From the Ashes Reborn (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

From the Ashes Reborn (OOC)

Post by Spectrum » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Picking up from here
IC thread

The colorful beam of light pops into existence at the front of the room, turns its back and starts to screech the piece of chalk across the board, making people cringe and ears bleed. "Hello, my name is Spectrum, and I'll be your home room teacher this year." in a voice born to say 'Bueller? Bueller?"

Okay, got that out of the way, it was an itch that I just had to scratch or it'd drive me (more) crazy.

The long awaited roll call:
Shannon North played by Cobalt Blue

Catherine McMars played by MrSandman
Hypathia "Pat" Burgess played by Coyotzin
Lilith Played by Hound
Julie Watson Played by RdMarquis
Gilbert Volpe Played by XeroKhan

(Semi)retired
Thomas Keast played by Timothy
Edward "Ed, Eddy" Norton Played by Insaniac99

Important people and locations:
"Remember When" small and chaotic used book store owned by Mr Tibbs and his familiar Rachel (or is the other way around?)

Shawn and Vincent: Summer and Winter knights

Thank you in advance for all your effort,
Spectrum
Last edited by Spectrum on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Re: From the Ashes Reborn (OOC and Homework)

Post by cobalt-blue » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Okay, I think I did this correctly. When the others publish their "blurbs" then I'll add to theirs.

Theme Music: Castle of Arianrhod by Emerald Rose (http://youtu.be/BiHOXxgV-5o)

Opening Credits scene redux:
Scene 1:
The dream came again. I was in the library downstairs. It's a great old hall that Grandad had dismantled from the family's old home in Denmark and had shipped here. I always loved that place. It was peaceful, and comforting. When I was little, and I'd have a nightmare instead of going and crawling in bed with Mom and Dad, I'd wander down here and fall asleep in one of the big wing-back chairs.

The room was cold, but I didn't feel it. The fire in the great old fireplace gave off light but no heat, and there was a beautiful woman with long white-blonde hair- the same shade as mine- was sitting in one of those comfortable chairs. She was dressed in white fur and some kind of leather and chainmail. With a smile she stood up and touched my face. Sometimes she would say, “Little brother...” others it was “Little sister...” Then I would wake up.

Scene 2:
They say the bigger they are the harder they fall. Well, also the bigger they are the harder they hit. And he was big- at least eight feet tall- and he hit HARD. Something flared between us just before his fist slammed me back into the wall. Stars exploded in my eyes when the back of my head hit the cold concrete of the wall behind me. Before I could shake my head to clear my eyes, he was on top of me. The first thing I noticed was that his breath smelled like old fish, stale beer, and just a whiff of excrement. “We are going to talk, half-breed,” he growled at me.

Scene 3:
The book was old and it was from my Granddad's library. It was also written in Old Norse so there was no reason I should be able to read it, but I was. It seemed like the language spoke to something in my soul- like the name I kept hearing in my mind: Thialfi. Who was the Hel (and why did I need to spell it with only one “l”?) was Thialfi?

Something above me caught my eye and I looked up to see a dark shadow falling toward the heavy oak table. I pushed my chair back to get out of its way, as I saw what could only be described as a werewolf picking itself up from the table. “Oh crap. This just got real!”

Scene 4:

I looked at my form in the mirror and shook my head. Why was this happening to me? This was on a whole new level of weird- even more than Scott Wilson claiming to have met a vampire (and those DID look like fang marks on his neck). But at the same time, for some reason it felt right. For some reason the changes didn't freak me out like they should- and the gods only know they SHOULD.

I wondered what mom and dad would think if I told them. I sure as hell didn't want to end up in a lab somewhere dissected. Best to keep this a secret. But I guess it means no more trips to the shore.

Scene 5:

Okay, I was through being everybody's whipping boy. I'd been knocked around by some giant, I'd been attacked by a line backer and now a werwolf invaded my house- through the fracking skylight no less. It was time to rock! I threw my hands down to my side and pulled the heat to me as I felt the the fire begin to form in my hands. I noticed that the temperature in the room started to drop as the heat went to my hands as I got ready to start throwing fire!

Meet ups:
Edward Norton

I was distracted and not paying attention. Things had been strange lately and I was trying to figure out how to deal with them. Scott Wilson freaked me out, but not as much as other things. I was late for physics class and was half walking and half jogging down the hall, trying not to run into anybody. I nearly made it until I got to the door to Mr. Cashatte's class. Then I collided headlong into this skinny kid- Ed. He was one of gamers. I didn't know him personally, but we had a mutual friend: Tanya Slater, who ran the vampire game that Scott was in.

