Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Enforcer
HP: 0, Condition: Bruised x2, Fatigued, Stunned

Toughness: 1d20+7=15
Yep, IC has been continuing to slam me. My previous two rolls were 1's. Stunned.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Nighthawk
Condition: Bruise 1, Injured 1
HP: 2

Nighthawk was just a little humiliated at being treated like a side of beef, and patted Gun Girl on the shoulder as a sign of thanks for having caught him. Once back on his feet, he charged Armorine and leaped into a flying knee attack at her head.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 am

DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT

Kipping up Nighthawk charges Armorine and at the right moment leaps into the air bringing his knee round to catch Armorine's chin with a large crack. You are sure that if it was anyone else teeth would be falling to the ground but the metallic woman just glares back at you.

Armorine Toughness DC23 (1d20+9=16)-1 =15

Okay a fail by 8 so Armorine is now Bruised x2; Injured x1 & Stunned.

Round 8 begins with Gun Girl then Pretty Deadly followed by Skylark.

Insurgent is stunned until start of Pretty Deadly's turn.
Enforcer is stunned until the start of Slam Dances turn and
Armorine is stunned until the start of Nighthawks turn.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby baixiwei » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Gun Girl

Shot of Armorine reeling from Nighthawk's blows.

Slow-motion sequence of Gun Girl sprinting across the room, ducking sinuously under the metal woman's clumsy swipe to end standing right behind her with her gun barrel pointed right at the base of the other's skull.

Close up shot of Gun Girl's face as she pulls the trigger again and again, the muzzle flash lighting up the grim expression on her face.

Even closer shot of her eye, reflecting the spray of blood in front of her. The hint of a tear forms in the corner of the eye.

OOC wrote:Stunned, i.e. no dodge, so it's time for an Autofire 2 Power Attack! Attack roll: 1d20+15-5=21. Base damage is 10 + 1 per point I exceeded her defense, to max of +5. I assumed the result would be brutal since that's very likely a DC30 toughness save, so took some liberty with the description, hope that's OK.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:39 pm

DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT

Slow-motion sequence of Gun Girl sprinting across the room, ducking sinuously under the metal woman's clumsy swipe to end standing right behind her with her gun barrel pointed right at the base of the other's skull.

Close up shot of Gun Girl's face as she pulls the trigger again and again, the muzzle flash lighting up the grim expression on her face.

Even closer shot of her eye, reflecting the spray of blood in front of her. The hint of a tear forms in the corner of the eye of Gun Girl as somehow the metallic woman still stands, severe pain etched in her face.

Turning towards you Armorine snarls like a cornered animal as she raises her fist to strike back, she takes a step forward and her knees buckle as she crashes to the ground rocking the apartment. A mercury like substance starts to pool from the many wounds on her body.

Nice description

Armorine Toughness DC30 (1d20+9-2=18)

Fail by 12 so Armorine is Staggered; Disabled; Stunned again; Bruised etc so we will save some time and say that she is a goner.

Pretty Deadly is next then Skylark (looks like the fight is nearly done)

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 am

Pretty Deadly
HP: 1

Aika shook her head. Some people just don't know how to take a hint. Drawing her stun-gun from thin air, she jabbed it into the robed woman's midsection and depressed the button for several long seconds.
"Stay down!"

OOC: Stun Gun (PA 5): (1d20+14-5=19) For a DC 21 Fortitude save versus Stun and the Knockback effect if she's stunned by it.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:32 pm

HALLWAY

Surprised at the other woman's tenacity Pretty Deadly steps closer and jams her stun-gun into Insurgents midsection. There is a loud crack and the smell of ozone fills the hallway as Insurgent's body jerks uncontrollably slamming into a nearby wall.

Falling to the ground near to Kyle, the robes round Insurgents head come loose revealing quite an attractive woman whose eyes are still fixed on all of you with hatred. As Kyle clambers to his feet his body is covered in a sheen of sweat and his face is pale and drawn, looking down at Insurgent at his feet a nasty expression crosses his face and he brings back his foot to kick the robed woman in her midsection "You are going to pay for what you did" he snarls.

Insurgent Stun Save
Insurgent Fortitude DC21 (1d20+4=20)

and she just fails so is now Stunned; Staggered; Bruised x2 & Injured x2 and suffering knockback, so her toughness save is
Insurgent Toughness DC20 (1d20+0=20) - 2 = 18

Can't believe these rolls, a natural 20 so she is still hanging on and I thought she would fall the quickest in combat.

