Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hatters Heroes (IC 1) Big Problems in Big City

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Hatters Heroes (IC 1) Big Problems in Big City

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:39 am

"Using this boy to summon more of our brethren to cause massive amounts of chaos on earth. Do you wish to assist me?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:55 pm

R'eva the Accursed
HP : 0
Condition : Tweaked

R'eva tensed up when the possessed teen made that offer - his demeanor had gone from submissive to easy going and confident. NOT a good thing !

"Mortals can be such foolish creatures !" she grumbled to herself, "The story has unfolded the same way for thousands of years : a foolish mortal 'thinks' that all he has to do to control a powerful demon is say a few words he stole from a spellbook. The summoned demon takes control of his summoner. Much chaos and suffering ensues.

Great ! That means the twit responsible for all of this - Mr Agus' apprentice - is now a victim that must be saved !"

"WHY would anyone want to help you cause much chaos and confusion ?" she glared at the teen, "There is more than enough here already !

True, a little chaos is good - creative types like artists and inventors need it to get 'outside the box'.

But they then use order to bring something new into the world.

But you would bring NOTHING but chaos ! Nothing would ever get done ! There would be no point in making plans, because your randomness would ruin them !

True, YOUR plans are affected by your randomness as well, and so your 'plunge the world into chaos' plan would eventually be ruined too.

Key word 'eventually'. If your kind makes too much headway, there may not be a world left by the time your plan inevitably falls apart.

And the boys Upstairs aren't going to like this either !" R'eva stated, pointing heavenward, "If there are no rules, there can be no vices or virtues. No way to determine who goes where. Eventually, both Heaven and Hell would grind to a halt !

Now, I don't try to work with the lightsiders," she continued, flames swirling around her hand, "but if circumstances require it, I'll do it !"

With a few quick gestures, she fires a Soul Blast at the possessed teen !

R'eva is +8 to hit with the attack. Does DC17 vs Will if it hits.

1d20 + 8=14
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby SDarkshine » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Sherry
HP: 1
Condition: Fine – But Startled

Well, since we haven't heard from Fantasy Man yet, I'll improvise...

Sherry was slithering as fast as 'she' could to the main lobby, carrying Cold Ethyl, the chicken with Mr. Agus' mind, the octopus bellhop, and Fantasy Man - who is somewhat still fixated with his illusion. 'She' really didn't want to interrupt the former two's game of cards, however, 'she' figured that they would really want to see that the bad magician had been captured.

Sherry just made it to the lobby, taking about five steps towards Captain Chaos when 'she' suddenly saw R'eva blast some sort of flameball at the naughty teenager!

Eeeeee-wwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

That sight startled Sherry so much that 'she' dropped Mr. Agus and Fantasy Man! 'Her' primary arm sustained itself in holding on to Ethyl, and the octopus bellhop was pretty much suctioned to 'her'...
If someone who usually boasts goes silent, RUN! It means that they are about to hit harder.

SDarkshine's Character Builds
SDarkshine
Hireling
Hireling

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Captain Chaos

condition: Startled!

"Hey! Do you have to fry him? Can't you just make him say his name backwards or something to make him go away?"
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Prof Weird » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 pm

R'eva the Accursed
Condition : eh ?

"Hey! Do you have to fry him?" the Captain of Chaos asked, "Can't you just make him say his name backwards or something to make him go away?"

R'eva looked at him quizzically.

"Fry him ? With what ? That paltry little blast ? I could SLAP him harder than that !"

"That 'paltry little blast' is the best that I can do anymore !" she growled under her breath, "Ever since the Dark Lords demoted me to library retrieval duty !"

"And I seriously doubt getting him to say his name backwards would help - we'd have to know it first in order to trick him into saying it !"

She sighed. "And The Forces That Be have an odd sense of humor/justice in cases like this - demons aren't SUPPOSED to be easy to send back. That's why dealing with them is considered 'heroic'.

And I'm not even sure how MANY we're dealing with here !" she continued, gesturing towards the apprentice, "We heard from the chaos imp, but there is still the question of WHO the apprentice was trying to summon in the first place. THAT demon may or may not be lurking about somewhere.

ngaghlu' jai !! I HATE mucked up summoning spells ! They leave a hole between dimensions that can linger for a while. And there is no way of knowing what - or how many - might stumble through it."
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 am

Is captain still holding the kid?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 pm

My last action was to continue to hold the troublesome kid.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Than you will need to make the save vs the attack as well unless Reva has selective.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Mr.Sandman wrote:
Than you will need to make the save vs the attack as well unless Reva has selective.

R'eva's attack was just a simple, single target blast of rather low power, not an area effect.
Blast 2 (Alt Save : Will).
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Captain Chaos

Will save vs Reba's blast = 1d20+7=18
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Right, I was wrong

The boy takes the blast rather well, staggering back a bit against Captain Chaos "I am going to guess that is a no" He fires an beam of string at you from his hand which misses and turns a nearby wall into a well built stack of coconuts.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Captain Chaos

"Ooh, I love coconuts! But maybe making the wall out of coconuts is a bad idea. Wouldn't it kinda fall apart?"
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Prof Weird » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

R'eva the Accursed
Condition : :shock:

CaptainChaos wrote:Captain Chaos

"Ooh, I love coconuts! But maybe making the wall out of coconuts is a bad idea. Wouldn't it kinda fall apart?"

"Yes. Yes it would !" R'eva replied, stunned that a mere chaos imp had that sort of power, "Assuming, of course, he actually did transform the wall into coconuts - that apprentice was good at crafting illusions.

If he, the chaos imp,and whatever he summoned are 'stuck' together, we may be in a LOT of trouble !" she continued, walking over to the wall, then closing her eyes to carefully feel the wall.

Hopefully, the transformation was just an illusion, and she'll feel a flat wall.
Attempting to disbelieve - 1d20 + 8=20
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:44 pm

The wall is made of coconuts stacked in such a precise manner that it is as sturdy and strong as the wall that used to be there, but one being removed could prove disastrous.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:14 pm

R'eva the Accursed
Condition : :shock:

"Okay, something weird is going on here !" she groused to herself, "I don't recall imps ever having this sort of power ! Either to cast an illusion that fools the sense of touch, or to transmute so much matter at one time !

The SMART thing to do would be to give up ..."
she deduced, since her magic was too weak, and chaos renders knowledge IRRELEVANT (and that was pretty much all she had to offer), "Just admit that we are in WAY over our heads, have NOTHING that could foil his plot in any way, run away and call in the COMPETENT heroes !

After all, we ARE the 'Z' team. If you scraped the bottom of the hero barrel, you'd have to knock the barrel over and dig a ten foot deep hole to find us !

The only reason we're even involved is because all of the IMPORTANT heroes are elsewhere !"

"Anyone else have something resembling an idea about what to do now ?" she finally asked the rest of the team, "I'm fresh out !"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room