Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (IC)

Postby Ysariel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 am

Skylark
Condition: Bruised 1, Injured 1 / HP: 0+1 = 1

Skylark was ready as the the airborne, doll-like figure whizzed at her. She parried the first strike with her sword but the wings caught her by surprise, tearing long slashes across her torso and chest as she yelped in pain. Skylark stood fast, however, and raised her blade again on guard. "That's all you can do?" she laughed as Flying doll-guy zipped away. "People get hurt worse from shaving."

My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:22 am

Enforcer
HP: 2 (-1=1); Condition: Bruised x1, Shaken (Fatigued at end of turn)

Enforcer gritted his teeth through the words, and moved on the foe that just swung on him, bringing down an escrima strike on him.

He then turns on the other one. "The only thing getting taken apart is you two." He then moves and offers another viscious escrima strike to him.

HP to counter Fatigue
Attack roll: 1d20+12-2=28
That's a crit, DC28 Toughness

Surge and repeat on the talkative one: 1d20+12-2=23
DC23 Toughness
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:51 pm

ENFORCER

Gritting his teeth through the words, Enforcer moved closer to one of the Slam Dances and slammed an escrima stick into his stomach knocking the wind out of him and then spinning with the force of the blow clipped the other Slam Dance with a glancing blow that left him unharmed.

"Yo looks like you can give us some entertainment after all"

Slam Dance Toughness DC28 (1d20+9=20)

And he is unconscious as well

SKYLARK

Yelping in pain. Skylark stood fast, however, and raised her blade again on guard as Little Hawk's wings caught her by surprise. "That's all you can do?" she laughed as Flying doll-guy zipped away. "People get hurt worse from shaving."

A pint sized voice responded with a sneer in his voice "So you are a dude after all, thought so .."

NIGHTHAWK

In a fit of petulant temper Armorine stomps her foot on the ground making the whole apartment shudder and a couple of paintings to fall off the walls "I'm going to sooo enjoy my next chat with that whimp" she says turning her head from the departing Slam Dance.

"Hold still now this won't hurt .. much" she says as she takes another wild swipe at Nighthawk and gives a cry of triumph as she thinks she has scored a clean hit.

Armorine AOA +/-5

Armorine Attack AOA 5 (1d20+9+5=20)

Have a HP as she will try again

Armorine Attack AOA 5 (1d20+9+5=29)

That should hit a will be a DC24 Toughness Save (Lethal) please.

Round 6 is up with Gun Girl first then Insurgent

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Nighthawk
Condition: Bruise 1, Injured 1, Stunned
HP: 2-1=1

Nighthawk was unprepared for the ferocity of Armorine's attack. When she hit him, he reeled from the pain.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Gun Girl

Does he not know that women shave too? is, strangely, the first coherent thought Gun Girl has after shaking off the pain of her injury. "Thanks for the save," she smiles at Skylark. "Can you go after Kyle? I've got this -"

As Gun Girl tries to stand, holding the wall for support, she suddenly grips her gut wound, cries out in pain, and drops again to one knee as if overcome with the pain of the injury. It's another trick, of course: reaching under her body with her gun arm to fire off to her left, she unloads her clip at Little Hawk, hopefully catching him off-guard.

OOC wrote:One of these times this will work. OK, feinting as a move action with acrobatic bluff: 1d20+16-5=29. Finally a decent roll. If he fails to match that with Sense Motive or Acrobatics, he loses his Dodge bonus against my next attack.

Power attack for 2 with Fast Shooting, attack roll: 1d20+15-2=20. !@#$%^? strongly suspect that misses, although maybe it will hit due to the feint.

I'll surge to attack again, accepting Fatigue since I have no HP left. Attack roll: 1d20+15-2=24. Please tell me that hits.

If either or both hits, each one is Toughness DC22 +1 (from Autofire) per point that I exceeded the defense DC, to a max of +5. Note that if the feint succeeded, it only affects his defense for the first attack, not the second.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 am

GUN GIRL

As Gun Girl tries to stand, holding the wall for support, she suddenly grips her gut wound, cries out in pain, and drops again to one knee as if overcome with the pain of the injury. With a laugh of glee Little Hawk hovers in the air for a meer second to take a closer look at Gun Girl which is all the time she needed.

