Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Occult Tales (OOC, Closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Occult Tales (OOC, Full)

Postby Mr.United » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Fixed.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:01 am

flynnarrel wrote:So I don't make unfair assumptions, would Halla and/or the others been able to recognize what Graham was by his display of paler skin and metalic eyes?

Probably not. White Court are somewhat rare in the setting. KR would probably have the best chance at recognizing what Graham is.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:16 am

Ok, looking over the posts so far, I noticed the following:

• In 76 days, we've had 129 IC posts, which is about 1.7 per day.
• Those posts break down as follows:
Me: 36 (28%, .47 per day)
Flynnarrel: 31 (24%, .4 per day)
Gazman: 21 (16%, .27 per day)
Arthur Eld: 17 (13%, .22 per day)
Mr.United: 16 (12%, .21 per day)
Psychopath: 8 (6%, .11 per day)

In other words, flynnarrel is a hell of a trooper but even the most dedicated of us are only posting once every other day. Half of our players are posting once every four or five days. Flynnarrel and I contribute over half of the posts, which indicates a serious problem with the health of the game.

Some of the problem is my fault (largely due to my travels) and some is people being busy, but I'm clearly not holding player interest even at the best of times. I suspect that the problem is that things are just too slow paced if I try to stick with the theme of the campaign we're trying to do. Dresden Files games just seem a bit too slow for play by post. Even trying to think of ways to speed up things, I don't think anything is going to change for the better if we stick with things.

So, let's put this matter to an official vote. Do we:

a) Continue?
b) Close the game?

In the event of "b" winning, I will open a new open recruitment thread for a game to replace this one. My current plan would be to run a game based on Stuff of Legends (think of Fables or a darker Toy Story for those who haven't read Stuff of Legends). The basic game concept is that the Boogeyman captures a kid and drags him through his closet into the Dark. In response, his toys rally and cross into the Dark to save the kid. On the other side, the toys are changed: a teddy bear becomes a huge bear, a Zorro mask might become Zorro, and a jack in the box might become a jester-like scoundrel. Obviously, the game would be much higher action and character backgrounds would be all be somewhat similar (toys belonging to the same boy, though acquired in different years) but concepts could be wildly different. In terms of mood, the game would be a lot like the Princess Bride, the Fall, Fables, or the Martin Tenbones and company parts of Sandman.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 am

I'm... not sure what to say. I want/wanted this game to work out. I know investigative games are hard to work in a pbp format, I also know Red is an exceptional GM. If we do end this game I would love to know what you had planned and what the story was.

Your other idea sounds cool too.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:02 pm

I'd rather see the game continue. I know a slow pace can be disconcerting, but I do like the direction the game is taking.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 pm

I vote continue. I guess I can see how the slow pace might be a little bit discouraging, but I don't see this game as being much worse off than any of the PBP games on this board. I'd like to see how this story goes and I love the setting. I'll try and post more if that will help things.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 pm

At this point, like Halla, I'm wondering if we're done for this scene-its why I haven't posted. I figure we have leads to run down which we can do maybe in between this scene or the next, or something. Either way, I don't have much for Graham to contribute at the moment.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.United » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I take my time posting just like we did in Hong Kong. If I were to post like I want, I "lap" people and before someone can walk to a door, I have walked through the door, looked around, shot a wizard, and am now questioning a witness. This upsets some people (obviously) so I make sure everyone in my group at the time, posts before I do.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm

I would love to contiue and see how this unfolds. Stuff of Legend would be fun as hell too but I would like to live out Kr's life and see how things come together or if things fall apart.

And just in case you guys were wondering, Disney has bought the rights to "Stuff of Legend" and is making it into a movie. Just a FYI.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I was supposed to have internet access in my apartment here, but it didn't have it when we moved in and the guy from the internet company failed to show up. Since my USB modem hasn't been working here until this morning, I'm without reliable internet. If the guy doesn't show up today, I'll have to find an internet cafe until I figure out how to get something reliable.

Sorry for my inactivity. I'll keep you guys posted regarding my access as there are updates...

As far as the game is concerned, it looks like the overwhelming consensus is to continue, so that's what we'll do.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 am

I now have internet access in my apartment.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 am

Yay.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 am

flynnarrel wrote:Yay.

... but I have to pay by the volume of usage. I feel like I'm on America Online again. Oh India... :roll:
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 am

Boozing it up tonight (if I can get alcohol). I may post later tonight but I can't promise anything.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Hah! Have fun!
Gazman
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room