Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (IC)

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Shannon North
Condition: Inquisitive
HP 2

Shannon smiled at Julie and said, "I guess that means you're with me. Now the question is exactly where are we going?

Shannon wasn't sure how to deal with dual feelings of relief and disappointment that seemed to simultaneously wash over his mind. Man certain things were starting to really play havoc with the teen's moods, and it took every ounce of will power to not let it show.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Remember When

I was really hoping to wait for Coyo, but he appears to be elsewhere for now.

Lillian simply screams, trying to back away from Lilith, "I'm a good girl, I'm a good girl.. I'm a good girl." wracked in sobbing as she tries to protect herself from her once and future mistress.

The tail under Lilith's foot seems to grow thicker, the tight panicked mewling turning into a much lower deeper tone.. the cat underfoot growing into a much larger feline monstrosity, something that hasn't been seen in the mortal realms for millennium, something that puts even the great cats to shame. "Lillian, go into the studio, you'll be safe..er there." the suddenly massive Mr. Tibbs rumbles.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am

Catherine McMars
HP 1

"OK, just to make sure we are all on the same page, this is the plan right? Tommy, Eddie and I take the left side of town while you two take the right? We are reporting for a school paper on important people in the area and be sure to ask about pets but don't get too insistent?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: WTFing hard

Pat lets go of the pizza slice instantly and runs to the back. Something in that second sound did not sound very reassuring, and a little part of her was telling her that she should be running from, not towards.

And she was greeted with the frightening sight of a familiar's battle form, and a demon. Lillian had felt demonISH to Pat's senses, but this one was the real thing, and she held the other end of the broken chain of Lillian's slavery.

"You...!" She gasped, pointing at the girl-looking demon. She concentrated, how had she done it before? It had just come unbidden and by accident, but she needed to call upon it now. Ah, yes, there it was, like shaping a story in her mind before she set finger to the keyboard. "You do not belong here."

OOC: Edit Out as before, a Will DC 16 Dimensional Travel Perception attack on Lilith. For the sake of PC interaction, consider it a threat, like waving a gun in front of someone, just so that Lilith knows that Pat can send her back to Hell just by saying it.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Lilith has an odd sensation. Yes, the contract is invalid because its forgotten by the majority of humanity. This one, this one who stands so bravely before you- remembers.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby RdMarquis » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Julie Watson
Condition: Neutral
HP 4

"Got it." She then says to Shannon. "Neighbors sound likely. I can't think of anywhere else where we could get info on Ms. Jackson. Unless we can somehow obtain the city's records on her." Julie shakes her head. "Let's go before I think of something else that will get us into trouble or distract myself again."
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 am

Shannon North
Condition: Inquisitive
HP 2

Shannon smiled and asked, "Does anybody have the address?"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am

Lilith
HP: 1

Okay so pay only threatened, did not use? So I don't have to roll a will save yet?

Lilith smirked as she was quickly surrounded. Her sharp red eyes examined her surroundings, she could feel the power emanating from the new human girl which had just arrived. Lilith could almost smell the power surrounding her like a miasma.

Yet the girl showed no sign of fear or doubt. She even laughed, "Do you really think you have the power to face a daughter of hell?" She laughed harder and louder, "I only came for my dog, you would do well to not interfere. It will not end well for you. I am far more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Deception Check for Bluff: 1d20+14=33
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: WTFing hard

Hound wrote:"I only came for my dog, you would do well to not interfere. It will not end well for you. I am far more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

"I don't know... I can imagine quite a bit. Ever read Lovecraft?" Pat cleared her throat. She was thinking that she had no idea what she was getting into, but her supernatural sense was kicking in and contradicting her. The girl-shaped demon was quite convincing in her claims of power, but Pat's odd certainty was telling her something slightly different. Yes, the demon was powerful, and yes Pat didn't have much as a way of benchmarks, but in the same way that an ordinary person could tell how bad radiation was depending on where the needle in a Geiger counter was, despite not knowing what it actually meant... Pat's sense wasn't hitting any red area.

"Still... there are rules, I gather." She spoke slowly. "Her chain is broken, which means the contract she might have with you is null. She is in safe sanctuary, welcomed freely, and she's with the haven's owner and guardian..."

And much to Pat's own surprise, Lillian disappeared. But somehow she knew it was her doing. And she remembered how last night the storeroom had been tidy despite George's trashing accident. Pat was beginning to add two and two together. Armed with a new confidence, she turned back to the demon girl.

"So, as long as we're being civil, my name is Pat."

OOC: Pat's highest Insight result is 26, so I'm not even going to try :) Using Setting the Scene. It's an Accurate Selective Precise Area Teleport attack, so she only targets Lillian to teleport her to Rachel's side, wherever Rachel is atm. Lillian can resist if she wants, but the effect is Subtle and Insidious, so it kind of feels natural and it's in her best interest :).
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Remember When

Lillian poofs for a moment before reappearing under Mr Tibb's footpaws, just a few feet away.

