Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Lilith
HP: 1


The smell of the bus nearly made Lilith vomit as she entered the public transport. "Ugg, what is that foul odour? Is that... urine? By the Pit, this is disgusting." She complained as she made her way to the back of the bus. The young demon refused to sit, "I have seen torture chambers cleaner than this place." She whispered into Pat's ear. Her whisper was almost a hiss, and her displeasure was written all over her face.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: ^_^;;;

"It's chlorine." Pat sighed. The bus was not squeeky-clean and pristine, but it was still far from being a dump. "And I've seen worse."

They found a corner near the back. Pat checked the route and where they'd have to stop. Their stop was practically in front of the mall.

"And I won't use... magic." She said, still unconvinced that it was magic what she could do. "For ethical reasons. How to explain it...? You know alchemy? The law of equal exchange, I think...when you get something, you must give something in return. It applies to a lot of things, and it keeps everything working, so I can't just glamor people to give me things, because it's not right."

Truth be told, Pat didn't know all that much about classic alchemy; she was just quoting one of her favorite anime series that had alchemy as one of its main elements.
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Lilith
HP: 1


The young demon frowned, "Different magic users use different mediums. Blood sacrifices. Mana. Demons are well acquainted with equivalent exchange. Some require deals and contracts for powerful magic..."

She sighed, leaving the conversation at that. "How long will this... ride take us?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:14 am

Shannon North
Condition Curious
HP 2

Shannon watched interplay with the others. There was definitely something off here. He kept his eyes on the people as they talked about their deceased neighbor.
User avatar
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Russell, KY

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 am

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: ^_^;;;

"This is not a big city." Pat nodded, glad to leave the topic of ethics behind. "Just about ten minutes more. So, you didn't tell me how you managed to travel here uninvited..."

All the while, she was looking at the other people on the bus, just in case their odd conversation attracted too much attention.
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 am

Lilith
HP: 1


"If you get to be dodgey about your magic, I get to be dodgey about how I got here." Lilith spoke with a stern tone, showing she was done with this part of the conversation.

"Let us speak about other things. What is at he shoe-ping maul? What else do Hue-mons enjoy doing? What of mating rituals? Do you have a mate? Tell me." Lilith turned to the older looking, though by far in reality young woman. "OH!" She suddenly gasped, "Puh-lease." She smiled, remembering the custom.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Suffering the child

"I'm single at the moment." Pat blinked and raised an eyebrow. "I've had a couple of boyfriends, but they didn't last too long."

Pat answered shortly and truthfully, buying time for other things. It's not that she was dodgy about her powers... it's just that she didn't quite know what they were right now, but it was best Lilith didn't realize that.

"And there's so many things people enjoy doing that I wouldn't finish talking about them in my lifetime, and I'd still be missing something. In the shopping mall people go buy things or to hang out, sometimes there's people playing music or performing some act. There's a multiplex, so there's also watching a movie."

She was fearing Lilith would want to try everything she mentioned. And when the large building complex loomed around the corner, she tried to make a mental list of what to show, but failed. Some things were better if improvised.

"Okay, here we are." She said and guided the demon girl towards the doors, and thus they stood outside the ocean of cars in the parking lot. It was going to be packed. People running from the elements into the artificial climate inside. Her conjured umbrella protected them from the rain coming from above, but not from the wind, or the droplets bouncing up, so she found the nearest entrance and headed there.
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:47 pm

The Hallway

The kitten leads you through the building, the sounds of living, the smell of food long cooked into the peeling yellowed wall paper.. sloughing like dead skin from a wound. You feel eyes upon you as you follow, long hard looks at the intruder, though as you turn to return the gaze, doors are closed behind.

OOC wrote:A intuition roll, a will roll (dc 15) and another will roll if you miss the first please.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Garden

AJ blinks a few times, "Errrr, sure..." and walks over towards a small shed, carefully twisting the dials until it snaps open. With a wide grin, he grabs a few pairs of gloves and other assorted tools, carrying them back over towards the group. Of course, he has to personally hand a pair to the cute girl.

Julie wrote:"She had been with you a long time, I take it?"


Carlos smiles back to the young woman, a smile that a few decades (okay, more than a few decades) would have been considered handsome, even rakish. "My wife, God bless her soul, and I moved in '75. Ms. Clementine was already a fixture by then. The apartments were built.. oh, around 30 or so but they've been condemened, closed and reopened a few times." he tilts his head, "So not quite sure when she moved in." he reaches out for a pair of gloves, carefully slipping his arthritic hands into them.

OOC wrote:Please make up to 3 rolls and let me know what you're looking for in particular.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bus

Lilith wrote:What of mating rituals? Do you have a mate? Tell me.


At those seemingly magical words, two things happen at the same time.

The first is that apparently Pat keeps a large wasp of some kind hidden on her person that decides to wake up with a loud vibrating buzz, bzzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzz.

As the bus comes to a stop... and as you two are stepping out of it, another pair of girls are getting onto the bus. Pat quickly recognizes Jessica.. but that isn't Catherine standing entirely too close to her. It doesn't look like they've noticed you two yet.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 am

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 2
Condition - somewhat creeped out

Tommy followed the cat down the hallway, making an effort not to read too much into the leprous looking wallpaper. Other than that, the sounds and smells were not too different from those at the trailer park.

<Why do places like this always smell of cabbage? Nobody I know actually eats a lot of cabbage, but halls like this and most of the trailers always smell like old, boiled cabbage...>

He has the weird sensation of people staring at him, but he seems to be alone. Well, except for the kitten leading the way.

ooc wrote:will - 1d20 +8=25
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:33 pm

The spooky stairs...

That feeling of being watched grows.. but you're able to keep your head about you, after all, there's nothing really supernatural out there, is there? Oooops... wait..

The kitten continues to guide you deeper and deeper through the hallways, and the feeling grows..the smell of humanity, the peeling of the walls, the buzzing of the light..

And then the kitten comes to stand in front of a single door. With a soft mew, he looks back at you and then the door.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Catherine McMars
HP 1

Catherine begins plucking weeds while the others talk. She looks around the area, Wondering if she can guess a date on the equipment and supplies.

Ex. Botany=20Ex. History=8 Yikes. That last one will get me nowhere. HP to reroll HP makes that a 20 as well, unless they work differently in 3E.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Lilith
HP: 1


Lilith stares at the cell phone in confusion. "Magic communication stone?" She asks, louder than she intended.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:02 am

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 2
Condition - curious

Tommy looks at the door, then at the kitten and then back to the door.

"Okay, then..."

Stepping forward, he takes a deep breath before reaching out and knocking on the door.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:26 pm

The Garden

It's a fun challenge trying to figure out just how old the equipment is. All of it looks like it comes from the last few years, or maybe decades. Definitely nothing is antique. The small pair of women's gloves you slip on have a lingering warmth to them from the Summer sun, on the wrist a small rather amateurish stitched monogram of CJ, dark red thread against the faded brown leather.

The hallway

As Timothy touches the door, it swings open, revealing a small dusty apartment room. The well worn brown carpet is well spotted, a rainbow of stains deep in the fabric. The walls have odd patterns of fade upon them, a hundred small rectangles of newer looking paint. Light shows through one window, a thousand twinkles in the air of dust, settling into surfaces that aren't there before dancing back away. Even though abandoned, the room has a warm, welcoming feeling to it. Not too far away, you see a doorframe with some kind of marks that can't be easily made out.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Suffering the child

Hound wrote:Lilith stares at the cell phone in confusion. "Magic communication stone?" She asks, louder than she intended.


"More complicated than that, but essentially, yes." Pat blinks and answers, but keeping an eye on her schoolmate and her companion. "Hi, this is Pat, hold on a sec..."

She juggled passed the umbrella to Lilith, half-expecting it to vanish, but it remained as real as if it was... well, real. More things to ponder, but right now Pat's attention was on figuring out the strange coincidence of finding Catherine's best friend in the mall in this awful weather.

OOC: Insight check (1d20+6=17) on the two girls, although I pretty much know the answer :)
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest