Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Perfectibilists! [3E Villains' OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The Perfectibilists! [3E Villain OOC]

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Has anyone expressed interest in joining since the "Lies of Freedom" game sprung up?

What sort of villain would fill a niche here?

The team could use a Powerhouse/Paragon (just one) & maybe a niche Mystic (Cheshire already has the Illusionist niche)

Enigmatic is on board with Precision, WalkingDad is considering a Paragon/Psychic, MrMellow pitched a Mimic & Sriseru pitched a lizard/human hybrid.

If new players are considering joining, I need the build quickly, as the current team is moving very fast & I'll need the new PCs for the next chapter. Thanks for your interest :D

To all players, again, I'd like all dice rolls posted OOC, rather than IC. Thanks :wink:

Edit: Recant; wherever you post a roll is okay, but I need a post with the roll.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 pm

You know, my creative process for a villain is already tainted by my concept for Lies of Freedom. I'm afraid if I'm going to stat up a villain, it's going to have to be my... what-ever-the-hell-he-is concept for that. I don't think the character would really work well in a different setting.

...I also didn't realize that there were other submissions, so that's cool too.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Lord Fell wrote:You know, my creative process for a villain is already tainted by my concept for Lies of Freedom. I'm afraid if I'm going to stat up a villain, it's going to have to be my... what-ever-the-hell-he-is concept for that. I don't think the character would really work well in a different setting.

...I also didn't realize that there were other submissions, so that's cool too.

You're an excellent gamer, Lord Fell, so I'd make space for any submission you posted. I'm embracing ALL the villainous concepts here, so if you want in - post whatever PC you want to run.

Edit: Posted IC - the team is moving to the Vault ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Streetwise Roll - for pre-game shenanigans:
1d20+9=23
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Hmn... If i were to categorize the mystic to a niche, I would say that he was a dabbler, and would fit the generalist niche. the sort of batman-type wizard, with an arsenal of useful spells for every occasion. However, I would see him as a cool, calm plotter, who would use guile and enchantments to get his way, or use sheer power and intimidation to force people to do what he wants. I feel he would be focusing mainly combat spells, using battlefield controls and Area of Effect powers to basically rip and shape the battlefield as he sees fit, and use terrain and spells to his advantage. Think precision placed fireballs, rolling banks of mist, homing magic missile blasts, disintegration blasts, earthquakes, shaping the stone of the walls to protect and make barriers, or disrupt the battlefield by ripping up earth or carving it to make canals to divert lava flows through from the magma he conjures to the earth's surface, etc.

I also hope you don't mind if I use this spot to work on my build.

