Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hatters Heroes (IC 1) Big Problems in Big City

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Hatters Heroes (IC 1) Big Problems in Big City

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Captain Chaos

"I have an idea! What if I injure this boy's body enough to make the imp want to leave? would that work or would it just go into another body? Do imps have a weakness?"
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Who currently has the book? Reva could assume there would be some way to reverse the spell in the book or hinted at
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm

R'eva the Accursed
HP : 0
Condition : daring to be hopeful

"I have an idea!" Captain Chaos exclaimed, "What if I injure this boy's body enough to make the imp want to leave? would that work or would it just go into another body? Do imps have a weakness?"

"Imps have weaknesses - usually just being lower ranked and less powerful demonkin." R'eva stated, "Holy water and exorcisms usually work rather well against them if you can hold them still long enough.

As to whether the imp could jump to another body or willingly leave the one he's in at the moment ? I don't know ! Poorly cast spells are bad enough, but coupled with an imp's chaos magic ? Hard to say."

While she was rummaging around her memories to recall what she knew about imps, she realized that she had the apprentice's spell book. The sound of her facepalm echoed in the lobby.

"There may be a clue in here ..." she stated out loud as she mused,"There are ALWAYS loopholes somewhere. He may have accidentally closed a few of them by his incompetence, but he may have created even more !

An imp's greatest weakness is his greatest strength - an imp's chaos magic ruins everyone's plans. EVEN HIS OWN !

But I doubt he's going to just stand there quietly while I look for a way to foil his plans, so I'd suggest a pummelling to soften him up !"

Arcane Lore check on the spell book :1d20 + 12=17
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 pm

You find a disclaimer near the back of the book which says 'To reverse any spells that may go awry simply recite said spell backwards while dancing a jig, square dance, or salsa'
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SDarkshine » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Sherry
HP: 1
Condition: Fine – Upset at SOMEONE Trying to hit 'Her' Friends

While Sherry was a tad scared of R'eva, 'she' did not appreciate the possessed teen trying to hit 'her' newfound friend.

You meeeaaaannniiiieee!

Sherry elongated 'her free arm' (the one that WAS holding Fantasy Man) and aimed for the imp-in-teenage-clothing's mouth.

Ok, I apologize again for the haitus of my posting for this game. I was wondering where I could make an action; it took me a while to figure out that the imp tried to attack, and after re-reading it - ta-dah! Opportunity!

So, I planned to have Sherry use her elongation to grapple the teen's mouth, which is part one for what I have in store for this troublemaker! Question is, do I need to roll for anything? I have a Grapple Bonus of +8, but I don't know what number I'm trying to beat. Please let me know; I'll try to look it up.

Mr.Sandman wrote:You roll 1d20+ your grapple mod and he rolls an opposed check.

As of 10/27:
Alrighty, here we go! Thanks for the info!

Elongation Grapple Roll: 1d20+8=18
Meh, I dunno...but it's worth a try ^_^
Last edited by SDarkshine on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 am

Sherry easily catches the young man in her grip, there is no way he could move now, being trapped by both her and the captain.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 pm

R'eva the Accursed
Condition : annoyed

R'eva groaned at her usual bad luck.

" 'To reverse any spells that may go awry simply recite said spell backwards while dancing a jig, square dance, or salsa'.

Just great ! I don't know how to dance !"

"I got good news, and bad news." she stated to the team, "Any spell in this book can be undone. The bad news the spell must be recited backwards while dancing a jig, square dance, or salsa.

Anyone know how to do any of those ?"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Captain Chaos

"I'm afraid not. I used to be pretty good at doing the Hustle though. Do you think that would work?"
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby SDarkshine » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Sherry
HP: 1
Condition: Fine – Onto the next scene...

With the 'teen's' mouth caught in 'her' grasp (don't get any bad ideas, folks - keep it rated PG), Sherry proceeded to inject gelatin into his throat, activating the Nauseate effect as it reaches his stomach.

Upon hearing R'eva's inquiry, Sherry thought it over for a few minutes, before 'she' started 'jiggling'.

Is this what they call a 'jig'? My sister said that I do it often...

Do I attempt to roll for a DC 16, or does the imp-in-teen's- clothing try to beat that number?
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm

The boy does

The boy turns a rather obvious green and he clutches his stomach. As soon as you begin to jiggle his eyes widen and an odd black aura surrounds him.

That was hilarious enough to work. Take an HP.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SDarkshine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Sherry
HP: 2 (Wow! I can't believe that actually worked! Thanks!)
Condition: Fine – 'She' knew how to 'jig' after all.

Sherry stopped pouring nauseating jello inside the possessed teen. Like any overly curious observer, rather than back away from the teen (and the Captain grappling him), 'she' - still jiggling - watched the boy intently.

SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Prof Weird » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm

R'eva the Accursed
Condition : annoyed

R'eva quirked an eyebrow at Sherry. "Ohhhhkay then ! We might have a problem here." she stated, "The person reciting the spell must be the one doing the dance. I can recite the spell backwards, but can't dance; you can dance, but don't talk !"

She checked the book again - spells are notoriously literal. "Hmmm - it says I'd have to do a jig, square dance, or salsa. But it doesn't say the dance has to be done well !

So unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to try. This may NOT be pretty ... !"

So R'eva tried to move like Sherry did (as best she could - R'eva has bones) while reciting the summoning spell backwards.

"qaStaHvIs wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SljlaH qetbogh loD ! bortaS bIr jablu'DI'reH QaQqu' nay' !"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 am

With both of you dancing the dark aura spreads even farther from the boys body, corrupting things that it touches in odd ways. When the last word of the spell is recited he says, "Oh, haggis," and a purple and orange swirly thing appears behind him and sucks all the crazy into it. The boy collapses to the ground. Sherry is now holding a elderly man and a young bellhop.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Captain Chaos
Condition: Surprised

The good Captain was surprised that the combination of Sherry and R'eva dancing and reciting the spell seemed to have the desired effect. Not the young lad was on the ground and Sherry was holding an elderly man and the bellhop.

"Well done ladies! It seems as though you have broken the spell! Does this mean the imp thing is gone back to where it came from?"
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Prof Weird » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 pm

R'eva the Accursed
Condition : hopeful

"Well done ladies! It seems as though you have broken the spell! Does this mean the imp thing is gone back to where it came from?" Captain Chaos asked.

"I think so !" R'eva replied, noting that both Mr Agus and the bellhop had reverted to their true forms, "With the spell undone, there is nothing with sufficient power to keep him here."

R'eva's eyes start to glow deep red as she uses the Vision Mystical to look around and see how much errant magic remained.

This is just Detect Magic (Ranged, Acute, Extended 2, Radius); Noticeable
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room