Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Occult Tales (OOC, Closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Occult Tales (OOC, Full)

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 am

Don't worry about it. Real life comes first, of course.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:14 am

I'll address the rest of the posts tonight. I just had to run out of the apartment on short notice this morning and won't be able to finish with everything for a few hours.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 am

Actually, it doesn't look like anything else requires my attention quite yet. Carry on and I'll post when appropriate.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Psychopath » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:14 am

Once the meeting and overlooking of the body is done I should be able to come back into the story just letting you know I didn't drop out red.
"If you think I'm crazy you should hear what some of the voices in my head are saying."
Psychopath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 am

Psychopath wrote:Once the meeting and overlooking of the body is done I should be able to come back into the story just letting you know I didn't drop out red.

Sounds good.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 am

Hopefully I'm giving you guys enough leads to follow for it to be somewhat challenging while avoiding the pitfalls that a mystery game like the Superpowered Noir incurred. Let me know if you need more hints at any point - though I think your rolls have already told you a great deal which could potentially shape your investigation.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 pm

What is James Smith doing meanwhile?

If no one has any other business at the house, I'll move us ahead to the Umbra Club as soon as I get in tonight. Please make note of any preparations you are making along the way - if any are necessary.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 am

I figure Graham will bag the stuff himself. As a licensed PI, it's probably best, legally-speaking, if he does. Then he'll drop it off to someone at the police station he knows.

Since he doesn't have the Connected Advantage, it's really up to the GM where that goes. After that, he's ready to go to the Umbra Club.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:I figure Graham will bag the stuff himself. As a licensed PI, it's probably best, legally-speaking, if he does. Then he'll drop it off to someone at the police station he knows.

Since he doesn't have the Connected Advantage, it's really up to the GM where that goes. After that, he's ready to go to the Umbra Club.

Connected won't be necessary. Tying you into a contact at the police department will open up opportunities for plot lines later. We'll assume that a friend at the station will help Graham, particularly because of who Graham's father is.

No roll is necessary.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:24 pm

That's what I figured. Most of the time, I'd much rather roleplay an encounter with an interesting NPC than just make a roll.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Everyone gets 1 pp for completing the first chapter. I'll keep some of the chapters short just to ensure that everyone gets to develop in the directions they wish at the beginning.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Used that one point to give Graham Quick Draw. A preternaturally fast vampire should be able to get their weapon out fairly fast, after all.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Psychopath » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 pm

I'll just hold onto my point for a bit James was just going to read at home for a bit unless there is a message for him on his machine/bulletin board to talk to someone/work if it has been a few hours then he will have decided to get out to an informed nightclub/bar to have a drink and relax some more from the afternoon.
"If you think I'm crazy you should hear what some of the voices in my head are saying."
Psychopath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Something worth noting: Halla has an always-on seeing and hearing ghosts/spirit-world. Dunno how that would affect things.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Psychopath wrote:I'll just hold onto my point for a bit James was just going to read at home for a bit unless there is a message for him on his machine/bulletin board to talk to someone/work if it has been a few hours then he will have decided to get out to an informed nightclub/bar to have a drink and relax some more from the afternoon.

Ok, I'll work on some stuff for you in the morning.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room