We collided with more force than I expected and the poor guy went down like a load of bricks. I looked up to where the whole class was staring at us. I knew what they were waiting for- me to get mad and say something nasty to the kid. But they should know that's not the way I am. I LIKE the geeks as much as I like the preps. That's my strength. I blend into almost all groups but don't really belong to any of them.

Instead, I reached bent down and helped gather up his books. I couldn't help but notice a copy of Von List's “The Secret of the Runes” in his books. I gave him my best smile and handed it to him as I said, “Sorry about that little dude. My fault. I wasn't looking where I was going.”

He raised an eyebrow and mumbled something I didn't quite catch and stood up. Before I could ask what he'd said, he scrambled to his seat at the front of the room. Sighing, I grabbed my own seat and tried not to attract any more attention to myself. Mr. Cashatte, went on with taking roll.

Andrew Johnson
This was the fantasy gamers- not to be confused with the slightly “cooler” vampire gamers. But to tell you the truth, I kind of liked the fantasies better. They weren't nearly as pretentious, and were genuinely nice to you if you were nice to them. Calvin Grant was the Dungeon Master for this group, and he could tell a pretty cool story. Like I said, I don't play the games- I don't want to put that much energy in my drama- but I DO like to talk to them.

With a nod, I slid in with my lunch across from a guy I didn't recognize. Well, that's not quite true. I'd seen him around and I knew he was part of Calvin's group, but he was always so quiet that I never caught his name. Nodding to Calvin I asked, “You guys still going to your uncle's cabin this weekend to play?” I asked Calvin.

The blond nodded and said, “Why don't you join us? I”m sure you'd have a good time.”

I shook my head and said, “No thanks. I just like hearing you guys talk about your games. I'm constantly amazed how you can create a whole world and then interact in it with just a few rules.”

“I wouldn't call it a few rules,” the guy across from me said. “Calvin's gaming bag usually weighs about forty pounds.”

I smiled and said, “Well, I'm still impressed. I think the drama department could take some lessons from you guys.” Then with a smile I added, “I'm Shannon.”

“Andrew,” he muttered and blushed slightly as if he'd suddenly realized he was talking to someone.

Hypatia “Pat” Burgess
Pat was at it again. I watched as she followed Mr. Ross with her eyes. I could see the little flutter in her eyes. She always seemed to crush on the older men- what I usually thought of as “safe” crushes, because she doesn't have to worry about ever carrying through with them. At least I hope she didn't. Mr. Ross was our English teacher for heaven's sake!

Pat was as close to a female version (whatever that means anymore) of me. Like me she tended to hang with all the groups of people. She didn't limit herself, but got along with everyone from Calvin's and Tanya's groups as she did the drama club, the cheerleaders, the jocks, and the band geeks. About the only group neither of us actively hung with were the stoners. We were nice to them- at least I was- but hanging out with them was usually something I didn't want contemplate.

She must have caught me watching her because she suddenly put her hands on her hips as if daring me to say anything. I simply shook my head and smiled.

Catherine McMars

“I really wish I had your skill with growing things, Catherine,” I told the girl as we worked on the flower garden in front of the school's main office after school. We'd both volunteered to help with the school's beautification program. Me, because I was dreading going home. Mom was in one of her moods again, and was pushing to send me to private school. I was trying to show her that I was happy where I was and to prove it, I volunteered for BP.

The pretty freckled girl grunted toward me as she set the plant into the hole we'd dug in the rich black earth. I got the feeling that she thought I was hitting on her. Not likely. I'd seen the way she'd sometimes look at Jessica. I had more sense than to get between her and the object of her affections.

I shook my head and just went back to planting realizing that she wasn't going to talk to me.

Thomas Keats

Sometimes people could be cruel. They thought this kind of crap was funny. Whoever had the bright idea to convince Tom Keats to deliver a note to Bethany Green had a sick sense of humor. Then I saw what was really going on. Somebody thought it would be fun to scare the guy. Frank Martin, Big Man on Campus, linebacker, and all around jerk was already heading over to “put the fear of Frank” in Tom.

