Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Perfectibilists! [3E Villains' OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The Perfectibilists! [3E Villain OOC]

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:25 pm

dreamking89 wrote:If the anti-teleportation device in the vault is still on, would Cheshire Cat be able to "feel" that his teleport power doesn't work?

All Fed tech is disabled, per Eidolon's plan, so Teleportation is enabled

The Federal Reserve bank of Freedom City is defenseless against the villains, other than what the security forces can do.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 pm

dreamking89 wrote:If the anti-teleportation device in the vault is still on, would Cheshire Cat be able to "feel" that his teleport power doesn't work?

It's not that it's off; Eidolon controls the anti-teleportation device through his nano-tech. He can keep out others but permit the team to teleport - presumably.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:44 pm

RedBstrd wrote:

It's not that it's off; Eidolon controls the anti-teleportation device through his nano-tech. He can keep out others but permit the team to teleport - presumably.

Exactly: Eidolon controls site technology
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:
RedBstrd wrote:

Exactly: Eidolon controls site technology

To be perfectly explicit, Eidolon does want it so that Vanguard can't teleport in.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 am

It's a DC30 Tech check for Eidolon to engage & alter the Anti-teleportation field, meaning no one can 'port in but the team can 'port out.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:36 am

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:It's a DC30 Tech check for Eidolon to engage & alter the Anti-teleportation field, meaning no one can 'port in but the team can 'port out.

Ok, when he has an action available, he'll hack it.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Noted, Red.

Adding as much as possible today since I'll be at a seminar tomorrow & can't post until until the evening.

Dr. Rune is akin to Dr. Strange/Fate - he hunts down magic-using villains across the globe & tends to be very heavy-handed (lethal).

Regardless, Essence is doing her part in keeping the superheroes away from the Fed - now it's on the team ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:14 am

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:Noted, Red.

Adding as much as possible today since I'll be at a seminar tomorrow & can't post until until the evening.

No problem with the obligations on your part. I spent most of today traveling myself so I'm just getting caught up now.

Eidolon nailed that hacking roll, getting the highest roll I've ever had in an MnM game: 19+19=38 (see the IC thread).

After Eidolon's men on the top level secure all of the hostages and guards into the vault, they'll head down to the third level to help with the gold and other currency.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 am

Has anyone expressed interest in joining since the "Lies of Freedom" game sprung up?

What sort of villain would fill a niche here?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Nineofspades » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, at Present we have

Cheshire- Stealthy thief
Eidolon-Technology and evil genius
Jack-Sociopathic muder spirit (The Joker)
Willow-Plant controlling Malevolent Puppet Mistress.

At present, we really are at a lack for actual muscle, since Tyrannosaur is MIA.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 pm

I think Precision WOULD count as muscle, unless you meant the super-strong kind.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Nineofspades » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

I meant Literal Super-strong muscle. Both Jack, Cheshire and Precision fit into the 'melee oriented' Build category, but none of them are tanks.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

I think I'll go for the mystic, since Essence has somehow disappeared. I would go for the muscle, but I don't have any ideas for a muscle head, and my builds for them tend to die easily (in my table top games, my villains are more smart then physical, since my players are rather zealous power gamers, and my villains have become strategists rather than muscle heads) I think that I have a good idea for an immortal (as in wolverine style regen) mystic in the style of dr strange's martial artist meets magical sorcerer goodness...only he is a megalomaniacal planes walker, reveling in is immortality and looking for ways to further his own prowess and enjoyment of immortality (he will not be one of those villains that hates being immortal and is seeking to die).
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm

One consideration for conceptualizing replacement players might be where the game is going to go after the bank job.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 pm

I already do have a potential sense of where it will go, of course, Precision is pretty flexible about these things.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room