Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Perfectibilists! [3E Villains' OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The Pentacle Pact! [Villain OOC]

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 am

Nineofspades wrote:Maybe its just because I disappeared for a bit and my memory is fogged, or maybe its just that amid the IC conversation the details were rather muddled, but I don't actually remember the details of the plan.

Could somebody give me a quick rundown of the heist so that I know what I'm doing for it?

It's good to see you back. I hope all is well with you.

I'm not 100% certain on where everyone is going but it seems like we have all of the players. If I'm not mistaken, we're all going to be together. Eidolon should have already deployed his nanotech and had them infiltrate the building by moving through the walls (being as small as they are) or by riding on the staff going into the building. Belial666 is going to have Essence release a swarm of shoggoth-like creatures all over town while causing a rain of blood. Right before she gives the signal that she's doing that, we are going to start burrowing towards the Fed Reserve, trying to avoid any water pipes. My men will be following us, except for the drivers (who are at our "movie set" headquarters that we haven't personally visited - to keep heroes from following us). When we get near the walls of the Fed Reserve, Eidolon's nanotech is going to try turning off their external sensors (like any tremor senses), deleting their facial recognition program, sending Eidolon a diagnostic report on their security systems, and letting him know where the anti-teleportation device is. They will then remove all log-in rights for everyone on the network, change their security passwords, and generally ensure that no one inside or out can access the network of the Fed's security systems. The nanotech will throttle the communication from the building to the outside so that no panic buttons go off, no phone lines work, and no internet connection can get out. Once the wall is breached, Willow is supposed to close off strategic entrances with her trees. Eidolon's men will take control of the employee lockers (where all cell phones will presumably be), then move most of the hostages into a few rooms, which Willow can seal off. The men will start looting the counting room. The supervillains except for Willow meanwhile will be securing all of the security stations on the top floor. Willow will be opening up the path to the next floor down. We'll repeat the same on the next floor: start burrowing immediately, take out security centers, round up hostages, close off exits, and have some of the men loot the international currency. We only need enough currency from each floors for Eidolon to create some red herrings for heroes to follow while the villains escape from Freedom City and perhaps the US. On the third floor down (the vault level), Eidolon will shrink all of the gold. If the nano-tech hasn't done it already, they'll destroy or disable the anti-teleportation device, then Eidolon will use his device to teleport the group (minions included) to the trucks.

During all of this, Eidolon's ship is out to sea with an actor pretending to be him (i.e. the wine merchant). The actor has a number of models on board who believe that the actor is a wealthy French wine merchant. Eidolon plans to play the escape from the city by ear but getting the ship out of the way might confuse the heroes, throw them off the scent, or possibly give Eidolon hostages later. :twisted:

By the way, I just switched cities (I'm doing research in Kolkata, India at the moment) and my internet connection is pretty crappy. Since I finally got an apartment for the month, I'll try to get reliable internet tomorrow. It seems like I might get a better signal on my USB modem if I switch to a local data plan...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 am

Ok, well, we haven't had a GM post IC or OOC in two and a half weeks. I think this game is dead. Thank you to everyone who was a fellow player. Hopefully I'll see you guys in future games.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby dreamking89 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am

I'm still hoping Kevin comes back soon. He was running all three games I was in.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Well.

1st - apologies. Never meant 2 B gone that long. Just had to deal with some issues.

On top of RL I had to overcome PbP issues - when it rains ...

so - a head check to see who's still here or in the neighborhood , then I'll continue.

I haven't caught-up on the thread yet - just wanted 2 let players know I'm back.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby dreamking89 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm still game.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm

dreamking89 wrote:I'm still game.

Thanks, DreamKing89!
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 pm

This adventure is, like all my games, pre-worked - everything is written on my side.

Eidolon/RedBstrd has a great plan - all it requires is players.

Hound is on stand-by, I think.

I addressed my level of complexity & we should be okay.
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:35 am

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:This adventure is, like all my games, pre-worked - everything is written on my side.

I'm still here if we have the players. :D I just figured that we lost our GM.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 pm

RedBstrd wrote:
Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:This adventure is, like all my games, pre-worked - everything is written on my side.

I'm still here if we have the players. :D I just figured that we lost our GM.

Thanks, Redbstrd!
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:17 pm

*waves* still alive.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Nineofspades » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Likewise, I'm still here.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Hm.

With Hound, it's four (Eidolon, Cheshire, the Huntsman, & Willow)

so we can still pull it off maybe ...
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:Hm.

With Hound, it's four (Eidolon, Cheshire, the Huntsman, & Willow)

so we can still pull it off maybe ...

Who's the Huntsman? I thought Hound's character was Jack?
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm

"Huntsman" was part of the monicker, IIRC. Jack definitely hunted people ...

One more would be better, but we can resume with four if necessary.

1.) Eidolon releases his Nano-Swarm to infiltrate & disable the bank
2.) Willow Burrows for the bank w/ the team
3.) Essence was providing the distraction to draw Vanguard & the cops away ... so that phase needs to be addressed, I think.

Can we discuss it ?
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Nineofspades » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:14 pm

I am still very uncomfortable with hounds depiction of Jack, and the intensity with which the character enacted his evil deeds. If he's coming back, Willow will not be.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room