Reaching under her body she fires a rapid stream of bullets that catch the 6" tall figure in mid air spinning him round, as he falls to the floor Gun Girl catches him with another volley of bullets leaving the broken dying doll man in a heap on the floor.

Little Hawk Acrobatics Check
Little Hawk Acrobatics DC29 (1d20+10=17)

Okay he is now flat footed and in trouble.

Little Hawk Toughness DC24 (1d20+3=12)

Little Hawk is now Staggered, Stunned and Disabled which means he will be still flat footed for this next attack.

Little Hawk Toughness DC27 (1d20+3=8)

And it is not his lucky day now he is Unconscious and Dying.

Little Hawk Fortitude DC10 (1d20+4=23)

Well he has an hours grace

PRETTY DEADLY

Turning her head back towards the apartment as the volley of shots rang out Insurgent seemed to be in 2 minds whether to return to the apartment but Kyle drew her attention. "Run now those gun shots were your friends dying in vain" Insurgent said as another wave of fear washed over Pretty Deadly and Kyle.

Can I have a DC18 Will Save against Fear please.

Okay Pretty Deadly is up then Skylark.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 am

Pretty Deadly
HP: 2

Aika shook off the last last vestiges of despair and felt the energy sent towards her fly right through her.
"Lady, you made a mistake," she said, and dove forward into the robed woman, knives flashing... or at least that was her intent. Her foot caught at the last section and she stumbled slightly. She was back up to fighting trim in moments, but it was enough time for the robed lady to be on-guard, agiely guarding each of Aika's slashes.
"Maybe we could come to an agreement on this?" Aika said, standing between the woman and Kyle, "We already told you that we want to get some info from him and then we're done with them. Some of the goodie-goodies in my group won't want to give him away, but I can arrange to tell you when and who we hand him over to in the authorities... then you guys can ambush away, that is if there's anyone left upstairs after you went and attacked us..."

OOC: Will save (Despair): (1d20+8+1=27) And Fearless means the Fear attack doesn't work. ^_^

She's going to go for the close-up knife attack. Attack roll (combat knives, PA 2): (1d20+12-2=11) Damn... she's going to hold her HPs for the moment just in case.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ysariel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 am

Skylark
Condition: Bruised 1, Injured 1 / HP: 1

Skylark said nothing, nodding at Gun Girl over her shoulder before darting off as gunfire explodes behind her and lights up the apartment. The sulfurous smell of cordite choked the place. She bounded over a couch and an overturned table in one leap and ducked through the shredded remains of the door, sword in hand. There was only one body between the villain and Kyle's cowering form on the ground, and she intended to change that soon.

"Cavalry's arrived!" Skylark yelled, flinging the feather dart in her hand at the robed woman and following it up with a whirlwind of sword strikes.

I'm going to assume I can see where Pretty Deadly and Kyle are. Notice check just in case:
Notice check to see where Insurgent is (1d20+9=16)

Are the civilians from just now still in sight? :)

Move action: Into melee range of Insurgent

Standard action: Aid Pretty Deadly
Skylark passes the attack check against Defense 10 automatically with her +14 melee attack.
Pretty Deadly gets +2 attack vs Insurgent on her next turn
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gilliam » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 pm

ENFORCER

With little regard for his own defense Slam Dance grabs Enforcer by his front and snaps his head forward to head butt Enforcer "Come on matey dance time is over, how 'bout a prison kiss"

Slam Dance All Out Attack +/-5 again

Slam Dance Attack AOA 5 (1d20+9+5=33)

Nearly a critical just DC16 Toughness save though.

As Nighthawk is stunned it is now Enforcers turn then Armorine
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 am

Enforcer
HP: 1 (-1=0); Condition: Bruised x1, Fatigued

Enforcer turns at the last possible second causing the heat butt to miss his face completely. He spins around and bring down a wild but damaging blow to his opponent.

