Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 2
Condition - nervous but resolute

Tommy steps forward, positioning himself between his friends and the triplets.

"Um, hi, guys.

"Sorry about earlier but my friends sorta, um, freaked out, y'know?

"Look, we're here working on a project for social studies class. We have to do a presentation on someone who has had a positive effect on the community and we thought Mrs. Jackson would be a great subject.

"Did you guys know her? Do you have any stories about how she helped her community be a better place?"

Tommy smiles ingratiatingly as he pulls a small notepad and pencil from his pocket.
Last edited by timothy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Just Outside of Remember When

A small pack of giggling gradeschool girls packed under an umbrella scurry past Lilith. A most curious song coming from the direction of their heads.. Lilith has heard demons that sound more human than the strange atonal inflections.

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bodega

The bored looking middle40 something sphere of a woman pops her gum as the introductions are made, chew chew chewing her cud, "Yeah, yeah, busy here, what'cha'want?" Even though for the moment, nobody is bothering her except for the most recent drama of the stars outstretched before her. Her particolored talons flip the page.. chew chew blowwww pop.

Another older woman waiting at the counter (and being completely ignored), smiles at you two through tired eyes, "It's that nice. Clementine was such a nice woman. She helped raise my kids when I had to work.' she sighs softly, "A real shame too. She was one of the real bright lights of this community." She starts to wander away, stuffing a few more items into her small grocery basket. "What were you planning on doing the story about? Maybe the nursery? Or the community garden?"

A grumpy old man pipes up, "Or the herd of cats she kept around?' snorts, "Some people..." glaring at the lazy cashier, "keep popping out brats. Clem kept cats."

-------------------------------

In Front of the Apartment

The triplets nod a few times, looking between the three of you, "Why are you harassin our sister?" another nods a few times, "Yeah, that's cool, for a rich kid school." The third arches a brow, "How'd you hear about Ms Jackson (a clear love in his voice) anyways? It's not like nobody in this area ever did anything you know.. important." They jostle each other around a bit, "You mind moving out of the doorway so that we can get in?" A roll of the eyes.

(And yes, I'm intentionally making it difficult to tell which of the three does something).
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 2
Condition - relieved...

"Oh, hey, sorry about blocking the door.

"Um, I read a story about Ms. Jackson in the paper and she sounded like a really good lady. I wish we had someone like her in the trailer park, y'know?"

Tommy smiles as he steps aside, gesturing to Eddie and Catherine to do the same.

"Hey, if you guys ain't got time to talk to us, could you maybe point us toward someone who can tell us about Ms. Jackson?"
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 pm

You think I'm kinda crazy, but I gotta few regrets
Livin like a king, with a pocket full of grits
We come from different worlds, don't you ever forget
I'm just a poor little white boy, showin my respect

"AJ! BJ! CJ!" the small girl goes screaming out the door, hugging around them.

"Hey squirt!" She gets swept up into a biiiiig hug.

AJ smiles a bit, "Hey, I've got a little while. Kitchen is a little small for all of us, you know."

"You're from the trailers? That's cool. She was a real nice lady, she raised all of us, y'know? Like a grandmother to everybody around here. So, if you don't write good stuff about her, we'll hunt you down.. So watch yourself."

Insight DC 15 to notice that he's bluffing and blowin hard.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Dubious

"What, me, follow her?" Pat blinked and looked at Rachel. "I'm afraid I skipped out of ninja training... I can't hide that well."

She sighed again, she couldn't quite bring herself to refuse Rachel.

"Fine, I'll try, but I'll send her back to Hell if she tries something overly... you know, demonic. Hm... I wish I had brought my umbrella..."

She blinked... would it work?

"But she had, actually, brought her umbrella, but forgot in the excitement of recent events."

The accessory that appeared in her hands looked exactly like her umbrella, but somehow she knew it wasn't. Her own umbrella was much too far for her narrative powers to move. Instead, she had created this one out of thin air, just like that. She gasped with the implications. As long as she could narrate it... she could bring anything into being?

"Uh... okay... I'm off." She said, testing the latch of the umbrella but not opening it fully. She wasn't superstitious per se, but with all that was happening, it didn't hurt to be careful. "And... I'd like to talk about... this, I mean... what I can do..."
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Lilith
HP: 1

Lilith grabbed her ears in pain, "Ugg, how awful. I've heard screching harpies that sound better."

The young demon spun around to spot the witch, named Pat exiting the shop. "Ah. My Guide." She snapped her fingers once more. "Come Hue-mon. Show me your world. I wish to visit something my sister calls a shoe-ping maul."

MAKE OVER!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am

Shannon began to right down the information the patrons of the bodego was giving them. "Well, it's going to be a long piece, so I think I'd probably like to cover all three aspects. The nursery, the garden," he stopped and looked over at the grumpy old man and added, "And the cat lover aspect. I mean it sounds like she was a major character in the local neighborhood and seemed to hold it together. " Looking at each of the people offering information, "Can I get your names for the piece please?"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Rachael

Rachael laughed warmly, a little shake of her head, "Well, of course she's going to be demonic- she is one!" she grins, "But even a demon may gain enlightenment." she winks as she waves after Pat, "Be shiny!"

She pauses, growing more serious for a moment, "Yes, we shall. I may not be the best person to ask, but we should."

She frowns thoughtfully before gazing down at a much smaller Mr. Tibbs, "Yes, the storm is growing indeed."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:46 am

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Seriously dubious

"At lest she didn't ask me to be sparkly." Pat sighed and headed out of the store... only to be intercepted by Lilith. Well, at least that took care of the stealth part.

"Look.... Lilith, right?" Pat said, unfurling her conjured umbrella. "I'll take you to the mall and show you life as us mortals know it... but I want to make a couple of things clear, first."

She inhaled slightly, as if to make a grand speech.

"One, I'm not your servant. I will not fetch you anything unless its followed by a 'please'." She said. "Second, don't hurt anyone, or cause anyone to come to harm. It's for your own safety. I'm guessing your kind leaves a very tell-tale signature, and if you leave it around, it will attract attention to you from the real powers of this world. Especially demon hunters. By the rate things are going, I wouldn't be surprised that one of my classmates turned out to be one."

"So, with that out of the way, what do you want to see first?" She smiled, not as captivating or with the same power as Rachel, but she would've charmed the socks off the average passerby.

This because she was confident at having an ace under her sleeve. If push came to shove, she could send Lilith back. The demon might resist, but apparently did not notice, so Pat could keep trying until it stuck. And without regaining the powers shed through the crossing she used to come in, so she figured that was the last they'd see of Lilith. It was wonderful what a position of power, real or imagined, did for someone's attitude.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 2
Condition - relieved

ooc wrote: taking 10 on insight gives me a 15 to hit the dc

Tommy smiles genuinely at the older boy.

"Cool.

"The newspaper stuff talked about some of the stuff she did, but it really didn't say much about who she was, y'know? So we were hoping to get an idea of what she was like as a person.

"So if you could tell us anything about her daily life, where she liked to go, who her friends were, did she have any pets. That type of thing."

Tommy's smile grows even wider as he awaits an answer.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Lilith
HP: 1

"Hmmm, Hunters. You may be right, Hue-mon. I have heard countless times about how dangerous some beings from this realm can be for the unprepared. You might not be as dumb as you look." The young demon nodded, being dead serious. It was obvious she saw nothing wrong with the way she spoke. "Very well, Pat, I shall try and blend in and do as hue-mons do. Take make to the shoe-ping maul. Pull-ease." She attempted to mimic a smile like Rachel, yet ended up looking more like she was having stomach pains and needed to use the washroom.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Outside the Apartment

AJ just kinda shrugged and smiled. "Hey, when you put this in the paper, you can quote it to AJ, just... AJ. Okay?"

He runs his hand through his short hair. "I could tell you about the cats, man, she had a lot of cats.. kids and cats, that's what her apartment was known for. She had a real thing about everybody in the neighborhood takin care of everybody else... It didn't matter who you were and who the other person was, you were family. Yeah, some people didn't work out, some people were uhhh... encouraged, to live elsewhere, but you know, its that way in any family. You got a uncle that likes to do dope, he doesn't get to stay on your couch." he shrugs his thick shoulders. "Education was real... really important to her too. She was determined that none of us were gonna drop out, that we could only reach for the stars if we set our eyes on them." he laughs, "Not that we see many stars anymore.." he frowns, "You have a list of questions? I feel like I'm just wasting your time saying a lot of nothing."

The Bodego

The three older adults look a little uncertainly at each other as if there might be some stigma attached to being in the paper.

*gum pop* "Yeah, their names are None of Your Business, Leave Us the Hell Alone and Get Out of My Store."

The older man snorts at that, "Or.. Diego.." gesturing to himself, "Rose and Mildred." gesturing to the two responsive ladies.

Rose smiles a bit, more sure of herself, "Would you like to take home some tomatoes? The crop really did well this year since we did that special fertilizer mix that Ms. Jackson suggested."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Catherine McMars
Condition: Good
HP 1

"Oh, darn! I left the list back at my house. Did either of you guys bring a copy?" Catherine lies quickly. She thinks for a second before asking "Was she a good cook? When I think of people like that they are always good cooks." Remembering that witches often used herbs in spells and should, thus, use them in cooking as well. "That is alot of cats. Did she pick up a lot of strays or were they all interbred from 1 ancestor?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Shannon North
Condition: Intrigued
HP:2

Shannon put on his best million dollar smile and quickly wrote down the names. "Would those vegetables be from the community garden you were telling us about? What kind of garden is it? What kind of vegetables are you grown? How did it get started." He put on his best student reporter face.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby RdMarquis » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Julie Watson
Condition: Slightly Ingratiating
HP: 4

"We'd love some. Thank you so much." Considering Mrs. Jackson helped grow them, they might be worth examining before she put them in a sandwich. "Let's see...how much for half a dozen?"
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room