Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Freedom City Iron Age (OCC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (OCC)

Postby baixiwei » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:19 pm

badpenny wrote:It's a classic comic book bit to have the heroes clobber each other when they first meet. We just griped at one another...not even coming to blows! That's pretty good! :D

Sure, fair enough, I just wanted to see whether the intention to cooperate more was there on the part of the players. Cuz I know that for some people inter-PC conflict is an enjoyable part of the game, and I wasn't sure whether that was the case here or not.

Ysariel wrote:Yes, it's supposed to be a team base. You can spend to upgrade it if you want, but if you want to wait, Sky's next pp is also going towards the base. :)

OK, I'll chip in a point of Equipment for the following additions to the base, subject to Ysariel & GM approval:

- Communications 1ep
- Computer 1ep
- Hangar for the Raptor 1ep EDIT: change to Infirmary
- Fire Prevention System 1ep
- Workshop 1ep cuz otherwise where is Skylark gonna use her Inventor feat?

Going to now revise in my build.
Last edited by baixiwei on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:14 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Gilliam wrote:Revised Nighthawk is finer too so just waiting for Pretty Deadly.

If you think this is going to be a more wide-scale campaign, I'm going to just bank her point in anticipation of eventually being able to upgrade her Variable Weapons Summoning.

Okay noted as to a wide scale campaign I am nervous about promising too much too soon.

Just double checking if anyone wants to follow up on Baixiwei's suggestion below

baixiwei wrote:
I also think it would be nice for some time to have passed since the first round. Maybe while we're waiting on new recruits, we could divide up into pairs or triads and narrate in a diceless way some of the things that have happened to us since the first adventure? I don't mind if we don't do this, though - it's just an idea.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ysariel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:27 am

That's a good idea. :mrgreen:
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 am

baixiwei wrote:OK, I'll chip in a point of Equipment for the following additions to the base, subject to Ysariel & GM approval:

- Communications 1ep
- Computer 1ep
- Hangar for the Raptor 1ep
- Fire Prevention System 1ep
- Workshop 1ep cuz otherwise where is Skylark gonna use her Inventor feat?

Going to now revise in my build.

Great! And thanks for the workshop. :mrgreen: However the base already has a hangar, so you might want to buy something else. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:01 am

I have no problem with molding Pretty Deadly to work with the team. :) The catch is unspoken assumptions, as it often is. I didn't even realize that certain members of the group tended toward non-lethal until their character vociferously stated as much.

So, are we basically just assuming that we're fire-forged friends and go from there?
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 am

I think it's the easiest way to go. We don't have to be close-knit, just recognize that we need each other. We don't even have to like each other, just as long as we don't work at cross purposes.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

I changed the Hangar to an Infirmary.

I think a nice quick way to do one or more between-story-stories is the Spirit of the Century character creation method. Basically, you decide who is in the story (default: all 4 of us), one person starts by writing (optional: a title and) one sentence of the story, then in any order each person in it contributes another sentence, with the last person ending the story with their sentence. So we get a short 4-sentence story that somehow involves all of us and we each have some control over how it goes.

I could start, but if no one likes this opening, feel free to ignore it and propose a new one.

The Well of Souls

When clues surrounding serial murders of Freedom City's homeless led Gun Girl straight to the city's wealthiest and most powerful, she knew it was more than she could handle alone.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 am

That was a great post, Gilliam! :mrgreen:

Now let's see... :)

baixiwei wrote:The Well of Souls

When clues surrounding serial murders of Freedom City's homeless led Gun Girl straight to the city's wealthiest and most powerful, she knew it was more than she could handle alone. Along with Skylark, the pair discovered that with META gone from the streets, criminal mastermind Lord Minamoto was turning to blood sacrifice to produce an army of youkai as super-powered enforcers.
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:32 am

Ysariel wrote:That was a great post, Gilliam! :mrgreen:

I agree. I think the whole newspaper shtick update/clue dropper is a classic and overlooked.

The Well of Souls

When clues surrounding serial murders of Freedom City's homeless led Gun Girl straight to the city's wealthiest and most powerful, she knew it was more than she could handle alone. Along with Skylark, the pair discovered that with META gone from the streets, criminal mastermind Lord Minamoto was turning to blood sacrifice to produce an army of youkai as super-powered enforcers. The preternatural use of blood drew Nighthawk to the pair, which now became a trinity of crimefighters working once again to rid the city of an evil element.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 am

The Well of Souls

When clues surrounding serial murders of Freedom City's homeless led Gun Girl straight to the city's wealthiest and most powerful, she knew it was more than she could handle alone. Along with Skylark, the pair discovered that with META gone from the streets, criminal mastermind Lord Minamoto was turning to blood sacrifice to produce an army of youkai as super-powered enforcers. The preternatural use of blood drew Nighthawk to the pair, which now became a trinity of crimefighters working once again to rid the city of an evil element. Pretty Deadly wasn't entirely happy to get dragged into this, but the same magical aura that drew the youma also drew the youkai spirits and while she grumbled about pro bono work, she still joined them in mowing down the creatures, glad to have a chance to engage in bloodlust without awkward arguments from her fire-forged team.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gilliam » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Nice, keep it coming :)

badpenny wrote:
Ysariel wrote:That was a great post, Gilliam! :mrgreen:

I agree. I think the whole newspaper shtick update/clue dropper is a classic and overlooked.

Thanks.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ysariel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:04 am

Gilliam, just to confirm but by now the characters have already solved the whole problem with Minamoto, right?
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Gilliam » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 am

Yes .. they have.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

Just checking if everybody has finished at Dennys and do you plan to meet each other at the next places or will you travel there together?
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 pm

If everyone's okay with it, I would like to move on to the attack. Travelling together sounds fine to me. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room