Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

From the Ashes Reborn (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (OOC and Homework)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:56 pm

7, right. We went up to 6 after the first day, right when my computer crapped out. I had forgotten, I will up it soon.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 am

Hey Spectrum, wanna just auto-pilot Lilith and Pat to what ever event you have planned? I'm running on fumes at the moment in terms of creativity.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 am

Sure! I was enjoying the play between you two but I can fast forward the storyline a bit and have everybody meet back up. I've actually been trying to do so for a while by connecting Pat and Shannon, but looks like their phones aren't working right ;)

I'll do a big post after work today.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 am

And that should be a 3 not a 4.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Sandy- still not sure what you meant to say, one way or the other :)

A recommendation on spending the 15 pp and the pl is to bring your characters up to pl limits rather than new stuffs.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Lilith is currently PL 6

Do I make her 7 now?
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes all of the PCs are now fully PL 7.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I believe this is correct

Lilith
Description:
Age: Appears 12(Actual age 120, Demons reach maturity after around 200 years, then remain in the same form for several thousand years)
Height: 4'10”
Weight: 95 lbs
Eyes: Red
Hair: Blue
PL 7: 105 PP
Abilities: 16 PP
STR -05/04
STA 00/05
DEX 00
AGI 02
FGT 07
INT 00
AWE 04
PRE 00

Combat:
Initiative: +06
Melee Attack: +7 Unarmed (DC 14) +7 Swords (DC 22)
Range Attack: +10 Small Arms (DC 19)

Defences: 15 PP
Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +5
Fortitude +6
Will +8

Skills: 23 PP(46 Ranks)
Acrobatics (AGL) 8+2=10
Athletics (STR) 4+3=7
Deception (PRE) +2
Expertise (INT) [General Supernatural Lore(Names, Alignment, Food source, well known powers. Nothing "secret.")] +8
Insight (AWE) 6+4=10
Perception (AWE) 6+4=10
Persuasion (PRE) +2
Ranged Combat (DX) [Small Arms] +10
Stealth (AGL) 0+2=2

Advantages: 12 PP
Agile Feint
Attractive 2
Evasion 2
Improved Initiative
Quick Draw
Move-by Action
Takedown
Equipment 3

Languages: 1 PP
Demonic(First language), English

Equipment: 3 PP = 15 EP
Arsenal Array
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Damage 4, Multi/attack (12 PP)
[Alternate Power] Demonic Samurai Sword: Strength based Damage 3, Penetrate 6, Improved Critical 18-20[1 PP]

Gear
Mr. Rabbit: A stuffed animal shaped back pack, magically enchanted to hold a small pocket dimension which can hold up to 100 pounds worth of material, yet the bag itself only weighs 5 pounds. Limited: Living things can not be placed inside the bag (1 PP)

1 Equipment Point Unspent

Powers: 39 PP
Demonic Physiology:
Enhanced Strength 9: Innate, Limited: Bound in silver, loses all strength, making her -5 strength, and unable to move. (11 PP)
Enhanced Stamina 5: Innate, Limited: Silver ignores Toughness. (7 PP)
Immortality 1: 2 Weeks, Limited: Beheading (1 PP)
Immunity 4: Aging, Hot Environment, Poison, Disease. Limited: Half Effect (2 PP)
Regeneration 2: Every 5 Rounds, Limited: Bound in Silver cuts regeneration in half (1 PP)
Speed 1: 60ft/rnd (1 PP)

Demon Tail: A long, thing red tail, with a "spade" tip, this tail is prehensile and as dexterous as a finger. It wraps around Lilith's waist to "hide" from normal people.
Extra Limb 1: Improved Grapple (1 PP)

Demonic Ears:The only trait that appears inhuman, they are slightly longer and pointed.
Senses 4: Accurate Hearing, Danger sense[Hearing], Extended Hearing, Limited: Any sound based attacks have their Damage increased by 50%. Example: Flash bangs have a DC of 14 to temporarily deafen, against Lilith, they have a DC of 16. (2 PP)

Demonic Eyes:
Senses 2: Dark Vision, Limited: Takes one Round to adjust to each rank. So if in normal Daylight round one, and suddenly it goes pitch black. It takes the first round to go to Low Light Vision, then the next round to go to Dark vision (1 PP)

Magic Sense:
Senses: Aware[Supernatural], Acute, Extended (3 PP)