Toughness: 1d20+8-1=8
Yeah, IC hates me lately. HP to reroll means auto success.

AO/PA [5]: 1d20+12+5-1=18
Yep, thats pure hate right there. Since he AO'd. that might hit, so DC27 Toughness (Strike 4 + STR 4 + PA 5 - Fatigue 1)

Edit: Fuzzy pointed out that I forgot to subtract 5 for Power Attack. So that roll is a 13, not an 18.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:31 pm

ENFORCER

As Slam Dance’s head snaps forward, Enforcer turns his head and the attempted head butt rolls off his shoulder. Taking the opportunity Enforcer swings his quantum weapons and lands a powerful strike onto Slam Dances collarbone. With a gin that is becoming very tiresome, Slam Dance just shrugged off the blow “Need to get some fly spray as sure one just landed on my shoulder”

Okay firstly Slam Dances defence is only +2 this round so 13 does hit but Invisible Castle really doesn’t like Enforcer.

Slam Dance Toughness DC27 (1d20+9=29)

ARMORINE

“Typical man, no stamina” Armorine grumbles as she examines the silent Nighthawk. Coming to a decision she effortless picks up Nighthawk and threw him over her shoulder “time to go for a ride” as she moves over to the hole in the floor and jumps through it to the room below.

Looking round she sees the motionless body of Little Hawk and Gun Girl over to one side “You’re not that girl with the knives but here’s your friend. Catch.” as she grabs Nighthawk off her shoulder and with one hand throws him towards Gun Girl.

Firstly apologies to Badpenny for threating Nighthawk this way (have another Hero Point) and as I am not sure how this fits in the rules we will try and wing it.

With Armorine’s ranks in super strength she can easily lift a car so throwing Nighthawk across a room is no problem.

Gun Girl can make a Reflex Save DC17 to avoid being hit by Nighthawks body and will suffer no damage if she makes it. If she fails her reflex save or attempts to catch Nighthawk then Gun Girl will need to make a DC22 Toughness Save (non-lethal).

If Gun Girl catches Nighthawk then we will say that she cushions the impact and Nighthawk doesn’t need to make another save, otherwise Nighthawk will also have to make a DC22 Toughness Save (non-lethal)

Let me know if I have really stuffed it as easy to change.

Otherwise we are back to the start of Round 7 and Gun Girl is up.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby baixiwei » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Gun Girl
Conditions: injured -1, Fatigued; HP: 0

As Nighthawk flies through the air towards her, Gun Girl spins to the side, catching him and deftly redirecting his momentum into a downward spiral that ends with both landing lightly on the floor, a bit entangled but no worse for the wear.

"Didn't know you felt that way," she grins at the vigilante. She glances towards the hallway and then back at Armorine, wondering where her attentions are more needed. Kyle's out there, but it's two on one. They should be able to handle it, and we need to take this bitch down or she'll come after us.

Decision made, she springs from her back to her feet. "Caught. Now you try," she replies to Armorine. She squeezes off a quick shot as a distraction, then another one aiming for the weakest point she can find on the metal maiden.

OOC wrote:I'll immediately spend my HP to remove fatigue. Take 10 via Acrobatics Mastery to catch Nighthawk and put us both prone without injury. Take 10 via Acrobatics Mastery to instant up as a free action. Feint via Acrobatic Bluff as a move action, at a -5 penalty - I'll once again take 10 via Mastery so it's 10+16-5=21. If she fails to resist with Sense Motive or Acrobatics, she loses her Dodge against my next attack, which is: Power Attack for 5 with Drain Toughness. Attack roll: 1d20+15-5=16, well, probably hits only if the feint worked. If it hits, it's DC20 Fortitude and she loses 1 point of Toughness for each point by which she fails the save. It's Total Fade so the points probably won't come back before the fight is over.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:10 am

DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT

With pin point timing Gun Girl catches the flying Nighthawk and deftly redirecting his momentum into a downward spiral that ends with both lying unharmed on the floor.

