Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:12 am

Nighthawk

"Okay, when we're out there we'll keep our eyes open for links to this Zodiac crew. And if you guys hear anything about an imminent hit on Kyle, maybe we can intervene," Nighthawk said.

"But in the meantime, we need to get on to these Meta leads."
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Gilliam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Dennys

"Got it," Skylark nodded. "I'll be on the lookout for anything regarding them. Also..." she hesitated a little. "I'm looking for the Falcon," she said quietly. "He's been missing for nearly a month now and I've lost all contact with him. It really isn't like him to just vanish like this. If you have the slightest clue about where he is, please let me know."

"The Falcon, no I haven't heard anything" Kismet says "He was a wannabe Raven wasn't he, I am sure that he is okay and I will let you know if we hear anything". At the mention of The Falcon, Rick looks up from what he was scribbling on a bit of paper and slowly shakes his head.

"Okay, when we're out there we'll keep our eyes open for links to this Zodiac crew. And if you guys hear anything about an imminent hit on Kyle, maybe we can intervene," Nighthawk said.

"But in the meantime, we need to get on to these Meta leads."

"We have to get going as well" Kismet states as she takes a couple of pieces of paper out of her pocket and places them on a cleanish tabletop "The club on the Broadway is called The Firehouse and looks to be one of the more popular places in the city at the moment. The place in the Lincoln district is as far as we know either a gang house or belongs to someone obsessed with security as it is fortified and not in a subtle way."

Looking up she makes eye contact with each of the four vigilantes "It is up to you how you want to handle it but I would be tempted to tackle them both at the same time. If you need to get in touch then it may be best to leave a message with Rick here as he knows how to get in contact with us or there is a message drop box on the roof here that we have setup."

Joining Kismet at the table "I am releasing a new album next week so I will be about doing a few shows and promotional guff. My agent is really good at passing messages onto me or" and a grin spreads across his face "you could also leave a message at my place as my hardcore fans know where I live" and he hands Pretty Deadly a signed photo of himself "I knew I had a spare one on me" ignoring once again the look from Kismet.

Then with a brief farewell they head off not before you notice Kismet knuckle punching Rick in his upper arm as they leave through the backdoor.
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby baixiwei » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Gun Girl

"Hitting both places at once sounds like a good idea. Otherwise whichever one we don't hit might get tipped off and clear out before we get there. So what do you think - split up?"
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Nighthawk

"Seems like the right way to do it. Maybe those who don't rely on a lot of gear should tackle the nightclub. Lots of civilians.... hrm."
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 am

Pretty Deadly
HP: 2
Status: Fine


Aika bit her lip as Rick and Kismet droned on. But what about money? But in the end, she just shook her head and said nothing. It's kinda cool to hang out with people with abilities like mine. I don't wanna mess with how they see me too much. Besides which, there's always side opportunities.

She accepted the photograph with a look of mild disdain and when the two members of Force Ops left, she turned to the others.
"I can wait on pulling out weaponry and you've seen I can blend in. I'm good with taking the club. Who else would be up for it?" She glances at the others. Hmm... costumed gadget girl, gun girl, dark avenger... She nodded.
"Nighthawk... can you summon up your powers at a whim too?"
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:47 am

Nighthawk

He nodded. "As long as there's a ready supply of blood...shouldn't be a problem." She could hear the grin in his voice.

Of course this meant going undercover, leaving trails to his identity that could be pieced together from every ATM and surveillance camera. Couldn't be helped. If he was willing to go out there and get his ass shot off every night, he might as well risk it all.
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Ysariel » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:43 am

Skylark
Condition: Normal / HP: 1

Narrator wrote:"The Falcon, no I haven't heard anything" Kismet says "He was a wannabe Raven wasn't he, I am sure that he is okay and I will let you know if we hear anything". At the mention of The Falcon, Rick looks up from what he was scribbling on a bit of paper and slowly shakes his head.


"He was a lot more than that," Skylark said heatedly. "So watch what you say about people you don't know a thing about."

Skylark turned back to the others. "They wouldn't let me in the nightclub anyway," she said with a shrug. "So Gun Girl and I will get the warehouse? Take this," she said, handing Pretty Deadly a small electronic device that looked like a half-sized television remote. "In case you need a quick getaway and somewhere to lie now."

I figured I'd make it explicit, but you all have access to the base and team transport now.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Skylark
Condition: Normal / HP: 1-1=0

Skylark made sure that all four of them had a beacon for the Raptor, access codes to the Aerie and a list of the concealed entrances to the base before leaving. Unfortunately, they didn't have any way to communicate with each other. "Sorry," she said ruefully. "No commlinks. I'll try to get some next time." She had always fought by the Falcon's side. There had never been much need for commlinks before this.

She spread her wings, soared into the night air and headed in the direction of the Lincoln. Perhaps it was just the comment about her father, or the knowledge that Archer was the more bloodthirsty sort, but Skylark did not have a good feeling about FORCE Ops; as far as she was concerned they were not to be completely trusted yet.

Approaching the target, Skylark signaled to Gun Girl that she was going to take a look, then made an aerial circuit of the building. With luck, the sentries - if any - wouldn't be paying too much attention to the sky.

Skylark's going to approach by air and try to see what security measures are in place.
Notice to spot security measures (1d20+9=16)
Stealth to prevent being spotted (1d20+10=12)
Reroll stealth with HP (1d20+10=22)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Gilliam » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 am

Gun Girl

Leaving Dennys you make your way towards the Lincoln District and the possible drug house jumping from rooftop to rooftop and sprinting through dank and dark alleys. After several minutes you get the sense that someone or somebodies are following you. Putting on a burst of speed that would leave most people gasping for breathe doesn't shake them and curious you slow down for them to come to you.

