Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 am

Catherine McMars
HP 1

"Oh, no. Not them again. Come on Tom, Eddie, we will take this side." Catherine rushes to the nearest house, hopeing the 3 boys do not see her. She knocks on the door.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:23 am

Tommy
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - tense

Tommy allows Catherine to lead him to a doorway, but his eyes stay locked on the three young men from the bus. If there is going to be troulble, he wants to be certain that he is ready for it...
Last edited by timothy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
User avatar
timothy
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 am
Location: ottawa, ks, usa

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Remember When

Rachael frowns, rubbing her hands together at the sudden intenseness of the situation, "Oh dear. Oh dear." But she suddenly brightens as Lilith messes through the already horribly messy recording room, making the entire room brighter along with her, "Oh good! Thank you for finding that for me! I've been looking for it for months!" she turns that spotlight of a smile on the demon girl, her brow furrowing, "Well Lilith, I have some good news (aaaack, that burning smile!) and some bad news (and the world weeps around her). Which would you like to hear first Lilith?"

I need an insight or will roll vs DC 34 please or be fascinated 1d20+16=34

Also, an insight or supernatural perception roll to notice something important.


Mr Tibbs takes the moment of distraction to drag Lillian into the actual recording room, leaning back to trap her in the room.

Intrepid Adventurers

A nice little insight/perception roll for your group too please.


Catherine runs towards the apartment door, *bangbangbang*

On the other side, a bright young sounding squeal comes to the door.. clickflapclicktwistflaptwist (seems that the door is very secure). A small child throws the door open after a long fumbling while, "AJ! BJ! CJ!" and then pauses, "Eeeeek! You're not them!" and she tries to slam the door back in your faces. "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers!" The three rough looking teens walk in your general direction, closing the distance.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Overconfident

Hound wrote:"You're an odd witch. Most I have met speak in the old tongues. Yet you cast spells by simply saying your gutter common tongue... "


"Well, Fus Ro Dah, to you." Pat muttered, rolling her eyes. At least she was getting under the demon girl's skin. But that gave her some food for thought; was she a witch, actually. It didn't seem like it; her new senses did not identify what she just did as magic, just as... well... narrating. She'd always been able to do that; in fact, one of her volunteer jobs that she loved was telling stories at the children's wing of the public library. She had a knack for it, and apparently the world itself had finally taken notice.

But then Rachel intervened at last, she moved like a ray of sunlight parting through stormy clouds; silent, unassuming, but so very gracious and beautiful in its simplicity. Pat couldn't look away, but then there was something else she noticed...

OOC: Again; highest possible result is 26, so I'm not bothering with a roll :)
Detect Paranormal Perception check (1d20+9=25)
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Lilith can't possibly pass this, Spectrum just go ahead and post what happens.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:22 am

Remember When

Ouch, I'll have to remember to play social twinks in more games..


Rachael started handing things to Lilith, pointing out where in the great mess they should go. It seems more like moving crud between piles rather than actual straightening things up. Something in her tone reaching out and folding around the room, slipping around a warm tight embrace.

"Well, the bad news first then, Lilith. Lets see, actually several pieces of bad news. First, while you were able to get here, you're behind two layers of hearth. You're on Earth uninvited and you're in my sanctum uninvited. Each in turn weakens you." she peers over at Lilith, "Oh don't give me that face, you know, or at least you should know, that you can come into anywhere uninvited, you're just leaving part of yourself at the door."

She hands over another stack.

"The second piece is that you've entered a city that's at a dangerous crossroads. Winter and Summer are squabbling more than usual. That probably doesn't mean much to you. But, if you're powerful enough to murder Pa'at (distorts the name from the way that it's usually said), Mr Tibbs and myself, they'll still hunt you down. They manage to hate your kind more than each other."

Rachael hands over another stack.

"Third, and I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news, but I.. we think that we know who summoned your pet. We suspect that they were trying to summon You, but got the name wrong. Lilith, Lillian, so close in names. I'll have to have something done about Lilith. Would you like to help in that."

Rachael walks across the room, picking up the box of pizza and offers it out towards Lilith. "The good news is that Lilith, pizza is right here, if you'd like to have /A/ slice. Say please?"
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 am

Remember When

Rachael adds a few moments later, still that bright sunny smile upon her face. "Also, on the bright side, I'm sure that once we figure out how Lillian will get reintroduced to the world, she'll be more than happy to help bring you into this world as you were kind enough to help her through your own."
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Catherine McMars
Hp 1

"Ohhhhh crap" Catherine mutters under her breath, a bit louder she says "Hey, sorry about earlier, I am spooked by guys I don't know." She cringes behind Eddie, hopeing she looks sufficiently frightened "Can you ask them the questions?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby RdMarquis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Julie Watson
Condition: Cautious
HP: 4

"Well," she says dryly, "I was still wondering what those three were up to." Julie asks Shannon, "Think they'll be okay?" Otherwise, they could just inquire at one of the other residences.
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Lilith
HP: 1


Lilith's pale face flushed red with anger and she dropped the many, many items that had been forced into her arms by the witch. Rachel had been smart and only handed the girl items of no value, or strong durability, so the items clanged noisily on the ground but nothing broke. The demoness glared at the witch, "You. Speak. Too. Much. Hue-mon." She growled. Rachel's distraction however had worked, as the young demon girl had no idea her pet was no longer in the same room.