"Didn't know you felt that way," she grins at the vigilante as she quickly wriggles free and then flipping to her feet fires off a quick shot near Armorine's head that causes the metallic woman to flinch and allowing Gun Girl to send a further stream of bullets towards Armorine's exposed knees. With sparks flying the bullets bounce off Armorine who starts to laugh.

Armorine Sense Motive save
Armorine Sense Motive DC21 (1d20+6=8)

and she is flat footed so the attack does hit but to no effect

Armorine Fortitude DC20 (1d20+6=23)

HALLWAY

Tripping over her own feet Pretty Deadly's knife attacks missed her robed opponent. "Maybe we could come to an agreement on this?" Aika said, standing between the woman and Kyle, "We already told you that we want to get some info from him and then we're done with them. Some of the goodie-goodies in my group won't want to give him away, but I can arrange to tell you when and who we hand him over to in the authorities... then you guys can ambush away, that is if there's anyone left upstairs after you went and attacked us..."

"Deal" says Insurgent as she considers Pretty Deadly's offer, "but deals with infidels are worthless so time to die" as she lungs forward with her dagger.

Insurgent Attack DC16 (1d20+6=21)

If it hits it is a DC16 Toughness Save (lethal) please.

Skylark bounded over a couch and an overturned table in one leap and ducked through the shredded remains of the door, sword in hand. There was only one body between the villain and Kyle's cowering form on the ground, and she intended to change that soon.

"Cavalry's arrived!" Skylark yelled, flinging the feather dart in her hand at the robed woman and following it up with a whirlwind of sword strikes.

Are the civilians from just now still in sight? :)

No civilians in sight.

Skylark is aiding Pretty Deadly so Pretty Deadly has a +2 bonus to her next attack.

Pretty Deadly is up and because Skylark is aiding then it will be Slam Dance then Nighthawk.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:36 am

Pretty Deadly
HP: 2 (now 1)

Aika shifted slightly, letting the knife skid harmlessly along the magically reinforced fabric of her fuku. Spinning in along the robed woman's arm and into her guard, she led with a pommel-strike to the temple, following with smashes from each of her knife-holding fists to the jaw and following up with good measure with a series of body-blows ending with an overhead smash into the robed woman's nose.
"Some people only understand violence," she said as she stepped back, bringing the knives up into a guard position, "So, have you got the message?"

OOC: Toughness save: (1d20+10-1=28)

Then, Acrobatic Bluff (Move Action, Repeat x1), Attack roll (Knife, PA 4): (1d20+15-5-1=26, 1d20+12-4+2=11) *goggles* Two ones for attacks... time for a Hero Point. Attack roll (HP Reroll, Knife, PA 4): (1d20+12+2-4=28) Just shy of a crit, but that will still hit for DC 27, +1 for every point above her defense up to +4 for DC 31. I'm going for non-lethal since Skylark is beside me.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 pm

HALLWAY

Taking advantage of Skylarks appearance that slightly distracted Insurgent, Pretty Deadly spins into the robed woman with a pommel-strike to the temple, following with smashes from each of her knife-holding fists to the jaw and following up with good measure with a series of body-blows ending with an overhead smash into the robed woman's nose leaving Insurgent bruised and bleeding but somehow still on her feet

Even if she made her Sense Motive roll that last attack roll is still too high to make any difference so

Insurgent Toughness DC31 (1d20+4=20)

Insurgent is now Staggered, Stunned, Bruised x2 & Injured x2 and it is actually a fail by 13 but she is still hanging on.

UPSTAIRS

With a manic grin on his face Slam Dance continues to ride his luck with an attempted double axe handle blow to Enforcer’s back. “Geez wayne we have nutting to worry bout if you are all the cops have”

Slam Dance Attack AOA +/-5
Insurgent Toughness DC31 (1d20+4=20)

And that is another critical for a DC21 Toughness Save.

Nighthawk is now up then Enforcer before we get back to Armorine
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room