Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Crinoverse: Truckin' Titans - Final destination

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Crinoverse: Truckin' Titans - Rocky Mountain Mutants

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:40 am

"Actually," your new drinking buddy replies, as he passes you a fresh cold one, "they've got a pretty good year going so far. And thank you. I've been a little out of practice on this sort of thing. But what's important is.. well, you know what's important, and I don't think I need to tell you anything you already know."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

"Yes, the Visitors." Tom says. "What can you tell me about them?"
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

"They come out at night..." She says, "...mostly. they look like what you'd expect, tall, skinny and gray with big black eyes. Just the other night I was taken by some of them.. I don't really know what happened, but when I woke up back at home, in my own bed, Well, it felt like they'd known how to treat a girl like me right.

"But right now," she continues, putting your hand to her chest, her desire for you even greater than before, "I'm seeing another visitor, a tall dark drink of man, someone who could use a nice welcome to this neck of the woods, if you catch my drift?"
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:
having kept your earbuds open for anything like what Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat have described, you don't hear much outside of the usual crazy alien encounter stories... or just really drunk rednecks whose 'aliens' were clearly just drunken perceptions of the police, but a common thread to some of the more recent stuff has been a place called Stark's Pond

Since Cain and Tom were deep in their own conversations Picasso decided he'd start by sharing what he learned with Rhea and Rachel.

"I think I've got a place that we can start investigating once we get out of here. Apparently a lot of the weird stuff has been going on around a place called Stark's Pond. We can probably get Chef or one of the less inebriated locals to direct us there."
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenseido » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Cain Bennet

"Thank you," Cain says as the man passes him a beer. Not an avid beer drinker, Cain sipped the beer slowly.

"Well it's actually good to talk to someone about it. Sometimes I get caught up with these conversations in my head, I think I am going crazy."

Cain suddenly realized the man had called him by name without Cain telling him. A little odd, but Cain had done things like that too. He hadn't quite figured it out exactly, but sometimes, he could tell what others were thinking, especially when if he made physical contact. Made his first time with Sarah a total trip. Afterwords, she started saying things like "true love" and "soulmate;" a year later, he was on the news and she wouldn't return his calls.

"It's just hard sometimes, doing the right thing. Sometimes it feels like I am being punished for saving them."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm

"OH beleive me," the man replies, "I totally know that feeling. But we keep doing it all the same, no matter how much it sucks, because we know its worth it. You have your gifts, me, I'm just good at talking, listening, a little carpentry on the side. And some people'd say I'm wasting it all by being here, dealing with..."

he shrugs, gestures to the crowd's dancing and drinking

"But you've got to remember that these are just simple townsfolk. They are people of the land. The common clay of the American West. You know... Morons. If I don't help them, who will?"
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:35 pm

stavaros-the-arcane wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:
having kept your earbuds open for anything like what Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat have described, you don't hear much outside of the usual crazy alien encounter stories... or just really drunk rednecks whose 'aliens' were clearly just drunken perceptions of the police, but a common thread to some of the more recent stuff has been a place called Stark's Pond

Since Cain and Tom were deep in their own conversations Picasso decided he'd start by sharing what he learned with Rhea and Rachel.

"I think I've got a place that we can start investigating once we get out of here. Apparently a lot of the weird stuff has been going on around a place called Stark's Pond. We can probably get Chef or one of the less inebriated locals to direct us there."

"Anything to get out of here."
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm

AquaCurrent

"Thank goodness its about time." Rhea sighed "The Broncos were nearly without one of their wide recievers thanks to a case of frostbite."

"If that guy was as good at catching the ball as he was putting his hands on me he'd never drop a pass."
she snarked as she followed them out.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 am

Yeoman wrote:
stavaros-the-arcane wrote:

"Anything to get out of here."

catsi563 wrote:AquaCurrent

"Thank goodness its about time." Rhea sighed "The Broncos were nearly without one of their wide recievers thanks to a case of frostbite."

"If that guy was as good at catching the ball as he was putting his hands on me he'd never drop a pass."
she snarked as she followed them out.

Picasso nodded with a sigh, "As Soon as Cain and Tom are done their conversations we make like a tree and leave."
Last edited by stavaros-the-arcane on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:47 am

Tom took another step back from the woman. He had been interested, but now with her talk of visitors and what they'd...done to her, he was mostly repulsed and a lot confused.

"Actually, that's my friends now. Looks like the'yre getting ready to go somewhere, I better go meet them. Okay, bye!" He all but ran to the others.

"The Visitors, they sound like typical, cliche aliens. There can't really be aliens like that, right? Its gotta be something else."

He looked over his shoulder at the woman. "You can tell me on the way."
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:58 am

Tom, Liane follows after you, clearly thinking she's playing hard to get, but then as you look back at her, she's stopped

Picasso, as the four of you get outside, you see Tom's would be date, who looks at you with shining, doe-like eyes

in fact, if this were like in the movies, there'd be some sappy love song playing that would drown out all noise...

thankfully, before she can make a move...

"Hey Ned, that looks like a duck billed platypus... IT'S COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!"

and misses, but not by much...

and some idiot from back inside shoots your hat off
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am

Cain Bennet

Cain looks up from his beer to see the others staring at him from the door.

"Oh, looks like my friends are ready to go. Thank you for thee conversation. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask."

With that, he shakes the Man's hand and goes to join his friend.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:13 am

Kreuzritter wrote:Tom, Liane follows after you, clearly thinking she's playing hard to get, but then as you look back at her, she's stopped

Picasso, as the four of you get outside, you see Tom's would be date, who looks at you with shining, doe-like eyes

in fact, if this were like in the movies, there'd be some sappy love song playing that would drown out all noise...

The sudden shiver that went up Picasso's spine is violently interrupted when his innocent hat is riddled with bullets.

"MY HAT! THEY SHOT MY HAT!" Picasso cries out, his voice filled with anguish as he checked to see what the damage was.

Before turning to look in the direction that the shot had come from. "WHO'S THE VIOLENT CRETIN THAT SHOT AT ME! I WILL HAVE WORDS WITH YOU." Picasso was now a very angry platypus.
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Yeoman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 am

Kreuzritter wrote:Tom, Liane follows after you, clearly thinking she's playing hard to get, but then as you look back at her, she's stopped

Rachel storms up to them and slaps the gun aside. "What is your problem?" She screams at them, visibly shaking with rage.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:28 am

"well see here,," the drunken compulsive game hunter starts to say, before looks you in the eye, steps back as you advance, before turning tail and running, before diving out the window screaming off into the night, something about mayans and spam
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room