Background:
Arthur 'Thin-kid' Brooks was a scrawny street brat from the Fens, one of the mangiest and scummiest places in Freedom City. His father, a drunk, ran out on his mother when she was pregnant, and Arthur's mother died in childbirth, living only long enough to give her child a name. Arthur was raised in an orphanage in the Fens, but he ran away from the place when he was about 8 when some of the older kids had beaten him up and almost got him killed. He started to live on the streets, looking out for himself. He would steal food from trashcans, and lived inside am empty trash container in a forgotten alleyway in the city, one that the trash collectors seemed to forget about. He survived, somehow, even when he went days without food or clean water. He was a resilient one, and the other bums and vagabonds of the city called him 'Thin-kid'. Arthur managed to live to his 15th birthday, on luck, and the sheer determination to not die. He promised himself that he would not die, having seen enough death in the streets as people killed each other over the pettiest of things. He would not die. He slowly became a raving lunatic, and Arthur 'Thin-kid' soon became known one of those 'wierdos' that the bums and vagabonds of Freedom City made a point to avoid. Not that he was particularly dangerous, but seriously creepy. However, people ended up running into Arthur, and unfortunately for them, they made him mad. It was a bunch of criminals, having just robbed a bank, and were making their way through the city, trying not to get caught by Freedom's supers. They rushed into Arthur's alley, and spotted the large trash container. They threw open the hatch, and peered inside, and found Arthur's tiny little home. They climbed in, and hide there, not knowing that this trash container was a bum's house, and when Arthur came back, and found men sleeping in his trash container, the lunatic was hopping mad. He attacked the burglars with his bare hands, and the thieves shot him at point blank in retaliation. Arthur staggered back, clutching at his chest, and fell to the city streets, blood spilling into the puddles of the rainy alley way. The burglars, believing they had just killed a bum, took off, never looking back. If they had, they would have been surprised to see the bullet pop itself back out of Arthur, and the wound heal as the bleeding stopped and the flesh started to grow back in place. After a few seconds, Arthur gasped air, sucking in the cool Freedom City air, spitting out the rain that fell in. He sat up, dusting himself off, when he noticed that his hands and clothes were then soaked in blood. He screamed, and spent the next few days in his trash container, rocking slowly back and forth, terrified by what had happened. He questioned what was wrong with him, when he remembered that this was Freedom City, where the super's thrived. He wondered if he had powers too. He had to test them out. He tried to cut himself with a rock, and found his flesh just healed itself. He threw himself off a building' roof and broke his spine, only to have it lock itself back in place seconds later. He tried getting run over by a car, only to see that his body would heal any wound it took. He was thrilled. He wondered how much better his life would be if he couldn't be injured. He pictured himself robbing banks, with the guards shooting their bullets at him, uselessly, as he regenerated on the spot. He giggled as he thought of what would happen if he got into a fight with some of the gang leaders, had them try to kill him, only to find that he regenerated from every wound, healed every damaging punch they threw, spit out every bullet they fired into him, grew back every limb they tore off. But the nagging doubt crept into his mind. What if they actually killed him? Could he actually die? He didn't like the thought of dying, but he could not perpetrate any crimes if he didn't know if they could actually kill him. Was he only able to regenerate? Or did he have stronger powers, could he come back from the dead? He had to know. He plotted his own death, his own insanity driving him to the brink as he figured out the best way to test if he could truly die. He broke into a department store in the dead of night, and stole some piano wire. He took the wire, and tied it around his neck, and the other end around the post at the top of an apartment building. He then stepped off the roof, and fell, the piano wire cutting his head clean off his neck, both falling and hitting the ground at the same time. Thunk Arthur was not dead. He was not on the ground, his bones putting themselves back together. He was somewhere else. The light was dimmed and greenish blue, the ground was not cold, but firm, and cobblestone. The landscape was dark, and foggy, and all Arthur could see was a pathway of cobblestones, extending before him and behind him, curving and twisting, parts of it covered in the eerie mist, and he could hear the constant whine of the wind. He saw that land was hilly and wild, and the trees had no leaves, and the branches leered like hands, reaching and grasping. Unnerved, Arthur rushed down the path, hoping to find a way back, or atleast learn where he was. He knew that this was not Freedom City, and he feared he was dead. He didn't know that he hadn't actually died, and his soul had shifted itself to another plane, but he was scared, and already a little off in the head, and he just wanted to find answers. So he rushed down the mossy cobblestone road, tattered shoes making a rough clack as he ran. He saw a bright yellow light in the distance, and he rushed for it, hoping to find life in this dark and bleary place. He approached the light, and found a grand town, not very large, but with tall, ornate buildings in some strange style, with tall spires and creepy crooks, and humanoid figures strolling about. He thought they were people, until he noticed that their eyes had no pupils, but were a solid color, and their hair was all white and grey, with the occasional black, with long pointed ears, and graceful demeanor, as they glided, not making a sound on the cobblestone paths, whisking themselves to and fro in the phantasmagorical town. He tried to talk to one, but as he reached out to touch it, the thing pulled back in horror. It spoke, and surprisingly Arthur understood it. It cried out that there was an otherworlder here, and Arthur found himself being led off to the center of the town, where an ornate open air meeting place was, with a small creek moat surrounding a round place, with bridges to reach the raised surface, and pillars that held a domed roof with a hole at the top. There he met a council of elders, who were tasked by the others to determine Arthur's fate. The council questioned Arthur, asking him where he was from, how he got here, and Arthur explained. He described how he learned of his abilities, and how he tried to test them out, and ended up here. The elders were surprised, and decided that the human was an interesting specimen, and decided to see what else he was capable of. They learned many things. The town council of this strange realm were powerful magicians, capable of great feats of power, and used their magic to inspect the human. To their surprise, they found that he had been born with immortality, and could not die. To be precise, they learned that if Arthur could not regenerate from a wound, and truly died, then his soul would instantly reform on another plane of existence, and he would be able to live on the other plane, and if Arthur managed to find his way back home, he would be able to live normally there. They were intrigued, and decided to inspect the human more. He stayed with these strange creatures, who he learned were called by Earth's mystics as the Elder Gods, as a guest, and a research subject. The Elders wondered why such a person gifted with immortality would not reform on his own world, but instead be shifted to another. They ran mystic tests and tried to peer into Arthur's soul, and learned that Arthur was not simply immortal, but capable of powerful magic. They decided to see if Arthur had the capability to learn Elder magic, and taught him various spells and incantations and rituals. Magic is strange, and few are as strange as Arthur Brooks, who came to find that Elder God Magic became second nature to him. He was comfortable with it, and soon grew to become a powerful mage. The Elders were ecstatic, and the violent and capricious beings wondered yet one more thing. After teaching the human, who had decided to take on a new name while under their care, the secrets of Elder magic and taught him how to reshape reality with magic, they wondered how well the human would fare in combat against one of the Elder Gods. They forced the human, who now went by the name Prospero Faust, to fight against an Elder warrior, a fight to the death. Prospero put up a valiant effort in the fight, and wowed many of the Elders with his magical prowess, but the Elder warrior was the better fighter, and soon slew the human. Prospero found himself on another plane, and decided that it was a good thing he had escaped. He spent a few decades wandering the planes, when he finally wondered what it would be like if he went back to his old home, and saw his old city, Freedom City. He thought about his old fantasies, of taking what he wanted, and living a lavish life. He now had the magical means, and the determination to take what he wanted. Who knew, he might meet some interesting people along the way. He had always wondered what it would be like to have a bunch of women fawning over him, and the feel of driving a convertible, or dining on the roof of a skyscraper with a beautiful woman as he ate expensive foods with golden utensils. He wondered what it would be like to live a life of crime, and prosper. He thought to himself, "Why Not?"

Prospero Faust

Abilities: 56
STR 0
STA 0
AGL 3
DEX 4
FGT 6
INT 6
AWE 6
PRE 3

Skills: 26
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+9)
Deception 5 (+9)
Expertise: Arcane 14 (+20)
Expertise: The Multiverse 4 (+10)
Insight 8 (+14)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat 4 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+10)
Stealth 6 (+9)
Treatment 1 (+7)

Advantages: 3
Power Attack
Ritualist
Trance

Powers: 139
The Sight 4p
. . Senses 4 (Magical Awareness, Acute, Radius, Extended)
Immortal Reign 16p
. . Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Starvation&Thirst)
. . Regeneration 10
. . Immortality 1
Elder God Magic 89
. . Magic Array (58p array)
DBE: Elder Bolts Blast 12 [extras: Multiattack; feats: Homing 12, Penetrating 10]
DAE: Brainwashing Affliction 14 (Will resists; Dazed/Compelled/Transformed Mentally) [extras: Range(Perception), Cumulative]
DAE: Telepathy Mind Reading 12 Linked: Communication 5 (mental)
DAE: Elder Magic Wave Damage 10 [extras: Area(Cone), Selective]
DAE: Astral Projection Remote Sensing 20 (all visual, hearing) [feats: Dimensional 3; flaws: Physical Body is Defenseless]
DAE: Mental Hijack Mind Control 12
DAE: Stun spell Affliction 10 (Will resists; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) [extras: Range(Perception), Cumulative]
DAE: Grasp of the Elder God Snare 14 [Feats: Reversible]
DAE: Elder Creations of the Gods Create 12 [extras: Movable, Selective, Stationary; feats: Innate, Precise]
DAE: Elder Hands Move Object 12 [extras: Range(Perception)]
DAE: Shape the World Move Object 14 [extras: Area(Shapeable), Range(Perception); feats: Increased Mass 5, Precise; flaws: Limited(Available Materials)]
. . Elder Spell Lore Variable 1 [extras: Action 2]
Mystic Body 30p
. . Mystic Speed Enhanced Dodge 8, Enhanced Parry 2
. . Mystic Force Strike 5 [feats: Accurate 3]
. . Warded Form Protection 8
. . Levitation Flight 2

Defenses: 14
Toughness 8
Dodge 11
Parry 8
Fortitude 6 (6p)
Will 14 (8p)

Combat:
Attack +9 unarmed, +14 Mystic Force
Damage +0 unarmed, +5 Mystic Force
Initiative 4

Abilities 56 + Skills 26 + Advantages 3 + Powers 139 + Defenses 14 = 238 PP

Complications
Motivations: Thrills ~ Ever since he learned of his powers, Prospero Faust has been using them. He relishes in his immortality, and continually seeks new experiences and delights. Of course, the thrill of doing wrong also sets his mind alight. Evil draws him in like a moth to the light, and he enjoys the ride. Besides, he feels that if he dies, he can just go on an adventure through the planes till he finds his way back to the City again.
Motivations: Avarice ~ Faust grew up poor, an orphan on the streets, with the potential of magical prowess, and an incredibly immense intellect. He almost starved to death as a child on the underbelly of Freedom City, as he was growing up in the Fens. But now he has the power to get what he wants, he will, and lusts for more. Whether this be money, power, women, you name it, he wants it.
Quirk: Eccentric Lunatic ~ Faust is a slave to his own whims, and is prone to be cruel, uncaring, and altogether unpleasant. This tends to be termed as insanity, but to Faust, who spent years, nigh an eternity, in the realm of the elder gods, you tend to have a skewed way of looking at things. This leads to him committing heinous crimes and atrocities to get a vegeburger from the fast food restaurant across the street, for example.
Quirk: Never Really Dead ~ Whenever Faust dies, he is sent to another plane, from which he must escape. However, if he does find his way back to the plane he 'died' on before the 2 weeks it takes him to 'come back to life', he gains the 'undead' descriptor, and is thus considered so, and is capable of being swayed by those that hold power over the dead. Once the two weeks are up, Faust is no longer considered 'dead' on the plane, and is considered 'alive'.
Reputation: Mage that Never Dies ~ Faust has gained a bit of a rep among the 'arcane inclined' for his fantastical feats of rejuvenation and growth. Few understand that when he comes back from the dead, he isn't actually resurrected, but walking back to the mortal coil from another plane. Of course, that still makes it hard for some of the other mystics to like him, because he breaks some of the rules of life and death.
Quirk: Never Sure Where He'll End Up ~ Whenever Faust 'dies', he never knows where he will end up. The plane on which his soul is sent upon his death is usually very random, as the multiverse tries to punish his soul for its crimes. Of course, things don't go very well as Faust isn't ever actually dead, so the multiverse instead just throws him somewhere random. Of course, Faust is a gifted magician, and he eventually finds his way back across the planes...Eventually.
Last edited by kenmadragon on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 14 times in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Hmn... If i were to categorize the mystic to a niche, I would say that he was a dabbler, and would fit the generalist niche. the sort of batman-type wizard, with an arsenal of useful spells for every occasion. However, I would see him as a cool, calm plotter, who would use guile and enchantments to get his way, or use sheer power and intimidation to force people to do what he wants. I feel he would be combat focused, using battlefield controls and Area of Effect powers to basically rip and shape the battlefield as he sees fit, and use terrain and spells to his advantage. Think precision placed fireballs, rolling banks of mist, homing magic missile blasts, disintegration blasts, earthquakes, shaping the stone of the walls to protect and make barriers, or disrupt the battlefield by ripping up earth or carving it to make canals to divert lava flows through from the magma he conjures to the earth's surface, etc.

An offensive-focused wizard would be interesting. Let's see a build ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Prof Weird » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Well, if its power ye need, behold this monstrosity from my Legion of the Lost folder :

Lithos, PL 10 variant , unlimited PP, Powerhouse Elemental (Total : 222 pp)
Hair : Long, black
Eyes : brown
Height : 6' 0" (human), 11' 4" (stone form)
Weight : 120 lbs (human form), 1600 lbs (stone form)
Known family : mother, father (both estranged)
Alternate form : looks like a giant woman carved out of volcanic glass, with glowing red eyes, with a vortex of glowing dust and obsidian shards constantly swirling around her.
Concept : car thief, now Toxic Earth Elemental

Abilities : STR 12/2 AGL 1 FGT 4 AWE 1 STA 12/2 DEX 2 INT 1 PRE 2 [ 30 pp]

Powers : Alternate Form (Living Stone) ; Activation : Move ( -1 pp) total : 128 final

Earth Control : Move Object 12 (Perception +1, Earth/stone only -1); Precise, Subtle. Objects moved have her chemical signature (the crystals she controls embed themselves in whatever she is trying to move) [25 + 6 pp]
    AP : Blast 12, Variable Descriptor 2 (bludgeoning, impaling, or slashing. Chemical signature.)
    AP : Blast 12, Indirect 2 (from ground, any point away from Lithos. Chemical signature.)
    AP : Create 8 (Continuous +1); Precise. Objects composed of a slightly toxic (and easily identifiable) material, so has a chemical signature.
    AP : Erosion (Weaken Toughness 10; Cone Area +1, Affects Objects +1, Distracting -1. Based on the same chemicals as her Create power, leaves a 'calling card' when used.)
    AP : Petrify 12 (Affliction; Fort resist; Dazed and Hindered/Stunned and Immobile/Transformed and Unaware; Extra Condition +1, Cumulative +1, Grab-based -1. Lithos infuses victim with chemicals that catalyze crystallization, so leaves chemical signature.)
    AP : Entomb (Snare 8 - Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Extra Condition, Limited Degree; Dodge resist, hindered and vulnerabe/defenseless and immobilized. Chemical signature.)
Sinkholes and Tunnels : (Burrowing 8, Ranged +1); Subtle 2; Quirk : Chemical signature [ 18 pp]
    AP : Leaping 10
Growth 4 (Permanent +0*) [ 8 pp] - gain STR 4, STA 4, -2 Dodge, -2 Parry, +2 Intimidation, -2 Stealth
Enhanced Dodge +2, Enhanced Parry +2 (crystals swirling around her form small shields that materialize and disappear at need) [ 4 pp]
Enhanced STR 6, STA 6, Power Lifting 4 (All Permanent +0*) [ 28 pp]
Impervious Toughness 12 [ 12 pp]
Variable Descriptor 2 (unarmed Damage - bludgeoning, impaling, cutting) [2 pp]

Powerhouse STR damage Array (12 pp available)
[ 5 pp here]
Base : Groundstrike [Area Damage 10 (Limit : ground contact -1)] 1 pp
    AP : Shockwave [Cone Area Damage 10; Area+1, Distracting -1] 1 pp
    AP : Bone Rattler [Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resist with Fort; Vulnerable/ Stunned/ Incapacitated; Area +1; Distracting -1 ] 1 pp
    AP : Debraining Slap : Affliction 12 (Fort Resist; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)
    AP : Quicksand [Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resist with Dodge; Hindered and Impaired/defenseless and Immobile; Extra Condition +1, Limited Degree -1, Cumulative +1, Area +1, Limit : target's weight supported by ground -1, Distracting -1)]
Supersenses : Tremorsense (Ranged, Acute, Extended Touch (Quirk : only if on same surface) [ 3 pp]
Immunity 26 (Disease, Poison, Suffocation, Starvation/Thirst, need for sleep; Cold Damage (Limit : half effect), Fire Damage (Limit : half effect)) [ 16 pp]

* Permanent - Petra cannot turn these off, nor use extra effort with them. Can be nullified (since not Innate), and they shut off when whole Alternate Form power deactivated.