"Wait..." Some of the things Rachel had said were starting to sink it, "A hue-mon tried to summon me? Of course, that explains how they over rode my binding spell..." Lilith frowned. "To manage a summon yet get the names wrong... this person would have to have an affinity for the mystic arts despite his or her stupidity."

She sighed, "Bored now. Keep my dog fed and, let her get her exercise. If she gets fat, I will have a hard time keeping the servants from eating her. I'll be back for her." The young demon made her way for the door, clearly looking to leave.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:06 am

Shannon North
HP 2

Shannon watched the three teens and Catherine's reaction to them. This was getting as weird as the dreams that were lately plaguing the teen. Brushing the blond hair from his eyes, he put himself in a position that if he had to fight, he'd could do so easily. Lately he'd had to fight a lot and that was starting to bother him. Looking at Julie he asked, "I'm not sure what you mean. If they give us any trouble, I'm sure we can handle them, but I'd rather not end up brawling in the streets."

OOC- I'm a bit confused as to what's exactly happening with those of us in the street.
User avatar
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Russell, KY

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 am

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Slightly confused

Pat waited for the demon girl to leave the room to turn towards Rachel.

"So..." She blinked. "She's stuck here? Powerless? I'm pretty sure I can send her back. Well, 'expel' her back is closer."

She'd had many questions she was meaning to ask Rachel during lunch, except this has happened and now they were a ton more questions now. She looked at the mess Lilith had made and sighed.

"With some effort, they put things back the way they were."

And just as she said, all the little items and knick-knacks were back in their place; Pat had perfect memory, so she instinctively put everything where it matched her mental image of the studio. Except for that little thing that Rachel had been glad Lilith unearthed. That was still in Rachel's hands.

"Oh, my god; this is so exciting." She giggled.

OOC: Soooo... what was that very important thing that the supernatural senses check would have revealed?
User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 am

Remember When

Rachael pursues her lips as she watches Lilith leave, a darkening of her face. "No, no.. she's still quite powerful, she's just not as powerful as she was, or will remember being." she looks over her shoulder towards Pat, "I need you to run some errands, for the store of course." she looks down, "Well, mostly the errands will be right where Lilith is at the moment. She needs to be watched, without knowing that she's being watched."

She drama sighs, such a pained sound, "The storms are blowing in again, aren't they?" she sound of thunder echoing right after.

With Pat's little eye, she spied wrote:I already put it into the description actually, something in the tone and timbre of Rachel's voice was enveloping Lilith, cocooning her in power.


When Lilith steps out, a strange substance is falling from the sky, quite heavily and making it hard to see very far. What she does see however is a series of short squat buildings with an odd hard surface everywhere. It seems to be placed like the roads that you're used to, but its everywhere, hard to see actual ground. And those odd plants that grow up, they look strange too, none of the usual waiting and cursing that you're used to.. all so very.. strange.
User avatar
Spectrum
Titan
Titan
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Lilith
HP: 1


Once outside the young demon squints, "Uggg... It's even brighter and colder out here. How can hue-mons live in this?" She squinted as water fell from the sky. She loved baths, but water was expensive and only the riches demons could bathe. To see it falling from the sky was... amazing.

"Water from the sky? Maybe this world isn't so terrible..." She took a few steps off the balcony of the store and looked around. To her amazement she spotted trees. Lilith extended her hand and touched the cold hard bark. "Amazing... It's alive... but... it's not alive."

Lilith spotted a car drive by, "Amazing... I... I..." Lilith grinned ear to ear like the little devil she was, pure evil dropping from her stare, "I want one."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 am

Shannon North:
Condition: Inquisitive but wary.
HP 2
Shannon nodded to Julie and said, "Come on. We're not getting any answers standing here contemplating our belly buttons." The youth headed toward one of the buildings nearby to see who would be willing to answer any questions about the woman in question. Noting a small bodego next to the apartment complex he smiled, pushed his wet hair out of his eyes and headed inside.

The first thing he noted was that the air condition was on high and there was a chill to the air in stark contrast to the heat and moisture outside. There were wisps of fog forming at the edges of the windows behind racks of candy and snacks. Looking up at the clerk behind the desk, he said, "Excuse me. My name is Shawn and this is Jessica. We're doing a junior reporter story for the Community Times' School Outreach Program on a local lady who recently passed away. It's sort of a human interest thing about people who make a difference in their communities. We were wondering if you knew Ms. Clementine Jackson."
User avatar
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Russell, KY

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest