Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Freedom City Iron Age (OCC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Freedom City Iron Age (OCC)

Postby Gilliam » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Yes that is correct Enforcer and Slam Dance are in the original apartment and everybody else is in the apartment or hallway on the next floor down.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Oops, changing target to Armorine.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:27 am

Just like to say that I'm enjoying reading all your entries in and out of battle. I will look at getting a response from Kyle up tomorrow morning my time and yes he is terrified of both Nighthawk and Pretty Deadly.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 am

Ysariel wrote:Skylark

Hopefully nobody had been alerted by the din, or this was going to get a whole lot more interesting.

Would you believe that I completely forgot to have the fire alarm go off during Round 4 or 5 and the building start evacuating :roll:

We can safely say that at least 2 floors are aware of gun fire going off and Maxine & partner from the downstairs apartment have gotten away and maybe raised the alarm.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 am

As some of you may know we have now reached the end of the module that we have been going through and the last lot of posts are probably a good place to "fade out".

As I mention at the beginning this was my first attempt at GMing a M&M and I want to thank everybody for their contributions and their helpful suggestions which I greatly appreciated.

Overall I have enjoyed the experience and while I had only planned to run the "Bad Medicine" module I am tempted to try and continue if I can come up with a good enough adventure.

So I am asking subject to caveats and so forth if we do continue, are you the players interested in continuing as well with the same or different characters?

And once again thanks.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am

I'd be willing to move forward with it. We have an interesting mix of personalities. I do think we need a bit of motivation to stay together given how different we are (just look at the blend of ideas of how to deal with fighting the corporation), but that could be readily enough handwaved. :-P Heck, as long as Aika's getting paid, she'd plenty willing to play muscle for the group.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ysariel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 am

I've love to continue. Absolutely love to. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You did a wonderful job and we have completely awesome players.

In-character, it'd be a bit odd, though. The characters didn't seem to bond together particularly well. But apart from that I'd love to keep playing Skylark. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:37 am

While I have enjoyed the game for the most part, there are some issues with me continuing.

1. Don't like my build. He failed on every level. IC didn't help.

2. Enforcer would never stay with the group. In fact, given how the majority defaulted to lethal damage in the first battle with minions, I am not sure this is the kind of group I would be interested in playing with. No offense to any player, you all did good work with your characters; its just not the kind of game I really want to be a part of right now.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 am

I'm with kenseido in one regard: Nighthawk's build. PU. I'd want to play a different version.

I'm fine with the lethality and tone.

P
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 am

I enjoyed the game and thought the GMing was great. I'm a little ambivalent about continuing into a second adventure - I'm happy with the setting / tone and my character, but I'm not sure the group meshed very well. With the exception of Ysariel's character, who I think did a great job of interacting with everyone in a positive way, many of the group interactions were either absent or negative, which I have to admit I don't enjoy even if it makes sense it the context of the game.

I would be happy to continue despite this concern, but it would be ideal if we had some good way of getting all the characters to be more sort of on each others' side and to play off each other a bit more.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 am

I think that it would just take the agreement to do so. I think the game can work without us becoming a "team." Many of us (the characters) look at the world as us vs. them (potentially even including the cops), so now that we've "found each other" we could form a sort of alliance.

In a world of lethal attacks (and non-3E recovery time :twisted: ) it would make sense for us to more or less work together.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:30 am

I think I would be okay with continuing, but I would just need to play a totally different character. Get into a different mindset for this game.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby baixiwei » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 am

badpenny wrote:I think that it would just take the agreement to do so. I think the game can work without us becoming a "team."

Agreed, but I have to admit I don't like that kind of game nearly as much as the kind in which the players ARE a team.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 am

baixiwei wrote:Agreed, but I have to admit I don't like that kind of game nearly as much as the kind in which the players ARE a team.

I can understand that, but some'll have to shift. I don't think it's appropriate for this genre. We'd have to change genres to really justify everyone coming together as a team.

IMO.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Gilliam » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for your comments :) I will look at putting up a summary post or 2 to finish off and work on a couple of ideas and see what happens.

In hindsight I would have had handled the introduction differently so that some or all the characters had either worked with each other or at least knew of one another so that the team dynamic could have been easier to work but the "survival" concept can also work.
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room