Advantages : Accurate Atk, Connected, Ultimate Effort (Toughness), Improved Grab, Second Chance (Vehicle checks), Ranged Atk 6, Interpose, Fast Grab, Improvised Tools, Skill Mastery (Vehicles), Improved Hold [ 16 pp]

Skills : Expertise (Streetwise) 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+6), Perception 5 (+6), Expertise (Criminal : Car thief) 8 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+8/+10), Deception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8), Tech 4 (+5), Stealth 6 (+7/+5), Vehicles 10 (+12) [ 30 pp]

Defenses : 18 pp (Dodge 8, Parry 8, Will 8, Tou 12, Fort 12)

Abilities 30 + Powers 128 + Advantages 16 + Skills 30 + Defenses 18 = 222 pp

Complications :
Motivation : Greed. Used to be poor, now tries to have as much as she can. Spends money faster than she can acquire it.

Thrills : she enjoyed acquiring and driving fast cars before; now, she's tough enough to face anything ! Bit of a prankster, prone to excessive displays of force - once, the DMV refused to give her an extension on her license. So, later that night, she just stacked as many cars on the roof and in front of the entrances and exits to the facility as she could find. Cost them almost a million to repair, and inconvenienced thousands of people for weeks !

Bitter : back home, the 'hero' who turned her in to the authorities was an even bigger crook than she was ! So she figured that everyone is working an angle of some sort, and presumes that the 'heroes' are just as larcenous as she is ("Everyone wants to remake the world in their image, but at least the villains are up-front and honest about it !") Prefers to 'teach supers a lesson' any chance she gets.

Weakness : vibratory attacks. Since her alternate form is crystalline, vibrations harm her a bit more than usual (all vibratory weapons are +2 against her).

Background :
Petra grew up in Miami, and was always annoyed at seeing all that fancy stuff her family would never be able to afford. So she began stealing at a very early age - after all, the ONLY reason someone owns fancy stuff is to show off just how great and wonderful they were !

And no one was really that great. And besides, her victims could OBVIOUSLY afford to lose or replace anything Petra could ever steal. After all, if someone has five cars, would they really miss Petra stealing one or two ?

She found the best payoff was with vehicles - so many fancy cars and boats, so many unscrupulous mechanics willing to pay for whatever 'spare parts' she could provide.

And since most of her victims were insured, they could get BETTER stuff for her to steal at a later date !
Her parents tossed her out when she was eighteen (one arrest too many), and refused to have anything more to do with her until she cleaned up her act.

She never did.

About two years ago, she was buying new clothes almost every other week - they kept getting too small ! She had grown a full foot in over a month, but didn't figure out why until later. It seemed the chop shop she was working for used to be a warehouse for hazardous waste storage, and a few barrels buried there illegally had been leaking small doses of mutagenic vapor for weeks. The chemicals had interacted with proteins in her body to produce tiny crystals she could control with her mind - they could dredge up and shape vast quantities of normal earth, 'grow' inside other folk, and all sorts of useful things.

SHE had gained mutant powers over earth and stone; the rest of the people working there didn't fare as well.

She now had the power to take whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. And no one could stop her. Or figure out who she really was, given that her stone form was much larger and didn't look anything like her human form.

And so her reign of burglaries and break-ins continued unabated for almost a year, until everything went south. Somehow, a few supers found out who she was and arrested her.

Turns out that one of her accomplices had tossed her 'under the bus' to make himself look good ! The populace thought he was a hero, when he was a bigger crook than she was !