From the far end of the alley where you are waiting you hear the sound of dress shoes as a well dressed middle aged man approaches you. You notice that he appears to be of Korean descent "My apologies for this impromptu meeting but may I have a minute of your time?" he asks in a very respectful tone.


Pretty Deadly

Tossing the signed photo in a nearby rubbish bin you head towards The Firehouse club intending to meet Nighthawk nearby. Moving out of the Fens you notice more activity and signs of life in the city rather than the near deserted streets you had just traveled. Taking a short cut through a more upmarket neighbourhood you spy a figure outside a second floor window of a large darken house dating from the 1920s. In a blink of an eye the figure has opened the window and is inside the house.


Nighthawk

Eager for some action you arrange to meet Pretty Deadly near the club as you head out into the night. Not too far from the abandoned Dennys you hear from a nearby courtyard, that you recall was a favourite haunt for prostitutes, the voices of a couple of young women asking "someone to repent their sins and seek forgiveness" and a drunken male voice telling them to "shut up or he will shut them up".


Skylark

After providing everybody with access codes and any other information they may require you take to the air hoping that the crisp night air will help make sense of the unexpected meeting with the members from ForceOps. Making good time you notice below the figure of a boy or young teen wearing a buttoned up cardigan running down a street carrying a bright pink cakebox. As you circle overhead about 10 seconds later half a dozen teens wearing the same insignia from Dennys run round a corner in pursuit, you hear a number of catcalls and "whats in the box", "slow down we won't hurt you" as they close the gap.


A little interlude
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 am

Pretty Deadly
HP: 2
Status: Fine


Aika had mixed the traditional "raver" gear and more industrial garb for the club. Fluorescent greens and pinks battles against each other in patterns across her shirt and pants, and she was sporting a set of clunky engineer's boots on her feet. Across her hands, she had a set of black fingerless motorcycle gloves with silvery studs. Atop, she had her mousy brown hair tied into twin ponytails and she'd painted her face white and colored around her eyes with electric blue eye-shadow. Her lips were a bright cherry-red.

When the man slipped into the house, her first impulse was to keep walking. No... it could be there are people in there. Of course, coming in guns blazing could be a mistake too. After a moment of thought, Aika reached into the pouch at her side and pulled out her cell phone.
"Hello, 911? I think I just saw someone enter into the second story of a house on Kanigher street. Yes, the second floor, maybe a cat burglar. Guess he could be a meta, but you just never know about that, right? Corner of Kanigher and 42nd, looks like the address of the building is 5265. Thank you." She then hung up and consulted the time on her cellphone.

"OK, I can give him about 15-20 minutes. Either he'll have left by then or the police will be here." Pretty Deadly stepped over to a dark alleyway and settled herself in it, pulling out a long rifle. "Now let's see... tranquilizing darts... sure, there's usually side effects, but they'll do. I'm sure he's rather have blood pressure issues than be bleeding out..."
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 am

Nighthawk

Nighthawk will keep to the shadows and move closer to observe. If it looks like the girls can't handle the situation themselves, he'll intervene.

Stealth Mastery 23
User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:34 am

Skylark
Condition: Normal / HP: 0

Skylark noted the running teen and was about to continue on her way when half a dozen jeering figures burst onto the scene. She frowned as telescopic optics picked out the same gang insignia that had been plastered all over Denny's. These kids meant trouble.

A powerful beat of the smart polymer wings sent her swooping earthward like a lightning bolt, and she landed on her knee smack between the pursuers and their victim, blocking their path. "Six of you going after someone all together? Isn't that brave of you," Skylark mocked as she rose to her feet and tossed her ponytail over one shhoulder. "Go home now and I'll forget this ever happened. Last chance," she levelled a finger at them, but kept her sword clipped.

Notice (1d20+9=22)
Do the six kids have any visible weapons, and what sort?
Do they have any identifiable features (scars, noticeable gear etc.) apart from the gang insignia?
Sky will also attempt to judge which one looks most likely to be the leader, if one doesn't step forward.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Gilliam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:01 am

Pretty Deadly


Settling down to watch the house you wonder who will be quicker the burglar or the police. After 5 minutes there is still no sign of life from the house nor any sign of the police. A couple of minutes later that seem to drag you see the figure exit from a different upstairs window and you realise that the burglar is not a guy. With deft movements she secures the window then after a quick look round drops to the ground below.
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Gilliam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 am

Nighthawk


The man’s voice gets louder and louder as he stumbles over his words “Yes please save me I need to be redeemed, save me” then a pause “Stay back keep away from me, I am all right” followed by a squishy noise as drunken laughter fills the air.

The laughter is similar to Krusty the Clown from The Simpsons.


Entering the courtyard you can see a man wearing a trench coat and hat with his back to you as his body shakes with laughter. He is facing 2 women wearing similar full-length off-white sleeveless dresses with flowers embroidered on the hem. The younger woman is wiping the remains of what looks like a cream pie from her face as the older woman steps towards the man “we can save you, let us help you”.
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Gilliam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 am

Skylark

With practised ease you land between the gang and their prey noticing that they are not carrying any weapons but there are bulges in their clothes that indicate that they are armed. As you flick your ponytail over one shoulder. "Go home now and I'll forget this ever happened. Last chance."

Exchanging a look among themselves the oldest and biggest teen starts to grin “really it is not even Halloween yet little girl. Run along now or you will be in for a world of hurt” as knives and knuckle dusters appear.

The teens are aged between 18 and 20 and are fully aware that you are a couple of years younger than them.
User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests