry insaniac, not your fault it's entirely mine. Your request for info got lost in the mix over the past week or so. I'll get some info up later to clarify what Aldwyn has found out!
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby insaniac99 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:24 am

Millennium wrote:Sorry insaniac, not your fault it's entirely mine. Your request for info got lost in the mix over the past week or so. I'll get some info up later to clarify what Aldwyn has found out!

Thanks! I'll post this weekend, I am up too late as is and probably won't be able to post on Friday as I'll be driving back
insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Millennium » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:41 am

Sorry guys, I was hoping to respond to messages and posts before the weekend but time has caught up with me. I'll be back on Monday night!
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am

re: Investigation
For me, it's in their background that The Terror Twins are Nazi Hunters, but I feel that putting something in your background isn't adequate, you need the skills to back it up. I picked out the appropriate skills and made the rolls.

I also think it saves a step in PbP to go ahead and make rolls. "Do I know something about X?" (for whatever value of X you are currently interested) the response might be "Yes, you know Y." More often though, it's going to be "Roll the appropriate skill." If the GM thinks that either given the information or your character's skill sets you'd know something without rolling, then you didn't need to roll -but it's not like Invisible Castle is going to run out of dice.

I'll have to do some digging, I guess in the OOC. I'm not really sure what sort of base we have, or infrastructure -here I mean a team vehicle for example. Should we assume we're flying with Shadow Wing to Australia? I think that would be a good way to get us all in one place, so we can interact as a team again. This would include Storm Queen.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:26 am

Lord Fell wrote:I'm not really sure what sort of base we have, or infrastructure -here I mean a team vehicle for example. Should we assume we're flying with Shadow Wing to Australia? I think that would be a good way to get us all in one place, so we can interact as a team again. This would include Storm Queen.

It doesn't look like I can power stunt us to Australia with a teleport, so we will have to do some sort of flying method.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 am

RedBstrd wrote:
Lord Fell wrote:I'm not really sure what sort of base we have, or infrastructure -here I mean a team vehicle for example. Should we assume we're flying with Shadow Wing to Australia? I think that would be a good way to get us all in one place, so we can interact as a team again. This would include Storm Queen.

It doesn't look like I can power stunt us to Australia with a teleport, so we will have to do some sort of flying method.

Actually, since we have the live television feed, I guess I shouldn't need Accurate to teleport all the way to the scene. Since that was my largest expense, I can construct a group teleport as follows:

Teleport 14 (Extra: Extended, Power Feats: Increased Mass 10; Limited: Extended Only, Tiring) • 24 pp

I would end up with two levels of Fatigue from the stunt (one for stunting and one from Tiring), so I'd buy off one with a Hero Point and then the first round thereafter I could use a Recover maneuver.

The teleport could carry 25 tons with me and get us 16,000 miles in two move actions. Since Melbourne is 10,150 miles from Zurich, we'd have plenty of distance to spare.

The only question is how we'd like to gather up. I can throw up a post involving a "Kashii spends a few minutes on the commlinks coordinating pickups until he has the group gathered in Zurich" sort of intro and then toss us straight into the middle of Melbourne. The big question, though, is how we're going to get Storm Queen joined up with the rest of us. Perhaps Belial666 can write into her next post what Storm Queen was doing when she got assigned to work with the rest of the team and then we can proceed as if we've all been given enough information to coordinate a pickup with her.

Does that plan work?
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Belial666 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am

About Storm Queen joining, I'd like to have her in her apartment, having some downtime after some serious supervillain-smacking in Europe a month or so ago. She'd hear of the whole thing either via a personal communicator from the team or from the news or other people discussing it as the winds bring in information to her. After that, she could fly to where the rest of the team is (or plans to be) within a minute or two at most.

Does that sound OK to you guys?
Belial666
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:00 pm

For me, I kinda need Millennium to set the stage a little. Where are we, and what resources do we have?

How is Storm Queen related to the Sentinels? Is she a long-time member, or someone new?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Belial666 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 pm

I'd like to have her as someone new, given her age, but if it works better for her to have been a member longer I'm game with that too. If you guys have a preference, we can take it into account.
Belial666
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MrMellow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Getting to work on editing Metal's profile. Just thought I'd give a heads-up. Still got my arm all tied up, and I'm now new and rearranged, with even more facial scars! Wohoo!
“That all men are equal is a proposition to which, at ordinary times, no sane human being has ever given his assent.”
MrMellow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 pm

@Mr.Mellow
Looking forward to your final build. I hope I was able to give you a good base to work from.

@Belial666
I think things would be smoother if it were well established that Storm Queen is a member of the Sentinels. Maybe a scenario where she's been accepted to the team, but recently. All of the Sentinels would know (at least) who she is, but we may or may not have met her yet. I'm thinking that this will be her first official mission, but she'll have "been around."

...and Millennium is late back this week. Grrrrr.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room