Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Perfectibilists! [3E Villains' OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The Perfectibilists! [3E Villain OOC]

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:08 pm

If you are using Faust as an minor guest/npc villain, you could have him gate you out there by using a dimensional door...sends you to another plane, from which you can recuperate/move someplace else undectected. Because teleports can be traced via their magical signature, whereas planar movement is nigh impossible to track on account of the thousands of plane in the multiverse to choose from. Of course that would be up to Kevin, but just letting you know that you can use Faust as you wish.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Belial666 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 pm

That traceability is the reason the Greater Imprisonment spell is subtle 2 - flavor-wise it is too complicated to trace directly. Victims of Greater Imprisonment could still be traced if someone had senses of unlimited range that extended to all planes and through all barriers coupled with precognition and postcognition and enough mental speed to search that impossible number of worlds simultaneously.
Belial666
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:45 pm

dreamking89 wrote:I thought we were all teleported out?

We were moving to that - I apologize for the confusion, since I needed a semi-pause to resolve the airport scene with Essence via PM.

It was my thinking that with the gold in hand, the team was prepared to Teleport to Eidolon's fake movie set.

Edit: seems Willow wanted a few "parting shots" - just keep in mind the police presence is intensifying Downtown & it could also bring unaccounted for heroes down on the team. I'll have a more complete post for the Fed, Willow's attack results & the "movie set" soon ...
Last edited by Kevin_MacTaggert on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Prof Weird » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:
RedBstrd wrote:Since we're waiting to see what happens with Essence, I left my last two IC posts ambiguous regarding whether or not we had gotten away from the Fed. It seems like we should be able to teleport out without problem but I'm honoring GM authority on that matter.

Thanks. The crew should begin posting at the "movie set";

What would the shrunken gold weigh anyway :?: Going 1-for-1 (Shrink rank 17 vs. mass rank 17) means the entire mass of gold now weighs roughly 25 lbs. Since there's no RAW mechanic for Shrinking & mass, I'm open to suggestions ...

IIRC, 4 ranks of Shrinking shifts size 1 class back, so I'd guess that mass scales as well. So 17 Ranks of shrinking would shift size (and I'd guess mass) back 4 ranks (or 5, depending upon what one does with a quarter rank). Mass 17 (3.2 ktons) would shift back to a 'mere' 200 tons or so.

Still quite heavy, but well within what a Powerhouse or Paragon could lift.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Belial666 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 am

But is it within the "extra mass" limit of the teleport effect?
Belial666
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:29 am

Belial666 wrote:You sure want to edit the scene to have the scanners in the headquarters? I'd suggest an intermediate/secondary location where you go just to scan the gold before going to the headquarters.

The headquarters is designed to block any tracking, so we should be secure. Kevin has a PM with all of the security measures that Eidolon took.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 am

Prof Weird wrote:
Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:
RedBstrd wrote:Since we're waiting to see what happens with Essence, I left my last two IC posts ambiguous regarding whether or not we had gotten away from the Fed. It seems like we should be able to teleport out without problem but I'm honoring GM authority on that matter.

Thanks. The crew should begin posting at the "movie set";

What would the shrunken gold weigh anyway :?: Going 1-for-1 (Shrink rank 17 vs. mass rank 17) means the entire mass of gold now weighs roughly 25 lbs. Since there's no RAW mechanic for Shrinking & mass, I'm open to suggestions ...

IIRC, 4 ranks of Shrinking shifts size 1 class back, so I'd guess that mass scales as well. So 17 Ranks of shrinking would shift size (and I'd guess mass) back 4 ranks (or 5, depending upon what one does with a quarter rank). Mass 17 (3.2 ktons) would shift back to a 'mere' 200 tons or so.

Still quite heavy, but well within what a Powerhouse or Paragon could lift.

I did the math already here. If we use the 2e charts for mass, the bars would weigh 7 tons. If those charts are outdated and we have to rely on the weight figures in 3e under size categories, then the gold would weigh 70 tons.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 am

So 70 tons of gold now - looks like a job for Lithos!

I'll have more later - thanks everyone for ideas & input :)

IC Update:
- Essence moves to the "movie set" - she's Fatigued from the Power Stunt & can take a round to Recover ...
- The rest of the team is set to 'port to the set ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Nineofspades » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 am

Willow was also using her vines to help move the gold, and can be presumed to have resumed doing so after dealing with the police.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 am

Nineofspades wrote:Willow was also using her vines to help move the gold, and can be presumed to have resumed doing so after dealing with the police.

Noted & I'll have the next scene up today.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: 4-Color Villains! [3e Recruitment]

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:
Walking Dad wrote:Well, maybe time to finish my Light Control / light-speedster ...

PHOTONIC Pl 10

STR 0, STA 1, AGL 2/8, DEX 1, FGT 3, INT 4, AWE 2, PRE 0

Powers:
Energy Form: Enhanced Agility 6, Enhanced Defenses 13 (Dodge 4, Parry 9); protection 7, Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Immunity 10 (Light Effects); Insubstantial 3, Reaction, Variable Descriptor (Electromagnetic Energy) • 92 points

The 'Reaction' part bothers me: Reaction to what?

On second thought, reaction makes it just more complicate. I will make it free/sustained.

Walking Dad wrote:Life Support: Immunity 13 (Life Support, Critical Hits, Aging) • 13 points

Energy Powers: Array (37 points) • 40 points
• Energy Blasts: Ranged Multiattack Damage 12, Variable Descriptor (Electromagnetic Energy) • 37 points
• Deactivate Electronics: Burst Area Nullify Electronics 8, Broad, Simultaneous, Close • 1 point
• Transmit: Area Radio Communication 4 • 1 point
• Visual Dazzle: Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired, Disable, Unaware), Cumulative, Limited to vision • 1 point

Laser Constructs:
Many hands make easy work: Move Object 10 (Extras: Burst Area (+1), Perception Range (+1) Feats: Precise) • 41 points
Mobile: Summon Light Creature 5 (4 creatures, Horde, Controlled) • 1 point
Static: Create Light Constructs 10 (Continuous, Movable) • 1 point

I'd like the 'Energy Hands' power Limited to Routine actions, the 'Summon' effect wont work & I need his 'Energy Constructs' to be Sustained
Alright. I will remove the summon :cry: and make the requested changes.

Walking Dad wrote:Illuminate: Environment (Light) 4 • 8 points
Invisibility: Concealment (passive, Auditory, Olfactory, Visual) • 4 point
Energy Sense: Senses 5 (Detect Energy, Ranged; Infravision, Ultravision, Radius; Radio) • 6 points
Lightspeed: Flight 24, Movement 1 (Space Travel 1), Limited to while in Energy Form • 25 points

Moving at the speed of light seems more like Teleport than Flight ...

Other than the limit, this is exactly the same power as in the Light Power Profile. I would like to keep it this way.

Walking Dad wrote:Advantages:
Favored Environment (flying), Improved Initiative 4, Evasion, Luck 5, Ranged Attack 5, Uncanny dodge (sight)

'Flying' isn't an Environment, it's an action ...

Yes, as Belial666 pointed out, this should be "aerial".

Walking Dad wrote:Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+5), Expertise: Physics 5 (+9), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 9 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Energy Powers 2 (+8), Technology 5 (+9)

Offenses:
Initiative +8/+20
Energy Blasts +8, Ranged, Damage 12
Visual Dazzle +8, Ranged, Affliction 12
Unarmed +5, Close, Damage 0

Initiative should be +24 (8+16)

Thanks, will change it.

Walking Dad wrote:Defenses: Dodge 2/12, Parry 3/12, Will 10, Fort 10/Immune, Toughness 8

Abilities 26 + Powers 231 + Skills 15 + Advantages 17 + Saves 17 = 306 pp

work in progress (character is based on Lightmaster & Photon)

I will try to do a background before finishing the rest, as this is usually the hardest part for me ...

I like the concept, just needs mild revision.

Thanks!!!
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Mild posting today ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind