Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Freedom City Iron Age (OCC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (OCC)

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes, I'm good to move on.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm good to move forward.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby baixiwei » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Hey guys, I am in New Jersey now, electricity and internet have been intermittent for a while due to the hurricane, so there is a good chance I will be unable to post in any of my games for the next few days. Ironic for Incarnation! Anyway, I apologize for disappearing on you and please feel free to take control of my character if needed to move things along.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 am

Thanks for the update, hope everything works out for yourself and anyone else in that part of the world as the storm looks like it will be a nasty one.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Looking at Sky's sheet, I just realized that I seriously underpriced my feather blades at 3ep. Blast 2 (Mighty) should be minimum 5ep, and a more conservative interpretation would be 10ep (adding the Ranged extra to cover her STR damage). If it's okay, Gilliam, I'll owe you the remaining 7ep. If not, I'll just drop them until I get some pp. They were only ever a flavor weapon anyways. :)

I never thought I could find equipment expensive :shock:
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby badpenny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Ysariel wrote:Looking at Sky's sheet, I just realized that I seriously underpriced my feather blades at 3ep. Blast 2 (Mighty) should be minimum 5ep, and a more conservative interpretation would be 10ep (adding the Ranged extra to cover her STR damage). If it's okay, Gilliam, I'll owe you the remaining 7ep. If not, I'll just drop them until I get some pp. They were only ever a flavor weapon anyways. :)

Why not make one the AP of the other?
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Ysariel wrote:Looking at Sky's sheet, I just realized that I seriously underpriced my feather blades at 3ep. Blast 2 (Mighty) should be minimum 5ep, and a more conservative interpretation would be 10ep (adding the Ranged extra to cover her STR damage). If it's okay, Gilliam, I'll owe you the remaining 7ep. If not, I'll just drop them until I get some pp. They were only ever a flavor weapon anyways. :)

They should cost 7 EP, 4 EP for Blast 2 and then 3 EP for Ranged Mighty ranks. Or making it an EP works, although you wind up in that odd corner case where one could argue disarming the swords also takes out the throwing blades.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ysariel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:32 am

badpenny wrote:Why not make one the AP of the other?

Do you mean making the feather blades an AP of the sword? I'm trying to avoid arraying hard-to-remove stuff with easy-to-remove ones. I want to avoid the thorny issue over what happens to the darts if the sword gets destroyed. :)

And Fuzzy, I am still convinced they really cost 10ep. Sky has Str +3, with another Str +2 that is Limited: damage only. So the darts would really have to be built as Blast 2 (Mighty, Ranged 5) in order to add the full value of her Str-based damage (although I guess you could argue that however hard or precisely you throw a throwing blade, it isn't going to do damage 7... :))
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gilliam » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 am

Ysariel wrote: If it's okay, Gilliam, I'll owe you the remaining 7ep. If not, I'll just drop them until I get some pp. They were only ever a flavor weapon anyways. :)

That will be fine as they haven't really come into play yet. For the throwing blades a maximum damage of +5 seems more than fair enough.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 am

Ysariel wrote:And Fuzzy, I am still convinced they really cost 10ep. Sky has Str +3, with another Str +2 that is Limited: damage only. So the darts would really have to be built as Blast 2 (Mighty, Ranged 5) in order to add the full value of her Str-based damage (although I guess you could argue that however hard or precisely you throw a throwing blade, it isn't going to do damage 7... :))

Ah. I missed the extra damage. Nevertheless, that's only 9 EP since you only have to buy Mighty once for each point of Strength for a Ranged effect.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 am

Ysariel wrote:
If it's okay I might give Sky some extra complications here: Enemy (bullies) and Relationship (Ricky's friend).

There are not enough ways of making her life tricky :)

That is fine, the more complications the better :twisted:

FuzzyBoots wrote:Damn... I should have asked Nighthawk how he was dressing. I don't know if I even know what he looks like in civvies...

OOC: Disguise, Notice: (1d20+1=9, 1d20+6=9) Oof... if you'd prefer to think of it less of a disguise, treat that first roll as Bluff, or Perform (Acting). ^_^ Any way about it, she's less than fitting in.

It is safe to say that you are far enough away from the line that no one will notice you though I wonder :roll: ... anyway Nighthawk should be able to find you quite easily
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 am

^_^ Before I respond to Nighthawk, did we get anything about the drugs other than "somewhere in the club"?
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:24 pm

What you know is that this nightclub was one of the places that received a delivery from the META manufacturing warehouse before you closed it down. The info from Kismet states that this place is still known as a source of META whether that means there are stocks on site or it is a favourite haunt for META dealers you don't know.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ysariel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 am

I've rolled and added them to the post. I also hope this is allowed, but I changed Sky's action a little... she flies to the 2nd floor instead of going in through the rear door.

I can't believe I forgot I had wings :)

I had no problem waiting for baixiwei but thought it would be fun to let Sky go off alone and get into a little trouble on her ownsome. :mrgreen:
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 am

Investigating a large deserted mansion... I am getting a survival horror vibe so far from GG/Sky's side of this chapter. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room