Demonic Energy:
Hypnotic Gaze[Deception]: Enhanced Deception +14, Skill Mastery[Deception] Sense-Dependent: Must Make Eye Contact (4 PP)
[Alternate Power] Hypnotic Gaze[Persuasion]: Enhanced Persuasion +14, Fascinate[Persuasion] Sense-Dependent: Must Make Eye Contact (1 PP)
[Alternate Power]Demonic Grace: Enhanced Acrobatics +6, Skill Mastery[Acrobatics] (1 PP)
[Alternate Power]Shadow Meld: Enhanced Stealth +14, Hide in Plain Sight, Limited: Requires Shadows/Darkness (1 PP)
[Alternate Power]Demonic Energy Wings: Flight 3(250ft/rnd), Wings, "Summonable" (1 PP)Large red bat like wings appear from Lilith's back at will, and allow her to fly. They can be dismissed at will.
[Alternate Power]Charm: Affliction 7, Sense Dependent[Eyes], Subtle 1, Entranced, Compelled, Controlled (1 PP)

Complications:

Demon Superiority Complex: Demons are raised to believe they are superior to humans in every way, causing all demons to be arrogant and smug to at least some degree. As such, Lilith hates accepting help from lesser beings, such as humans.

Childish: When all things are said and done, Lilith has the mentality of a 12 year old girl. She is subject to all the raging hormones, illogical choices, short attention span, and everything else that comes with being on the cusp of being a teenager.

Mr. Rabbit: To Lilith, Mr. Rabbit is alive. She talks to him, and seems to hear him speak to her. He is her best friend in this dimension or any other.

Home Sick: Misses her home dimension, and wants to return home more than anything else. This place smells weird, the sun is too bright, and its weather is too cold.

Family: Believe it or not, Demons have Family, She misses her two older sisters, and parents.

Secret Identity: Lil;ith fears demon hunters will come to kill her should the fact she is a Demon become wildly known.

Prejudice: Not all demons feast on human flesh, and tell nothing but lies... But stereotypes are around for a reason, and there is a good reason for most people to hate demons in general.

History:

Demon History 101

Lilith is your average demonic pre-teen girl. She hails from one of many, many Netherworlds. Sometimes referred to as a Hell Dimensions.

Her father, Lucius, is well known as the King of the Cross roads, a powerful contract demon. Contact demons, often nicknamed Cross road demons, make formal agreements or bargains with humans, granting any wish in exchange for claiming their life and soul at a fixed point in the future. The contract of the agreement is permanently written upon the skin of the human, the writing is invisible to non-demons.

By fulfilling the human's greatest desires, the human souls reach the peak of happiness, so when devoured, it is far more powerful than that of an unfulfilled human soul. So much so, it made contract demons the top tier of demon hierarchy.

Lucius is the most powerful of all Cross road demons, having fulfilled more contracts than anyone, and feasting on the most souls. Despite being more than 5000 years old, he only appears to be in his early thirties. Constantly wearing black business suits with red accents, clean shaven, and slick backed hair. His eyes, when approaching humans are emerald green, but in his home dimension, or angry, glow red.

Lilith's mother, Etna is a top class Succubus, well renowned in the many realms both for her skill, and for her beauty. It was only natural that the only being man enough to handle her as a wife, was the King of the Cross roads.

Succubi enter the dreams of mortals, usually males, and fulfil their heart's desire erotically, this creates a temporary moment in time where the mortal is completely fulfilled. While the souls are not quite as potent as the ones Cross Road demons enjoy, they are easier to obtain.

Etna is nearly 4000 years old, but barely looks a day over 21. One look at her body, and no one would dare believe she has delivered three daughters. She is a drop dead gorgeous blonde, with fantastic curves, brilliant baby blue eyes, and she is constantly changing her outfits to stay in fashion.

Lilith has two elder sisters, Bela, the oldest, takes after their father, despite only being 170 years old (17 in appearance) she is already well respected in her field, and has enjoy several dozen powerful souls.

Ruby, is the middle child, whom takes after Etna. At the age of 150(15 in appearance) she is already showing great promise in the skills of reaping souls from pathetic hormone filled boys. She is scheduled to graduate early, and began working along side her sister in only a few months.

Lilith however is the black sheep. Gaining only diminished version of the Succubi charm, Lilith only has what could best be described as a Hypnotic gaze. She can't fly, enter dreams, or anything else like other Succubi, and she has no magical abilities for granting wishes like her father.

Possessing only the barest of Demonic abilities, she is the lowest of the low class demonic scum, a complete and utter shame on her family. A blemish on the other wise perfect track record.

The only job for someone of such a low class power level, is to become a Vengeance demon. Vengeance demons are often summoned by humans who have been walked around on all of their life. These people are usually depressed, miserable, and hate everything about them. They summon the demon to kill the target of their hate and misery for the price of their soul. While killing their target often makes them happier, it usually does very little for the over all power of the soul, leaving the Vengeance demon with rather pitiful, weak meals.