This was not going to end well. I tried to maneuver myself into position to defuse the situation, but before I could get there, Mr. Ross came up and asked Tom to come with him. I chuckled when I saw Pat standing at the door. Looks like we both had the same idea. I guess she had more ability to talk to the object of her crush than poor Tom had.

Pulp Novel Blurb

The Ice Prince
Shannon North was never your typical rich teenager, but at the same time, his life wasn't exactly what you would call exceptional. He'd moved easily from one clique of teenagers to another, never settling on just one, but having friends in all the groups normally found in high school. He was the perfect social chameleon and he liked it that way.

The the world started changing around him. One of his “goth” friends claimed to have met (and have been bitten) by a vampire. His body started going through some rather remarkable changes, and werewolves started showing up in his life. Who was this Thialfi, and who was the woman who appeared in his dreams and called him brother... and sister. Most of all, why did objects start moving around him on their own, and why did the temperature always drop when they did?

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 am

Let the foundations flourish! Andrew Johnson

Intro music: You're going down

Scene 1:

Innocence lost, that's how Andrew likes to think of adolescence into adulthood. Andrew smiled to himself as he thought of this. People have commented, the few people that Andrew trusts anyways, that Andrew could take up philosophy with how deep he can sleep into thought occassionally. Andrew usually agree's, if he wasn't so amazingly bad at it, he could make a philosopher. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter. Innocence lost somes up his class right now, Andrew thought, such as the jocks up there, preying on the woman who think they are attractive. Andrew didn't like them. Just because he doesn't vocalise it doesnt mean he doesn't like some people. For example, he really dislikes some of the modern day female musicians, who feel that successful music only seems to happen to those who walk around in bikini's and flaunt good looks!

At least Amy Lee and Sharon Den Adel don't strip to make music, they wear clothing and still look good doing it, Andrew bitterly thought. He will freely admit he prefers the awesome music of Gothic metal as he calls it over crap pop, but he was obviously biased in his opinions. Andrew sighs at his own hatred, then shrugs. It was part of him, he knew it. Keeping all his emotions bottled up was never a good idea, and has never been a good idea. But he did it, and now he has a nice little core of intense dislike.
"Mr Johnson, what are you doing?! Stop dawdling" Miss Donald snapped at him. Andrew sighed and emptied his mind from all his questions. Just one thought came back to him, a word that made Andrew slightly smile, a not very nice word that summed her up.

Scene 2: Fresh cool air impacted Andrew's open visor as Andrew raced down the road on his motorbike. It was about 15 minutes after school, and Andrew was heading home at a silly pace.
This is more like it! This is life! Andrew grinned, humming "Highway to the Danger Zone" as he rode down a small road. His mind was turning over again, trying to unravel the meaning of life. It was almost comical at how Andrew was trying to deravel the mysteries of life. This was him, he enjoyed the simple act of travelling, going from location to another and drawing contrasts and comparisons to these locations, seeing how he has changed his location. Andrew grinned again, he really was too friggin' thoughtful! Andrew shrugged, closed his visor and gunned the engine!

Scene 3: It was late at night, and Andrew was lurking around quielty. He went to one of his favourite rock bars, even if he didnt speak to many and just hanged around with the usual group of a few people. A few people commented at how killjoy Andrew was. He parked his bike outside, the management know who Andrew was but they haven't seen Andrew drink one alcoholic drink. Not one, which was unheard off in Schism. Andrew didn't really care anymore. Not being able to drink to consistant driving used to be a problem, now he just doesn't care anymore. Andrew grinned as the music grew a little louder, and started to mouth the words. He was enjoying himself, he loved this scene. His music, his friends, his evening. Even if he didn't have the money to really go mental, he still enjoyed it. Andrew leaned back and let the moment overwhelm him. It was good sometimes, it was really good.

Scene 4: It was late at night and Andrew was heading home from his Night out at Schism when he met Holly. What did Holly mean to Andrew? Very, very little. He didn't even know who Holly was. As a non-drinker, Andrew didnt take part in wild debauchery but he won't deny that some drunk girls have kissed him then forgot about him. Holly, however, was deeply intoxicated and looked like she was about to take a nap on a street. Andrew sighed quietly. He was quiet, he knew it, but he was intentionally shy. Andrew shrugged and walked up.
"Can't sleep there miss" Andrew said, then blushing as he realised he couldnt speak to girls at all. Holly looked up, then looked down and evacuated all the liquid inside her torso. Andrew grimaced at the display and slipped around the corner.