It was then she figured out that everyone has an angle, and decided to give any uppity, self-righteous 'heroes' that crossed her path a quick lesson in pain.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm thinking of submitting a mystic but want to ask a few questions first. In your setting information you say that superpowers/super-science did not come around until the 21st century - does that hold for magic as well? Or have supernatural powers been around for far longer? Essence's background gave me the impression of the latter, but I wanted to confirm it with you.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 am

If he's still feeling bloodthirsty, Jack is welcome to perform a coup de grace on the captain if he wishes. Neither Eidolon nor Tyrannosaur will object. :twisted:

Having the possibility of him return later, with cybernetic parts or something from his beat down, might be fun though.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 am

Well, I really like the element powerhouse submission. As only one paragon/powerhouse is searched for, I'm stepping out unless another niche needs dire filling with not enough interest in it.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 am

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:
kenmadragon wrote:Hmn... If i were to categorize the mystic to a niche, I would say that he was a dabbler, and would fit the generalist niche. the sort of batman-type wizard, with an arsenal of useful spells for every occasion. However, I would see him as a cool, calm plotter, who would use guile and enchantments to get his way, or use sheer power and intimidation to force people to do what he wants. I feel he would be combat focused, using battlefield controls and Area of Effect powers to basically rip and shape the battlefield as he sees fit, and use terrain and spells to his advantage. Think precision placed fireballs, rolling banks of mist, homing magic missile blasts, disintegration blasts, earthquakes, shaping the stone of the walls to protect and make barriers, or disrupt the battlefield by ripping up earth or carving it to make canals to divert lava flows through from the magma he conjures to the earth's surface, etc.

An offensive-focused wizard would be interesting. Let's see a build ...

I like the looks of the wizard, but I need any kind of "earth-related" effects limited to damage only - Willow has the "earth/plant" mastery niche covered. Also, the Mind Control effect stands out - I need the Psychic niche left open, just in case we get a true Psychic.

Otherwise, looks great so far.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 am

Prof Weird wrote:Well, if its power ye need, behold this monstrosity from my Legion of the Lost folder :

Lithos, PL 10 variant , unlimited PP, Powerhouse Elemental (Total : 222 pp)

I like the idea, but as with the submitted mage above, I need the "Earth Control" niche left open for Willow - have plant & earth control bumps heads too much for this game. If you can shift that aspect, Lithos could work. Thanks for the submission.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am

Ysariel wrote:I'm thinking of submitting a mystic but want to ask a few questions first. In your setting information you say that superpowers/super-science did not come around until the 21st century - does that hold for magic as well? Or have supernatural powers been around for far longer? Essence's background gave me the impression of the latter, but I wanted to confirm it with you.

I should adjust that: the thread started as a forum brainstorm, then became this game.

The setting has superhumans existing since ancient times, so you can pretty much shape your PC Backstory as you like.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 am

RedBstrd wrote:If he's still feeling bloodthirsty, Jack is welcome to perform a coup de grace on the captain if he wishes. Neither Eidolon nor Tyrannosaur will object. :twisted:

Having the possibility of him return later, with cybernetic parts or something from his beat down, might be fun though.

(((Tucking the idea away))) :twisted:
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:19 am

Walking Dad wrote:Well, I really like the element powerhouse submission. As only one paragon/powerhouse is searched for, I'm stepping out unless another niche needs dire filling with not enough interest in it.

With the loss of Belial666 & BS Digital Q, I wanted two more for the team.

Then, I could fill two formerly NPC slots with two PC submissions (I already have EnigmaticOne, MrMellow & Sriseru on that group, although we might not get SriSeru or MrMellow soon enough).

So we could use, altogether, FOUR MORE villains. The current cast is posted on the OP/OOC page one & again, I need new submissions to mind the niches current players are already filling. What we could use;
- Powerhouse
- Paragon
- Psychic
- Construct
- Mystic
- Energy Projector

Powers that should be avoided;
- Earth/Plant control (Willow)
- Super-Genius (Eidolon)
- Illusions (Cheshire)
- Teleportation (Jack/Cheshire)
- Battlesuits (Eidolon)
- Weapon-Mastery (Precision)
- Regeneration (just be careful with this one)
- Immortality (Jack)
- Precognition & Time Control/Travel

Any questions/comments, just post OOC/PM me & thanks for your interest :wink:
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room