The Summoner

George Brown is that kid no one wants to be lab partners with. You know the guy, the guy who wears the same shirt all week long, with a stain on the front from at least three meals prior. Their armpits have sweat stains, you can smell them the moment you enter the room. Their face looks like a pepperoni pizza, and there is always that one huge zit that looks like it is going to explode at any minute. You want to look away, but part of you just wants to pop it. The only thing he can talk about is something no one cares about, but he'll tell you all about it in high detail no matter how many hints you give him to leave you alone.

You'd almost feel sorry for him, except he's not actually a good person. Before puberty came up and beat him with an ugly stick, he was that kid everybody knew tortured small animals. He was the kid no one wanted to baby sit because he was such a little brat. No one went to his birthday or invited him, because he stole gifts, ate cake when he shouldn't and all round ruined the party.

Yet somehow George has got the idea into his head, that it's the world's fault that he is this way, and the world needs to pay. He found this old book in his parent's attic, bound in a strange leather, written in a weird red ink.

He followed the instructions to summon a powerful vengeance demon to make everyone at his school pay, but George doesn't pay much attention to fine detail...

My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:45 am

Good morning,

I'd like to introduce the newest member of our little party- Xerokhan.

Xerokhan- could you please post your character sheet?

In character the group is in a small independent used book and vintage clothing store called Remember When that has a reputation of having what you Need, but not necessarily what you Want.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Alright, let's get this out of the way first:

Gilbert Volpe

"the Fox"

STR 1
STA 2
AGL 8
DEX 0
FGT 7
INT 1
AWE 2
PRE 1

Toughness +4 [+2 flatfooted]
Fortitude +7
Dodge +10
Parry +10
Will +7

SKILLS 19

Acrobatics +14
Athletics +8
Close Combat [unarmed] +12
Insight +8
Perception +10
Stealth +14

ADVANTAGES

Agile Feint
Defensive Roll 2
Evasion 2
Improved Trip
Move-by Action
Seize Initiative
Uncanny Dodge

POWERS 30pp

Damage 1 [claws]
-STR based
-Innate

Enhanced Agility 6
-Permenant
-Innate

Leaping 1 [15 ft]
-Innate

Senses 5
-*Innate*
-Accurate Normal Olfactory
-Extended Olfactory
-Low-Light Vision
-Ultra Hearing

Speed 6 [500 meters/round]
-Innate

COMBAT

Initiative +8

Close +12
Range +0
Damage +1
+2 [claws]

Dodge +10
Parry +10
Tough +4 [+2 flatfooted]
-------------------------
BIO

Gilbet was your average teen. He is quite shy, so not alot
of people noticed him in class or anywhere else. When someone
would come up to him, he ran away from them for some unknown
reason to them. Thus, all of his peers called Gilbert "the Fox."

However, Gilbert had a secret that he decided nobody needs to
know about. Gilbert has a twin named Wolfgang, but Wolfgang was
diagnosed with a mental disease that makes him attack people without
warning. Thus, Wolfgang was placed under heavy care at the local
asylum, and Gilbert never wanted people to know of him.

Upon hearing this investigation group, Gilbert decided to follow
them quietly, slowly learning who they are and what they were doing.
-------------------------

COMPLICATIONS

1) Gilbert is afraid of his peers finding out what he has become (except to the heroes).

2) Gilbert is shy, but slowly becomes comfortable with the other heroes.

3) Gilbert is uneasy when talking of his twin brother Wolfgang

Anyway, I am happy that I get to play in this. I will do my best in this game.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm

I apologize for the further delay. I will post by tomorrow night. I PROMISE!
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (OOC, recruiting 1 pm w/ interest)

Postby RdMarquis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Same here. I'd love to jump back in, but I'm not sure where we are. Is everyone back together at this point?
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Sorry if I confused! :(

Yep, everybody is back together (even the PCs being with banana slugs on their head) back at Remember When. I envisioned everyone being back in the small recording studio though that might be a little tight. Lots of detail in the first few pages of the storyline. There are also some pictures of Rachel and Mr Tibbs in the ooc forum.

I'm going to be away for most of this weekend but hopefully we can still get things back in action.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 pm

I apologize for not posting as much recently. I have been on the hunt for a second job and have been rather busy. I have now found one and once it begins I will most likely not be able to post as much for a while as I adjust to a new sleep schedule. It should get better in about a month and then I should return to posting more often.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Sorry to hear that Sandy. I hope that the new job goes well for you.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room