Ten minutes later, a Taxi turned up, asking for one Holly. He explained that a friend was concerned about her and had paid for a taxi to take her home. It had all the official registration and in her drunken state, Holly didnt want to walk home. She clambered in and was sent home. Andrew smiled as he lurked from the shadows, stowing away his phone. It was late, time to go home.

Scene 5: A mugging! Andrew really didn't like muggers, theives, criminals. His list of people he didnt like was quite large and some people on the list was just from intolerance. But this was a mugging, an actual mugging. Andrew watched a man from a quiet spot nearby as he threatened a woman with a knife, and took her purse and phone. Andrew was nervous, he was just quietly taking 5 to answer his text messages and regain his focus on what he was doing today, when suddenly a man and a woman entered his private space. Andrew was the person who didn't draw attention, and his position meaned that he was not sighted. But Andrew saw them. He immediately thought that the man and woman were going to do things with each other, and Andrew should leave, but he saw a glint of metal and next thing he knew, he was watching a mugging.

It wa 10 minutes later and Andrew was walking home. The mugger? He got away, with the purse, phone and money. Andrew sighed, images of a heroic fight flashing through his head. His mind, fed with an unhealthy diet of heroic charges in fantasy films and expert sword fighting in games, flashed images of Andrew unarmed domination, but Andrew realistically knew, a knife would trump his fists anyday. Andrew sighed quietly, and headed home once again.
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Post by timothy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:03 am

Theme song- pity the child from the musical chess (tom is much less cynical, but it suits his homelife well).
Watch it here: http://youtu.be/Z0Jrld6hKHY
from other thread wrote: Opening credit scenes-

1) Tom ducking under a punch from a big student in a letter jacket.

2) Tom suddenly growing from 3" to normal height, slamming a double-fisted uppercut into the jaw of a fell beast.

3) Tom, his face bright red, stammering like an idiot, trying to talk to a cheerleader.

4) A pull back shot from two dark, conspiratorial figures to show 3" tall Tom listening to their conversation from the shadows.

5) 3" tall Tom clinging desperately to the collar of a house cat, riding it like a bucking bronco.

6) Tom, smiling, suddenly disappearing from the shot as he shrinks.
Last edited by timothy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Post by timothy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:56 am

Notes from Tommy's journal-

...ran into Shannon North in the library tonight. Nice guy. If he wasn't such an amiable sort it would be easy to hate him. Seriously. Rich, good-looking, athletic and relatively bright. He offered me a ride home. Like I said, nice guy...

...New kid in school! Jack something or other. Someone said his dad was a Navy SEAL or some such. I doubt that, but it's possible. He looks like he spends a lot of time outdoors and there's a sort of stiffness to him that could be from a military upbringing. Hard to say for sure, though...

...saw that one guy today. Think his name's Andrew or Drew or something. The kinda metal-head one. He was sitting on a curb next to his motorcycle, looked kinda upset. Asked him how it was going, told me he was out of gas, loaned him a couple bucks. Wonder if I'll ever get it back...

...was focussing on body language today (finished a book on it yesterday). Kinda cool how much people let slip if you pay attention. Catherine and Jessica, for example. Watched them at lunch. Catherine is definitely smitten. Got embarrassed and finished lunch outside...

...Eddie was going on about some new manga he'd gotten and everyone was looking at him like he was a cockroach they'd just found in their lunch. I managed to steer him outside before things got too weird. I like him, but he can be a pain sometimes...

...swear I came this close to asking Pat to the dance. She's really cute and smart and we have two English classes together. Chickened out at the last minute (of course). Bad idea anyway. She'd have probably said no...
Last edited by timothy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Post by timothy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 am

Pulp Novel (obviously trying to tap the Harry Potter readership):

'Tommy Keast's Tiny Adventure'

Tommy was the kid everyone loved to pick on.

Until the day something amazing happened.

And now, somehow gifted with the unlikely power to shrink to just three inches tall, Tommy has to learn to cope with a world of supernatural adventure and danger he'd never dreamed existed.

But, when a malevolent force rises, what's the tiniest hero to do...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am

Andrews Analysis of his compatriots

Ed Norten

What can Andrew say about Ed. He's half and half, someone who can talk about stuff that Andrew likes, but just doesnt know when to be quiet! Andrew is indifferent to Ed, because he respects smart people, he just doesn't like embarrassment, having gone through them all himself. To Andrew, Ed is better then most, but Andrew is just... indifferent to him. Andrew hasn't really spoken to him, but he notices Ed and his reputation. He'll keep an eye on him.

