Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Occult Tales (OOC, Closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Occult Tales (OOC, Full)

Postby Mr.United » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am

Alright, is the Snake a Spirit as well or is Kevin going to turn and see a floating coiled snake hovering in the air? :lol:
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 am

I imagine snake coiled in air.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Mr.United wrote:Alright, is the Snake a Spirit as well or is Kevin going to turn and see a floating coiled snake hovering in the air? :lol:

That's up to flynnarrel.

Just for the sake of continuity, we'll say that Graham is able to see the spirit monkey like Halla is despite the lack of her exotic senses regarding spirits. His non-human nature apparently makes him more sensitive to the creatures.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:45 pm

The snake is long enough that part of it is still on the ground but it is wrapped, impossibly, around thin air.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 pm

I've noticed (and this issue has come up in discussions with other players) that this game doesn't have a lot of energy behind it yet. It really seems like investigation-heavy games have an automatic strike against them due to how they are slowly paced.

Everyone wanted a Dresden Files-themed game, but in the interest of keeping things moving, would anyone have objections if I made this game into something with less investigation and more of a Nocturnals or White Wolf campaign? This introductory chapter won't change much in light of what we decide to do, but I'm just wondering what we can do to make the enthusiasm higher for the campaign overall. Please feel free to voice your suggestions/commentary.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm honestly kinda digging the mystery angle. I'm okay with seeing how this goes, unless everybody else wants to ramp it up. Even though Chuck is arguably the least investigatey of the player characters.
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mr.United » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm personally ok with anything. I just kinda take my time posting, to make sure I don't butt infront of anyone. But as for more action less Investigation, as long as it doesn't pull from the story. Hong Kong Action was fun as hell even when we weren't shooting up everything. Just remember that even Hong Kong Action was slow at times.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:18 am

I'm waiting to see the results of Chuck's move object check before my action. Not sure how multiple grabbers work in 3E-maybe just a boost to the snake's grab?

Hopefully the monkey can be affected by Will, or Graham will be useless here.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

Arthur Eld wrote:I'm waiting to see the results of Chuck's move object check before my action. Not sure how multiple grabbers work in 3E-maybe just a boost to the snake's grab?

Hopefully the monkey can be affected by Will, or Graham will be useless here.

Chuck's attack roll misses.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

The monkey does indeed have a mind and it's affected by what Graham did to it.

Halla can understand the monkey if she tries but it hasn't been trying to say anything coherent to her yet.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:53 pm

As advance warning, I'm switching cities again since it's the end of the month. On our way to south India, we're stopping in the Andaman islands. We'll be flying out tomorrow morning and should be in the Andamans by 11 am. The islands don't have broadband but there's supposed to be an internet cafe. I'll try to spend at least an hour every day while enjoying pina coladas.

We'll be there until the 31st, and then in transit until the 2nd. On the 1st, we'll be in Chennai for a 24-hour layover. Our room in Chennai has wi-fi. Once we arrive in the south, we should have wi-fi again too. If not, our USB modems should be sufficient.

In other words, there shouldn't be any interruptions from my travel plans but I'm trying to make sure everyone knows about them so that if I'm unable to post tomorrow or something, the reason is clear...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 am

There's an internet cafe less than a kilometer from the place I am staying here, so we shouldn't have any problems with access for the next five days.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:40 am

Halla's kind of center stage at the moment but everyone will get their chance to shine...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

So I don't make unfair assumptions, would Halla and/or the others been able to recognize what Graham was by his display of paler skin and metalic eyes?
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Mr United, no offense, but Kr is not helping Chuck. I said that Chuck leaned against Kevin to show willing. But really, my guy got to his feet on his own in the same post that he fell down. And he moved away from Kevin on his next action. I'm sorry, because I don't want to be a drama queen or anything. But I also don't want to anybody else dictating the specifics of my character when they contradict what I already said happened.
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room