The massive tiger sized cat snorts, "mmm, catfight. Rachel go get some popcorn."

Rachel simply glares, speaking up in her harshest whisper, "All of you, stop this now." she glares at the demoness, "You are not welcome in my home. You are not welcome in my workspace. You are not welcome here. I cast thee out thrice." she arches a brow, "How did you get here without being summoned." she looks down at Lillian, "Unless you..?" her tone starts out as accusatory, but becomes a question towards the end.

Outside

The rain starts to finally let up after the brief torrential downpour.. and the neighborhood from the articles comes into view. In fact, yep, that's that and that's from that picture. You can almost hear the sounds of the joyful neighborhood of the pictures.

A bus pulls up and stops, letting out a good half dozen very tired looking people.. and three teens that you recognize almost instantly.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Lilith

The young demon girl yawned and looked around the shop, "So this is the human world?" She spoke out loud, completely, and purposely ignoring the three humans, and familiar before her. "Huh. I don't see what's so special about it. It's too bright and far too cold for my liking."

Ignoring the group the demoness started examining the room around her, she began picking up various baubles, and examining them, most for only a second or two before she dropped them carelessly back on their respective shelves.

"Two witches, a cat, and a dog. What an odd place. Bored now." Already bored with the shop the demoness began to make her way for the door. "Dog, show me the human world." She ordered Lillian, and snapped her fingers. "My father once mentioned 'Pea-zuh' to me. I wish to try it while I am here."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Overconfident

As the demon girl talked and acted, Pat finished putting together the puzzle of her appearance. Abusing a weaker person? Check. Ignoring and dismissing direct confrontation from firm opposition? Check. 'Father mentioned..."? Check. This girl was not an all-powerful member of the infernal hierarchy (her father might be, but something told Pat the girl didn't have his permission for coming). This demon girl was a bully.

"Lillian is going nowhere with you." Pat said, pushing up her glasses in a careless manner. "You'll have to see the sights on your own."

She blinked. She had tried to send the demon girl away, but it hadn't worked now that she wanted to do it consciously. She thought back on how she felt when it happened... the power felt like the pregnant moment of creation between inspiration and execution. She narrowed her eyes.

"And then the demon found herself alone, on her own in the mortal world."

OOC: THIS is an attack :) Setting the Scene, <lots of extras> Teleportation Attack, Dodge/Will DC 16. It's an Area attack, so a successful Dodge halves the Will DC, however, it's Subtle, so Lillith should be Vulnerable against it for half her Dodge bonus. It's also Insidious... Lillith won't be sure what exactly happened to her, and if she resists she won't know she was attacked. Failure means she's now outside the store.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Lilith

Dodge check with half dodge bonus: 1d20+4=14 Failed
Full Will Check: 1d20+7=17 Success

Lilith rolled her eyes, "What, you think just because you say something, it will happen? Dream on 'hue-mon'. Life isn't that easy." The young demon laughed heartily, looking down upon the lower life form, unaware of the magical attack just aimed at her.

"You are amusing 'hue-mon,' like a pup hell hound yipping away at a Great Horned Dragon despite being completely out classed." She snapped her fingers again, "You shall take me to this 'Pea-zuh.' "
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Hypatia "Pat" Burgess
HP: 1 Cond: Overconfident

Pat was new to whatever it is that she was able to do, so she realized that things with a will of their own might not be pliant to follow her voice. But still, there were other means to keep buying time for Rachel to figure something out.

"Pizza?" She said, grinning. "Don't they have pizza in Hell? Well, duh, of course not. The place is supposed to suck. She said as she took a bite from the delicious slice she had left half-finished."

And it worked! She was holding the slice she had been eating when they were interrupted. She did as she had narrated and took a large, smug bite off.

"Oh, yeah. Heavenly..." She said, her mouth full, eyeing Rachel and Lillian.
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Lilith

Based on the appearance in your character sheet, Pat is, while not "fat" she is bigger than "stupid skinny" girls, and while she dresses well, she is not "fashionable" in terms of trends and what is popular.

Lilith snorted in annoyance, "Do all hue-mons look like fire-mane boars when they eat, or just you?" Her sharp red eyes narrowed, as if she were imagining something awful happening to the girl. "You're an odd witch. Most I have met speak in the old tongues. Yet you cast spells by simply saying your gutter common tongue... " Which means I just have to cut out your tongue...

Lilith sighed, as if exhausted by the lack of intelligence in this realm "Your insolence is becoming less amusing. It would be in your best interest to learn your place."
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room