Pat Burgess

To Andrew, Pat is the ultimate enigma. A girl with similar interests to himself and at the same time, not socially awkward and has a lot of friends. It's the one person Andrew wishes he could actually talk to for a long time but his instinctive mistrust of anyone of the opposite gender hampers any efforts. Andrew tries not to think of it much, it can make him pretty jealous.

Cathrine McMars

Catherine is the opposite spectrum to Andrew then Pat. Catherine isn't someone Andrew will quickly trust, he just can't put his finger on it, but if he had to guess, too many men he didn't like or wouldnt like, like her, so Andrew just avoids her. He will remain professional and help her, like he will help almost anyone, in school work, and thats it.

(As a minor point, a fire hating plant heroine and a draconic hero? I can already feel the drama)

Tom Keist

In Andrews life, he often classifies people in fours stages. Three are Meh, Don't trust them and Really not trusting them, pretty amusing to others and sometimes to himself at how bitter he can be sometimes. However there is a fourth stage, which Andrew often forgets it exists because precious few people exist in it. That stage is yeah there alright. And Thom headlines this stage in Andrew's mind. Thom is an alright guy, Andrew dosn't mind him because his quietness is something Andrew can relate to. Besides, Thom donated cash to Andrew to help him get home. Andrew owes him one.

Shannon North

Andrew is torn on this one as well. He doesn't like pretty boys, but Shannon is also a fellow gamer, and therefore respected by Andrew. Another hard moral decision (although even Andrew snorts when he thinks he's making a deep moral decision, he knows he's making a decision his rather different mind wants him to just cause he can.) Andrew needs to make his mind up. Until then, he'll used standerd protocol, help them with work but keep his distance.

Pulp Story
Draconis

Part man, part myth, Andrew Johnson is a quiet man, who was a raging fiery temper. Despite his normal appearance, Andrew has inhuman strength and is legendarely tough to harm. So when a princess is in trouble from man, Andrew must overcome the temptations of man and save the lady from his own kind.
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Mr.Sandman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:15 pm

No music chosen yet

Scenes

Catherine looking over a table at Jessica while she helps a dog at the clinic with a silly, romantic, look on her face.

Catherine in her stone form halfway through a wall being chased by a wall of fire

Catherine examining a large, colorful plant that looks slightly evil.

Catherine in plant form protecting Jessica from something large and inhuman.

Wanted to get this up before work, will expand on stuff later when i can get on a computer

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:24 pm

*The coherent light adjusts its glasses as it reads through the assignments, a strange look of awe and terror on what passes for a face. I knew that they were honors students, but this, this might be a little more than I expected.*

Great job folks! Thanks for pouncing right into things. I really like what I'm seeing so far. I see that there were a few questions about what I wanted and I'm hoping to clear things up.
Spectrum wrote: Assignment 1: Theme music
I've already touched on this, but want to nail it down a little more and have people move it to our shiny new ooc thread.

Part A: Evidently, I'm horribly when it comes to choosing theme music. At the same time, I think that having music in a story can have a huge impact in making a story better. As we're playing, if you want to bring into the story a particular piece, go ahead and put it into the IC thread, even if its meant as background music for a 'tv show'. As long as people don't abuse it, or it turns into radio wars, I'm happy to throw out a few hero points. Make them worth it :)
I think that I may need to work this a bit better. I tend to think of games as tv shows and what is a great tv show without a great soundtrack? In IC, as scenes progress, if you want to interject a musical cue in, feel free to. For example, some good driving music during a fast paced race. Or, a good beat down song during a fight scene or.. a nice romantic ballad at an appropriate time with that special someone.
Part B: Several people have also started on this piece of 'homework'- lets move it over here. Please pick a small handful of images or scenes (5 at most) that really drive home the nature of your character. We'll work together to try to put those images into the storyline. If this idea is successful, I'll work in a way of having of regenerating those opportunities. If you need to, think of them as one-shot complications.
I've seen some really impressive stuff here. It'll be a fun challenge trying to work them into scenes but for some I'm already working on it. They may turn out to not be what you had intended but hopefully, they'll always be cool.
Assignment 2: "photo album spread out on my bedroom floor"

