Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:18 pm

The Mall

Looking down at the phone, the number belongs to Shannon. Muffled noises come through the phone, some voices in the distance... On the other side, hir pocket starts making some very soft odd noises.

Well, maybe, just maybe Jessica isn't a complete harlot. The athletic looking other girl is looking to catch Jessica's attention and is doing a really good job at it, and yet Jessica isn't doing a bad (but halfhearted) job of fending it off. You've heard the result of this kind of scene before, horrible high school betrayal with the excuse of 'But baby, I didn't do anything wrong. It was all her fault." mmmhmmm.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby RdMarquis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:21 am

Julie Watson
Condition: Putting on the charm...
HP: 4

Julie gives the man an encouraging smile when he mentions his wife, placing a hand on Carlos' shoulder. She makes a note to look into the history of the building. "Hmm. I see. And you met her soon after you moved in?"
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 am

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 2 (1)
Condition - curiouser and curiouser

Tommy sighs slightly.

"Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound..."

He walks into the room and stands in the center, looking around curiously.

"Um, hello? Is there anyone here?"

ooc wrote:perception - 1d20 +5=12

gonna luck that one - 1d20 +5=21
Last edited by timothy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Lilith
HP: 1

Lilith did not take kindly to being ignored. Yet burning her alive would probably attract to much attention, and she might prove to still be useful. The demon thus turned her attention from the girl as she spoke on her magic talismen and made way for the Mall. Curious to see the wonders in side, her steps unconciously sped up, moving much faster than a normal person, and weaving between the crowds like an expert reciever dodging the incoming defensive team.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm

The Empty Apartment room

As you step in, there's a peculiar feeling as if you're falling backwards.. and the perspective changes in the room so that you're about the same size as the kitten.

The room is full of golden and rose colored light as you gaze out on a birthday party, the room is packed, at the head of the battered table sits an older middle aged woman, stooped over a cake and blowing it out. Everyone is dressed is vintage clothing but it looks new.. maybe the 60s? Its not a time that you're very familiar with..

You look over at the edge of the doorframe, only a few marks along the edge. You get close enough to see that they're names and ages and dates, marking a few children in height.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Catherine McMars
Hp 0

Catherine spends about an hour picking weeds before getting up and dusting herself off. "How long has it been since anyone did that?" She asks, not angry, just curious. The plants were pretty common but a plant should be cared for like a pet. She turns to Shannon and Julie and says "I think we should head back and get writing, do you know where tommy went?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 1
Condition - watching

Somehow I get the feeling that this is something I'm supposed to see.

Tommy moves carefully to the periphery of the room, looking for a good vantage point as he watches the group of strangers celebrate.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 am

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Multiple realizations

"Oh..." Pat identified the body language going between the two girls. She'd exchanged a few words with them during her sports-management-related activities, but had never paid much attention to their private lives. And that heavy flirting was as private as it got.

"Oh!" She then thought about how, in the short time she had actually spent with Catherine, the redhead had already blubbered and flustered at describing her best friend Jessica. "Best friend", yeah... right.

"OH!" It was probably not her business. Catherine had not come out with the nature of their relationship, but Pat was a meddler, so not a second had passed since answering her phone and handing the umbrella to Lilith that she stepped forward.

"Hey, Jessica! Louise!" She waved and walked to them before they boarded the bus. "What are you two doing in such horrible weather? I'm here showing my mom's friend's daughter around and..."

Where did that girl go?!

"Oh, crap, she's gone, and she took my umbrella..." She said, quickly assembling her parting words. "Anyway! I started working at Remember When, that new store by the old station. Catherine is a regular and she keeps talking about you; maybe you can drop by sometime? I'm sure you'll find something you like; it's so full of stuff! Anyway... again! I have to find that girl! See you!"

And she raced off towards the mall, Lilith's most likely destination. Pat was pretty sure Lilith would keep walking around with the umbrella open, so hopefully she won't be hard to find again, not after just a couple of seconds of inattention.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Lilith
HP: 1

Lilith's pointed ears perked up as she heard the hurried running of someone. She turned to find Pat quickly catching up. "Ah. I see you are done? This store looks interesting." She pointed to a clothing store that seemed geared toward the lolita goth crowd. She turned back to eye a corset and frilled dress on display. "Hue-mons wear the strangest thing. This thing looks as uncomfortable as the Iron Maiden torture... Such off creatures."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

The Mall Parking Lot

Jessica blushes as she waves over to Pat, taking a deliberate step away from Louise, "Hi Pat! Bye Pat!' she rolls her eyes, even as Lousie steps back up to her.

The mall has seen better days. Once home to many of the high end shops, the mall, like many other places in town, is suffering from a lack of well.. money. The big industries are a mark of yesterday, and the money to support the mall went with it. Now, its mostly small businesses rather than big chains, which offers its own charm.. or own tastelessness. The mall does an okay job of hiding the vacancies at least. Maybe Remember When could move in, rent would at least be cheaper.. Maybe something good is playing in the movie theater upstairs?

--------------------

The apartment room

Well, I was a little concerned about keeping Tommy out of the scene for an extended period.. sadly looks like it happened on its own. I'll recap when Timothy returns.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Shannon North
HP 2
Condition: curious

Shannon looked around and realized that Tommy had disappeared. Making sure that nobody had noticed the departure, the blonde slipped off in the direction of the boy wondering where he'd gotten off to.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:22 pm

The Garden

Carlos smiles over towards Julie. He reaches out, laying his arthritic hand upon the young girl's shoulder, "Yeah, not long after coming here. Wasn't given much of a choice, she was the center of life here." He shrugs, letting the hand come out with a slow frown, uncertainty, before his smile returns.

AJ slips in closer to Catherine, getting in the way more than he's helping, "Prolly too long Cat, things went to hell when the old lady died. It was slow, crept up on us, but all the same, we're not in good shape." his jaw sets, "Maybe thats where we should have been all along, without her."

It doesn't take long for Shannon to walk over to the decrepit apartment building, well worn and just... old. Something that passes quickly through the mind is the idea that in the right circumstances, there might be potential for gentrification here, maybe some nice office and lofts. Might make a good business opportunity for Dad?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Shannon North
HP 2
Condition: Curious

The thought of developing this area bounced around in the blonde's head, but Shannon quickly rejected it. It would simply make these people's homes too expensive to remain. Still there was maybe something Dad could do. A tax write off for investing in fixinig it up. Maybe sending some business into the neighborhood. It was something to consider.

Looking around, he still searched for Tommy.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

Catherine McMars
HP 0

Catherine stops working for a second and looks up at him, "Catherine, or Cathy if you must. Only one person besides my parents can call me Cat or Kitty. You are a nice guy, but you aren't her." She resumes working and says "No. This is not how things should have been, just how they are. She was your leader and things fell apart when she died but that does not mean that is how they would have been or how they will stay. This city has been falling for a while, and this is simply another symptom of that. It does not have to stay that way, I believe our generation has the power to change what is happening, the ability to bring our city back to life, make it special again." Catherine looks up at the boy, hopeing her pep talk had broken him out of his funk and, perhaps, gotten her other message across.

Deception=4 Thats not getting me anywhere. I was trying to use deceptions secret message function, but that is a sure fail. Either everyone knows what I was trying to say or noone does, I do not remember which.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

... and so the wise multichromatic story teller, began to realize that it was boring its audience horribly. in hopes of picking things up again, it decided to advance time, not by years or even months, but by a matter of a few short but important hours.

Our young friends Shannon and Edward searched through the house of tattered memories but were unable to find him until too much time passed. They found their friend still in mind, his eyes shining with the sight of yesterday but unseeing the Now. The two boys brought their friend back to their other friends, in hopes that by working together, they could restore what had been, not only within Timothy but also within the land around them.

The young wordsmith, Pat, tried to control the wild actions of the demoness Lilith, and it was indeed a challenge for there was so much to learn and to see. Some of it paled in comparison, but other parts were far more interesting. Especially these Dip-ping dawts. Cold being a novel sensation.

Soon it came time for all the friends (and Lilith) to meet to discuss the coming plans for how to handle the haunted house and their poor weakened friend.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room