Skylark is next then Slam Dance, Nighthawk & Enforcer.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ysariel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Skylark
Condition: Bruised 1, Injured 1; Fatigued / HP: 1-1 = 0

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?" Skylark shook her head and commented. "If you insist on being beaten unconscious --" She brought up the sword and swept the blade diagonally across and over again in a cross-slash.
Free action: speaking

Standard action: Use sword attack on Insurgent
Attack roll vs Insurgent (Power attack +5) (1d20+7=15)
HP to reroll (1d20+7=20)
DC 28 toughness save if it hits

Extra Effort and Surge to get another standard action

Standard action: Use sword attack on Insurgent
Attack roll vs Insurgent (Power attack +5) (1d20+7=10)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gilliam » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:36 pm

HALLWAY

As Skylark brings her sword down in a quick cross slash knocking out Insurgent, Kyle takes the opportunity to put in a kick then starts hollering as he stubs his toe.

UPSTAIRS APARTMENT

WIth a wide grin Slam Dance circles Enforcer "You know I could do this all night, next time I gonna ask if I keep you as my own punching bag" and with a burst of speed he dives through the hole in the wall "But gotta go times a wasting" you hear from the other room as Slam Dance does a runner.

Okay unless Nighthawk or Enforcer want to continue we can say that combat is over and time to tidy things up.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah, Enforcer is going to chase him down, blasting him.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby baixiwei » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Gun Girl

Gun Girl pauses only a moment to make sure Armorine isn't moving before sprinting out the front door to the hallway where the others have just taken down Insurgent. She aims at the supine figure that, moments ago, brought her worst fears from suppressed memory to consciousness. But Insurgent is surrounded by her allies - there is no clear shot.

"Step away," she says to them in a tense voice, her skin paler than usual and the knuckles on her gun hand white from how tightly she is gripping the handle.

OOC wrote:i am assuming we are out of combat time, more or less - let me know if that is wrong.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Nighthawk

Nighthawk shoves Kyle backwards with an annoyed push. "You owe everyone here who was injured your blood! Now simmer the fcuk down!" He cocks a fist to drive home his point.

"You're going to finish spilling your guts, or I'll finish you!" Nighthawk reminds him.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Enforcer

Andres gives chase after the remaining Slamdance, switching to pistols as he moves.

Free action to switch, Move action to follow.
If I get a shot, I will take it, otherwise take another Move action and fire.
Attack: 1d20+12=16
Unfracking believable.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:25 am

ENFORCER

Not wanting to leave any of the gatecrashers running loose, Enforcer gave chase after the fleeing Slam Dance. On the other side of the wall Enforcer sees Slam Dance near the window to the apartment looking thoughtfully at the aftermath of the previous fight.

Without conscious thought, Enforcers quantum gauntlets reform into a heavy revolver and he fires off a shot that just misses the bald man. That grin that was really pissing Enforcer off spreads once more across Slam Dances face as he produces a huge knife "Ya really want a piece of me, do ya" and with a few quick slashes in the air he charges Enforcer with his normal disregard for defense "I gonna cut apart piece by piece" as he aims a blow towards Enforcers upper leg.

Have a HP for the fiat to give Slam Dance a very big knife.

Slam Dance will use AOA +/-5 again
Slam Dance AOA 5 (1d20+9+5=22)

If that hits can I have a DC18 Toughness Save (lethal) please, then Enforcer can respond.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 am

HALLWAY

It was almost comical how quickly Kyle's face changed from hatred at the motionless form of Insurgent to sheer terror as NIghthawk shoves him, quivering Kyle realises that there is nowhere else for him to flee as he backs into the wall, "You're going to finish spilling your guts, or I'll finish you!" Nighthawk reminds him in a cold voice.

Hearing footsteps from the apartment you see a very pale and stressed looking Gun Girl emerge from the doorway "Step away," she says to you all in a tense voice, her knuckles on her gun hand white from how tightly she is gripping the handle and you realise that her gun is aimed directly where Insurgent is lying if you were not blocking her aim of fire.

Combat downstairs has finished. Upstairs Enforcer is still in combat with the remaining Slam Dance.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room