Teams (I think that I've randomized them pretty well, it reminds me of an old math problem):
Start: Shannon North, 2: Edward Norton, 3: Rocky
Start: Thomas Keast, 2: Rocky, 3: Shannon
Start: Andrew Johnson, 2: Edward Norton, 3: Shannon North
Start: Rocky Rose, 2: Andrew, 3: Edward
Start: Hypathia Burgess, 2: Thomas, 3: Andrew
Start: Edward Norton, 2: Hypathia, 3: Thomas
Might be easier to think of this in terms of physical note cards. Everybody starts an adventure seed for this character, shuffle, turns it into the next person who adds a few more notes, shuffle, to the third person. And remember, Hound's 'friend nobody likes' is in the mix too.

Class dismissed!
Spectrum

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by insaniac99 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Name: Edward Norton
I'm having trouble coming up with a theme song that I like and is actually fitting, or one that my character would think is fitting; if anyone has some good suggestions I'd love to hear them. I'm going to make a first pass at this now plan to revisit this tonight after I've had time to think, I think this will also help the organic nature. And the GM snuck in a post while I was typing!
cobalt-blue wrote: Meet ups:
Edward Norton

I was distracted and not paying attention. Things had been strange lately and I was trying to figure out how to deal with them. Scott Wilson freaked me out, but not as much as other things. I was late for physics class and was half walking and half jogging down the hall, trying not to run into anybody. I nearly made it until I got to the door to Mr. Cashatte's class. Then I collided headlong into this skinny kid- Ed. He was one of gamers. I didn't know him personally, but we had a mutual friend: Tanya Slater, who ran the vampire game that Scott was in.

We collided with more force than I expected and the poor guy went down like a load of bricks. I looked up to where the whole class was staring at us. I knew what they were waiting for- me to get mad and say something nasty to the kid. But they should know that's not the way I am. I LIKE the geeks as much as I like the preps. That's my strength. I blend into almost all groups but don't really belong to any of them.

Instead, I reached bent down and helped gather up his books. I couldn't help but notice a copy of Von List's “The Secret of the Runes” in his books. I gave him my best smile and handed it to him as I said, “Sorry about that little dude. My fault. I wasn't looking where I was going.”

He raised an eyebrow and mumbled something I didn't quite catch and stood up. Before I could ask what he'd said, he scrambled to his seat at the front of the room. Sighing, I grabbed my own seat and tried not to attract any more attention to myself. Mr. Cashatte, went on with taking roll.
Ed was rushing to class, he had just spent most of lunch shoved into his locker and managed to get someone to help him out just in time to make it to class. He was just about to head in when *WHAM* he's slammed to the ground. Ed immediately started looking for an escape route or a teacher to stop this before it went any further. That's when he realized it was his friend* Shannon. Ed was flustered enough that he only mumbled a simple "Thanks Shannon" for the help up before rushing to his seat right next to Catherine.

*Which Ed loosely defined as anyone who regularly talked to him after class and didn't try to beat him up.

For the scene with I'm supposed to start with Hypathia and Pat:

Eddy had a wide range of hobbies which kind of helps him maintain some friends (see definition above), With Hypathia what connected them the most was probably their love of Japanese culture. Ed found her in the cafeteria and sat next to her with his tray of standard school slop. "Hi Hypathia, here's a flash drive with Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, I think you'll really like it. What did you think of Shall we dance?"

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:39 pm

In case I snuck it in, the IC playground is now open.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Post by cobalt-blue » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Spectrum wrote:In case I snuck it in, the IC playground is now open.
Actually the link was to creating a new board. I would change it if I were you. I had to go look for the board.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Yay! Fixed. I am not completely fail!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Rachel-

Mr Tiffles- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... cal001.jpg

I will get used to posting images onto here. I shall.
Last edited by Spectrum on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

insaniac99
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by insaniac99 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Spectrum wrote:Rachel- no picture yet

Mr Tiffles- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... cal001.jpg

I will get used to posting images onto here. I shall.
Just surround the image with {img}{/img} except with square braces instead of the curly I used, like such:

If you Highlight the link and then click the "Img" button above the textbox it does it automatically.
Spectrum wrote:Edward, please give me a nice little awe+(perception or technology) roll (something nicely computery). Let me know which one.
Edward has skill mastery: Technology and a +10 to his roll, to anything less complicated than 20 he can do without rolling. If you still want a roll, here you go: Technology roll (1d20+10=21)